Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Kindness To Animal In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kindness To Animal In Islam (6532 Views)

Slaughtering Animal Upon Constructing A New House / Kindness To Children / Our Parents: Kindness To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindness To Animal In Islam by Realismailakabir: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2020
And We have sent you O Muhammad not but as a mercy for all of humankind, jinn, and all that exists.”  (Quran 21:107) 

Being kind to animals is very important in Islam. We see people hurting animals and being mean to them. We are told to be so merciful to them even to the extent that when slaughtering an animal, we cannot let another animal see the one being slaughtered. The blade must be so sharp that the animal will not feel pain when it is slaughtered.

He should not slaughter it with a tool or cause pain to it as he is slaughtering it. Also he should not slaughter it in front of another, because this is torture. (Sunan Abi Dawood, 14/212 )

In Islam, we are not allowed to put permanent tags or piercings on animals. We see tags and strings hanging from the ears of cattle and other animals. This is not allowed in our religion. Sometimes, you may even see cats that are tipped (the tip of their left ears are cut off to indicate whether a feral cat is neutered or not). This hadith may help us better understand this:

“Has it not reached you people, that I have cursed those who brand animals on their faces, or strike them on their faces? So he prohibited that.” (Abu Dawud 2564).

From the above hadith, we also see that we should not strike or hit the faces of animals. Animals are still living things that can feel and understand. If animals fail to obey guidelines, some owners will punish them by either hitting or whipping the creature. If we think about it, we constantly disobey Allah (SWT) and His guidelines, yet Allah does not do anything to hurt us for it, rather he waits for us to understand and keeps sending us signs. We should show patience to our animals as they help us and work for us, they comfort us and love us.

We should not torture or be violent towards animals as they have feelings too.

“A woman was punished because of a cat which she imprisoned until it died, and she entered Hell because of that. She did not feed it or give it water when she imprisoned it, and she did not let it eat from the vermin of the earth.” (Muslim 2242).

In this narration, we can see the cruelty and brutality of this woman. Even though this seems like a very rare case, there are lots of people that treat their pets and animals like this. As per this Hadith, we see that this is a punishable act and nobody should ever even think of doing anything close to that.

In one circumstance it is allowed to kill an animal, for food purposes. There are some animals that Muslims are allowed to consume, such as cows and chickens. Though, there are guidelines. If a person kills any animal out of vain, they will be punished for it.

“If someone kills a sparrow for sport, the sparrow will cry out on the Day of Judgment, “O Lord!  That person killed me in vain!  He did not kill me for any useful purpose.” (an Nasai)

“Do not take any living being as a target.”(Muslim 1957).

As we all know, animals feel pain and they are also in submission to Allah at all times. This hadith may help us better understand this:

“We were on a journey and during the Prophet’s absence, we saw a bird with its two chicks; we took them. The mother bird was circling above us in the air, beating its wings in grief. When Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) returned he said, “Who has distressed this bird by taking it’s chicks?  Return them to her.” (Abu Dawud and authenticated by Al-Albani)

Anybody who is kind to animals will be rewarded:

“A man felt very thirsty while he was on the way, there he came across a well. He went down the well, quenched his thirst and came out. Meanwhile he saw a dog panting and licking mud because of excessive thirst. He said to himself, ‘This dog is suffering from thirst as I did.’ So, he went down the well again and filled his shoe with water and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for that deed and forgave him. The people said: “O Allah’s Messenger! Is there a reward for us in serving the animals?” He replied: “Yes, there is a reward for serving any animate (living being).” (Al-Bukhari 2466).

Islam is a way of life that covers all aspects of humanity and how to live a good life. If we are kind to animals and treat them in a fair and just way, Allah will reward us and treat us in the same manner. It is not good to pick on something that cannot defend itself or speak to stop us. It cannot explain it’s feelings or pain. Allah has made us a Khalifah (leader) on this earth and we should fulfill this role in a dignified and appropriate way. It does not look good on man to have such an ego as to bring pain and suffering on beings that are weaker and defenceless. We will be held to account, so we should be very careful, Insha’Allah.

https://childrenoftheummah.com/ivanna-imran/kindness-to-animals/

10 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Realismailakabir: 12:21am On Dec 18, 2020
Don't kill any living thing that can't harm you in any way! be nice to even the smallest insects in your room if it doesn't harm or disturb your peace. This is Sunnah! this is Islam!

14 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Coochyking: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2020
alhamdudilah cheesy

But muslim and their people boko haram and co can slaughter human in front of his family and also video it quite wonderful cheesy very wonderfulcheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by advocatejare(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2020
What crime did dogs commit against Muhammad before he ordered them to killed

Narrated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar
Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed
-Sahih Bukhari 4:54:540

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Mekudi: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2020
The jihad people grin

20 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by marvin906(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2020
Be kind to your people and stop blowing them up

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Realismailakabir: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2020
you are a derailer! nobody take you serious
advocatejare:
What crime did dogs commit against Muhammad before he ordered them to killed

Narrated By 'Abdullah bin 'Umar
Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed
-Sahih Bukhari 4:54:540

7 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Plut01: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2020

Be kind to pigs and dog also.

