Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,752 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final (45632 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 / Iran Vs Spain: World Cup (0 - 1) On 20th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by LordAdamX: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bahddo:
just so you know, he also is called Divenaldo. The reason why he is called that answers your first question.

The other questions don't make any sense. You are the one that brought up the Penaldo nickname, and I'm explained how he got nicknamed thus.

Divenaldo is hardly as common as Penaldo. Try something else.

Bottom line is Messi fans call him Penaldo; CR7 fans call Messi Missi. The other questions are very clear, if you can't answer them; then STFU!

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by LordAdamX: 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bahddo:
*another yawn* you are boring dude.

The fact is, the world would have gone ballistic if it was Messi that missed this penalty and escaped with a yellow card for elbowing another player.

We all know who the better footballer is, and everyone expects more from him all the time.

And you think this excuse of a reply is HOT?

Dude get off your meds. CR7 already has 4 goals that got Portugal 4 points. Messi has nada goals yet. Ronaldo stepped up twice, Messi failed twice. Ronaldo missing a penalty does not erase that fact; which is why the world has not gone ballistic.

-Lord

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Unblockable: 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

The other GOAT contenders don't think Messi "is far ahead of" CR7. Pele and Maradona are on record for saying they'd rather have Ronaldo than Messi in their team. And Zidane said CR7 is better than him. So if legitimate GOAT contenders have said that, why should I listen to your opinion.

In fact, your "far ahead" statement has exposed the fact that you are a Messi fanatic! No reasonable person says Messi is "far ahead" of CR7!

Moreover, I don't want to debate who is better. Your opinion is your opinion, and mine is mine. At the end of the day you can't convince me otherwise, and I'm willing to bet I can't convince you either.

-Lord

Been following this debate since and never wanted to talk. But this particular lie caught my attention. Pele never said Ronaldo is better than Messi. In fact, he said Neymar should never be compared to Ronaldo because he plays Messi's kinda style.

He said though Ronaldo is a great goalscorer but when it comes to play making he doesn't come anywhere near these two guys.

The bold below is what Pele said:

“I would still stay with Messi. Scoring is important, no doubt, but if you do not have anyone to prepare, then the ball is not enough. For my team I prefer Messi.”

Pele added on the differences between Messi and Ronaldo: "Messi's been the most stable in the last 10 years.

"As for Cristiano Ronaldo, he's a great goalscorer.

"Ronaldo's been able to score goals, while you see Messi creating goals and directing the play, as well as scoring.

"Ronaldo's a great goalscorer but in terms of the complete player, there's no doubt that Messi is the best."

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/messi-v-ronaldo-brazil-legend-pele-picks-his-winner/10svur5tbeb9q1wdfsjgnbzlbj

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5285243/Pele-chooses-Lionel-Messi-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html

You don't have to lie to support that overhyped flop.

16 Likes

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by ManiCypher(m): 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
Remember that CR7 also missed a PK in the Euros group stage. And we all know how the Euro ended, don't we
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by LordAdamX: 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
Unblockable:

Been following this debate since and never wanted to talk. But this particular lie caught my attention. Pele never said Ronaldo is better than Messi. In fact, he said Neymar should never be compared to Ronaldo because he plays Messi's kinda style.

He said though Ronaldo is a great goalscorer but when it comes to play making he doesn't come anywhere near these two guys.

The bold below is what Pele said:

“I would still stay with Messi. Scoring is important, no doubt, but if you do not have anyone to prepare, then the ball is not enough. For my team I prefer Messi.”

Pele added on the differences between Messi and Ronaldo: "Messi's been the most stable in the last 10 years.

"As for Cristiano Ronaldo, he's a great goalscorer.

"Ronaldo's been able to score goals, while you see Messi creating goals and directing the play, as well as scoring.

"Ronaldo's a great goalscorer but in terms of the complete player, there's no doubt that Messi is the best."

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/messi-v-ronaldo-brazil-legend-pele-picks-his-winner/10svur5tbeb9q1wdfsjgnbzlbj

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5285243/Pele-chooses-Lionel-Messi-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html

You don't have to lie to support that overhyped flop.

Pele: I'd Pick Ronaldo Over Messi For My Team

If I had to set up a national team, he would be my first pick.

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/messi-ronaldo-neymar-watch-1/pele-i-d-pick-cristiano-ronaldo-over-lionel-messi-for-my-team/232238

Not everyone has to lie like you Messi c*nts!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Bahddo(m): 11:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
LordAdamX:

Dude get off your meds. CR7 already has 4 goals that got Portugal 4 points. Messi has nada goals yet. Ronaldo stepped up twice, Messi failed twice. Ronaldo missing a penalty does not erase that fact; which is why the world has not gone ballistic.

