Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53923 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
ayodapo:

Give us our money back Mr Larger-mouth, he kept bragging that Nigeria will defeat greece as if they are at the world cup to sell ground nut. He should be made to face the music, its obvious he does not have a clue, and will someone tell them at NFF that they should send SIASIA on a rescue mission to SA to redeem our spoilt image.
oh oh
its Lagerback that got a red
its Lagerback that missed an empty net

its Lagerback that spilled ball to the rushing Greek for the 2nd goal

niggar stfu
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by KingTut1: 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
Argentina are not yet through, so will attack and hopefully beet Greece.
Even if we beat S.Korea by 1 goal we are through on G.D.
But will that happen?

After today, it seems obvious we are seriously under curse.
We score to take the lead, then get a pointless red card.
Concede a goal by deflection
Our left back gets injured and his replacement gets injured 15 minutes later.
We then miss a sitter, absolute sitter by our two attacking players.
Then concede our second from a silly mistake from the keeper.
Greece did absolutely nothing in that game.

I still have hope sha, but I am not even goin to watch the match as I don't want the stress.
Everything about Nigeria we Bleep up by shooting ourselves in teh foot.
How come the NFF didn't build on the great team we had from 1994 - 2000?
To get to SA was stress, cup of nations was stress, cancelled friendly against Paraguay
Disrupted friendly against Columbia
Training camp in London cancelled
No training at altituide

What the Bleep is going on with the NFF!??!?!?!?!?!??!?
I have small hiope of progressing bt I don't need the stress.
I don tire with Naija finish.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
merge:

OH STFU

Igorant Fool  grin
CHEERS MATE  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by waladis(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=16pt] BAD ECONOMY, BAD LEADERS, BAD IMAGE ABROAD AND NOW BAD FOOTBALL TEAM, OUR ONLY REMAINING SOURCE OF HAPPINESS AND UNITY IN THE COUNTRY, JUST BECAUSE OF ONE ARAB LIKE MENTALITY ABUKI. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME STEPS TO BE TAKEN IN DIVIDING THE NATION. WHO DOES THIS I.D.I.O.T.  THINK HE IS TO HAVE TAKEN THE  LAW INTO HIS OWN HAND, HE ACTED EXACTLY THE WAY THEY DO BACK HOME, ATTACKING INNOCENT PEOPLE FOR NO REASON [/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by daniellle(f): 5:19pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by RuuDie(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
OttO Rehhagel showed his experience and class as a manger immediately substituting one of his central defenders for Samaras (a striker) as soon as that red card was shown to kaita. That probably was a defining moment for them in seizing the initiative. . . . wonder if Lagerback woulda had the guts/guile to do the same if the reverse had been the case.          undecided

Anyways, i tip the greeks to steal a point off Argentina - i'm sure they can be drilled to be a very stoic defensive unit as we saw in the Euros back in '04!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
@ >>>naija 15, very correct!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
the tribalist folks among us are showing their true colors.

didn't okocha once get a card in a nation's cup game?  stupid rash decisions like this do happen but this is a warning to guys like haruna, kaita and co to stop that gra gra african style of football that won't fly in a world cup tournament.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by scantee(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
shit shit shit shit shit
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by naija15: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=18pt]ENYEMA GOD BLESS, IF I WAS IN YOUR SHOES I WOULD OF WALKED OUT THE GAME AND SAID I CANT PLAY WITH THESE PLAYERS ANYMORE. ENYEMA SAVED US FROM HUMILATION. LARS YOU CANT COACH THE UNCOACHABLE. IT LIKE ASKING FOR PARIS HILTON TO DROP FROM THE SKY INTO YOUR HAND.
NIGERIA = THE EMBARRASSMENT OF AFRICA
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by kolaoloye(m): 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
Demain_man:

