Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? (24466 Views)

Why Do Husbands Find It Hard To Apologise To Their Wives / Do Husbands Feel Guilty After Making Love To Their Wives / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 1:07am On Jun 15, 2010
I stated most women who hide under the law to abuse and beat their husbands deserve a little beating. . .

That shouldn't count as a general reference. wink

Btw, I have nothing against you agreeing with her, I just see nothing extraordinary in her comment cause every user on here stated the same thing over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 1:19am On Jun 15, 2010
mama gee abeg carry your "issues" waka front

"all of this men and women saying that women deserve a little beating, when someone seriously beats you up. husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend, i hope you stay put and smile, after all you deserved it.

Beating is a cowardly act, there are million and one ways of settling disputes, raising your hand against anyone, man/woman makes you a coward.

I know some women have fire in their mouths, they will insult and push you to the edge, some will go as far as bringing in your parents in it, just so you hit them, but people should learn self control, if someone insults you, wife/gf and you think the only way of getting even or make them shut up and realise what they have done is by beating, it just brings you to their level."

if youre having a heartache b'cause i agreed with the sense she was making here, guess what? i still agree with her even more, so go ahead and have a double heartache. everyone else was on a different note on the issue until you stormed in with your mind boggling "thought"

Sissy is done with you.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by mamagee3(f): 1:24am On Jun 15, 2010
Hey, I have nothing against you agreeing with her"

I hope you comprehend this and stop blundering flaw

Wonder why English is too hard for you to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 1:30am On Jun 15, 2010
you have nothing with me agreeing with her but somehow you still managed to find issue in me agreeing with her and querying me on why im thanking her.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by skfa1: 12:12am On Jun 16, 2010
mama Gee and sissy, why una dey punch una self? oya both of you lie down now cool
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2010
skfa1:

mama Gee and Sissy, why una dey punch una self? oya both of you lie down now cool

me having punches with mg for where?
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by pikadily(m): 2:30am On Jun 17, 2010
I know a guy in Dallas has been in the u.s for like 25 years a citizen i suspect though i am not sure.A few years ago he came over looking for a wife.He specifically wanted from his family a wife that will be gentle,helpful and kind to cut a long story short after a couple of years the girl gradually transformed int o a horrible monster.She made him had quarrell with his best friend and then will stay at the friends place some times over the week end,on few occasions she even spat on him and started dressing like a love-peddler.Fortunately the guy knew what he was doing,he never even lift a finger all this while.He knew she was after trouble followed by divorce so she could get half of every thing as the guy is bleeping rich.Unknown to her the guy has special plans for her.A time come when she wanted to visit Nigeria and he moved into action.On her arrival his male brothers where suppose to pick her up and take her to her familys village in Zaria.On her arrival after coming from the airports they drove her to their familys main house ( the hubby's) family house supposedly to greet them thats where he got his pound of flesh. grin
   They first demanded for her passport,when she asked why she first got a dirty slap that sent her crashing to the floor.When they asked the 2nd time she handed it over to them,then they collected all her identification including her drivers license and burned them in her presence.They dispossessd her of even her suit cases containing clothing which was paid for by the hubby one way or the other.They then gave her the beating of her life before returning her to the village.Her dad after hearing what she did to her husband fornicating around and all supported the actions of the kids and pledged to keep her in their village for ever.She cried for weeks and on few occasions she got access to a gsm phone she will call him in Dallas to beg,beg,beg and beg for forgiveness.I hear now she is happily married to a stinking villager in their native Zaria.

I agree 110% majority of married women in the u.s.a have lost it,they need deliverance.As for this girl though i believe the pay back was rather harsh i will also like to think that she got what she deserved.
and yeah mama-gee they need spanking! wink
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Sissy3(f): 3:14am On Jun 17, 2010
they need spanking!

what other punishment do you think they need too?

maybe timeout for them when they misbehave?

or taking away from their "toys"?
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by OAM4J: 3:34am On Jun 17, 2010
michelin89:

Even insulting someone is a form of abuse. There are words that can hurt really bad. . .skin deep.

In cases like that a thousand strokes can't compare to the damage those few words have caused.

Both our tongues and hands are dangerous instruments when they perpetuate violence. I don't see why we should be more severe on one than the other. Both should be discouraged equally because they can equally hurt.

