|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,743,696 members, 6,508,943 topics. Date: Monday, 27 September 2021 at 12:16 AM
|25 Amazing Kitchen Tips And Tricks You've Never Heard Off by information1: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2018|
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, all you need to do is to drop a peeled potato. The potato will consume the excess salt.
2. When you are boiling an egg, add a pinch of salt to avoid the shells from cracking.
3. Do not put any citrus fruits(Lemons, Oranges, limes, etc.) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures reduced the aroma and flavor of the fruits.
4. To clean iron cookware, never make use detergents. Scrub them with salt and dry paper towel.
5. If you stores empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky.
6. If you are cooking gravy(stew) and accidentally burn it, all you need to is to pour it into a clean pan and continue cooking it. Add sugar a little, taste it to avoid 'over-sugaring'it. The sugar will cancel out the burned taste.
7. Did you just Burn a pot of rice? Just place a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to draw out the burned flavor. Be careful not to scrape the burned fragments off of the bottom of the pan when serving the rice.
8. if you want to eat fresh red peppers, kindly rub small vegetable oil on your hands, and so your skin won’t absorb the spiciness.
9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about four inches of water. Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
10. To clear all ants from your kitchen, find out the source of there holes and cover the hole with petroleum jelly(Vaseline). Ants won’t trek through the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk. The little bugs also won’t cross a line of chalk.
11. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or a fruit bowl with other fruits. Split your bananas and place each of them in different places.
Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.
12. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag, just put an apple in with them.
13. If you have leftover wine, cocktail drinks, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy addition to sauces(white wine works wonders in sauces, i don't joke with them)
14. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your houseplants. The water contains some proper nutrients which will help your plants.
15. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. It doesn't only does tenderize the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw quicker. # Note every woman should have vinegar in her kitchen.
16. Never cry when you're peeling off onions, then try this. After peeling off your onions, refrigerate the onions for at least 5minutes, then dice.
17. For aluminum or fry pans that are looking dull, boil some apple peels in them. This tip will brighten up the aluminum and make your house smell good.
18. If your salt is becoming lumpy, put a few grains of rice in with it to absorb excess moisture.
19. Always keep an aloe vera plant in your kitchen. It’s invaluable when you scrape your arm or burn your finger. Just break off a leaf and rub the gel from the inside on the injury.
20. When making a soup, sauce, that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop in an ice cube. The ice will attract the fat, which you can then scoop out.
21. To re-use cooking oil without tasting whatever was cooked in the oil previously, cook a 1/4? A piece of ginger in the oil. This tip will remove any remaining flavors and odors.
22. If your milk always goes bad before you can finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton when you first open it. It will stay fresh days longer.
23. If two drinking glasses become stuck together after stacking, it’s not impossible to unstick them. Just put ice in the inner glass and dunk the outer glass in warm water. The warm drink will expand, and the cold glass will contract, making the glasses separate easily.
24. For splinters under the fingernail, soaking the affected finger in a bowl of milk with a piece of bread in it, This will definitely help.
Cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44 seun
|Re: 25 Amazing Kitchen Tips And Tricks You've Never Heard Off by mighty5050(m): 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2018|
|Re: 25 Amazing Kitchen Tips And Tricks You've Never Heard Off by pauladonis(m): 12:15pm On Jun 25, 2018|
Also, a lump of charcoal when dropped in a pot of sour egusi soup and boiled will absorb the sourness from it.
|Re: 25 Amazing Kitchen Tips And Tricks You've Never Heard Off by information1: 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2018|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52