Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM (39968 Views)

Virtual Training on CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CEHv11 / Virtual Training on CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCSP, CEH / CISA And CISA Aspirants..come In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by jeswinner: 4:14am On Aug 23, 2023
Hi,

I plan to take Google cybersecurity program on Coursera and I found out it will cost $50 per month.

Can I get a discount, pay in naira or do it for free?
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by dfrost: 5:58am On Aug 23, 2023
jeswinner:
Hi,

I plan to take Google cybersecurity program on Coursera and I found out it will cost $50 per month.

Can I get a discount, pay in naira or do it for free?

You can't get a discount for it except you apply for a scholarship (I guess that's what they call it) and be hopeful they approve it.

Come to think of it, you pay the $50 bucks, you gain it.

1. It's $50 and you get a good feel on the cybersecurity industry.

2. You get a 30% discount on CompTIA Security+.

Trust me, it's a win win for you. Security+ is priced at $216 for Emerging Countries of which Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ belongs to.

So you will be getting two certs at lesser the price of one because you end up paying less than $202.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Jintata: 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
You’re invited to take the cybersecurity quiz below free of charge:

This quiz evaluates knowledge and skills in the following cybersecurity areas of focus:
Cloud securityCybersecurity software developmentSecurity administrationGovernance, Risk and Compliance Leadership and operations
This quiz will take approximately 25 minutes to complete. It is designed to provide a holistic overview of cybersecurity strengths across your team. Use your results to uncover proficiencies in areas beyond your current job scope and to plan your next move to expand your skills. Upon completing the quiz, you will immediately receive an email with your results: https://cloud.connect.isc2.org/assess-quiz?utm_source=isc2list&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=B2B-Assess&utm_term=27sept2023&utm_content=quiz
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Jintata: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2023
https://www.isc2.org/landing/1mcc

As part of our commitment to help close the cybersecurity workforce gap and diversify those working in the field, ISC2 is offering FREE Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Online Self-Paced Training and exams to one million people.

1 Like

Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Anon000: 6:30am On Oct 16, 2023
Jintata:
https://www.isc2.org/landing/1mcc

As part of our commitment to help close the cybersecurity workforce gap and diversify those working in the field, ISC2 is offering FREE Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Online Self-Paced Training and exams to one million people.

Thank you for this. I wrote the exams and passed. Just left to pay for the $50 AMF and become a certified member.

2 Likes

Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Jintata: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Congratulations πŸŽ‰. What study materials did u use?
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Anon000: 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
Jintata:
Congratulations πŸŽ‰. What study materials did u use?

I used the ISC2 self- paced course and practice questions from Udemy

1 Like

Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by kenlinzo(m): 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2023
Anon000:

Thank you for this. I wrote the exams and passed. Just left to pay for the $50 AMF and become a certified member.

Pls how do I get access to the course?
I have signed up but to place to start the training
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Anon000: 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2023
kenlinzo:

Pls how do I get access to the course?
I have signed up but to place to start the training

If you followed the instructions, you will find your access on the Candidate Benefits page.
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by wayisshut: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2023
Thanks its worth it.
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Jintata: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2023
Technician scholarship:

Below is another link with training information.

https://codered.eccouncil.org/essentials-series-bundle/#pricing-plans
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Dhatgirl: 9:58am On Feb 01
Jintata:
Technician scholarship:

Below is another link with training information.

https://codered.eccouncil.org/essentials-series-bundle/#pricing-plans

Hi, thank you for creating this wonderful thread. I just picked up and interest in cyber security with a niche focus on GRC. I'm a bit lost on where to start from as I have zero knowledge on cybersec and just basic tech knowledge. I'm a fresh grad and a lawyer. Any advice will be helpful.
Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Jintata: 4:02pm On Feb 23
Dhatgirl:

Hi, thank you for creating this wonderful thread. I just picked up and interest in cyber security with a niche focus on GRC. I'm a bit lost on where to start from as I have zero knowledge on cybersec and just basic tech knowledge. I'm a fresh grad and a lawyer. Any advice will be helpful.

See apt response from an AI below …

## Getting Started in Cybersecurity with a Focus on GRC: A Roadmap for Lawyers

**Congratulations** on your interest in cybersecurity, particularly within the niche of Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC). Combining your legal background with cybersecurity expertise can be a valuable asset in today's digital landscape. Here's a roadmap to help you navigate your journey:

**1. Build a Foundational Understanding:**

* **Start with fundamentals:** Enroll in online courses or bootcamps that provide a comprehensive overview of cybersecurity concepts, including:
* Network security
* Application security
* Cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities
* Encryption and cryptography
* Incident response and disaster recovery
* **Resources:**
* **Cybrary:** Offers free and paid courses on various cybersecurity topics.
* **SANS Institute:** Provides industry-recognized certifications and training programs.
* **Coursera and edX:** Offer online courses from top universities and institutions.

**2. Deepen Your Knowledge in GRC:**

* **Focus on GRC frameworks:** Understand frameworks like NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), ISO 27001, and COBIT. These frameworks provide guidelines for establishing effective cybersecurity practices.
* **Explore legal aspects of cybersecurity:** Learn about relevant laws and regulations like GDPR, HIPAA, and CCPA that govern data privacy and security.
* **Resources:**
* **National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST):** Provides resources on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
* **International Organization for Standardization (ISO):** Offers information on ISO 27001 and other relevant standards.
* **International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP):** Provides resources on data privacy laws and regulations.

**3. Gain Practical Experience:**

* **Consider pursuing industry certifications:** Certifications like Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) can validate your knowledge and enhance your career prospects.
* **Volunteer or intern:** Look for opportunities to volunteer with organizations working in cybersecurity or participate in internship programs to gain practical experience.
* **Personal projects:** Set up a home lab to experiment with security tools and technologies, simulating real-world scenarios.

**4. Leverage Your Legal Background:**

* **Combine your legal expertise with cybersecurity knowledge:** Analyze legal aspects of cybersecurity incidents, data breaches, and regulatory compliance.
* **Focus on areas like:**
* Cybersecurity risk assessments and legal implications
* Data privacy compliance and legal requirements
* Cybersecurity incident response and legal considerations
* **Network with legal professionals:** Connect with lawyers specializing in cybersecurity law to gain insights and potential mentorship opportunities.

**5. Continuous Learning:**

* **Stay updated:** The cybersecurity landscape constantly evolves, so stay informed about emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices.
* **Follow industry publications and attend conferences:** Engage with the cybersecurity community to learn from experts and network with professionals.

**Remember:** The journey into cybersecurity takes time and dedication. Be patient, persistent, and leverage your unique combination of legal expertise and cybersecurity knowledge to carve a successful niche in the field of GRC.

1 Like

Re: CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM by Jintata: 4:04pm On Feb 23
Also consider the CIPP … The Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) helps organizations around the world bolster compliance and risk mitigation practices, and arms practitioners with the insight needed to add more value to their businesses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

8 Things Successful People Do NOT Do Every Day / My Madam Sacked Me Because I Killed A Snake In Her Compound / Why Ekiti Police Sacked Pregnant Policewoman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.