Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

The Devil In The Suit - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil In The Suit (89614 Views)

The Devil In The Altar / Devil In Red (story) / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Emekuswilson(m): 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
What a great work...
Iwrite, I'm waiting in anticipation to see the next episode.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by donteanz(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
I Can Sincerly Picture This Story In A Movie I Did Watched Sometimes Back. If You've Watched Boys Before Flower, You Will Sabi What I'm Yanning! Iwrite Oya Gbera

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by akpota(m): 10:20am On Jun 29, 2018
Please post the rest chapters.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Chapter 8
Chapter title: Aftermath.

As the stranger turned the ignition. She couldn't help but look back, seeing an alarmed Daniel. He was watching in the pouring rain as the car zoomed off in a pile of exhaust flames. She shivered, glazing ahead out of the windshield, at the soft glow of skyscrapers. Her mind flamed with the memory. Daniel's scent, a warm earthy fragrance still permeated her nostrils.

"Bitter ex-boyfriend?" The stranger interrogated, making a tinge of heightened colour in her cheeks, she flushed, looking away.

"Any-who, I'm Gabriel and not a ritualist" he clarified, chuckling, shifting his gaze from the road to take a good look at her.

"I'm Genevieve, and until I get home safely on my bed, then I'll believe you" she gave him a skeptical once-over, making sure to scan the backseats for any suspicious instruments and gadgets.

"I'll take that, Genevieve. It seems fair enough" he smiled, a warm and welcoming one and not the cocky smile always attached on the CEO's facials. She frowned, wiping little to no creases from her dress.

"Hey princess, why that frown? it doesn't suit you. Try smiling instead"

"How'd you know? You've never seen me smile before" she laughed, releasing her damp braids from the elastic rubber hair-band and tying it into a neat bun above her head.

"There it is, you made it so easy, giving me more instead"

Genevieve rolled her eyes. But a smile still invaded her lips. He's such a flirt. she thought. Did she expect a man to offer her a lift and not flirt, that's the most obvious reward for his generosity. She secretly watched as he expertly took the wheel. He put his signal on, preparing to turn left at a traffic light to a street. His short black hair messy and matted down from the rain, obviously. His strong jaw line, thick chin and long straight nose. Her eyes swept down to his button-up shirt and jeans. His Bronze skin which looked slightly tanned in the dimly lit of his Mercedes-Benz.

"I hope I'm not probing too much but so you work around here?" He inquired, eyes glued to the road.

"Yeah" was all she voiced out, she didn't want to give all info about herself yet. He was still a stranger.

She prayed silently to God to take her home safely again, increasing the amount of her seed. She shivered a little, reacting to the cold. It wasn't raining anymore but the weather promised another heavy pour. She rubbed her palms together, Gabriel noticed then reduce the air-conditioning in the car and she smiled in gratitude.

She gave him directions to her house and made him stop in front of her street. She needed not to be told, letting an absolute stranger in. Who knows, he might come back with armed men.

"So.. I guess it's a goodbye then" Gabriel turned, facing Genevieve. What was he expecting. A kiss?

He suddenly leaned into her, making her eyes wide. He brought out something from his shirt pocket that inflated her curiosity or maybe fright. He shoved it into her palm. It was his business card, she smiled inwardly, her heart beat returning to normal.

"Call me, and don't save my number as one guy or Samaritan. My name's Gabriel" he emphasized, he threw back his head, laughing at the clear possibility, she laughed too, feeling homely around this lad.

"I will. Thanks so much for the ride and yes, you ain't no kidnapper, Gabriel. Thank you" she eyed the wet leather seat, giving him a sympathetic smile. "Sorry about your seats"

His laugh echoed in the car, as she was about to close the door, he stopped her swiftly.

"Wait. I hope we could see sometime"

"Yeah, sure" or maybe not, she added underneath her breath. He smiled as she closed the door,
making sure he zoomed off before proceeding to her house. She shoved the card in her purse, Making a mental note to save his number later or maybe not.

She sighed, hitting at the door, it flung open, revealing Michelle. Her 16 year old sister, embracing her. Genevieve blinked away the tears. She broke a promise. Michelle searched Genevieve's hands but found nothing, her smile faltered as they advanced to the sitting room.

