Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. (4119 Views)

Best 20W50 Engine Oil / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla (2) (3) (4)

Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
Why do guys here always insist on 5w30, 5w20, 5w40 oils when the American people switch to 20w50 during the summer season?

Are you saying that our weather is colder than their summers?

Hence following the decision to acquire the w210 E320 2001 model year I am thinking about using Mobil oil xhp @3000 miles change intervals.

Any concerns I should be aware of?

After the puffs and huff.. I will like to declare that my beast only rolls with full synthetic oil....as indicated below. @nakoks erico2k2 sopperescue

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cc
Sopperescue
King406
Nakoks
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by mokset123: 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
does the manual of the car state that the oil be switched from 5w 20 or 5w 30 to 20w 50 in the summer? i have not seen such in my car manual oh.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
I am interested in running 20w50 all through

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
Oga EgunMogaji pls kindly come and help this man out o!!
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
I got a like... seems I am on the right track
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
weyreypey:
Why do guys here always insist on 5w30, 5w20, 5w40 oils when the American people switch to 20w50 during the summer season?

Hence following the decision to acquire the w210 E320 2001 model year I am thinking about using Mobil oil xhp @3000 miles change intervals.

Please submit proof.

For anyone that is interested, this is a fallacy, especially on modern vehicles.

PS: I use Mobil 1 European 0W40.

It is the only M1 that meets this spec below.

Mobil 1 0W-40 has the following builder approvals:

MB-Approval 229.3

X

MB-Approval 229.5

X

BMW LONGLIFE OIL 01

X

VW 502 00/505 00

X

PORSCHE A40

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
mokset123:
does the manual of the car state that the oil be switched from 5w 20 or 5w 30 to 20w 50 in the summer? i have not seen such in my car manual oh.

No engine manufacturer will say that.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

No engine manufacturer will say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbfFKxEpP8g
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
weyreypey:

https://m.youtube.com/?noapp=1&client=mv-google

Like I said, no manufacturer will ask you to use 20W50 on a modern engine.

Your link is to an enthusiast video, not Mercedes. And he stated that the requirement is 0W40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbfFKxEpP8g?t=10m22s

PS: Anyone can use any oil weight they want on their cars, The issue is trying to make something personal that deviates from the manufacturers specs as being the bible.

The first thing I do on a job is to figure out how to do the job faster and will usually be different from the manufacturers recommendation but that doesn't mean my way is the Bible.

PPS: And I'm out. You guys enjoy.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Like I said, no manufacturer will ask you to use 20W50 on a modern engine.

Your link is to an enthusiast video, not Mercedes. And he stated that the requirement is 0W40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbfFKxEpP8g?t=10m22s

PS: Anyone can use any oil weight they want on their cars, The issue is trying to make something personal that deviates from the manufacturers specs as being the bible.

The first thing I do on a job is to figure out how to do the job faster and will usually be different from the manufacturers recommendation but that doesn't mean my way is the Bible.

PPS: And I'm out. You guys enjoy.

we be voiding them warranties since 1980!

i'm not a gearhead - but i am a tech geek. the first thing i do with any new pc is change the hard drive and install windows from scratch - even if i have to scour the net to find the right drivers.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 5:16am On Jun 21, 2018
oyb:

i'm not a gearhead - but i am a tech geek. the first thing i do with any new pc is change the hard drive and install windows from scratch - even if i have to scour the net to find the right drivers.
Whaat? Well my engine is gonna love the 20w50 oil. Even I might switch to SAE40... Single grade oil.... We don't have seasons or extreme temperatures that requires multigrade oils
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by sooperrescue(m): 7:22am On Jun 21, 2018
weyreypey:

Whaat? Well my engine is gonna love the 20w50 oil. Even I might switch to SAE40... Single grade oil.... We don't have seasons or extreme temperatures that requires multigrade oils

please let me swap the car with you and give you honda accord hala since you want to destroy that car. The most powerful E class of all times using an xhp?

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by LeJeun3: 8:08am On Jun 21, 2018
oyb:

You the funniest SOB I've in the last 24hours, how do you compare reinstalling windows and changing HDD with deviation from standard requirements for running an engine??

