Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Wish I Could Make An Impact. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wish I Could Make An Impact. (1279 Views)

I Wish I Didn't Meet Her Through Hookup. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos / I Wish I Could Make The Pain Go Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 24, 2018
I was driving through agege railway crossing this evening quite late, angry with impatient drivers who were making the standstill worse by going one way, I was really mad until I got to the front of some shops where I used to admire their print materials but have never stopped to buy because of their lack of parking space, well I see "peasants" preparing their bed and make shift tents in front of those same shops which were already closed for the night, I see children, most touching to me was the image of a woman carrying her disabled child from a basin and setting him on the spread clothing then undressing him to change him for the night, the child looked about ten years of age, it was such a sad sight, I tried taking pictures but they were all blurry due to the car lights all blazing,
Surely these people don't love to sleep there every night come rain or shine, imagine the rains of last night how they must have coped.
Not every beggar is begging out of choice and it breaks my heart to see such sights, I wish there were homeless shelters in this country, or better still I wish I could start one, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder where to start, how to.... So many how's, well my traffic problems faded into irrelevance needless to say........
So I lie in my warm bed tonight and it hurts me to imagine them on their cold ground in the open space, let me just go and sleep already...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 8:41am On Jun 24, 2018
You can still make an impact by setting up a foundation whereby people can donate to your cause. Then you use the money to build a hostel for the less privileged.

1 Like

Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by sisisioge: 9:00am On Jun 24, 2018
Dearest Lord in heaven embarassed...these kind of images mess with my mind a lot. If you do the hostel thing like the poster above me recommended, people will be happy to donate to the cause. However, you've got to think about sustainability too cos this has been tried in the north but they always manage to go back to the street. They prefer to beg as its considered fastest income route. They prefer to stay out late and start out earlier cos that's when they get most income.

Essentially, if all you offer is a hostel minus alternate source of income, they would move back to the street in no time.

I will suggest you document their activities and bring it to the notice of the state govt. They would take them off the streets. There's a program of sorts for issues like this. The children that need help will be given some help too.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2018
sisisioge:
Dearest Lord in heaven embarassed...these kind of images mess with my mind a lot. If you do the hostel thing like the poster above me recommended, people will be happy to donate to the cause. However, you've got to think about sustainability too cos this has been tried in the north but they always manage to go back to the street. They prefer to beg as its considered fastest income route. They prefer to stay out late and start out earlier cos that's when they get most income.

Essentially, if all you offer is a hostel minus alternate source of income, they would move back to the street in no time.

I will suggest you document their activities and bring it to the notice of the state govt. They would take them off the streets. There's a program of sorts for issues like this. The children that need help will be given some help too.
Ok hostel and an agricultural scheme . what I mean by agric scheme is that they will be converted to paid labour in farms where they will plant crops and harvest then supply for selling. In that way, they won't be on the streets anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by OriginalKogiboy(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2018
a begar with a begar mentality wil never b able to leave in a mason.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Chubhie: 10:34am On Jun 24, 2018
Accumulation of decades of rot. Imagine Nigeria in the next 50 years? Walkaway or save the world?
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by sisisioge: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
Ok hostel and an agricultural scheme . what I mean by agric scheme is that they will be converted to paid labour in farms where they will plant crops and harvest then supply for selling. In that way, they won't be on the streets anymore.

Yes! This is makes a lot more sense.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2018
sisisioge:

Yes! This is makes a lot more sense.
very good so juanitajames you have yourself a proposal. A proposal that can remove completely beggars from the streets of Nigeria. After all, the president's body language is geared towards agricultural development so funds will be readily available.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
You can still make an impact by setting up a foundation whereby people can donate to your cause. Then you use the money to build a hostel for the less privileged.
I be know the foundation idea, guess I am scared to take the step, where do I start from, etc. A partner may be the ginger to take the move.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

I be know the foundation idea, guess I am scared to take the step, where do I start from, etc. A partner may be the ginger to take the move.
well good a thing you are mobile.. I can be a partner..
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2018
sisisioge:

I had the idea of the accommodation serving dinner also to rule abiding residents coupled with basic health care. With such conditions such as the kids must attend free govt schools.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
Let's partner up already, you seem on board.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
OriginalKogiboy:
a begar with a begar mentality wil never b able to leave in a mason.
All are called, few are choosen. Like just now hubby and I were driving from church and those car windscreen cleaners appeared, he already dismissed the person only to see it was a girl of about 12years of age, and her look was so dejected, he wished he could call her back but she was gone already. Her remaining there will soon make her fall victim of some bad guy.