"I'm sorry Mich. I had so much work and I for-"

"Aunty Genevieve, you're finally home, I thought the rain ate you up. Now I get to eat cake" Joel her  five year old brother. The last child and only male child smiled, hugging his eldest sister's knees. "I didn't sleep, Aunty Genevieve, I kept my eyes wide open. Mum did but I didn't" he smiled cheerfully, tugging the hem of her dress. She sighed, lifting him up and pinching his soft cheeks.

"If I get two cakes instead of one, how'd that make you feel. Huh?" Genevieve quizzed, making her voice as animated as possible.

"I would give you a bear hug" he clapped his hands.

"I'm getting two cakes Joel- I mean Sergeant Buckhill" she started but corrected herself when he gave her a disapproving look. He loved cartoon characters and named himself after one "-but there's a itsy-bitsy problem" Genevieve frowned.

"What is it, Aunty Genevieve?"

"I'll get them tomorrow. The pouring rain spoilt the previous one" she lied, making Michelle giggle lightly.

"I hate rain. But okay since you're getting two" he laughed, releasing himself from her comforting embrace and running to his Mum's room, shaking his butt in the process.

"You have to get those cakes, you know right?" Michelle sniggered, making Genevieve groan loudly.

Genevieve sprawled on her bed, hands on her lips. The kiss, she felt the emotions run through her again in a never ending bliss, making her clasp her thighs in the process. She was grateful that the next day was Saturday, meaning no work. She couldn't help but wonder why he suddenly kissed her out of no where. Was he attracted to her? No, no. She shook her head, burying the thought. Tope said his type were hot models and not his PA. Was he affected by the kiss as much as she was? It was nothing new to him but it was to her. Many thoughts continued to tally through her mind until she drifted to a land where partially everything would be okay. In other words. Dream land.

"She slapped you" Vincent Savage staggered unable to control his breath, he adjusted himself on the barstool, holding his chest, still staggering.

Daniel glared at his cousin.

"No! this is unbelievable, Daniel, a girl slapped you for kissing her, girls die to get you to look at them but she slapped you Daniel, she slapped you" Vincent laughed hard, hitting his fist on the island then using his free hand to wipe away stray tears from his eye lids.

"Vincent!" Daniel squinted his eyes in warning then motioned the bartender for a refill.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry alright? but it's still hilarious. What the hell happened to you man?" Vincent inquired, downing all the heavy liquid in a gulp, he swallowed then hit the glass on the table. His eyebrows rose at Daniel in questioning.

Vincent Savage was Daniel's cousin, a young Billionaire like himself. Vincent knew him in and out, they were not only cousins but best friends since diapers.

When Genevieve left, Daniel brain was clouded with outlandish thoughts he wasn't accustomed with yet. He wondered why he kissed her, an act his brain couldn't relate with. He had to shut her up definitely but kissing her was a foreign act. The reasonable side of his brain scolded him for allowing a young woman go on the busy streets of Lagos alone in the pouring rain. Then he decided to follow her but she had company, he couldn't make out who the person was, but he knew it was a 'he'. He didn't know why he suddenly felt infuriated with her for ditching him. After what he did, there was no way in hell she could go with him. He knew that. The stranger might be her relative for Pete's sake. He didn't understand why he suddenly cared about her well-being. He was never bothered about anyone's, not even his ex-girlfriend, Melissa.

He groaned, staring at Jacob "she looked vulnerably cute and her lips- ranting unnecessarily and I guess I-i wasn't thinking straight, then decided to shut her up" Daniel explained.

"There are other ways to console a sobbing PA. But you chose the weirdest of them all"

"I'm confused alright"

"That's just a cover up, you only wanted to taste those lips right, so tell me. How was it?"

"I'm so stupid telling you this, you are the last guy on earth who would consider feelings and emotions, especially that of a lady" Daniel blurted, a feeling of frustration billowed through him.

Vincent frowned, feigning hurt. "I know a lot about my ladies" he defended, hand on his chest.

"Then, what's the name of the girl you're currently screwing?" Daniel challenged.

"Pttf, Natasha"

"Natalie" Daniel corrected.

"Whatever man, this isn't about me but you. So are you interested in her?"

"Certainly not" Daniel snapped.

