Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria (48632 Views)

Argentina Players Hold Minute Of Silence For Mbappé After France Defeat (Video) / South Africa's World Cup Clash Halted By Swarm Of Bees, Fans React (Photos) / Croatia Hold Training Session Ahead Of World Cup Clash With Nigeria. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Wishing d super eagles all the best of luck on tuesday
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by GOOOGLE504(m): 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Nigerians i can't help but laugh at you guys if you think you stand any chance against Argentina.

I was so ashamed of the way you people celebrated super chickens because they managed to win common iceland like they know or play good football.

I shame for una naija.

Every world cup una must do permutation, una no dey shame.

Celebrating a win against common iceland as if it was the world cup that we won. Mediocres celebrating mediocrity.

I just can't wait for argentina to beat us and end all these nonsense hopes you people are having.

Your super chickens are as good as dead. Make i bend say Argentina no finish those weak players life.

Celebrating a win against common iceland as if we were the first country to win a match in the world cup.

I dey shame for una.

After Argentina don wound una finish on tuesday, on wednesday the chickens go from Russia move go dia clubs. All of una wey dey form patriots, i hope say Dem pay una money for the unnecessary celebrations. Ndi ara

na rum u dey yarn, Na Argentina n Iceland dey permutate for group D not us, our own is just to win or draw Arg or we r out.. chikena
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by chinchum(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
tonididdy:
cmon guys we won iceland not england.
if we think we have a chance against argentina...then we need help.
but the same iceland defeated england at Euro 2016. What are you yapping about?
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by chinchum(m): 3:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
maynia:

The same star studded team that Iceland beat in qualifying stage and sent them to playoff?

I guess mexico has more star player than Germany

Who needs sense now?
he doesn't know what he is writing about. He is foolishly proud in his ignorance. On Tuesday, the result can go in three possible ways for Nigeria, any reasonable person should know that, patriotism aside.
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
Nigerians i can't help but laugh at you guys if you think you stand any chance against Argentina.

I was so ashamed of the way you people celebrated super chickens because they managed to win common iceland like they know or play good football.

I shame for una naija.

Every world cup una must do permutation, una no dey shame.

Celebrating a win against common iceland as if it was the world cup that we won. Mediocres celebrating mediocrity.

I just can't wait for argentina to beat us and end all these nonsense hopes you people are having.

Your super chickens are as good as dead. Make i bend say Argentina no finish those weak players life.

Celebrating a win against common iceland as if we were the first country to win a match in the world cup.

I dey shame for una.

After Argentina don wound una finish on tuesday, on wednesday the chickens go from Russia move go dia clubs. All of una wey dey form patriots, i hope say Dem pay una money for the unnecessary celebrations. Ndi ara

I don't care for a ban and just like your post lack sense, it is what you churned out that you are. You're a Ghanian, a black and you're still a racist to a black nation. I'm sure you'll prefer Japan to win over Senegal.

What a big f0ol!! Nigeria will disappoint you.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by kunle75(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
Olalan:
This team is so confused, Nigeria should beat them comfortably

Yes they're
Bible says that a house that's divided against itself shall not stand.
Its good if our team can read in between the lines
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by Daeylar(f): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

Hopefully.

I don't intend watching that match, though cheesy

I am too young to suffer a heart attack.

grin grin
I hope you are fine. Happy Sunday.

All good, wish you same. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by Seun360(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nigeria will be beaten "Black n Blue" on that faithful day.
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by OEChika: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
ERCROSS:
I suspect that this might be a mind game to divert the mind of the super eagles team from effective preparation. Our coach should better not use a back 3 this time around coz this people will use a front 3. A 4-3-3 formation with Etebo, Ndidi and Mikel in their middle, then a front trio of Simi, Musa and Iheanacho

How Nigeria can beat Argentina, I am not a football analyst, just a crude observer
To beat an opponent in football is not rocket science.
It depends on the coach and the players, of course they make up the team.

