Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force (15281 Views)

IGP Deploys Security Team To Osun Governor-Elect, Ademola Adeleke / IGP Deploys Special Forces As Anambra Gets New Police Commissioner / Lagos Police Deploys Special Constables To Formations Accross The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by miraclea: 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
When we say this government is reactive they said they were reactive the IG will only arrest the remaining Christian in the community while the fulani keep celebrating God is watching this government
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by omooba969(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
Special intervention force. grin
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
the topic should have been

IGP deploy inefficient squad.

plateau should be careful coz they are now coming in full force to massacre u people...

secure yourself...oooo

they are not coming to protect u...people
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by yrex01(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
To those shouting medicine after death.. What else do u want ? They deploy una go complain dey no deploy una go shout !! We r our own enemies !! Some lads don't even know what they want in life !! Argue with ur keypads I'm not feeling well
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by eodavids(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
"He said that two Counter Terrorism Units (CTU) and Police Intelligence Unit and conventional police personnel from other states have also been deployed to the affected areas"

The above post quoted from the official statement indicates that 'Counter Terrorism Units (CTU)..." Were deployed.

MY QUESTION: As counter terrorism units are being deployed; won't they be called terrorists that carried out the act??

Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
for Christ sake why do we have the NIA Nigerian intelligence agency .

what intelligence have they ever gathered

all of them will just stay in their offices and be receiving fat salaries for doing nothing
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by Akinpelumusibau: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
Transmission officer again, thunder fire U and Buhari for this killing everyday.
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by cytell56: 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ekiti360:
The Inspector-General of Police (I-G), Mr Ibrahim Idris, has deployed Special Intervention Force to Plateau to restore peace in Barkin-Ladi, Riyom, Jos South local government areas and other flash points in the state.

Many people were killed by gunmen on June 24 in Barkin-Ladi, Riyom, Jos South local government areas of plateau.

A statement by the Force Spokesman, acting DCP Jimoh Moshood, on Monday in Abuja, noted that two police aerial surveillance helicopters, five Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) and three Police Mobile Force Units (PMF) were deployed.

He said that two Counter Terrorism Units (CTU) and Police Intelligence Unit and conventional police personnel from other states have also been deployed to the affected areas.

Moshood added that the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of operations had relocated to Plateau on the directive of the I-G to coordinate and supervise the operations.

He noted that “the I-G has directed the Commissioner of Police in charge of I-G monitoring unit to lead the police special investigation team to the affected areas and other flash points in Plateau.”

He stated that the investigation team comprised the Intelligence Response Team (IRT), the Special Tactical Squad (STS) and the Technical Platforms.

He said “the team is to carry out thorough and discreet investigation into the killings and promptly apprehend those responsible.”

The spokesman added that the police special intervention force included personnel of Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID), a detachment of Police Explosive Ordinance Department (EOD), Police K9 (Sniffer Dogs Section), conventional policemen, special anti-robbery squads.

Moshood said that the team, which had started arriving, were already working with the police command in the state to restore peace and sustain normalcy in the affected areas.

He pointed out that “to achieve success in this operation, the team will be proactive and strict in the enforcement of its mandates, police standard operations procedures and rule of engagement will be fully adhered to.

“The police special intervention force will ensure full enforcement of the curfew imposed on the affected areas by the Plateau Government.”

The police spokesman noted that personnel of the special intervention force would carry out 24 hours surveillance and patrol, stop and search vehicles and suspected locations and hideouts of suspected assailants.

“The team will also engage in continuous raid of identified criminal hideouts and black spots, with a view to arrest those responsible for the killings and prevent any further attacks.”

He called on traditional rulers, religious leaders, community leaders, youth groups, public office holders, politicians, opinion leaders and parents to support the police.

Moshood also called on the public in the affected areas, other flash points or in any other location in the state with information to call the following numbers: 07059473022, 08038907662, 08075391844, and 09053872296.

http://kikiotolu.com/plateau-killings-i-g-deploys-special-intervention-force/

We hear this everyday
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by SalamRushdie: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
somehow:
So why then are you expecting the government to do anything since whatever they do is seen to you in this manner?

I stopped expecting anything from the Buhari govt since 2017
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by Lektu3(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
oh my state .......my local govt. This is enough let the youth stand as one and fight against apc and herdsmen ......how many are we remaing
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by luvmijeje(f): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
Good.
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by somehow: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
your problem. so let us be and stop boring us with your nagging even against positive things.

SalamRushdie:

I stopped expecting anything from the Buhari govt since 2017
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by BiggyBamBam: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
Transmission Special Intervention Force
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by jaytee01(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
Vote these killers out!!
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by uncjay(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
somehow:
So why then are you expecting the government to do anything since whatever they do is seen to you in this manner?

Mr. man just shut the fvck up. Are you naught? what are you really saying. pls tell me one thing the government is doing to safeguard the lives and properties of the people that just got massacred by Fulani herdsmen. why do we promote mediocrity in this country.

The Fulani herdsmen perpetrating this hideous act are not arrested and brought to justice not even to condemn the wicked act from the government. why are we fooling ourselves, how many Fulani herdsmen have paid the capital punishment for the incessant killings since its inception. Yet the moment some Christian kill a Fulani herdsman, five of them are to pay the capital punishment. With the many appeals to the government to revert the decision, they've. turned deaf hears. Even your MORIC organisation insisted they must be killed.

Now tell me, what has the government done for the victims of Fulani's evil. They don't have to pay for the killings of innocent people but others must pay for killing the Fulanis.
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by Tedpgrass: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
topcatking:
Too little too late. Whatever happened to pre-emptive thinking and action?