"I'm going for hugs if I meet her"

"Why would you-"

"She's giving my cousin a hard time, the only girl who puts you in your place" Vincent grinned from ear-to-ear, wriggling his brows.

Daniel knew his cousin was right but he wasn't going to admit it. Genevieve was as stubborn as a farm goat. It wasn't about the board this time, he could fire her if he wanted to- but he couldn't bring himself to. He was slowly enjoying her company something he fails to notice.

"Get her to sleep with you and get this over with man" Vincent advised but Daniel shook his head against it. Genevieve was a sweet girl and he wouldn't hurt her.

"You need to get laid man. I mean now. Look over there, she's gawking you. She's a hottie" Vincent smirked, raising his bottle of vodka, pointing to a lady in skimpy clothes, revealing her inner thigh at the far end of the bar club, she was batting her false eyelashes seductively at Daniel. Daniel nodded, Vincent was right, he needed to get Genevieve off his mind and to him, the lady would do just that.

Daniel harshly kissed the lady, taking her to a room in his hotel suite, she smiled, hurriedly aiming for his jacket and threw it on the floor, pushing him to the bed and hovering over him, Daniel peered at the lady. She was beautiful but not as Genevieve. Genevieve's angelic face immediately invaded his mind, drowning all thoughts of desire, lust and passion into Limpopo.

"I'm sorry, but I can't" he lightly pushed her off him, then dropped naira notes on the bed, he retrieved his jacket from the tiled ground, leaving the unknown lady in petrified stupidity.

Thanks for your previous comments and thank you for reading.

7 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2018
Mention me in ur next update pls

Pablo95 I just did.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2018
I Can Sincerly Picture This Story In A Movie I Did Watched Sometimes Back. If You've Watched Boys Before Flower, You Will Sabi What I'm Yanning! Iwrite Oya Gbera

donteanz no now..boys before flower is really different from this now. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Lizilicious(f): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2018
I'm not feeling well but my doctor says that if u post another chapter of this story before midnight I will get better...
As for the story, Im still mad at Genevieve for ditching Daniel..
And Daniel is now my favorite guy in the story, it's safe to say I'm crushing on the fictional Daniel

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by donteanz(m): 11:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Iwrite:

donteanz no now..boys before flower is really different from this now. Lmao
Of Course My Boss, I Was Just Tryin To Relate It To Something Similar I've Seen In The Past.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
lizilicious, I wish I could get it organised before then sad but seriously, you're not the only one fangirl-ing here. I am too, especially whilst reading and imagining. So cool.

donteanz, I get you now.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Ann2012(f): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
Well done Iwrite

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by aprilwise(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
Daniel has been caught in the web of love. nice one.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by oyinella(f): 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
cupids arrow just got daniel

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by donteanz(m): 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
Iwrite:
lizilicious, I wish I could get it organised before then sad but seriously, you're not the only one fangirl-ing here. I am too, especially whilst reading and imagining. So cool.

donteanz, I get you now.
Oga Iwrite, Abeg Make You Sama Us With Endless Update Based On Say Weekend Don Come, As For Those Of Us Wey Dey Usually Experience Boring Moments 4 Weekend. Na Beg I Dey Beg Ooo #OG Iwrite Abi Na #WF Iwrite Put Us On A Story Reading Diet #teamDaniel_coker

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by PraisesG(f): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Iwrite:
Mention me in ur next update pls

Pablo95 I just did.
Thumbs up,beautiful.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by akpota(m): 9:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for your update. I really love it. I would appreciate if you could even post the next chapters now.
I wouldnt mind If i could communicate you via whatsapp. My digit 07065039057.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Xeynab(f): 12:13am On Jun 30, 2018
Iwrite:
Thanks so much guys. This much recognition my story is getting is mind-blowing. hAlexandro, ADUKKY, akpota, pweetygiftofGod, marychommy, xeynab, lizilicious. I'm sorry the update is slow. It's still ongoing which means I write literally everyday to meet up. LeoFish92 no problem and thank u for viewing this post. Thanks y'all, your comments are my inspiration.

lizilicious, don't hate on our Genny now. She's just clouded with different feelings she couldn't decipher and seeing how persistent the stranger was, she gave in. Lol, that's just how I imagined it.
Thanks for the mention dear
Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2018
Chapter 9
Chapter title: in which she sees him again.

