Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks (36842 Views)

One Million Boys: Biola 'Ebila' Killed In Reprisal Attack In Ibadan (Graphic) / Kodar Green, NDU Student Killed In Cultist Reprisal Attack In Bayelsa (Graphic) / Norsemen Confraternity Members Protest In Support Of SARS In Cross River. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Lomprico2: 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Sars rob, kidnap and kill innocent nigerians everyday.

I dont givafuck!!

12 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by GavelSlam: 9:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
olatade:

i stood against the atomic bomb dropped on hiroshima and survived it. I'm also no push over.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
I'm interested in knowing the religion of the deceased since they have been telling us that only Christians are being killed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by GavelSlam: 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I'm interested in knowing the religion of the deceased since they have been telling us that only Christians are being killed

He's evidently a muslim Fulani boy.

But my brothers here in the south are not interested in the truth.

All they want is a situation where a corrupt person can take over government under any guise.

If their parents, brothers or someone unknown to them dies in the process the e-rats don't care.

This is one of the reasons I despise religion.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Mekanus(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
olatade:
we need serious prayers in this country
So the one you have been doing for decades now haven't been serious?

3 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Born2Breed(f): 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Zayyan Gwandu, son of Haliru Gwandu Abubakar, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Anti-Robbery, has died.

Zayyan was one of the victims of reprisal attacks following the killings in three local government areas of Plateau State by suspected herdsmen.

Popular social commentator Gimba Kakanda shared the news of Zayyans death on Twitter, writing: “I’m devastated to learn about the killing of Zayyan Gwandu in the Plateau clash. He’s one of the travellers stopped and killed for sharing a religion or ethnicity with Fulani herdsmen. Killing fellow human beings for the wrong of people they don’t even know is savagery. Wow. RIP.”

Subsequently, Kakanda wrote on Facebook: “Citizens getting stopped and killed for sharing an ethnicity, religion or culture with criminals they don’t even know? Is this the overflowing anarchy we call a country? Of course I know what we have done wrong, Nigeria. Millions of things. We are here because we have been pretending that we don’t notice these killings and destructions until the victims begin to seek an illusion of justice in the wrong place.”

Although Kakanda refrained from revealing the identity of the deceased, SaharaReporters independently verified that he was CP Gwandu’s son.

“Yes, it is true that the CP’s son is no more,” a source very close to the Gwandu family told SaharaReporters, before asking to say no more as “this is a trying time for the CP’s family”.

Zayyan’s death marks an elongation of a very difficult period of time, personally and professionally, for CP Gwandu.

The SARS, which he oversees, has recently come under public scrutiny on account of the high-handedness and criminal activities of its officials. Following the relentlessness of the anti-SARS campaign, Gwandu was forced to announce a repositioning of the squad.

In December 2017, he announced that the Nigeria Police Force had begun the process of dissolving the federal and state SARS into one unit that would be under the supervision of the commissioners of police of each command. ‎

He said a lot of changes had taken place, and that there would be training and retraining of personnel of the unit to enhance efficiency. He explained that after the re-organisation, the unit would only concentrate on violent crimes such as murder, armed robbery and cultism. He also promised that at the completion of the ongoing re-organisation of the unit, extrajudicial killings by SARS would be a thing of the past.

Some months before then, Gwandu had been forced out of Edo State as the CP, following intense campaigns by citizens and a coalition of civil society groups over the rising crime rate in the state.

The reprisal that claimed his son was a reaction by Christians to killings of about 100 people by suspected Fulani herdsmen in many villages in Riyom, Barkin ladi and Jos South local government areas of Plateau.

Before the news of CP Gwandu’s son’s death filtered in, a source in Plateau had lamented the under-reported reprisals, telling SaharaReporters: “I lost four friends on the road; they were butchered. Birnin youth were killing all Muslims on the road. One of them clearly picked my friend’s phone and said to me, ‘We’ve killed him. Are they not the two Muslims in E-Class?’”
http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/25/police-commissioner-charge-sars-loses-son-reprisal-killings-after-plateau-%E2%80%98herdsmen%E2%80%99

Fulani should stop placing more value on cow. Imagine the killing 150 humans because of 300 cows.

8 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
buhariguy:
This is the problem I have with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra that anywhere you see Muslims kill they,
That is the end of the beginning of the division of Nigeria, and that is the aim of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra ethnic and religion propaganda through the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic party PDP to sponsor the attack on both Christian and Muslims

You have no iota of sense. How does this news concern biafra?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by eagleeye3: 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
olatade:

i stood against the atomic bomb dropped on hiroshima and survived it. I'm also no push over.
grin
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by olas24u(f): 10:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
olatade:
we need serious prayers in this country

you continue with the same shit prayers.for how long

1 Like

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by doeeyed: 10:34pm On Jun 25, 2018
luvmijeje:
This is what happened when a leader failed to lead. People start taking laws into their hands. I hate saying may his or her soul in perfect peace. This could all be avoided when a leader leads.

Totally agree..

To all the victims, I pray all their souls rest in peace..

Hopefully something definitively can be done about this menace!!

