Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" (21039 Views)

Jerry Kumuyi, Pastor Kumuyi's Son Confesses About His Salvation / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Fredmatic(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
rabzy:

Once saved is not always saved. In fact a salvation is not sure until the prize has been received and that is why by enduring to the end, salvation is attained.
I know you are Jehovah witnesse person, bcus I kn the way you people talk.
Is true that once save is not always save but you can be sure of yousel that you are save it u truly depart from sin, and work in the light of God as a born again person.
I can't remember that scripture, but Paul said he keep his body under control so that he wil not be regected or cast away,(ie not sining)after winning soul to the kingdom, but at that point he was sure he had salvation and not sth when you get to heaven before you know if u are save or not
So if as a beleiver you somehow for into sin, quickly repent of it and move on(ie for the genuine born again once not the born again sinners, who hide under grace to continually commit sin)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by rabzy: 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

A soul who has been "born of God" cannot be a serial rapist. Because the incorruptible life and nature of God is in him..

Anybody born of God can become anything. That's why the Bible cautioned that let us those who are standing beware lest they should fall. The angels that have been with God for aeons sinned in the time of Noah and became corruptible
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by rabzy: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
Fredmatic:

I know you are Jehovah witnesse person, bcus I kn the way you people talk.
Is true that once save is not always save but you can be sure of yousel that you are save it u truly depart from sin, and work in the light of God as a born again person.
I can't remember that scripture, but Paul said he keep his body under control so that he wil not be regected or cast away,(ie not sining)after winning soul to the kingdom, but at that point he was sure he had salvation and not sth when you get to heaven before you know if u are save or not
So if as a beleiver you somehow for into sin, quickly repent of it and move on(ie for the genuine born again once not the born again sinners, who hide under grace to continually commit sin)

I agree with all you have said, he said continues to pummel his body and lead it as a slave, he knows he is saved if he continues to do so, he must not stop. That is the same reason Satan came to tempt Jesus, and when he failed, the scriptures said he went until another convenient time. Satan knows there is a chance for any human to turn, he was trying to get Jesus to lose out on salvation.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by HigherEd: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

A soul who has been "born of God" cannot be a serial rapist. Because the incorruptible life and nature of God is in him..
Lol you want to confuse yourself abi. Before we go further can you tell me what it means to be" born of God"
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
HigherEd:

Lol you want to confuse yourself abi. Before we go further can you tell me what it means to be" born of God"

It is to have God's life and nature in you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by gabicon: 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
paxonel:
do you realize what oyedepo says?
He is saying that Names are being blotted out in Heaven (Book of life) every second.

EVerÿ SECOND ?

Ahhhhhh!!! grin grin grin

Which scripture

The bigger question is what is the reason for names being blotted out? Answer is SIN

Another question is if someone who commits sin drops dead this moment where will they go?

Will their names still be in the book of life?

How many people sin on a per second billing?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
rabzy:

Anybody born of God can become anything. That's why the Bible cautioned that let us those who are standing beware lest they should fall. The angels that have been with God for aeons sinned in the time of Noah and became corruptible

What you are simply saying is God can become anything which is impossible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by paxonel(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
gabicon:

The bigger question is what is the reason for names being blotted out? Answer is SIN
wrong answer!!!
this is why oyedepo is making the mistake

Another question is if someone who commits sin drops dead this moment where will they go?
it depend on whether the person is a christian or a Muslim or other religions.
Ofcourse everyone commit sin(christians and non christians alike), sometimes they die with their sin just like the thieves who were crucified with christ died of their sin. But what were the difference between the two thieves?
One ended up believing and the other refuses to believe.

So, it's all about the faith and not whether the person commit sin or not.

How many people sin on a per second billing?
like i have said, everyone commit sin as frequently as we blink our eyes(less than micro seconds) that's why God will never look at our sinfulness but our faith in christ.

Now, every christian already have faith in christ irrespective of their sin i don't know what oyedepo is talking.
Does he think we don't know all these?

It's true that many christians don't know these that's why they will never be free from pastors.

Remember, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Stephaustin(m): 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
mukthar2000:
Peter Ovie Akus Wrote:
Going by the recent utterances of Bishop David Oyedepo, it is clear that both him and his church are now suffering from the unintended effects of the anti-corruption war.
First, he said that if it be the will of God, then Nigeria should break up.
Second, he proclaimed that Buhari's government has failed.
Now, He indirectly referred to Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo as a "Mumu".