It was Saturday. Genevieve seemed to be the first person who got up from bed in the whole of Nigeria. She rushed to a bakery not far from her home. She paid a lot than usual to get the cake customized since there wasn't a birthday cake available. Of course it was just a cake, she couldn't possibly get two, since it cost so much.

She sneaked into her home and abandoned the cake in the fridge. It would be a morning surprise to her mum when she opens it. It was compensation for last night. Last night!

Genevieve struggled to sleep all through the night. Each time she tried to flutter her eyes shot, images of Daniel and the kiss scene replayed at the back of her head. It suddenly turned to her default setting.

She needed to talk to someone and that happens to be Kelvin Soya. Her childhood friend. He schooled at the university of Lagos, in his third year already, studying accounting while she- no where near school walls.

She stood awkwardly at the university's entrance not daring to go in. She was anti-social not shy but socially awkward. She gnawed on her nails vigorously like a wood pecker. A group of boys stood adjacent her, gawking her, not bothering to keep it low key. She prayed silently for Kelvin to come out. She informed kelvin on her arrival but there was no sign of him. She frowned as one of the boys approached her, then the other followed, until all of them were slowly making their way towards her.

Fortunately for her, Kelvin appeared like a Knight in shining armour, helping a damsel in distress. She heaved a sigh of relief as she briskly walked to Kelvin and away from the guys.

"I hate you" she glared at her best friend, making him pout.

"That's not the way to greet your boyfriend, my love" kelvin Soya grinned, engulfing Genevieve in a tight hug, permanently shooing the guys away. She smiled, acknowledging his intentions.

"I missed you Genny" he declared honestly.

"Me too" she replied solemnly, visibly relaxed under the comforting warmth of his embrace. Kelvin ears jerked up at the way she sounded. Genevieve wasn't anyone who reacted to things so easily. barely two months they saw each other but crying was uncalled for. He knew it wasn't just about missing him but something else, something huge.

"Come on, let's go eat. My treat" Kelvin offered whilst Genevieve nodded in agreement.

"So, any girlfriends lately? Genevieve inspected, wriggling her brows teasingly.

"sweetheart, you're the only one on my mind. I don't even mind, loving you" he joked, mimicking a famous Nigerian song.

"You wish" Genevieve laughed, hitting him on the chest.

Few seconds later. "I hate him" she whispered softly, if Kelvin wasn't paying attention he would have missed it.

"Who?" he looked puzzled.

"My boss" she replied coldly then, continuously shook her head "you know what? Forget I said anything" she sighed, scooping her ice cream. She visibly relaxed as the cold cream melted on her tongue, wanting every aspect of her life to be as sweet as the vanilla sundae.

"You know I hate it when you bring up an issue then abruptly refuse to tell me" Kelvin groaned unhappily.

"You wouldn't under-"

"Hey! It's something big, you came down here all of a sudden. So it's blindingly serious, Genevieve. I'm a great listener and you know it"

Genevieve sighed in defeat, he was her best friend after all and they made a pact never to hide secrets from each other. She explained vividly to Kelvin starting from the bargain to yesterday's event, skipping no part.

"Honestly, no bachelor in their right senses would work with you without being attracted. Do you know how many times I had to do cold showers" Kelvin laughed. He wasn't as attracted to her as before. He was previously like a lost puppy, following the first human it encountered.

Genevieve rolled out her eyes "he isn't attracted to me Kelvin-"

"I am"

"Kelvin, be serious. I came all the way for an advice"

"So you came just for an advice not because you missed me. Oh, I feel loved" he said sarcastically.

"Kelvin!!"

"Geez!" He glanced around the garden, wondering if anyone heard her scream but negative. "Why would he kiss you if he weren't attracted?"

"I honestly don't know, Kev"

"Now the question here is. Are you?"

Genevieve thought for a second. Her boss looked like an Abercrombie model. She knew that. But like was out of the question, she couldn't possibly fall for a demon in office clothes. To hell with the good looks.

"Eew no. He's terrifying, heartless, evil, mean, arrogant, a spoiled brat-"

"Your eyes are twinkling even when you're being bitchy" Kelvin sounded surprised as he gave her a mischievous glare.

"You don't know what you're talking about. I hate him" she uttered through clenched teeth.

"So the kiss?"