For indeed, they are Allah creatureswink

15 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by advocatejare(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2020
Realismailakabir:
you are a derailer! nobody take you serious
Answer a simple question. Why was Muhammad cruel to dogs?

23 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Badadvisor: 9:58am On Dec 18, 2020
Be kind to underage girls also

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Techreliance(m): 9:58am On Dec 18, 2020
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon our noble prophet Muhammad. JazaakAllahu kair brother.

4 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by sunshineV(f): 9:59am On Dec 18, 2020
advocatejare:

because muhammed (S.A.W) is a bloody hypocrite

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by kingmurainah(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Plut01:

Be kind to pigs and dog also.

For indeed, they are Allah creatureswink

It shows you didn’t even read the post cheesy
Op said you have to be kind towards all animal and even give an example of a man who saved a Dying dog by giving it water

6 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Techreliance(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Why shouldn't you go ask your ancestors you this whoreson

1 Like

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Plut01: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2020
kingmurainah:

It shows you didn’t even read the post cheesy
Op said you have to be kind towards all animal and even give an example of a man who saved a Dying dog by giving it water

I read everything there.
Saying is one thing, doing is another.

When are you people going to stop your eternal hatred toward pigs?

16 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2020
Lols. It's odd to mention Sharia (lying at the heart of Islam) and kindness in the same sentence.

Even many Muslims in the Southwest that I know find Sharia laws barbaric and anti-human.

The most religious people are often the greatest hypocrites.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by IslamIsCursed: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2020
Islam and animals any difference ❓

15 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by advocatejare(m): 10:07am On Dec 18, 2020
Techreliance:

[s]Why shouldn't you go ask your ancestors you this whoreson[/s]
Only ignorant people display their anger when asked a simple question. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 18, 2020
hmm
Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Akinbahm(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2020
Coochyking:
alhamdudilah cheesy

But muslim and their people boko haram and co can slaughter human in front of his family and also video it quite wonderful cheesy very wonderfulcheesy

What's you peoples problem biko come out clean is it North people, Boko haram or Islam you have ish with let us dialogue.

Stop this puerile behavior of constituting nonsense all in the name of getting anonymous likes.

2 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by donbenz(m): 10:20am On Dec 18, 2020
Islam is a way of life that covers all aspects of humanity and how to live a good life. smiley smiley

6 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Amspecial: 10:27am On Dec 18, 2020
grin
Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Charleys: 10:31am On Dec 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Only ignorant people display their anger when asked a simple question. grin

Bro any day they ban you, which I know they will. When you create a new account Just message me make I follow you again.

5 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by rowland545(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2020
R u kind to dogs and pigs?

What did they do to offend u

6 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Daddycharger: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2020
Kindness to your neighbors
Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by advocatejare(m): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2020
Charleys:

Bro any day they ban you, which I know they will. When you create a new account Just message me make I follow you again.
Thank you.

The reason they've not been able to ban me is because I reference what I write and they are from their own authentic books, they are verifiable facts.

I know they are very pained by my exposé.

But the truth as come to stay. The truth has caught up with lies of 1400 years

11 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Charleys: 10:58am On Dec 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Thank you.

The reason they've not been able to ban me is because I reference what I write and they are from their own authentic books, they are verifiable facts.

I know they are very pained by my exposé.

But the truth as come to stay. The truth has caught up with lies of 1400 years

Lolz, and the worst part is that the truth is from their own source. grin

But they can still do it because they may not want other Muslims to know the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Usmyne(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2020
Be guided, that act is not islamical my friend. Islam enjoin beautiful teachings among which is what the poster highlighted above. It isn't a fair play to generalize all acts committed by the follower of a particular belief as teachings of the religion. You will benefit nothing by falsely saying anything against Islam.
Coochyking:
alhamdudilah cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 18, 2020
Kindness for animal because you are advised to drink their urine.
How about kindness for human being from jihadists.
I see where buhari cow brain is coming from

1 Like

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Usmyne(m): 11:07am On Dec 18, 2020
You have no proof for that. Read the post again, saving a dog fetched rewards to the doer. I am sure you have some other motives behind this.
advocatejare:

2 Likes

Re: Kindness To Animal In Islam by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 18, 2020
Akinbahm:

What's you peoples problem biko come out clean is it North people, Boko haram or Islam you have ish with let us dialogue.

Stop this puerile behavior of constituting nonsense all in the name of getting anonymous likes.
Islam Boko Haram North are all the same interchangeable word

Just like buhari buratai, shekau are all jihadists islamist northern terrorists

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1k Per Person Per Day In The Holy Month Of Ramadan / Missed Fasts From Ramadaan First Or The Six Days Of Shawwaal? / How A Western Muslim Left Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.