For many years, as someone born, bred, and buttered in charismatic circles, I have often wondered about the logicality of a Church owning private jets and other multi-billion naira assets without being able to boast of a single Billionnaire businessman in the church.
How come the Pastor is usually the richest and biggest giver in a church where 80% of it's members are wallowing in poverty?
The recent revelations in court, and in some media houses have revealed the truth.
Many of Nigeria's respected Clergy were actually on the payroll of both the federal and state governments. Pastor Enoch Adeboye of RCCG has been fingered in this scam but he has said through his spokespersons that the money is not given to him personally but to the church.
Daddy Freeze's assertion that a lot of Nigeria's stolen money found it's way into the church is also true.
Recent revelations from the courts have shown that a lot of corrupt money flowed into Nigeria's pentecostal churches.
Remember when Governor Rotimi Amaechi told us that N7 Billion naira was given to the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), to secure the support of the Clergy for the PDP in the 2015 elections?
Nobody believed him them. But he was damn right.
Today, Buhari's anti-corruption war has significantly affected the finances of the church contrary to their long-held claims of enjoying divine supplies and living above the economy of the country.
Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's private jet is now on lease because he can no longer afford to maintain it. Even the Bishop of Ota, is now struggling to complete his 100,000 capacity church, 3 years after he launched it. Secondary school students now go on excursions to the airport to view his jets for a fee so as to raise money to maintain them.
So many churches now have uncompleted church building projects because the looters are no longer "sowing into the work of the ministry like before".

If not for anything, I'd prefer Buhari rules Nigeria for 8 years so that the weaknesses of these churches will be further exposed and hopefully a few would collapse like the wall of Jericho.

Selah!

Peter Ovie Akus

Please can you help me with links to some of these claims; they will be helpful.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Bodlove(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
Where and when did he said so, stop the act of posting false info in the name of getting Drive in an unnecessary discussions......... Christianity Is not meant for chit-chat as nothing is hide to anyone
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by imhere: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nothing but the truth sir, may God continue to bless you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by HigherEd: 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

It is to have God's life and nature in you.
How do you get God's life and nature in you?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Tenniebae(f): 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
All this wannabes daddy freeze on nairaland will come ere n be spewing rubbish...if u believe,fine...dnt come ere n start showcasing ur nonsense
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Maestro21: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2018
It depends on what he means.

MOG should simply teach scriptures and not what they hope or think. To that end I don't think scriptures support his position in the context I think he has used it.

First off, when are names written in the book of life and whose names are there? Many say when they get saved their names get there but scriptures don't say that.

Second, when are names blotted out? People say when you sin, but scriptures don't lend credence to that.

Third, "Stay on in righteousness" presupposes that the individual was responsible for getting himself righteous in the first place. Again, this does not line up with new testament teachings in the bible.

Fourth, "If your name isn't there, strive for your name to enter". Two things are cringeworthy here: 1. That one can know that their names are NOT written in the book. This again, is incongruent with anything in scripture. 2. the second half of the sentence again amplifies the importance of works/self-righteousness/self-effort over the finished works of christ. As though, one individual's good works is powerful enough to measure up with what christ did for all. As I have maintained all through, absolutely nothing in scriptures back any of these statements.

If the teaching is that someone who was in the faith could denounce the faith and end up in hell, I agree 100%. But then that does not mean a christian LOST his salvation. It just means the Christian decided to abandon it and become an apostate.

The bible, however suggests copiously that a christian cannot go to hell. So if the issue is if a christian sins before they die where do they go? The answer is simple. A christian CANNOT go to hell because sin is not greater than righteousness: so if an unbeliever does not qualify for heaven because they did something good before they died, in the same manner, a christian cannot qualify for hell because they did something wrong.

After all, Jesus did not die on the cross this evening. It happened 2000+ years ago. So he died for every sin anyone could have ever committed after he left this world and before he came to the world.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Castedguy(m): 1:01am On Jun 26, 2018
Sarkin:
OK. You have your "God" and we have ours and that's the God of Jesus.

All I know is there is only one God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. And Jesus Christ is His only begotten Son who died and on the third day rose again from the dead according to the Holy Scriptures. Therefore God has exalted Him above all things and names, and sat Him down at His mighty right hand.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Castedguy(m): 1:05am On Jun 26, 2018
paxonel:
this is not scripture good enough to support oyedepos assertion

Hebrews 6:4-6, 2 Peter 2:20-23, John 8:11, John 8:35.