She furrowed her brows and slowly asked "what about the kiss?"

"How did it make you feel?" a grin chugged on his face.

"I don't know, when did you turn into a love expert?"

"The minute you came here for an advice" he declared triumphantly, giving her a subtle bow.

"Good answer. I don't like him okay? and never will"

"I give you two weeks to fall for him, wanna bet?"

"It's so on" she clasped his palm as they made the bet.

Genevieve arrived at her home, happy that the discussion with Kelvin was finally over.

"Pttf, like my foot" she hissed, slowly hitting at the door. Her little brother. Joel, came running to her, she lifted him up, pecking his lips briefly.

"Welcome, Aunty Genevieve, now you get the bear hug" Joel smiled, embracing her in a bone crushing hug. She wrinkled her forehead. The only reason Joel would wanna give her a bear hug. Was if she got two cakes.

"glad you liked it"

"The chocolate cake tasted so great!" He yelled happily.

She stifled, chocolate cake? But She got a vanilla. Did the lady wrap up two different flavours? But she carried it herself.

"What do you mean chocolate?"

"You're so forgetful Aunty Genevieve. A lady came to deliver the second one right after mum found the first laying in the fridge. They are right on the dining table"

She walked, still carrying Joel and proceeded to the dinning table since it was close to the entrance.

She gasped slightly, seeing two boxes of cake. She stared at the unfamiliar chocolate cake, already half eaten. she noticed a fluorescent lavender note stuck to the side, which read 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU'

She grinned broadly when she noticed a logo on it, it was the Cokers' logo. A crown. She knew It was from Daniel, why would he send her a cake? She wondered. So he did have a conscience after all. She nodded, pinching an edible part and bringing it to her lips. It was sweet, just like his...

"Ahh, I totally forgot" Joel frowned, hitting his head. Genevieve studied her brother.

"What is it Joel?"

"Come closer" Joel whispered, urging her to move forward with his tiny fingers, she succumbed to his order.

"I mean real close" he whispered again, pursing his lips. She rolled her eyes, almost now shoving her face in his.

"Come on, Aunty Genevieve. Closer" he nagged, Genevieve sighed. His lips now in her ears. As he let out air, it fanned her ears, making her giggle.

"A man is in there, shh" Joel said slowly into Genevieve's ear and she fleeted back, her knees shaky. She hurriedly put Joel down, afraid her legs might surrender, making the two of them fall harshly on the bluish-green carpet. All the colours seemed to have drained from her skin, with her eyes wide. She slowing marched to the sitting room. Genevieve Miller gasped, seeing a man in a black tuxedo, seated on the couch. Her hands shook as she approached him.

Was it Daniel?

A/n Daniel huh? Any guesses who the tuxedo man is?

3 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by aprilwise(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2018
Daniel of a guy is a geek. ride on to the next episode. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Opeade939(f): 10:57am On Jun 30, 2018
This is suspense na

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by ADUKKY(f): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2018
Next episode please, this suspense too much biko

2 Likes

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Emekuswilson(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
I guess it's Daniel. I can see the arrow of love from cupid(the god of love) in Daniel's heart... Iwrite u're good, pls ride on

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Gettreadyy(m): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
fire on...

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Mrmoore14(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gabriel I guess!!.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Silver1996(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gabriel

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by skubido(m): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gabriel

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by donteanz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
My Bahd, Honestly I Was Taking The Op For A He. Apologies.

Aunty Pls Don't Come And Be Giving The Gabriel Of A Character One Yeye Hope On Gen. It Is Strictly #team_daniel_coker

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by akpota(m): 12:22am On Jul 01, 2018
Happy New Month Iwrite. You are really making my day interesting with the story. Please upload the rest chapters.
Please can we talk via whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by akpota(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Please abeg update the story. I find myself checking back frequently to check for an update.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by izaray(f): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
Nice story, more update pls

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Bluehaven(m): 8:31am On Jul 02, 2018
4 days ago...
Since JUNE 28 was your last update Iwrite.
My eyes is itching all around and that can only subside when my eyes is watery with your updates.

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Xeynab(f): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2018
Nice story...pls update naa

1 Like

Re: The Devil In The Suit by Iwrite(f): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2018
Chapter 10
Chapter title: in which she sees him again 2

Was it Daniel?
The man whirled around, making her breath hitch. Then her racing heart relaxed. She heaved a sigh of relief but a tinge of disappointment billowed through her instead.

