Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) (51931 Views)

3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) / Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached / Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by Habyyet: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
there are some things we aren't suppose to be rating high in this country
it's the primary assignment of this government to construct bridges and road and other social amenities

since its not their fathers money
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by ifymadu: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
erico2k2:

E be like say if you fly, you go over for London and JFK
I no understand
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
Follygunners:
Great job by LSG no doubt. Tinubu is a BASATAR.D, I swear! It's so sad when we're all taken for a ride and simply think we'll all gonna ride along.

The thing is majority of Nigerians especially the Youths (A big disgrace) are very ignorant and ill-informed. They lack the fundamental knowledge of how these things operate. What's the ROIs / ROR vs. Cost on these projects? Of course the books have been cooked and manipulated hence, no transparency in their spending.

All the companies and gov't bodies providing the capital and financing for these projects are privately owned and run by one man. Tinubu. All the profits, interests and other marginal Over-head benefits all goes to him. So now tell me why that's right. He came in as the 1st governor of the 3rd republic and privatized ~85% of these public and gov't institutions for his personal benefits. undecided

Majority of these projects are simply a tiny fraction of the LSG potential, given the financial strength and capital-financing platform. LSG can definitely do more than these miniature projects. Why settle for less when you can have more? angry

The obscure and mediocre mindset of the average Nigerian would make them believe LSG is really doing a great job... which in my opinion, is correct to an extent, in comparison to other states. We live in a society where we've been denied / deprived of our basic and Fundamental Human Rights, a society where our gov't deprive us our rightful social amenities to the point of praising, adulating and celebrating them when they eventually give us a fraction of our own resources. undecided

Anyway, what do I know? If you know, you know! What most Nigerians and sadly the youths care about is, making it BIG without a strategic and systemized pathway to success. They keep hoping and believing in 'God' to pick their calls blah, blah, blah! SAD! sad

government don't make profit. so how do you calculate ROI
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by surgical: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
HRtechnique:
It only cost him commitment to purpose.
It is a currency without which nothing would be done.
look at them
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by Follygunners: 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
WinningSun:

government don't make profit. so how do you calculate ROI

Correct. But they generate revenue, right? They surely need to have 'Margin' then. That's why I also put a ROR on there... undecided
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by kenoyad: 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
it's very disheartening to say Ambode is working. I expect every Lagos residents to rise up and demand accountability from Lagos state govt. how much is monthly revenue and how much is monthly recurrent expenditure also, cost of each capital projects. a competitive tender system with a transparent board should be in place for contracts and public spending while local content should be giving priority.
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by NdiaraIGBO: 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
kunleweb:
God Bless you autojosh for such brilliant critical questioning. The same reasons some of us have stated Lagos is nothing but an establishment created for fraud.

Almost no public projects in Lagos in the past 16 years is known to the people of Lagos as to the funds that went into such projects. An example is the Lekki Toll Gate, almost very few persons know the status of the loan, the balance, what's left to be paid, the amount left to be paid, rather these croonies have elongated the tenure of revenue collection and have told Lagosians to prepare for increment. I'm not a Lagosian hence the ill-informed ones accuse us of Anti-Yoruba sentiments when we raise such concerns.

Good to see committed persons to the development of Lagos raise such vital question. I leave the rest to you to ponder

If you begin to ask questions about bidding processes for contracts in Lagos, you'll be more shocked. No one in the older generation that has been involved politically should raise their hands to demand a corrupt-free government. Not a single one of those stooges is clean.

1. REVENUE COLLECTION BIDDING PROCESS

2. REVENUE DISBURSEMENT

3. THE INCESSANT COMPLAINT BY PENSIONERS OF NOT BEEN PAID DESPITE CONTINUOUS MEDIA INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT OF SOME BY THE GOVERNMENT

4. THE EXTERNAL LOAN, DEBT STATUS OF THE STATE

5. PROPERTY OWNERSHIP TOLL

Collection of funds, use of funds and disbursement must be transparent otherwise there's corruption, regardless of state. I rest my pen.

It goes on and on. Lagos is sustained by the populace not any economic vibrancy to say the least, thus the push by the cabals to fight any opposition to grounded seaports in other regions before now. Peradventure 5 or more cities become as vibrant as Lagos and attract lots of people to go seek work in these states, leaving Lagos with a crushed populace, will the stomach-decay not reveal itself to the world?

CC: Princefred Salamrushdie

Awon omo Igbo!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by kunleweb: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

Awon omo Igbo!

Pele tiye Omoluabi-oshi
Re: How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) by brainworkng: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2018
Government money was spent on the flyover so not his personal funds, besides Fashola started the project he (Ambode) just completed it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Gets New Chopper From Caverton Helicopters / Photos Of Dino Melaye In Court As Accused Persons Deny Allegations Against Him. / Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.