Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match (3843 Views)

Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 / Suicide bombers Die In Failed Plot At Super Eagles Match In Ethiopia / Lessons Learnt From Super Eagles Match Against Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2007
razzor lol, i just hope eagles play well on saturday dou.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2007
by the way , nice pic razzor!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 11:40am On Mar 23, 2007
viee:

razzor lol, i just hope eagles play well on saturday dou.

I'm not looking forward to that. I'll like to see what Berti Vogts has got to offer though.

viee:

by the way , nice pic razzor!

Thanks Sweety. . . kiss
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by nikynike(f): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2007
All the sources of human happiness in this country have been taken away by so called leaders.
Its painful.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by stiyke(m): 11:57am On Mar 23, 2007
Sometimes one cant help to wonder about this country. Why are we so different?? why do things always work in reverse direction??

Big shame to Naija. And the worst is that the PDP is insulting nigerians by promising us uninterrupted power if voted for office. When they wasted our 8 YEARs.
But true nothing we hear surprises us anymore. i think i have heard everything possible and impossible in nigeria, so its not surprising.

I believe there will be trouble in that city following the match. and i blame PHCN and the stadium administrators for it.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2007
im not so sure we can measure wot vogts has to offer by this game.he has so many xcuses at his disposal, if he wins; it is a promise of gud tins to come.
if he loses; the time for the preparation was jus too short!beta things await us!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
besides the stadium may b too dark for the guys 2 do d right too thanks to NEPA of course, talk abt xcuses!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by akara(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2007
grin

they must appoinr independent inspectors from Nairaland to monitor the exercise for the duration of the game.

grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by youngies(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2007
Power outage during public activities is part of PDP manifesto, it neither shames nor bothers them. For intance:

1. Opening ceremony of Nigeria '99 U 17 World Cup. 15 mins delay (OBJ was there at National stadium, Abuja)
2. PDP Presidential Primaries in Eagle Sqaure, Abuja. They used car headlights for 50 mins  (again OBJ was present)
3. All Afriacn Games, COJA, 2003
3. The "President Explains" media program at FRCN (OBJ was also presiding)
4. etc
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by coli: 4:33pm On Mar 23, 2007
My brothers I tire. I no fit shout. Shame too much. E dey pain me 2 much for dis country. embarassed
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by deb(m): 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2007
grin grin grin Abeokuta residents shouldn't bother switching off their aplliances

I just heard a report on my radio that NFA has made plans to use PHCN as standby grin

My God this is hilarious! grin PHCN as standby - Generator now the main source of power supply grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by BlackMamba(m): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2007
Appealing to bloody citizens? Maybe democracy is beginning to take effect in Naija. NEPA would've employed their usual hack job mentality and shut down power in the rest of the state to power the stadium.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by slimghost(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2007
@DEB
U go kill person ooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by slimghost(m): 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2007
@DEB
U go kill person ooooooooo  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
This report is false,

preparations have been made by the MKO Stadium managers/administrators for over 2 weeks now to use their generators for the game. these have been tested and are in excellent working condition. there will be power in the stadium for the game.

PHCN/NEPA will not be the source power supply for the game - the generators have been used nightly for the closed-door Eagles training to power the floodlights and has worked perfectly. lay the blame on PHCN, the stadium managers/Ogun state govt has provided everything needed for successful hosting of the game.
Any PHCN advisory is to ensure that people can watch the game in their homes, its not connected to supplying power to the stadium.

as an aside, the power supply issue is a complex one, and despite the good intentions of Obj/government, the attempts to improve power have been frustrated by numerous incidents such as pipeline vandalisation and incompetence of certain auxilliary service providers to PHCN such as the NGC, as well as an underestimation of the scale of the problem.
With the projects currently being undertaken, I strongly believe in the next 3-4months some visible improvement will occur, and by years end even more improvement will occur.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Razorr(f): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
Heaves a sigh of relief. . .
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2007
Na wa o. . . no light in my beloved town! NEPA take your time o.