"You look a little disappointed to see me, were you expecting someone else?" Gabriel inquired, searching her sombre eyes. She shook her head, strolling towards him.

"No, no. I'm a little shocked to see you Gabriel. What are you doing here?" she asked, trying to make her voice as welcoming as possible.

"Well, I thought I should pay you a visit. Or is this a wrong time?"

"No, no. It's fine" she smiled.

"Good, I like fine" his eyes glittered as he chuckled.

"But how did you get here? I don't remember letting you in yesterday"

"Well-" he scratched his dark hair awkwardly "-I wanted to pay you a visit like I said, I didn't actually know your house but I saw your sister at the end of your street. You guys look so much alike, I must add. It wasn't hard figuring you were related. So, I followed her here" he explained. Michelle was her doppelganger in real life. The only difference was that Genevieve was the mature one both in facials and figure.

"Fair enough" she nodded in confirmation.

"Er. Well you see, it's still bright outside and I wanted us to. Hmm, you know- take you to a new restaurant down town. So, What do you say?" He peered at her, anxiously waiting for an answer.

Genevieve blinked, was he asking her on a date?

"Yeah, let's go with that" Gabriel laughed nervously, making Genevieve realise that she said it out loud. She blushed, answering "would love to"

She had the right to have fun and she was going to stop acting like a caveman. Gabriel was a nice guy even if she knew him barely a day. She knew he couldn't possibly hurt her. This was her first ever date. She was courted by many guys but didn't believe in the whole 'teenage romance' and always declined the advances, but this time, it was different. She was curious to be in one.

"Wait here, I need to go change" she pointed to the couch then weaved her way to her room.

Genevieve stared at her impeccable reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a summer dress which had a grey stripe design and folded Bardot neckline with rib off shoulder. It clung to her waist and stopped just above her knees which fits her like a second skin, just perfectly well- like it was made just for. She wasn't one who handled brushes, but she did her best, adding just the black eyeliner and mascara, she finished it off with a red lipstick which stood out the most and complemented her caramel skin. Her braids parked in a high ponytail, giving her neck and face quite the view. She frowned at her exposed neck then decided to add her silver interlink circle choker. She got in her silver pumps pairing it with a silver clutch. She laughed, taking silly self pics and exhaled walking to the sitting room, she fiddled with her clutch, feeling nervous suddenly.

Gabriel stood up "finally you-"

He was cut short by his own abrupt silence. His eyes danced around Genevieve, the dress, her face, her endless legs then her face again. It looked like his eyes were about to bulge out of it's sockets, drinking the beauty standing in front of him.

"Shall we" she offered, breaking the awkward silence.

"Er, yes" he took her hand.

"Mich, I'll be home soon" she yelled as Gabriel led her to his car.

Gabriel killed the engine. He jogged over to the passenger's side to open the car door for Genevieve. What a gentleman! She smiled, getting out. He offered his palm, she nodded dropping hers in his. With their entwined fingers. They sauntered straight to a big building with the words 'Take a seat' blazoned across it. Genevieve gasped, staring at the five star restaurant. She had been to different exquisite restaurants but this was the top notch.

They halted at the entrance, Gabriel speaking to the hostess while she glanced around, eyes feasting on the top priced restaurant. A concierge came up and directed them to their table which was located at the far end of the room close to huge bay windows.

He pulled out a chair for her, waiting for her to get seated until he resumed his. She smiled in gratitude. A waiter came up, handing them their menus, the young waiter smiled, saying "I'll be back shortly"

Genevieve stared at the menu, eyes dancing in mirth, she was always indecisive when it comes to food.

"So what do you want?" Gabriel turned to Genevieve.

"Surprise me"

He chuckled just as the waiter came to take their orders.

"So, while we wait, let's get to know each other better, ask me anything you want to know about me"

"Okay-" she stared at the fine young man. "-what do you do?" She inquired, crossing her legs.

"I'm a surgeon" he replied, staring directly in her eyes to see it widen in amazement.

"It's so nice" then she cringed "-but with the whole blood and needles I could barely last a minute in there" she gagged, not remembering the last time she went to the hospital or took shots.