Faith without works is dead.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Edu3Again: 2:51am On Jun 26, 2018
paxonel:
very true!
But that will not happen in a second as oyedepo is putting it
Yep it's possible but hard to loose ur salvation!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by aku626(m): 6:10am On Jun 26, 2018
Dongreat:

You tried answering and you even gave a verse which was impressive but you still didn’t get the answer.
Don’t worry either as I am not judging incest practice here which is highly forbidden.
The Bible does not specifically say who Cain’s wife was. The only possible answer is that Cain's wife was his sister or niece or great-niece, etc. The Bible does not say how old Cain was when he killed Abel (Genesis 4:cool. Since they were both farmers, they were likely both full-grown adults, possibly with families of their own. Adam and Eve surely had given birth to more children than just Cain and Abel at the time Abel was killed. They definitely had many more children later (Genesis 5:4)as quoted earlier. The fact that Cain was scared for his own life after he killed Abel (Genesis 4:14) and didn’t want other people(most likely his siblings) to kill him indicates that there were likely many other children and perhaps even grandchildren of Adam and Eve already living at that time. Cain's wife (Genesis 4:17) was a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by paxonel(m): 6:39am On Jun 26, 2018
Edu3Again:

Yep it's possible but hard to loose ur salvation!
to loose your salvation is so difficult like someone trying to convince you who was brought up from childhood to be a christian to become a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by paxonel(m): 6:58am On Jun 26, 2018
Castedguy:

Hebrews 6:4-6, 2 Peter 2:20-23, John 8:11, John 8:35.

Faith without works is dead.
faith without works dead, this is the explanation.
When a christian commit sin he has broken the law (the 10 commandments). That means he is no more keeping the works of the law, and when that happens his salvation cannot save him from the consequences of his action.
For instance, if the christian commits armed robbery and he is hanged to death by the law, there is nothing his salvation as a christian can do to save him from that death,he must face the law and consequences of this action. This is where faith without work is dead applies. Remember, the thief who accepted Jesus at his crucifixion was killed as well. His decision to accept christ at that point did not stop his execution.
But that notwithstanding, when he died he was saved from going to hell simply because he believed in christ before he was killed. At this point, faith without works is dead, do not apply anymore.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:32am On Jun 26, 2018
HigherEd:

How do you get God's life and nature in you?

By believing/abiding in Jesus Christ.
Note! If your believing does not cause you to change and be transformed, then you are not believing right.

It is either you are believing with your mouth and not with your heart. Thereby, deceiving yourself in the process. I hope through the grace of my Lord Jesus, I have shed some light.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by rabzy: 7:52am On Jun 26, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

What you are simply saying is God can become anything which is impossible.

That is simply not what I said or implied, you are the one stretching the matter to God, God is infallible. The Bible said it is impossible for God to lie. Job 34:10 says it is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the almighty to do wrong. James 1v13 says God cannot be tried with evil things.
So that puts God in a totally different pedestal to everyone else. God can not sin, while any man can sin. So everyone born from God is not the same as God, he is never anyone's equal in all ramifications. Those Bible verses I quoted does not apply to anyone else but God alone.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Jegeden: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2018
First, the term Christian must be defined. A “Christian” is not a person who has said a prayer or walked down an aisle or been raised in a Christian family. While each of these things can be a part of the Christian experience, they are not what makes a Christian. A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).

So, with this definition in mind, can a Christian lose salvation? It’s a crucially important question. Perhaps the best way to answer it is to examine what the Bible says occurs at salvation and to study what losing salvation would entail:

A Christian is a new creation. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). A Christian is not simply an “improved” version of a person; a Christian is an entirely new creature. He is “in Christ.” For a Christian to lose salvation, the new creation would have to be destroyed.

A Christian is redeemed. “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect” (1 Peter 1:18–19). The word redeemed refers to a purchase being made, a price being paid. We were purchased at the cost of Christ’s death. For a Christian to lose salvation, God Himself would have to revoke His purchase of the individual for whom He paid with the precious blood of Christ.

A Christian is justified. “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1). To justify is to declare righteous. All those who receive Jesus as Savior are “declared righteous” by God. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and “un-declare” what He had previously declared. Those absolved of guilt would have to be tried again and found guilty. God would have to reverse the sentence handed down from the divine bench.

A Christian is promised eternal life. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Eternal life is the promise of spending forever in heaven with God. God promises, “Believe and you will have eternal life.” For a Christian to lose salvation, eternal life would have to be redefined. The Christian is promised to live forever. Does eternal not mean “eternal”?