-Lord
lol. It was just Messi's first game when he missed the penalty. So the failing twice is a ridiculous answer.

The only area in which Ronaldo is able to compete with Messi (scoring goals especially penalties), and he isn't even as good as you'd like every one to think.

If Spain didn't just concede two goals against Morocco in a draw - Morocco that everyone else in the group beat without conceding we might all have been tricked into believing that Spain has an organised defense.

I'm also amused at how all of you now making noise were painfully silent in 2014 until after Germany narrowly won. Come back when Ronaldo is able to inspire his team into the world cup semis.

6 Likes

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
somehow:
VAR is screwing football up jare. we don't want it.

Sorry bro I didn't see the match

What exactly is wrong with VAR?

I like it because it helps the referee make the best decisions

The few games I saw VAR intervene, I was impressed
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
grin
jagorinho:
you deserve an oil well!!!

grin
Baba I no mind!

1 Like

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by tafat: 12:15am On Jun 26, 2018
if i had placed a draw on this game, only God knows how much i would have cashed in from betway.ng now
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by FoolishBoy419: 12:21am On Jun 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

Who said Ronaldo never misses?

And how are Ronaldo fans silent? Ronaldo shouldn't have missed the penalty. It was a penalty that relied on the GK going the wrong way rather than beating the GK even if he went the right way. By his standards, it's a poor penalty.

But I'd rather have Ronaldo play a penalty in a crucial game than Messi. It's as simple as that. There's a reason why Messi fans mocked him as Penaldo; and CR7 fans christened Messi as Missi.

-Lord

You are not making sense. Messi has a much much better penalty success rate than penaldo

3 Likes

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by FoolishBoy419: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

-Lord

Messi can go home without a single goal as far as we are concerned. He has proved himself by winning the golden boot and not only qualifying but even reaching the finals. Lets see how your goat will get the golden boot. Especially after facing Suarez and Cavanigrin

4 Likes

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by FoolishBoy419: 12:33am On Jun 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

The other GOAT contenders don't think Messi "is far ahead of" CR7. Pele and Maradona are on record for saying they'd rather have Ronaldo than Messi in their team. And Zidane said CR7 is better than him. So if legitimate GOAT contenders have said that, why should I listen to your opinion.

In fact, your "far ahead" statement has exposed the fact that you are a Messi fanatic! No reasonable person says Messi is "far ahead" of CR7!

Moreover, I don't want to debate who is better. Your opinion is your opinion, and mine is mine. At the end of the day you can't convince me otherwise, and I'm willing to bet I can't convince you either.

-Lord

Kindly tell us when Pele said Ronaldo is better than Messi. As for zidane who would expect him to say otherwise? he was his coach and he spent years at real madrid. same way Ronaldinho will be biased in favour of Messi

4 Likes

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by uzoma213(m): 12:54am On Jun 26, 2018
LordAdamX:

Who said Ronaldo never misses?

And how are Ronaldo fans silent? Ronaldo shouldn't have missed the penalty. It was a penalty that relied on the GK going the wrong way rather than beating the GK even if he went the right way. By his standards, it's a poor penalty.

But I'd rather have Ronaldo play a penalty in a crucial game than Messi. It's as simple as that. There's a reason why Messi fans mocked him as Penaldo; and CR7 fans christened Messi as Missi.

-Lord

on point bro
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by uzoma213(m): 12:59am On Jun 26, 2018
nelsonebby:
fool

Ronaldo didn’t score any goal in the knockout stage.

You fuckss don’t watch football
Y’all are just ass lickers grin
you are a biggest fool...so he didn't score against Wales abi? I pity your life
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by uzoma213(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

You are not making sense. Messi has a much much better penalty success rate than penaldo
pity for your old age quanu....tufiaqwa

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by ernieboy(m): 4:39am On Jun 26, 2018
rentAcock:
The country, not the team
how is Nigeria a Muslim country? ode.

1 Like

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by rentAcock(m): 4:42am On Jun 26, 2018
ernieboy:
how is Nigeria a Muslim country? ode.
Mumu, majority of her citizens are Muslims, that's how.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by ernieboy(m): 4:47am On Jun 26, 2018
rentAcock:

Mumu, majority of her citizens are Muslims, that's how.
ignoramus, which majority?

1 Like

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by rentAcock(m): 4:48am On Jun 26, 2018
ernieboy:
ignoramus, which majority?
Dullard, ask your father
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by ernieboy(m): 4:53am On Jun 26, 2018
rentAcock:
Dullard, ask your father
mumu squared
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by spanzed(m): 5:15am On Jun 26, 2018
Jarus:
What an interesting game. Iran should be the best of the rest - the 17th best team in WC after the 16 that will go through.