1. THE FIRST HALF IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE SECOND HALF: This is one of the issues of mindset. I can remember a certain commentator referring to Nigeria's Super eagles as a second half team, and this is a consequence of we not performing in most first half of our matches. The first half is the time you have to destabilize your opponent. This was the first mistake made by Iceland, they fail to destabilize us from the first half by preferring to seat in their box and play on counter thereby allowing us to grow in confidence which begin to become evident towards the end of first half but actually materialize in the second half

2. DISPOSSESS THEM: We have dribblers and a lot of them in the Argentine National team, the likes of Dybala and Lionel Messi. But it is actually very possible to dispossess these wizards. We blacks are known for our Strength, and this is one thing we have to use to our advantage here. When an opponent player is holding on to the ball, two of our players should rush to tackle him, while the other player around that part of the field should mark, one-on-one, other opponent players nearer to the player in possession of the ball should in case he passes to any of his teammates around him. This tactic will prevent Argentina from having much needed time on the ball, and consequentially reduce their chance of scoring.

3. DON'T PLAY OLD TIRED LEGS: This is actually a message to the coach. The likes of Onazi, Joel Obi and Ighalo have done well for Nigeria in the past. I can remember the Confederations cup in 2013 or 2014, where Onazi was our star player and Mikel Obi was on fire after they had helped us win the Nations cup in 2013. These guys are past their prime now. And you can't expect them to start running around the field to actualize the step number 2 above. To implement the step two above, we need young players who can run tirelessly for a whole of 90 minutes. Mikel Obi can still be used because he is a reliable defending midfielder.

4. COMPLETE PASSES: No player should hold on to the ball for too long, except if he is pressing forward with the ball. Even if na just to pass to the person beside you and take the pass back in a second. Pass the ball around, distribute the play and always find a way to move forward. This would destabilize the opponent.

5. DON'T FORGET TO PLAY AS A TEAM: This is the most important part of this write-up. The code is Massive-Attack, Mass-Defend. When you mass defend, you automatically implement the step two. When you mass attack, you expose their defense and give them a tough time. However, we must be careful not to expose our defense when we mass attack. There must be, at least three of our defenders should be at the midfield in case of counter attacks.

I recommend a 4-3-3 formation.
Moses-Omeruo-Leon-Ekong.
Etebo-mikel-Ndidi
Simi-Iheanacho-Musa

This people should have just left rohr and picked.... Your paper tactics na die......

Maybe try Ghana
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by DONADAMS(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
freeradical:
Coach Rohr and his boys should just stick to the plan. With that last game formation and some discipline we will surely beat this team.

Our greatest undoing will be playing defensive for a draw. Let's go for the win and hope Iceland also beats Croatia. We can still win this group and get a better second round draw.
sorri sir..whin which group??
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by Emycord: 11:56am On Jun 27, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
Foolishness. It is obvious the team has lost it. Two things now. 1. Because of their revolt against the coach collectively, they can give their blood just to win the remaining matches same way Chelsea players won the champions league for themselves not the technicality of the coach.

2. It might end up very badly for them because it is going to be each player for himself not receiving orders from a coach. Everyone decides what he does.

Conclusion, make naija capitalise on this divided house and hammer solid free 3 points.
I Told You It Was Just Mind Games They Are Playing With Nigeri Now Have You Seen It? They Sold A Dummy To Nigerian And You Bought It
Re: Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria by mknigeriagreat: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Emycord:
I Told You It Was Just Mind Games They Are Playing With Nigeri Now Have You Seen It? They Sold A Dummy To Nigerian And You Bought It

There was no mind game thing. We didn't take our chances like they did. If it was even Iceland that played these guys with those free chances, Argentina would be out by now. They were not spectacular than us. Also when they were bringing in a striker in the latter minutes for a defender, I felt a good coach would have traded a misfiring Ighalo for a defender. Nothing stops us from fielding six solid defenders from the 80th minute against them when it became very obvious we can't score anymore thanks to Ighalo. But overall it is all but a game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 AFCON; Corpers Gather Outside Uyo Stadium To Demand For Free Entry. Photos / Musa Yahaya Weds Rahama Saduah In Kaduna (PHOTOS) / Governor Hope Uzodinma Receives Chiamaka Nnadozie At Government House, Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.