Hey Razorr, you look cute. Got YIM?
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by debosky(m): 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2007
pastor david stop toasting and go and repair the transformer you vandalised in Abeokuta grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2007
Sharrap!! grin grin grin You've had your chances.

My poor town, when i was there NEPA was reliable o.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2007
debosky: preparations have been made by the MKO Stadium managers/administrators for over 2 weeks now to use their generators for the game. these have been tested and are in excellent working condition. there will be power in the stadium for the game.
I heard it on TV, so how can it be false? Are you the NFA or PHCN chairman?
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 9ja4eva: 6:01pm On Mar 23, 2007
Hmm i read on some site dt dey fixed the Generator @ d stadium and bla.Well we neva can tell oh since u heard it on d news.Wow na wa oh grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by debosky(m): 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ Seun

NFA is incompetent, the Ogun State government is the one hosting the game, PHCN power supply will not be relied on

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sports/article01/230307
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by bidex(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
wonders never end in Nigeria,    shocked angry lipsrsealed cry well, fela has said it years back; its just that we fail to understand what he's saying,  Na Craze Talk be dat oo and its really craze talk to beg people to switch off appliances during a football match,  so they expect ppl to switch off their TVs and Radios how then will they watch the match? oh maybe they will sit in front of their house and watch how the players played in the sky abi?i think this is another Animal talk      but to be factual we people are wasting the electricity as well,  i can imagine somone has 6 to 7 electrical bulbs in a room apartment and all will be switched on at the same time, i still can imagine how on earth will someone listen to multiple media at the same time,  TV, Radio,video player, DvD player and deck. is this not craziness? how i wish they have a card meter installed in their house they will know how to conserve their resources. but nepa or phcn dont need such rubbish or animal talks at all,  they need to learn how to approach their problems,
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by 4Play(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2007
davidylan:

My poor town, when i was there NEPA was reliable o.

As you comot,NEPA come dey unreliable,which shows you have something to do with it grin

Seun:

I heard it on TV, so how can it be false? Are you the NFA or PHCN chairman?

He is part of a Generator importing mafia  grin He does not want Abeokuta residents to switch off their lights so that electrical problems will arise creating business for him
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by debosky(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ 4play I imported the generator for the MKO stadium so I know what I'm talking about, infact my company generates more power than PHCN with the number of generators we own grin grin

david vandalised the transformers in Ab, na wetin him use buy ticket to go yankee be dat grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2007
grin grin grin u guys no go kill person!

NEPA must have gotten wind of my absence from town and chosen to go into exile.
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by kitaun(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
Lmao @Debosky and Davidylan. . . .no be the things wey una take do una visa runs be dat? tongue

This reminds me of Chief Jim Nwobodo. . .who remembers how hin carry generator from National STADIUM GO TAKE DO HIN MAMA BURIAL? grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Pamperme: 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2007
funny though, but i read in the papers Yesterday when the commisioner for sport (Olopade or something) said they have stand by generator and fuel ready to last till the end of the match. angry
Am sure OGD will not wont to lose the next election, he will provide Standby Gen and fuel even if it is at the expense of tax-payers. grin grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2007
@pamperme, hi luv, i think i know u from somewhere. grin
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by viee(f): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2007
but guyz, anyone wanna predict tomorrows game? new coach and all that, think we can do beta dan Ghana game?
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by Seun(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2007
Let's create a new thread for that purpose. Thanks!
Re: PHCN Begs Abeokuta Residents To Switch Off Appliances During Eagles Match by debosky(m): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
Seun will you go to the game? please record it and upload it for us to watch. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mega Odds Tickets With Possibilities Of Mega Cash Returns / Oympics 2012 Pics of Nigerian Heritage Athletes Representing The U.K / Download Video: France Vs Croatia 4-2 World Cup Final Goals And Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.