Iran has been very impressive.

I noticed this from last WC when they drew Nigeria and Argentina managed a 1-0 over them.

They are a very, very stubborn team. Hardly score, but hardly concede more than 1.
Atletico Madrid of World cup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Ijaya123: 5:32am On Jun 26, 2018
milemimi93:

Who the F is he? I will chose Musa over CR7 any day any time

Ask FIFA. Your choice, your world.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by LordAdamX: 6:16am On Jun 26, 2018
Bahddo:
lol. It was just Messi's first game when he missed the penalty. So the failing twice is a ridiculous answer.

The only area in which Ronaldo is able to compete with Messi (scoring goals especially penalties), and he isn't even as good as you'd like every one to think.

If Spain didn't just concede two goals against Morocco in a draw - Morocco that everyone else in the group beat without conceding we might all have been tricked into believing that Spain has an organised defense.

I'm also amused at how all of you now making noise were painfully silent in 2014 until after Germany narrowly won. Come back when Ronaldo is able to inspire his team into the world cup semis.

Ronaldo played with a niggling knee injury in 2014. Messi had only 4 goals and 1 assist in that entire tournament. All his goals came in the group stages. Much like Ronaldo in this World Cup.

And Ronaldo went to the semis of the 2006 World Cup!

Come back when Messi wins an international tournament.

Dumbito!

-Lord
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by LordAdamX: 6:22am On Jun 26, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

How?

All-Time Global conversion rate as at today

Ronaldo: 82.09%
Messi: 76.64%

https://michelacosta.com/en/messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-penalties-missed-and-scored/

LIAR!

-Lord

FoolishBoy419:

Messi can go home without a single goal as far as we are concerned. He has proved himself by winning the golden boot and not only qualifying but even reaching the finals. Lets see how your goat will get the golden boot. Especially after facing Suarez and Cavanigrin

CR7 has won the Euros. He has gotten to the World Cup Semi Finals. And he has scored as many goals in 2018 as Messi scored in 2014.

CR7 doesn't have to prove himself to anyone.

FoolishBoy419:

Kindly tell us when Pele said Ronaldo is better than Messi. As for zidane who would expect him to say otherwise? he was his coach and he spent years at real madrid. same way Ronaldinho will be biased in favour of Messi

Do a simple research.

Pele: I'd Pick Ronaldo Over Messi For My Team

If I had to set up a national team, he would be my first pick.

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/messi-ronaldo-neymar-watch-1/pele-i-d-pick-cristiano-ronaldo-over-lionel-messi-for-my-team/232238

You're a confirmed Messi clown; so this is my last reply to you!

Your opinion of CR7 doesn't concern me.

-Lord
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by marvel15(m): 7:04am On Jun 26, 2018
we no hear anytin now wen penaldo lose penalty yesterday oooh..if it was messi d world will knw..u pple are hypocritess

1 Like

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by sparkle6(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2018
Ronaldo missed the pk to wish Messi happy birthday. You dont want to have heart attack on your birth day.
score soon messi.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by izzou(m): 7:12am On Jun 26, 2018
ADENIKETINA2015:
At least he didn't miss a penalty when they needed it but someone did and that could have saved them from group stage elimination tongue

Ccu cool

You have been handsomely replied

I have nothing to add. grin

Help me greet Penaldo aka Tapnaldo aka Headnaldo aka Missnaldo when you see him cool

1 Like

Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Draei: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

With this lame statement of yours, its better people don't argue with you cuz It's clear you've been watching cricket not football.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by sparkle6(m): 7:15am On Jun 26, 2018
Bahddo:

Its better to crash out in the knockout stages than being knocked out after reaching the finals.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by sparkle6(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2018
izzou:

You have been handsomely replied

I have nothing to add. grin

Help me greet Penaldo aka Tapnaldo aka Headnaldo aka Missnaldo when you see him cool
The ronaldo u cast dont even know u? you dnt exist in his world. just a messi ass licker on boringland eating himself raw at sum1 success.
Ordinary ball u cannot trap.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by sparkle6(m): 7:24am On Jun 26, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Look at this one. Messi doesnt even reach ronaldo there.
get your facts rite mehn.
do some research before exposing your classy ignorance.
Re: Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final by Sahaboi(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2018
joshrare:

Judging from Iranian last game I never expected the Portuguese to defeat them cheaply..... hence I punt x2&u3.5 but those mumu Spaniards couldn't beat Morocco....
So for me it's bleep Costa... lol..... different strokes for different folks.....

nah so o...buh if d guy have scored d penalty..dey would v win successfully..really pain m..last game sga

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger / NBA Teammates Pranked A Basketballer By Filling His ₦50.6m Audi R8 With Popcorn / Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.