1 Like

Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
well good a thing you are mobile.. I can be a partner..
How does mobility come into play? PM me let's talk on I guess.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

Let's partner up already, you seem on board.
I'll send you a pm soon with my main account.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

a car lol
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
sisisioge:

How about you? Think you can squeeze in some humanitarian work into your schedules?
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
I'll send you a pm soon with my main account.
People with clone accounts I dey fear una. How I go know say na you?
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

my main account was banned. It will be unbanned on Tuesday.. Will send you a pm with it. This my account I don't have access to the email
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by darkmarky(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

People with clone accounts I dey fear una. How I go know say na you?
I will mention you on this thread with my main account on tuesday
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by sisisioge: 2:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

How about you? Think you can squeeze in some humanitarian work into your schedules?

No darling but I can add a lil to the funding embarassed and help rebroadcast for further awareness.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by sisisioge: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
JuanitaJames:

I had the idea of the accommodation serving dinner also to rule abiding residents coupled with basic health care. With such conditions such as the kids must attend free govt schools.

You surely need support. I was once a part of a similar project where abused girls were rescued. These girls were less than twenty in a house. Dear Lord, they behaved like multitude. You need professionals who would not throw in the towel like I did when their wahala became too much. I was trying to help but was perceived as the enemy. May God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
sisisioge:

You surely need support. I was once a part of a similar project where abused girls were rescued. These girls were less than twenty in a house. Dear Lord, they behaved like multitude. You need professionals who would not throw in the towel like I did when their wahala became too much. I was trying to help but was perceived as the enemy. May God help us.
Guess that experience can be used to modify better.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
sisisioge:

No darling but I can add a lil to the funding embarassed and help rebroadcast for further awareness.
Guess you see why it seems an herculean challenge. Go fundme account comes to mind for some funding but I am unable or not ready to speak to my foriegn friends yet, conviction and trust are my draw back for that.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
darkmarky:
I will mention you on this thread with my main account on tuesday
Ok
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2018
Quite touching.
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
sisisioge:

enemy how? Pls explain
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
JuanitaJames:

use corpers as cheap labour and engage churches to set up shelters and soup kitchens
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by sisisioge: 5:52am On Jun 26, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
enemy how? Pls explain

The kids became sorta aggressive. They were rude and happily broke the rules. Some of them even wanted to leave. These girls were rescued from oga's husbands that turned them to seix slaves o, madam that beat them like drums, father rapping them etc. The foundation had a counsellor o...yet it was difficult for me working with them. They became too aggressive for my own liking...I could deal man. May the echoes of love never leave us embarassed
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by Ranchhoddas: 6:46am On Jun 26, 2018
Prevention is always better.

Promoting contraception, forced vasectomies, making laws that punish people for having kids they cannot take care of. etc are more effective ways of dealing with problems like these.
I know say the religious people in the country go talk say their God go vex for this kind suggestion.
And yes! Abortions are also an option.
How many people you fit help?

We need Bertrand Zobrist!
Re: Wish I Could Make An Impact. by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2018
sisisioge:

The kids became sorta aggressive. They were rude and happily broke the rules. Some of them even wanted to leave. These girls were rescued from oga's husbands that turned them to seix slaves o, madam that beat them like drums, father rapping them etc. The foundation had a counsellor o...yet it was difficult for me working with them. They became too aggressive for my own liking...I could deal man. May the echoes of love never leave us embarassed
what happens when ppl treated like animals.
Not their fault.
At least you tried and know wia your power reash unlike others that talk chochochochochochochocho without moving one crocodile finger
Kudos
Service is a calling
Not easy
But like you said
You can always pay ppl in your stead

(1) (Reply)

How to handle the six type of toxic parent / Jehovah's Witness,who Is Against Blood Transfusion. See Their Sick Child (video) / Can A Father Arrest His Son For Coming Home Very Late?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.