Exactemente!!!

These ?sporadic killings have gone on for too long...
As a layman, a certain MO is in use.

That should be thoroughly investigated,
A wider-range cover should be designed with other agencies if manpower is a problem.

There should be a centralised point of intelligence analysis and strategy formulation with discrete secret attacks on the marauders..

Then and only then, will these miscreants realise they have a formidable opposition..
Otherwise it remains an open field for them.to target at will!!

In todays 21st century, Tech gadgets are available to counter this insurgence effectively and decisively!!!

Mercy should be shown to the men who killed the herdsmen as we can see the exacting circumstances... a presidential pardon will be welcome and change the on-going negative narrative!!

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by somehow: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Mad man, go and take my medicine. i didn't cause your downfall in life na.
uncjay:

Mr. man just shut the fvck up. Are you naught? what are you really saying. pls tell me one thing the government is doing to safeguard the lives and properties of the people that just got massacred by Fulani herdsmen. why do we promote mediocrity in this country.

The Fulani herdsmen perpetrating this hideous act are not arrested and brought to justice not even to condemn the wicked act from the government. why are we fooling ourselves, how many Fulani herdsmen have paid the capital punishment for the incessant killings since its inception. Yet the moment some Christian kill a Fulani herdsman, five of them are to pay the capital punishment. With the many appeals to the government to revert the decision, they've. turned deaf hears. Even your MORIC organisation insisted they must be killed.

Now tell me, what has the government done for the victims of Fulani's evil. They don't have to pay for the killings of innocent people but others must pay for killing the Fulanis.
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by somehow: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Just as we have reaped what PDP sowed for 16 years.
Apcareterrorist:

May you ripe what Buhari sow. Amen
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by BiggyBamBam: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Selling of Cows is a PRIVATE BUSINESS

Nigerians are being killed left right and center because of a private business

No one has asked why the government is so interested in a private business?

Nigerian Students, why the silence?

Nigerian Youths, why the indifference?

Why is the government so involved in a private business that they want all states to contribute land for it?

So, any private citizen can slaughter another with impunity?

Citizens from Niger are being registered to vote in the North and the Media is keeping silent because of the fear of Bubu

What happens to the Nigerian Media of the Military years?

MURIC keep sponsoring Boko Haram and no one is saying anything

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by vineyardfarms: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
BOTH THE PRIVATE AND NATION'S TV STATIONS SHOULD SHOW THE GRAPHIC NATIONS OF THE KILLINGS BY THE FULANIS TO THE WORLD. WHILE THE SECURITY FOLD THEIR HANDS WATCHING. PLEATUES, RISE UP TO DEFEND YOURSELVES AGAINST THE ENEMY. YOUR LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS.
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Tedpgrass:

Exactemente!!!

This ?sporadic killings have gone on for too long...
As a layman, a certain MO is in use.

That should be thoroughly investigated,
A wider-range cover should be designed with other agencies if manpower is a problem.

There should be a centralised point of intelligence analysis and strategy formulation with discrete secret attacks on the marauders..

Then and only then, will these miscreants realise they have a formidable opposition..
Otherwise it remains an open field for them.to target at will!!

In todays 21st century, Tech gadgets are available to counter this insurgence effectively and decisively!!!

You Sir, are a 21st century man! A man that thinks! A man with Sense.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by uncjay(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
somehow:
Mad man, go and take my medicine. i didn't cause your downfall in life na.

Goat! don't worry very soon the killings will get to your door step, perhaps you are the next victim of the Fulani herdsmen. Useless asslicker, I know people like that masturbate your destiny away. You shall always remain a slave.
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by statusquoante: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Esseite:
Cant they start with arresting the culprits whom have taken responsibility?

Thank you o
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by begwong: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
Listing same thing you took to benue and shifting same to plateau. The helicopter that will be used to supply more ammunitions and food items to the foolanis in the bush abi?
Defend yourselves biko, don't wait on any deployment of foolish mopol
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by begwong: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
Listing same thing you took to benue and shifting same to plateau. The helicopter that will be used to supply more ammunitions and food items to the foolanis in the bush abi?
Defend yourselves biko, don't wait on any deployment of foolish mopol. ✈
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by somehow: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
uncjay:

Goat! don't worry very soon the killings will get to your door step, perhaps you are the next victim of the Fulani herdsmen. Useless asslicker, I know people like that masturbate your destiny away. You shall always remain a slave.

Like it started in 2015 shey hypocrite!

I guess this government removed your name from the list of ghost workers abi?

Frastrated degenerate
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by somehow: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
Apcareterrorist:

It will never be well with you and your government. Continue supporting this evil. It must surely get to your turn and family too

If it was well with you and your lineage, how come you guys are so unfortunate in life?
Re: Plateau Killings: IGP Deploys Special Intervention Force by uncjay(m): 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
somehow:

Like it started in 2015 shey hypocrite!

I guess this government removed your name from the list of ghost workers abi?

Frastrated degenerate

Dumb useless slave.

I'm not even into government related jobs, let alone being a ghost worker, that's by the way, your stupid head will always come up with useless excuses to justify terrible acts.

you shall remain a slave..... Goat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Nehikhare: PDP Isn't Not Responsible For Damaged Ize-Iyamu’s Billboards / Electoral Bill: Reps Minority Caucus Stages Walkout From Plenary / FG Grows National Grid Power Capacity To 14,000MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.