TBJ predicted it yesterday. EMMANUEL TV. I am not surprised nor disappointed.
Who is TBJ ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by v3: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
A new word has been added to the Dictionary."KAITA" A man who single handedly hindered the hope of his country for reason best known to him.
"Kaita" can be use in place of words like Jeopardy, Hinder, Sabotage, Disrupt, Antagonist, fool etc.
Examples are Don't kaita what we have been building for 11 yrs in one day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by mrofficial(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=20pt]A new word has been added to the English Dictionary. "KAITA" A man who alone hinder the hope of his country for reason best known to him. "Kaita" can be used in place of words like Jeopardy, Hinder, Sabotage, Disrupt, Antagonist, Fool etc. Example: Don't kaita what we have been building for 11 years in one day.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
Keita sending off should have strenghten the sountherners if he was not important in the team. F all these North haters
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Jarus(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
After matches like this I keep off sports discussion forums, because I go disinterestedly speechless, only to return months after, but I think I still have my voice here.

But why is it that other teams use 10 men to beat us (Ghana in 2008, Senegal in 2002, Argentina in 1994) but we cannot use ten men to beat another team?
Even after being reduced to ten men,no matter how early, many teams hold their own against oppositions, some even converting it to victory, what excatlly is wrong with Nigeria?

oh, I'm really embarrassed.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

while you were typing 29 new replies have been posted grin
while you were typing again 5 new replies ahve been posted grin
while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted again grin
while you were typing 2 new replies ahve been posted agian  grin
while you were typing a new reply has been posted  grin
one more grin
2 more grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by merge(f): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
buzugee:

CHEERS MATE  grin

Africans like you bring shame to the Continent  shocked

White this White that
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Demainman1: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2010

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
another thing, guys like shittu and yobo at this point in their career are nothing but subs.  

enyeama has suffered.  he might renounce his nigerian citizenship before the 3rd game.  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by phreakabit(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIED NOW!!!!!!!!

1 MAN DIED AGAINST ARGENTINA, HOW MANY WOULD DIE AGAINST LOWLY RATED GREECE, SMH
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by lagbaja(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
But for keita, we started with a brilliant outing, and we could have won quite easily . Yoruba will say "ti a ba nsunkun ki a ma riran". it is not yet over, if we apporach South Korea with the kind of strateby we used against Argentina, we can walk away with a 2:1 defeat. Dont forget how we qualified, everybody wrote the eagles  off before the even managed to qualify. Nigerian is moving on to the qualifying rounds. mark my words
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by BinghiNya(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
I told sauron and the other lagerabck apologists thay the guys record is nothing to write home about. Just one win in 10matches at the world cup. Korea will finish the job
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
Alas my friends, we have still some hope. . .

As long as Argentina beats Greece, all we need to do is beat South Korea by single goal margin to go through on superior goal difference. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
v3:

A new word has been added to the Dictionary."KAITA" A man who single handedly hinder the hope of his country for reason best known to him. "Kaita" can be use in place of words like Jeopardy, Hinder, Sabotage, Disrupt, Antagonist, fool etc. Examples are Don't kaita what we have been building for 11 yrs in one day.
as for me and my house
Kaita means calamity, horror, disaster, catastrophe, misfortune, tragedy, mishap, accident angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by EzeUche(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
To HELL WITH THE NORTH!

It took a SON OF BIAFRA to score our only GOAL!

Aboki ruined Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by obinna5000(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
Its hard to see Nigeria advancing to the next round. The chances are too slim.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by brutal(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
we must bomb our sport minister and Nfa board members. .they must die. .
Jonathan!jonathan!jonathan! DO SOMETHING NOW OR I GO BOMB U TOO:
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by OvieE: 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
If there is corrupt world cup, we will every game we play. This is why they need to develop corrupt world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigeria is Not the Ebarresment of Africa but some individuals in various power circles are.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by cold(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
So what exactly are good for as a country,cuz seriously i'm at a loss here
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
merge:

Africans like you bring shame to the Continent  shocked

White this White that

EEWWWWWW i am not an african. i refuse to be associated with africans such as yourself. i am british. born and raised on the streets of clapham  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by HNIC(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
Warning - while you were typing 680 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by kolaoloye(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
Demain_man:

If he is truly a prophet let him tell us now  who is going to carry
the cup at the end of the tournament

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (53) (Reply)

Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match / Ahmadu Bello Way, Abuja Was Shutdown To Watch Nigeria Vs Iceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.