Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Our Parents: Kindness To Them - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Our Parents: Kindness To Them (2953 Views)

Kindness To Animal In Islam / Kindness To Children / Our Parents: How Islam Places Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Parents: Kindness To Them by Lukgaf(m): 8:26am On Jun 22, 2018
The first part of the topics has been discussed and can be found here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4547512/parents-how-islam-places

*Kindness to Parents Continue after they have Died

As for after the parents have died, the child can do many things, such as the following:

1. Paying off the debt for them. My Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The soul of the believer is suspended because of his debt until it is paid off.” al-Tirmidhi (1078). Al-Mubaarakfoori said in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi (4/164): The words “the soul of the believer is suspended” – al-Suyooti said: i.e., it is detained and kept from reaching its noble destination.

2. Rich child whose parent had not performed Hajj may perform Hajj and Umrah in their behalf, or pay for someone else who has performed hajj before to perform Hajj on their behalf. Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315, Muslim no. 1149

3. Asking for forgiveness for them and pray for mercy for them. Q17:24. Shaykh Ibn Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: this means, pray for mercy for them, when they are alive and after they die. Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 524. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man may be raised in status in Paradise and will say, where did this come from? And it will be said: From your son’s praying for forgiveness for you.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 3660; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 1617. Tirmidhi, no 1376

4. Obligatory fasts missed by dead persons may be done on their behalf by their close relatives. The fasts may be from Ramadhan or from oaths (Nadhr). Muslim no. 1149

5. Charity (not gift) may be given in their behalf. Bukhaari, Fath, 1388, Bukhaari, Fath, 2756. Please read more here: http://fiqhclass.org/index.php/2017/05/30/fiqhul-janazah-understanding-islamic-funeral-arrangements-concluding-part/

6. It is also Sunnah to honor them by maintaining ties with those whom our parent used to keep in touch with, such as relatives and friends. Muslim, 2552

Dangers of Disobeying Parent

An-Nasaa’i (2562) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are three whom Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will not look at on the Day of Resurrection: the one who disobeys his parents, the woman who acts in a masculine manner, and the cuckold. And there are three who will not enter Paradise: the one who disobeys his parents, the one who is addicted to alcohol, and the one who reminds people of what he has given to them.”Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh an-Nasaa’i

At-Tirmidhi (1905) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are three supplications that will undoubtedly be answered: the supplication of one who is wronged, the supplication of the traveler and the supplication of a parent against his child.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi. Ahmad (24299) Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Targheeb, 2515

http://fiqhclass.org/index.php/2018/05/31/my-parent-my-parent-bless-my-parentoh-allaah-3-of-4/

Oh Allaah! Bless our parents, forgive them, have mercy on them, unite us in Aljannah…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Parents: Kindness To Them by sureheaven(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2018
Ftc
Re: Our Parents: Kindness To Them by Hedriz(m): 11:28am On Jun 22, 2018
Amin
Re: Our Parents: Kindness To Them by akanbiaa(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
We all know the importance of parents especially mothers but what is the Islamic ruling on a Father who have the means but out of greed, miserliness and self centeredness fails to be responsible to his family by providing for them the basics and also lies alot, tries to block wife or children from achieving anything good, always threatening to curse children when they are about to leave him to pursue greener pasture since he refused to pay them for their services rendered in his factory and has not adhered to Islamic Scholars advice on being just.
Re: Our Parents: Kindness To Them by Dreydoe(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2018
Salam alaykum.

At times when I think deeply about myself & situation... I get really low, as in low in all aspect... Wish I could turn back the hand of time.. Keepn strong sha

(1) (Reply)

Sending 'SALAT/SALAM' On The Prophet's Family: Bid'ah Or Sunnah? / "Al-hakemah" In Quran As A Case For Hadith/sunnah Advocacy: BIGER BOY. Et Al. / A Hadith About Gratitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.