A Christian is marked by God and sealed by the Spirit. “You also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13–14). At the moment of faith, the new Christian is marked and sealed with the Spirit, who was promised to act as a deposit to guarantee the heavenly inheritance. The end result is that God’s glory is praised. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to erase the mark, withdraw the Spirit, cancel the deposit, break His promise, revoke the guarantee, keep the inheritance, forego the praise, and lessen His glory.

A Christian is guaranteed glorification. “Those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:30). According to Romans 5:1, justification is ours at the moment of faith. According to Romans 8:30, glorification comes with justification. All those whom God justifies are promised to be glorified. This promise will be fulfilled when Christians receive their perfect resurrection bodies in heaven. If a Christian can lose salvation, then Romans 8:30 is in error, because God could not guarantee glorification for all those whom He predestines, calls, and justifies.

A Christian cannot lose salvation. Most, if not all, of what the Bible says happens to us when we receive Christ would be invalidated if salvation could be lost. Salvation is the gift of God, and God’s gifts are “irrevocable” (Romans 11:29). A Christian cannot be un-newly created. The redeemed cannot be unpurchased. Eternal life cannot be temporary. God cannot renege on His Word. Scripture says that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2).

Two common objections to the belief that a Christian cannot lose salvation concern these experiential issues: 1) What about Christians who live in a sinful, unrepentant lifestyle? 2) What about Christians who reject the faith and deny Christ? The problem with these objections is the assumption that everyone who calls himself a “Christian” has actually been born again. The Bible declares that a true Christian will not live a state of continual, unrepentant sin (1 John 3:6). The Bible also says that anyone who departs the faith is demonstrating that he was never truly a Christian (1 John 2:19). He may have been religious, he may have put on a good show, but he was never born again by the power of God. “By their fruit you will recognize them” (Matthew 7:16). The redeemed of God belong “to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God” (Romans 7:4).

Nothing can separate a child of God from the Father’s love (Romans 8:38–39). Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28–29). God guarantees eternal life and maintains the salvation He has given us. The Good Shepherd searches for the lost sheep, and, “when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home” (Luke 15:5–6). The lamb is found, and the Shepherd gladly bears the burden; our Lord takes full responsibility for bringing the lost one safely home.

Jude 24–25 further emphasizes the goodness and faithfulness of our Savior: “To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Jegeden: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2018
First, the term Christian must be defined. A “Christian” is not a person who has said a prayer or walked down an aisle or been raised in a Christian family. While each of these things can be a part of the Christian experience, they are not what makes a Christian. A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).

So, with this definition in mind, can a Christian lose salvation? It’s a crucially important question. Perhaps the best way to answer it is to examine what the Bible says occurs at salvation and to study what losing salvation would entail:

A Christian is a new creation. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). A Christian is not simply an “improved” version of a person; a Christian is an entirely new creature. He is “in Christ.” For a Christian to lose salvation, the new creation would have to be destroyed.

A Christian is redeemed. “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect” (1 Peter 1:18–19). The word redeemed refers to a purchase being made, a price being paid. We were purchased at the cost of Christ’s death. For a Christian to lose salvation, God Himself would have to revoke His purchase of the individual for whom He paid with the precious blood of Christ.

A Christian is justified. “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1). To justify is to declare righteous. All those who receive Jesus as Savior are “declared righteous” by God. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to go back on His Word and “un-declare” what He had previously declared. Those absolved of guilt would have to be tried again and found guilty. God would have to reverse the sentence handed down from the divine bench.

A Christian is promised eternal life. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Eternal life is the promise of spending forever in heaven with God. God promises, “Believe and you will have eternal life.” For a Christian to lose salvation, eternal life would have to be redefined. The Christian is promised to live forever. Does eternal not mean “eternal”?

A Christian is marked by God and sealed by the Spirit. “You also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory” (Ephesians 1:13–14). At the moment of faith, the new Christian is marked and sealed with the Spirit, who was promised to act as a deposit to guarantee the heavenly inheritance. The end result is that God’s glory is praised. For a Christian to lose salvation, God would have to erase the mark, withdraw the Spirit, cancel the deposit, break His promise, revoke the guarantee, keep the inheritance, forego the praise, and lessen His glory.

A Christian is guaranteed glorification. “Those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified” (Romans 8:30). According to Romans 5:1, justification is ours at the moment of faith. According to Romans 8:30, glorification comes with justification. All those whom God justifies are promised to be glorified. This promise will be fulfilled when Christians receive their perfect resurrection bodies in heaven. If a Christian can lose salvation, then Romans 8:30 is in error, because God could not guarantee glorification for all those whom He predestines, calls, and justifies.

