Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London (8378 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless / Picture Of Slums In The Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by AngieFan(f): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2010
There is no way that production company (not the BBC) got away with not paying for an interview with this guy and the others.

People forget that 'Welcome to Lagos' was made by an independent production company and the BBC just paid for the license to show it on their channel. That's how these things work. I doubt the BBC had anything to do with the arrival of this guy in the UK and that includes helping him to get a visa. I don't think the BBC have any clout at the visa office anyway, ! grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2010
AngieFan:

You asked why him, I simply asked why not him? As someone said it is probably his chance to be blessed. Sorry if my question came across as snide.

Oh, my apology too.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Oba234: 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2010
awwww, I am happy for him
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2010
AngieFan:

There is no way that production company (not the BBC) got away with not paying for an interview with this guy and the others.

People forget that 'Welcome to Lagos' was made by an independent production company and the BBC just paid for the license to show it on their channel. That's how these things work. I doubt the BBC had anything to do with the arrival of this guy in the UK and that includes helping him to get a visa. I don't think the BBC have any clout at the visa office anyway, ! grin

Makes sense . . .
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Cohomology: 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2010
Within a space of two months, the BBC has done more for the average Nigerian than the infernal zombies that make up the useless Nigerian government.

Praise to the BBC!

Shame on the Nigerian government!
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2010
^^you must be a BBC stooge
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 07, 2010
rocking with a cossy wannabe

obodo oyibo good o
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by denzel2009: 12:58am On Jun 07, 2010
^^^ I dont think she's Cossy wannabe but Makosi is crazy in her own way. Did they share lipstick?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by skfa1: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2010
God is Good.

This tells me that no matter the problem i have today, i should not give up, i should continue and I will get there AMEN.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by sayso: 11:49am On Jun 07, 2010
oyb:

rocking with a cossy wannabe

obodo oyibo good o

whenever man pikin get small money,woman go open b-r-e-a-s-t give am,abi the one wey him suck from him mama never do?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by DoubleN(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2010
sayso:

whenever man pikin get small money,woman go open b-r-e-a-s-t give am,abi the one wey him suck from him mama never do?
i tire o!
Slender take am easy o!Make your case no come turn to the one of African China.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by goldylucks(f): 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
am so happy for both of them.they really do deserve such treatment.I just hope they make use of this to the fullest, takia Vocal Slender and Esther
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by bighead1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2010
OMG who gave TERRY G the visa to the UK
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by r231(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2010
big head:

OMG who gave TERRY G the visa to the UK

i knw rite grin grin

his show was heavy yesterday

very crazy guy grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by heryyy(m): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2010
[size=20pt]For people who didnt get a chance of seeing the documentary, its now on youtube for your view[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8llgvgHxHE

BBC. Welcome to Lagos. Ep 1 [part 1/6]

BBC. Welcome to Lagos. Ep 1 [part 2/6]

BBC. Welcome to Lagos. Ep 1 [part 3/6]

BBC. Welcome to Lagos. Ep 1 [part 4/6]

BBC. Welcome to Lagos. Ep 1 [part 5/6]

BBC. Welcome to Lagos. Ep 1 [part 6/6]

[size=20pt]
After watching come back and drop your comment, Good Luck !!![/size]
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by otondo55: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
Thanks for the link !

I wasnt opportune to watch it.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP,LIFE IS TERRIBLE HERE.

NO ONE TO RUN TO, THE LEADERs ARE SELFISH.

GOD HELP !

Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Travelista(f): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
I have no idea who he is or what the documentary entails but I'm happy he's getting a chance to realize his dream. One quick question though: are you guys telling me that neither Lagos or London sell lotion? Dude needs to moisturize his situation, STAT!
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by heryyy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
Travelista:

I have no idea who he is or what the documentary entails but I'm happy he's getting a chance to realize his dream. One quick question though: are you guys telling me that neither Lagos or London sell lotion? Dude needs to moisturize his situation, STAT!

Watch the documentary and see if he is not far better !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8llgvgHxHE
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kunbee: 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
Good luck to him
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by martinosi: 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
hmm
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by martinosi: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2010
hmm
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2010
martinosi:

OH SHUT UP!!!! stop talking out of your a***

Its a No-Brainer why he is in London with the
other people who appeared in that documentary,

If you have any brain in your Head you would understand that
some people some where are doing some "Damage-Control" and also
trying to make a "Buck" out of these people,

Ignorance is Bliss in Nigeria on soo many issues, you need
to ask some Nigerians that work @the "White city Office" before
you open you mouth and talk trash!!!

Damage control?
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by emmydee(m): 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2010
This is really gr8.
What a dream realized
The BBC has done somefin nice this time

I congratulate the guy.

Slumdog in oyibo land.
ride bro
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by vanitty: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
Damage control indeed! undecided I don't know why people just can't take the story as it is. At the end of the day, his life is better for it.
Glad for both of them, especially Blessing.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Hauwa1: 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
even in the doc, we could see the guy sabi yangan grin. happy for him
i hope when he has money, he should take more care of his teeth.

i'd like to see the Blessing/ Esther girl succeed. i liked her in the doc.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by akigbemaru: 4:57pm On Jun 07, 2010
I am really happy for you "The Lagos Slumdog Millionaire." Indeed, your story is a cocktail of hopes, palpable intrigue and actualized dreams. It is a classic grass to grace story, a demonstration of the never-say-die spirit of a typical Nigerian. And it is better heard from the horse’s mouth.
I was chagrined about the ill-human way of living on refuse dump-site, but you put swag, diligence and perseverance to it. And at the of the day, Almighty God crowned your efforts. Cry me a river, while I congratulate you on your success; a rivulet of joy ran through my face.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2010
oh, were they trying to do a slumdog millionaire scenario.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
akigbemaru:

I am really happy for you "The Lagos Slumdog Millionaire." Indeed, your story is a cocktail of hopes, palpable intrigue and actualized dreams. It is a classic grass to grace story, a demonstration of the never-say-die spirit of a typical Nigerian. And it is better heard from the horse’s mouth.
I was chagrined about the ill-human way of living on refuse dump-site, but you put swag, diligence and perseverance to it. And at the of the day, Almighty God crowned your efforts. Cry me a river, while I congratulate you on your success; a rivulet of joy ran through my face.

swag i a slum/ grin grin
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2010
I doubt this guy is Jaja of Opobos grandson like he claims.

jaja died in 1891 in exile, So his youngest son would be like 110yrs old.

This guy here looks like 30yrs.

The Jaja of Opobo thingy might just be a publicity stunt.

Good for the guy that he is making money now sha
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2010
dayokanu:

I doubt this guy is Jaja of Opobos grandson like he claims.

jaja died in 1891 in exile, So his youngest son would be like 110yrs old.

This guy here looks like 30yrs.

The Jaja of Opobo thingy might just be a publicity stunt.

Good for the guy that he is making money now sha

Dude, this is not the JajaOfOpobo story. This particular dude's story was featured in the first WELCOME TO LAGOS block. Did you not see that one? You need to cause it was awesome.
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
I didnt see any of those I just read someone referring to him as Jaja of Opobos grandson
Re: From The Dump Slums Of Lagos To The Streets Of London by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2010
Check Youtube for WELCOME TO LAGOS . I promise you will be entertained. It is really cool show.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Deputy-Governor's CPS Abducted By Gunmen / President Buhari Welcomes Ramadan Fasting, Asks Muslims To Feed The Poor / Four Kidnapped Students Of Zamfara Health College Regain Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.