Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus (30193 Views)

PLEASE WHICH SCHOOL DID THIS GUY GRADUATE FROM? / Which Primary & Secondary School Did You Attend ? / Four UNN Students That Made First Class At The Nigerian Law School. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by denigma2(m): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
For you to have expected insults shows that your innersoul knows that you wrote rubbish. Can't you be tolerant of other peoples ideals. Did they complain to you about any discomfort? It would be better if we mind our businesses
ChiefAzubuike1:
This hijab of a thing should be banned entirely. Bet I know that's impossie because the cabals are winning in their quest to islamatize zoogeria. Most especially those that will still wear black mask with it. Some of them will come for biometrics, how do you espect people to know who they're dealing with?

How do you even comfortably live a life where know one knows who you are nor your identity nor what you look like.

I know 90% of the people that will Insult me are Muslims.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Unluckrees(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
Tunisia av since banned dis hijab stuff in dia Country and dey seem to be doing fine.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by drlateef: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:
This hijab of a thing should be banned entirely. Bet I know that's impossie because the cabals are winning in their quest to islamatize zoogeria. Most especially those that will still wear black mask with it. Some of them will come for biometrics, how do you espect people to know who they're dealing with?

How do you even comfortably live a life where know one knows who you are nor your identity nor what you look like.

You are a Christian, that's why you spew out the nonsense. Even the virgin Mary wears hijab, it's stated clearly in your Bible. The fact that you don't practice what's written in your Bible should not blind your consciousness that others must be allowed to practice their religion as its written down for them. The wife of King James (of popular King James version of Bible) of Scotland wore far better hijab than most Muslim women of nowadays. Get some sense and borrow some brain if you have none.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by VERDA: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
thenny312:
I'm not a Muslim but if a woman wants to cover her head for some type of reason, let her!
#LiveAndLetLive
There's freedom of religion
And my religious beliefs are not better than anybodys!
Can a traditionalist decide to wear his regalia along side his law robe to the court?,we must recognize that every profession has it's code of conduct and stick to them.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
drlateef:

You are a Christian, that's why you spew out the nonsense. Even the virgin Mary wears hijab, it's stated clearly in your Bible. The fact that you don't practice what's written in your Bible should not blind your consciousness that others must be allowed to practice their religion as its written down for them. The wife of King James (of popular King James version of Bible) of Scotland wore far better hijab than most Muslim women of nowadays. Get some sense and borrow some brain if you have none.
Lateef, aren't you going for jimoh today? Please don't carry bomb along o.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by hassinho707(m): 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
I will not insult you. Just just want to let you know that a section of the Nigerian constitution says anybody is free to practice whichever religion he/she likes.....You cant tell me not to follow the doctrine of my religion just as i would not antagonize you from doing the same...maybe you no even believe in anything grin grin
ChiefAzubuike1:

Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by bobaydavid(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
In as much as i wouldn't want to Condemn hijab wearing though it has contributed negetively to the Atrocities perpetuated by terrorists and suicide bombers. For the Committed and dedicated Muslims that sees it as a way of fulfilling there religious rites should be considered and given a fair Consideration.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by basic23111: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Does the hijab or hair cover, make her a more efficient, more effective or a more intelligent lawyer? Just asking.
that is her identity as a Muslim. she feels more comfortably
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
thenny312:
I'm not a Muslim but if a woman wants to cover her head for some type of reason, let her!
#LiveAndLetLive
There's freedom of religion
And my religious beliefs are not better than anybodys!
Covering of your hair wasn't only done in Islam but Christianity, also... we Christians don't have an issue with this, but the main issue is what the Islamic sect of terrorism do so with it to cause mayhem and destruction... If you were in that stance what would you do?
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by tiredoflife(m): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
objobj:

why must you know what they look like?

I have a neighbor who goes to work at dawn and return in the night. unless i heard their voices i don't know them by look. so how does this concern me?

Is ur neighbor covered
What do u mean why must I know how they look it
So it shouldn't bother me that I don't know what people like me look like but they can know how I look like
Sometimes ehhh u people just open ur mouth and clear all doubts that u are not doing it for likes
I just told u for security reasons but to u
It doesn't matter if I feel safe where I paid to live in
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
basic23111:
What about the chaplet worn on the wrist... And must you tell the world your religion, religion is based on you and your God and likewise your character shown exemplary.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by abbeyty(m): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
ybalogs:
I bet this is fake too.
you can say that again
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
basic23111:
You have not answered the question. Does the hijab or hair cover, make her a more efficient, more effective or a more intelligent lawyer?
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by faithfavour: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
Is she going to wear Wig on top of the small hair covering ? No. She is going to be different. Double wig is not allowed.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
drlateef:
There is no verse in the Bible, that says Virgin Mary wore a hijab. sad Every drawing you see of her, is an artist depiction of the form of dressing that women wore, during those biblical period.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Olaitan1011: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hijab is not meant for fashion but women's dignity and pride !!! Mind what you say about it! No religion of Allah's (God) goes against it... And in your constitution, there is freedom of religion. pleas where is that freedom
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by ybalogs(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Does the hijab or hair cover, make her a more efficient, more effective or a more intelligent lawyer? Just asking.
Far from it. And does not using hijab make her?
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
ybalogs:
Far from it. And does not using hijab make her?
Exactly. So using it or not adds no value to her as a lawyer. So why make a fuss about using it? The wig actually provides adequate covering for the hair, not so?
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by ybalogs(m): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
Inyinese:
but we're not in the Islamic country.
We don't have to be in an Islamic country exhibit your believe. Hijab is part of Islamic ways of dressing and it's compulsory for all Muslim ladies/women to use it. I'm sure you're aware there's freedom of Religion in our constitution.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by ybalogs(m): 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Exactly. So using it or not adds no value to her as a lawyer. So why make a fuss about using it? The wig actually provides adequate covering for the hair, not so?
it's the way of dressing for muslim women which is very compulsory. So it's about her believe not her virtue or efficiency.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
ybalogs:
it's the way of dressing for muslim women which is very compulsory. So it's about her believe not her virtue or efficiency.
Again, you are dodging the question. sad Ok, if the hijab is compulsory for Muslim women, then why did she bother to study law, when she knew that hijab is not part of a lawyer's outfit? She could have studied another course that allows women to wear hijab under their uniform.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by MarieSucre(f): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
babajeje123:
You mean your hair is your sexual organ undecided?
it arouses sexual feelings, yes.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by mu2sa2: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
After all the grammar they will still approve the "hair cover" alias "hijab". Look at the picture of Firdaus Amosa again and you will wonder what the noise is all about in the first place - is the black scarf underneath her lawyer's wig hijab? Hypocrites everywhere!
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Mrjaz(m): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
obailala:
I seriously don't understand why this must be an issue we should be dwelling on as a nation. If a person for whatever religious reason insists they must cover their hair, why can't there be flexibility in the legal system? .. Laws are made for men and not men for laws.
Legal system: legal dressing
Sharia system: sharia dressing