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by buhariguy(m): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
xxxtedyxxx:

You have no iota of sense. How does this news concern biafra?

the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra are aiding the bandit through propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by debaj10: 10:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
if there was an Olympic event called 'brainless speech, you'd be the undisputed, everlasting record holder.
congrats.
buhariguy:
This is the problem I have with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra that anywhere you see Muslims kill they,
That is the end of the beginning of the division of Nigeria, and that is the aim of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra ethnic and religion propaganda through the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic party PDP to sponsor the attack on both Christian and Muslims

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by 0koyibos: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
I lay the blame squarely at the foot of Buhari. Instead of him to stop this carnage, he's busy passing blames from Libyans to Malians to Gaddafi to PDP. Stand up and stop the madness, he's pussyfooting.

Reprisals never end. Unfortunately, it's already affecting children of the elite. Maybe when the elites start killing their children, they'll have some sense.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by doeeyed: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Our very compromised media has been very silent about this style of killings in which Christians take over the roads and start killing ppl on suspicion that they are Fulani or Muslims.

Nairaland ops quickly tagged it 'reprisal attack'.

Fulanis have been raising alarms about their cattles being rustled and their pple targeted at will.
Nobody ever listen's to them.

This is the reason I keep saying that the pple of middle belt aren't ready for peace and there is little security agents can do in such situation.

But you have to wonder as to why little has been said of the rustlers

Yes, There may be poor media coverage of the attacks on the Fulani's but where is the evidence, pictures, credible eye witness accounts?? It's largely hearsay with no significant collaboration. In today's social media-crazed world, pictures would have been on all platforms available, after all there's no govt censorship regarding that narrative!!

However, it is apparent for all observers that the marauders have attacked disproportionately a greater number of people- entire villages, men, women, children, even unborn children been torn out of their mothers' bellies: communities have been decimated, wiped out, totally eliminated: that is totally gruesome.!

Different groups accepting responsibility for these horrid atrocities whether rightfully so or not have not been warned to desist from their criminal acts or even brought to justice. That in itself gives a wrong signal: that some people are above the law despite attesting to committing wanton criminality descending to harrowing depths of depravity??

There are pictures, eye witness accounts, incessant calls to authorities and the powers that be, to speedily intervene under the cloak of our collective humanity!!! But

NOTHING credible appears to have been done till close relatives are affected....

The narrative of poorly constructed confabulations continue from the government..

Why must more blood be shed before the government or those in authority do what's right and humane

Why ??

18 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Welcomme: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Our very compromised media has been very silent about this style of killings in which Christians take over the roads and start killing ppl on suspicion that they are Fulani or Muslims.

Fulanis have been raising alarms about their cattles being rustled and their pple targeted at will.

This is the reason I keep saying that the pple of middle belt aren't ready for peace and there is little security agents can do in such situation.
Be truthful to yourself, what can u say about the killings in Zamfara?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Silvermoney: 11:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
SARS? Fulani (Herdsmen)? Ticks all the wrong boxes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by holajeedayy: 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bari22:
All this southern/christian/pdp guys, i dont know what is happening to u guys. There is ethnic crisis and u are very quick to term it "killing christians" and as it stands now, the number of muslims killed is thrice the number of christians killed in the crisis but u all claiming that it is only christians that are victim of crisis using ur fake websites
Shut up their is no amount of talk we understand everything so go sleep.... Stop defending this crominal

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by flames01: 11:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
tafabaloo:
It is well with this country in Jesus name. Just dumbfounded !

No peace for the wicked

1 Like

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by flames01: 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
buhariguy:

And who told you that Nigeria's oneness translates to progress?

12 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
The OGAS will transfer him to southeast so he won't see Fulani to avenge on

mark my words

Oh na Fulani ally sef
They go leave am there so he can kill more Plateau people

3 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by holajeedayy: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:

Is ur cattle better than human like buari

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
There's no act if mass killing in this scale without a trigger

What caused this recent slaughter in Jos please?

3 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by dynasty01: 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
buhariguy:
please why are you fighting with yourself?.... why are you doing this to yourself. just relax and read what you posted, then you will understand that you really need rehabilitation!!!

25 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Kennyideal(m): 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
MURIC, over to you! cool

7 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by flames01: 11:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bari22:
All this southern/christian/pdp guys, i dont know what is happening to u guys. There is ethnic crisis and u are very quick to term it "killing christians" and as it stands now, the number of muslims killed is thrice the number of christians killed in the crisis but u all claiming that it is only christians that are victim of crisis using ur fake websites

Oga, did you count the number of Muslims and Christians killed? Or how did you arrive at your conclusion? Or are you repeating an empty beer parlour gist?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by ebbo(m): 11:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
overlord29:
undecided They can't justify the gruesome massacre of our people on flimsy excuses. These are calculated killings fuel by hatred from the herdsmen. The plateau man you and I know is very peaceful and welcoming and doesn't deserve this treatment. Just like Gen. TY Danjuma rightly said, we (especially the youths) must wake up and defend our people from total annihilation by this blood thirsty monsters. An average plateau man can never be cruel to a creature as tiny as an ant so why the wickedness? These killings have been on for over a decade now so the issue of rustling of their cattle doesn't hold water. The plateau youths must rise up and form vigilante groups to defend their God given land just like their forefathers did otherwise there won't be a future.

...CattLe RuStLing__the new excuSe for IsLamic Jihad in the middle belt!!

Beroms re not peaceful people, go and do ur research

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"The Nigerian Marked In This Photos Wasn't Part Of The Cambodia Drug Deal" / Nigerian Man Arrested In South Africa For Alleged Possession Of Drugs (photos) / Reps To IGP: Don’t Allow Chidinma Ojukwu To Die In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.