A Christian cannot lose salvation. Most, if not all, of what the Bible says happens to us when we receive Christ would be invalidated if salvation could be lost. Salvation is the gift of God, and God’s gifts are “irrevocable” (Romans 11:29). A Christian cannot be un-newly created. The redeemed cannot be unpurchased. Eternal life cannot be temporary. God cannot renege on His Word. Scripture says that God cannot lie (Titus 1:2).

Two common objections to the belief that a Christian cannot lose salvation concern these experiential issues: 1) What about Christians who live in a sinful, unrepentant lifestyle? 2) What about Christians who reject the faith and deny Christ? The problem with these objections is the assumption that everyone who calls himself a “Christian” has actually been born again. The Bible declares that a true Christian will not live a state of continual, unrepentant sin (1 John 3:6). The Bible also says that anyone who departs the faith is demonstrating that he was never truly a Christian (1 John 2:19). He may have been religious, he may have put on a good show, but he was never born again by the power of God. “By their fruit you will recognize them” (Matthew 7:16). The redeemed of God belong “to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God” (Romans 7:4).

Nothing can separate a child of God from the Father’s love (Romans 8:38–39). Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28–29). God guarantees eternal life and maintains the salvation He has given us. The Good Shepherd searches for the lost sheep, and, “when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home” (Luke 15:5–6). The lamb is found, and the Shepherd gladly bears the burden; our Lord takes full responsibility for bringing the lost one safely home.

Jude 24–25 further emphasizes the goodness and faithfulness of our Savior: “To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Ubenedictus(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2018
SalC:
So the gospel of " once saved always saved" is now a lie.
We are watching in 3D

Ubenedictus come and see.
wow

thank you for tagging me.

unbelievable, the Protestants are protesting against their own heresies. that is how we got over 30,000 contradictory, confusing denominations

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Jegeden: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2018

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by UbiPetrus: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ubenedictus:
wow

thank you for tagging me.

unbelievable, the Protestants are protesting against their own heresies. that is how we got over 30,000 contradictory, confusing denominations
That kind thing. When the foundation is faulty, what can the righteous do? A house divided against itself cannot stand. At best, it stands on sinking sand.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by Ubenedictus(m): 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
UbiPetrus:
That kind thing. When the foundation is faulty, what can the righteous do? A house divided against itself cannot stand. At best, it stands on sinking sand.
exactly! a kingdom against itself
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
rabzy:

That is simply not what I said or implied, you are the one stretching the matter to God, God is infallible. The Bible said it is impossible for God to lie. Job 34:10 says it is unthinkable for the true God to act wickedly, for the almighty to do wrong. James 1v13 says God cannot be tried with evil things.
So that puts God in a totally different pedestal to everyone else. God can not sin, while any man can sin. So everyone born from God is not the same as God, he is never anyone's equal in all ramifications. Those Bible verses I quoted does not apply to anyone else but God alone.

As infallible Jesus is so we are in this world. What God is, He has made us to be.

Every attribute of God is also by inheritance the attribute of his sons. "If indeed you are born of GOD, you are also infallible." An infallible God cannot begat fallible sons.

"Everything reproduce after their kind."
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by TheVictorious(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
HigherEd:
TheVictorious I can almost hear Joseph Prince and Wommack rolling their eyes already grin
What's is your opinion on this?

Lool. No bible verse I'm coming back bro! smiley grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by mikeaims: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2018
for that person speaking about Adam and eve as well as Cain and Abel. The Jewish people don't focus on the activities of women except it is crucial to a matter. for instance in New Testament , after Mary asked Jesus to do sth in wedding in Cana, nothing was heard from her until the crucifixion of Jesus.
Back to your question
Cain married his own sister. even though she wasnt mentioned. even Seth married his own sister. did u hear see anywhere there names were mentioned? No because in the old Jewish community men are more recognized and are the only people legible for inheritance.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" by mikeaims: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2018
Oyedepo is speaking for himself. By now I would have expected him to apologize for placing curses on FULANI herdsmen and Boko Haram instead of showing them love. He who has hatred and bitterness in him is not of Christ. He is not fit to stand in front of a large congregation to preach until he amends his ways. Cos he is extending his wicked mind to his church members.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sallah Ram: Man Hangs Self Over Lack Of Money To Buy Ram / Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam / Fire Breaks Out At Notre-dame Cathedral In Paris (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.