Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer (3275 Views)

Why Is The Price Of Beer Cheaper In The North Compared To South (video) / This Is How Original Palm Wine Is Made / Guest Seen Draining Beer Completely From Its Bottle, Today, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by stansaintly(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
Palm wine is the sweet tasty sap gotten from wounded palm trees. Anyone who has ever visited Abba-omega in Ebonyi State must have come across palm wine.

Palm wine is good for our health, if only we drink pure and fresh ones, this is because preservatives and sweeteners added "palmy" as it is fondly called is not good for our health. When palm wine is tapped, it is fresh and sweet but in 24 hours, it can become sharp and sour, and contain more alcohol than some of our alcoholic drinks. This is because the palm wine undergoes fermentation.

Palm wine has benefits when consumed fresh or fermented, but the most benefits are gotten when it is consumed fresh. In Cameroon and Nigeria, the process of tapping palm wine from palm trees is called palm wine tapping. A palm wine tapper climbs the palm tree with a rope that is locally designed for that purpose.

He also climbs the palm tree with a cutlass, a knife and a gallon or calabash. When the tapper climbs the tree to the top, he will cut some palm branches to expose the tissue and use the knife to create a hole in the tree. A hollow bamboo or empty pipe is used to direct the sap into a gallon which is tied around the tree.

Another way to tap wine from palm is by cutting down the palm trees as seen in Abba-omega (Abaomege) in Onicha L.G.A, Ebonyi State

Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by theenchanter: 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
Palmie cheesy
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by segebobo: 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
It's hard 2 get fresh, undiluted palm wine in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by Fistop: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
Good for Malaria
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by GMBuhari: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
I can supply if you'll pay delivery , Within 4 hours it'll be delivered to Lagos .....
segebobo:
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by lawalosky(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
haram.
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by cassidy1996(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
palm wine an beer wear the same shirt, all = highness.........
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by stansaintly(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2018
Palmie is the best. Undiluted one
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by okwabayi(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2018
I swear I love this drink but e dey full belle and tire me quick.
It's not only a West African staple: Indians, Singaporeans and Malaysians make the same using palm and coconut trees.
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by stansaintly(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
segebobo:

No be lie. Lagos palmie na saccharine mixed with pap water
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by stansaintly(m): 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
More pictures

Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by Munzy14(m): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Very interesting! cc dominique, lalasticlala..
Re: Palm Wine: This Is The Best Drink, Much Cheaper Than Beer by kingkoded: 10:18am On Jun 26, 2018
Easiest Way To Make Your Tasty, Flavoursome Pasta Salad

Pasta Salad

Honestly apart from the fact that this pasta salad is the best, I had my daughter asking for more and that to me is success. If I can convert my little fussy madam to eat and love this salad, I can win you over with it too. There are many pasta salads around but this beats them hands down.

INGREDIENTS

Salad dressing (feel free to add more)
3tbsp light mayonnaise
4tbsp fat free natural yogurt
1tsp of our nice seasoning
Black pepper
To read all, visit https://promomonger.com/easiest-way-to-make-your-tasty-flavoursome-pasta-salad/

(1) (Reply)

What Name Can Be Given To This Fruit/flower? (photos) / How To Prepare Chin-chin For Your Festive Period / Vitamins (a-k). Food Source And Their Significance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.