"Hmm, that's my specialty. Treating and helping people" he chuckled at Genevieve's distaste.

"That explains why you came to my aid yesterday"

"Yeah, maybe more" he laughed, making Genevieve furrow her brow. He coughed, rushing the words "what do you do?"

"Well, I work for Coker Enterprise"

"As what?"

She thought if she should tell him, but what was the harm in that?

"Well, the CEO's Personal Assistant"

"That's nice"

Hell if you ask me. She whispered silently to herself.

The waiter came in afterwords, bringing their food. She smiled ingratitude and Gabriel released a thank you. She waited patiently for Gabriel to resume his before she did. She tore her gaze from the besotted look of her date, long enough to glance around. She suddenly froze, eyes wide as Mercy Johnson's bosoms, mouth falling open in dismay, releasing a soft gasp.

Daniel rolled his eyes at the lame commentaries Jenny, his date was making. She was staring at the menu, giggling all the way.
'Take a seat' was one of the restaurants his company owned but his younger brother. Martins, managed it. Martins needed responsibility before taking over some of the businesses in the words of their father. Daniel looked at the hot Nigerian model, she pouted staring at one of the local dishes, then shook her head. Daniel looked like he would be anywhere but there. His eyes wandered around like he was searching for a specific human. A woman gained his interest, she was even staring. she looked familiar.

Genevieve! It dawned on him. He blinked twice, thinking he was hallucinating but she didn't erode. He met her eyes, capturing it like it's his own. He lips rose into a lop-sided smile as her eyes widened in shock. It felt like the world suddenly came to a halt, comprising of just the two of them. An unidentified intensiveness surged through his entire body. Her face flawless, the dress would look better it it were on the flood of his room. He thought. He was surprised at how beautiful she turned out to be. Then his gaze fell to an intruder seated beside her, oblivious to the tension. He turned away quickly as a flare of possessiveness flared in him.

Genevieve's hands shook as she finally averted her eyes from his. Suddenly feeling naked under his hard gaze. All giddiness she hoped for the night swallowed by the Big Fish all because of Daniel Coker. What is he doing here? She wondered. Her nonplussed look turned into an icy cold glare when she looked up, seeing him wear a smirk. She scoffed, facing Gabriel who had a worried expression drawn across his face. She felt guilty for letting Daniel get to her.

"Are you alright? We could order something else"

"Please no" she forced out a weak smile. "It's perfect"

Nothing was going to spoil her night. Gabriel nodded eyeing her skeptically.

She couldn't help but stare at Daniel, he was still watching her with a look she couldn't decipher. She shivered under her skin, making Gabriel clasp her left palm and she smiled. She risked a glance at Daniel again, he wasn't staring at her anymore. He was kissing his date silly, shoving his face in hers.

"Are you sure you are alright? We could do this some other time" Gabriel said, shifting his gaze to the cloying PDA of the couple adjacent them.

"No, please no. I just need to- I need to cool off" she managed to say, getting up and heading to the restroom even if she didn't exactly know where it was, leaving a puzzled Gabriel behind.

Daniel abruptly released his lips from Jenny making her whine. He thought kissing Jenny would be a distraction but it wasn't. Jenny was shocked at first when he did but she returned it nevertheless. He looked out the window, he couldn't think straight. Seeing Genevieve added to his distress. How her soft lips felt so warm against his, her taste. Damn! She tasted so good. He shouldn't be giddy for his PA, he definitely shouldn't be, but who was the guy with her? He asked himself. Was it the same man from yesterday? He groaned internally. Her love life was none of his business. He should stay out of it. He thought. Yesterday's kiss was only a mistake. No repetition, done, buried, disposed. Trashed.

Genevieve finally got to the ladies' room after few directions from people. She sighed, staring at her pale reflection in the mirror. She turned on the tap, sprinkling cold water on her face then took a handkerchief from her clutch and dabbed her face dry.

Inhale the positive

Exhale the negative.

She repeated then walked out, moving slowly to her seat but her eyes grew wide as she saw Daniel and her date laughing hysterically.

A/n I'm deeply sorry for the wait guys. Been really busy but I'm back now with the updates. Thanks for your lovely comments and thanks again for still sticking with this story. I appreciate a lot.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Witches And Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.