Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori (3554 Views)

FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms / Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida / FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2010
The Nigerian government has no diplomatic strength anywhere in the world, Our Embassies are a bunch of run down 'pawn shops' and the staff are illiterate 'yes men' with no training whatsoever in international relations. I've visited the Nigerian consulate in Shanghai in the past and the staff was busy watching TB Joshua online and couldn't attend to me!

I have my own theory of the issue - The UAE and the UK governments have strong ties and a request has been made by the London met police for Ibori to be extradited to the Uk where he also face criminal charges. UAE will definitely kick him out, they have no use for a 'no brain' criminal like Ibori, question is where should he be sent? Nigeria or UK?

Ibori is already making a case of being persecuted by the Nigerian government and therefore feels his life is at risk in the motherland, which is a fundamental human right abuse while the UK will promise a fair trial.

If Nigeria has any sense, they shouldnt cut off ties with the UAE or threaten any form of mischief. Instead, they should have a proper sitting between officials of the UK, UAE and Nigeria to determine the proper steps. Personally, i dont care where he is sent to as long as he rots in prison!
Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by CarlosVent(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2010
dey shuld go ahead.

dubai is taking us as a piece of rag.

dat ibori needs to b gotten into Nigeria and so he can smel ikaja prison
Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by otawa: 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s battle with Chief James Ibori might have assumed a diplomatic dimension as the Federal Government is considering withdrawing the operating licence of Emirates Airline, a Presidency source told Sunday Punch in Abuja on Friday.

if this is true, that confirms GJ is a worthless fellow.

How much did Ibori steal that they want to follow this line of action?

UK is still keeping Nigeria's $2.1 billion from Abacha.

When are they going to go after Virgin and BA?

*** HISSS****
Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 07, 2010
CarlosVent:

dey shuld go ahead.

dubai is taking us as a piece of rag.

dat ibori needs to b gotten into Nigeria and so he can smel ikaja prison

oh i think Nigerians are generally treated as pieces of rags. Nobody takes us seriously because we have been represented by idiots who sleep away during international functions that affect us directly or indirectly.
Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by mrkoma2012: 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2010
The law itself is not working.It should be changed so that all their assests will be seized and then,the accused will have to proved how it was acquired
Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by hollyjolly: 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2010
my prayer is one by one all these corrupt officials, they will be caught or atleast suffer sleepless nights
Re: Fg Considers Withdrawing Emirates Airlines Licence Over Ibori by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2010
mrkoma2012:

The law itself is not working.It should be changed so that all their assests will be seized and then, the accused will have to proved how it was acquired

The onus of proof is always on the accuser, not the accused. It is the duty of the relevant law-enforcement agencies to prove that such suspicious assets were acquired illegally, otherwise the accused can claim that he woke up one morning to find £1b in his bedroom; and you can only disbelieve but not disprove that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Had A Hand In Saraki's Victory. / Why Did Nzeogwu Never Tell Obasunjo About The Coup He Was Planning? / Igbos Are Gifted, Envied By Their Neighbours- US Dept. Of State (Kissinger Memo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.