When you change HDD why do you bother about drivers, why not leave it like that?? You scour the net because you want the laptop to closest to factory specs as possible. Either ways, your action doesn't affect your PC. Its end user reliant.

PS. weyreypey, you could run that engine on vegetable oils with maybe 6weeks interval, its gonna be great. I love the aroma of red oil...

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
LeJeun3:

You the funniest SOB I've in the last 24hours, how do you compare reinstalling windows and changing HDD with deviation from standard requirements for running an engine??

When you change HDD why do you bother about drivers, why not leave it like that?? You scour the net because you want the laptop to closest to factory specs as possible. Either ways, your action doesn't affect your PC. Its end user reliant.

PS. weyreypey, you could run that engine on vegetable oils with maybe 6weeks interval, its gonna be great. I love the aroma of red oil...

grin grin Funny man

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
LeJeun3:

I am gonna surprise you.
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
sooperrescue:

please let me swap the car with you and give you honda accord hala since you want to destroy that car. The most powerful E class of all times using an xhp?
Bring a RR.
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by sooperrescue(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
weyreypey:

Bring a RR.
Done deal. Lejeun3, please if the car is on the Island, help me check it before I give him this RR.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
sooperrescue:

Done deal. Lejeun3, please if the car is on the Island, help me check it before I give him this RR.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by sooperrescue(m): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2018
Sorry bros, use better oil. No other way.
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
sooperrescue:
Sorry bros, use better oil. No other way.
Is that why you are seeking to dash out your impenetrable problem? God forbid
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by sooperrescue(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2018
i wanted to give you honda hala, you said you want a range rover and in my good conscience, gave you one and you are rejecting it. You that is contemplating using an xhp on a Benz, is it a 2007 or 2017 range rover that I should offer you, when to change the oil will cost you 90k? After you will say that Nigerians are bad. That RR is in top shape that you just rejected. Look at the current state

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
Ok sa kip it for your cats.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by nakoks(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

I am predicting you would have engine issues sooner than you expect."Benz engines are indestructible" but with someone like you ,they might just rephrase that

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
nakoks:

I am predicting you would have engine issues sooner than you expect."Benz engines are indestructible" but with someone like you ,they might just rephrase that
Why are you making bogus claims? 20W50 is our oil in Nigeria!!
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by nakoks(m): 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Why are you making bogus claims? 20W50 is our oil in Nigeria!!

You and who?which our oil?Oga put that your "our oil" in your "our car" and not a beautifully crafted piece of German machine.That is evil (if you know what goes into creating that beast you wont be contemplating what you are about to do).

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
nakoks:

You and who?which our oil?Oga put that your "our oil" in your "our car" and not a beautifully crafted piece of German machine.That is evil (if you know what goes into creating that beast you wont be contemplating what you are about to do).

Really? Tell me more
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
nakoks:

Oga see, abeg leave sound advice for intelligent ones, his Mercedes-Benz car and his choice of oil to use in his car engine.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
dumo1:

Oga see, abeg leave sound advice for intelligent ones, his Mercedes-Benz car and his choice of oil to use in his car engine.
You seem to have a very poor parental upbringing.... Have you seen anyone pass insults on this thread since? If you even have a Mercedes it can't be beyond a C klasse... Maintain your lane.

Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

You seem to have a very poor parental upbringing.... Have you seen anyone pass insults on this thread since? If you even have a Mercedes it can't be beyond a C klasse... Maintain your lane.
The person I quoted didn't even say anything on the issue at hand rather you have been the the one subtly throwing shades at people giving you advice on previous comments up there. If that sounded like an insult to you then you need to go back to school and learn proper comprehension and reading skills from your teachers.
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by weyreypey: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
Beautiful Mobil XHP. LOADING.... 2 FULL KEGS
Re: Engine Oil Requirements ... Advice Needed.. by nurey(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey is = smartchoices = smellingmenses = freshvine and others.
besides the op is a troll he knows the right thing just pulling ur legs.

the op still has other tons of moniker but I will keep them secret for now

Change Of Ownership Is Our Call / International Driving Permit / So I Visited Gazzuzz's Workshop...