Chei! You reminded me of one of my exs, her tongue was razor; yet in her cool element, she was one of the very nice girls i've ever met.

@ topic

There are better ways of handling/dealing with a troublesome woman without beating her.

Real men don't beat their women - Fact. (*Rule #1 on becoming a Real Man*)
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by dongen: 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
cold:

grin My broda,some women are more diabolic than satan.

hahahaha spot on, you just gotta bear with it, love a woman for who she is.......
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
chichi234:
why does a husband beat his wife.sometimes you wonder:if they were forced 2gether.if they had not slept together,if they never loved themselves.what causes that turning point when a loving husband starts beating his wife?are there signs to see in one's future husband?
No signs..
Just dont do things that warrant beatings
Some wives are too stubborn and some hubbies are just too lame that beating women are what they do best.. angry
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Curtis10(m): 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
chichi234:
why does a husband beat his wife.sometimes you wonder:if they were forced 2gether.if they had not slept together,if they never loved themselves.what causes that turning point when a loving husband starts beating his wife?are there signs to see in one's future husband?

It's a general knowledge that men should not beat their wife's. That steps from the ancient times so men should not take beating woman has a sport.

Women are no different human beings capable of provoking. But men must by every means be tolerable. But men tolerance as limits...same as God.

An abuser of women is not who I'm referring to here. Women should always be of good behavior and I pray they meet men who can tolerate them.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by 1miccza: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
chichi234:

There are signs one only has to look closely
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by bezimo(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
I heard a revered man of God say and I quote
"A man that beats his wife is a fool but the wife is a bigger fool, because the wife is talking and she sees that the man is angry, she continues talking until the man slaps her then she keeps quiet or it escalates"

He also said that "Animals don't fight or beat their spouse and that a man that beats his spouse is less than an Animal"
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 24, 2015
michelin89:
Even mama-gee would break a chair on a man's head if he hit her even though she disrespected him.

All I am saying is that as we have said a man should never beat a woman, women shouldn't take advantage of this to be idiots. If he must learn how to control his hands, we as women must learn how to control our tongues.

#True Talk. We sometimes forget that to every action(Verbal Abuse), the is an equal and opposite reaction(Physical Abuse). Although I don't support abuse of any kind in relationships, both have the same damaging effect.
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
mamagee3:

Emmm. . .Yeah, that should bring the issue of "Wife Battering" into more surveillance.

Most Nigerian Women over here tend to beat their husbands and abuse them cause the govt is on their side when it comes to violence.

Let's be real, What kind of man would be patient enough to watch a woman spit on his face and abuse him cause of a sexist law that bans beating a woman up? undecided

To me, that's ridiculous!

Oh well, I wouldn't expect a man to beat me up if I was respectful to him in the first place.

A woman should respect her husband just like the husband should respect his wife.

A woman shouldn't abuse nor beat her husband cause a government views them as the weaker vessel and always there to protect them.

The most annoying part of it all is that most of these women do it intentionally cause they feel they'll get away with it.

YOU ARE AWESOME!! I truly appreciate you for this post. No matter how we try to paint it that a man should have self control over his anger no matter what the woman do to him, we should also not forget that a everyone has a breaking point, or elastic limit. Your advice mama gee is just the possible way of correcting physical abuse. Some women can push a man to do more worst than beating no matter how discipline the man is. #I don't support violence against women
Re: Why Do Husbands Beat Their Wives? by Scout60(m): 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2015
chichi234:
Z t not the same women that the mother in law nd sister in law still maltreat. The problem is that some women lack respect. Some women hide all their bad behaviour so that they can get marry first before showing it out. Take for example, my friend wife was dressing decent before they get married but she later started wearing bum short and show breast when they later married. The guy warned him several times even reported it to her mother, the girl still wear the bum short. The guy was forced to seize all the cloth and the girl have the gut to lock the door that he will not go to work if he do not bring the bum shorts out. If u were the guy sister or cousin, what will u do.

If i were the guy, the girl is going on an definite suspension to her fathers house and she must give me the key right there OR

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / A Nigerian Man Finds Out His 32-Year-Old 'Son' Is Not His (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.