Simple it dose not fit your religion please quite and stop fooling around its haram by the way....... Nonsense set of people we r discussing the betterment of the society una d support hijab.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
mu2sa2:
After all the grammar they will still approve the "hair cover" alias "hijab". Look at the picture of Firdaus Amosa again and you will wonder what the noise is all about in the first place - is the black scarf underneath her lawyer's wig hijab? Hypocrites everywhere!
Well, what is it then? Firdaus herself called it a hijab. Was she dumb?
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by obailala(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Throughout the whole report and narrative, I haven't heard or read anywhere where it directly or indirectly claimed that wearing a hijab or anything at all will make her or anyone a better lawyer. You say you're just asking right?.. Could you be kind enough to tell us where you picked up that weird idea from to be asking this sort of pointless question?

People have personal lives and not everything we do in our lives is geared towards making us better in our profession. Like seriously, what sort of human doesn't know this?

Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
ChiefAzubuike1:

insult u that why? we have won! head covering is a major milestone and insha Allah,we Will Get The Hijab
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by mu2sa2: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Well, what is it then? Firdaus herself called it a hijab. Was she dumb?
Does it look like hijab to you? In fact if you forget the hullabaloo generated you won't even see the so-called hijab looking at the pic.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2018
obailala:
Throughout the whole report and narrative, I haven't heard or read anywhere where it directly or indirectly claimed that wearing a hijab or anything at all will make her or anyone a better lawyer. You say you're just asking right?.. Could you be kind enough to tell us where you picked up that weird idea from to be asking this sort of pointless question?

People have personal lives and not everything we do in our lives is geared towards making us better in our profession. Like seriously, what sort of human doesn't know this?
It is not a pointless question. sad Firdaus refused to remove the hijab, so that she could be called to bar. She got rude and almost insulted Belgore, a former CJ who pointed out to her on that day, that the hijab was not part of the approved dressing for lawyers, so she should remove it, before she can come in for the call-to-bar ceremony. undecided With all the fuss she kicked up about wearing the hijab that day, and the resulting controversy from other people, I had to ask if wearing the hijab would make her a better, more efficient, or more effective lawyer? Or if wearing that hijab would make her a more intelligent lawyer? Do you get the point now, or do you just want to split hairs and clutch at straws?
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by obailala(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2018
Mrjaz:

Legal system: legal dressing
Sharia system: sharia dressing

Simple it dose not fit your religion please quite and stop fooling around its haram by the way....... Nonsense set of people we r discussing the betterment of the society una d support hijab.
I'm not a Muslim, neither am I in support or against anything. But as a human, I understand the principles of 'live and let live'. If a person insists that for whatever reason, they have to put a freakin cap or head cover under their wig, how does that affect my life? how does it affect your life for you to be so bitter about it?.. does it make her a less efficient lawyer?... I will have to repeat the last sentence you made with a bit of disgust, "people are discussing important issues to make their lives and the country a better place, some nonsense set of people are busy worrying themselves over what another individual thousands of kilometres away chooses to put on their hair." Talk of joblesssness and bigotry!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by ybalogs(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Again, you are dodging the question. sad Ok, if the hijab is compulsory for Muslim women, then why did she bother to study law, when she knew that hijab is not part of a lawyer's outfit? She could have studied another course that allows women to wear hijab under their uniform.
Where was it written that hijab is not allowed in law practice? Have you taken your time to read about hijab? Don't mistaken hijabs for Niqabs please. No profession on earth can ban hijab has it hinders nothing whatsoever.
Re: Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus by LaudableXX: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
ybalogs:
Where was it written that hijab is not allowed in law practice? Have you taken your time to read about hijab? Don't mistaken hijabs for Niqabs please. No profession on earth can ban hijab has it hinders nothing whatsoever.
Guy, were you born myopic? shocked So what led to the Firdaus controversy? If it was allowed for female muslim lawyers to wear hijab as part of their wig and gown, why was Firdaus not allowed to enter the hall for her call-to-bar ceremony, unless she removes the hijab? Are you ok at all? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics / 10 Things You Should Do Before Your Final Year In School / Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.