Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks (36845 Views)

One Million Boys: Biola 'Ebila' Killed In Reprisal Attack In Ibadan (Graphic) / Kodar Green, NDU Student Killed In Cultist Reprisal Attack In Bayelsa (Graphic) / Norsemen Confraternity Members Protest In Support Of SARS In Cross River. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
MAYBE THEY BOY THOUGHT FULANI HERDSMEN ARE YAHOO BOYS
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by FriendNG: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bari22:
All this southern/christian/pdp guys, i dont know what is happening to u guys. There is ethnic crisis and u are very quick to term it "killing christians" and as it stands now, the number of muslims killed is thrice the number of christians killed in the crisis but u all claiming that it is only christians that are victim of crisis using ur fake websites

The titled of this thread is that dis said guy (rest in Jannatul Firdaus) was killed by Fulani herdsmen even when the body of the post contradict the title. I exposed them, den d mod change it.
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by weyreypey: 11:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
ebbo:

Beroms re not peaceful people, go and do ur research
Good.... They should act now
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by slivertongue: 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
oh!! see wat d indifference by d security outfits av caused. if only dey av tamed d crisis wen it started brewin in jan
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Jalinspy(f): 11:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
That's what happens when security agents fail to do their jobs.I hate killings but if u try kill mine,I will kill back in 10 folds. Period

1 Like

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by FriendNG: 11:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
Donald95 Achuwa1 oshe11 SalamRushdie The mod have rectified their errors. So I expect the pigs to hang their useless self tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by weyreypey: 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
FriendNG:
Donald95 Achuwa1 oshe11 SalamRushdie The mod have rectified their errors. So I expect the pigs to hang their useless self tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
It doesn't matter.
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by verygudbadguy(m): 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
[b][/b]
AroleOduduwa:
Nigeria is bleeding, we are heading towards a civil war if we don’t get our act together and when it’s happens everyone will be affected including those who kept quiet because of political/ religious affiliation
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Positivepoint(m): 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
major466:
Fulani in charge of both SARS and police. No wonder the genocide against Christians in Nigeria.

bros the IG is nupe tribe.
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by skales67(m): 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Abeg make civil war kukuma breakout in Middlebelt and North Central let me watch them while eating my popcorn.
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Veetee(m): 11:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
I Would have loved them to wipe some certain race but let peace rain, war isnt a good thing to pray for, let peace rain
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by FriendNG: 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
dairykidd:

Bias report by a suspected Fulani.. Why is it always "suspected" Fulani herdsmen & the Christians are "confirmed" I hate bias/ deceit undecided

Yes suspected Fulani herdsmen. It is simply because you guys are pathetic liars. This man was killed by Birom christian but the title said he was killed by herdsmen. if not for me raising alarm it would have been left as such.

2 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by SalamRushdie: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
FriendNG:

No matter how you try to paint it the killer Herdmens are 100 percent responsible for his unfortunate death

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Our very compromised media has been very silent about this style of killings in which Christians take over the roads and start killing ppl on suspicion that they are Fulani or Muslims.

Nairaland ops quickly tagged it 'reprisal attack'.

Fulanis have been raising alarms about their cattles being rustled and their pple targeted at will.
Nobody ever listen's to them.

This is the reason I keep saying that the pple of middle belt aren't ready for peace and there is little security agents can do in such situation.

Dude I taya for these people, once you go down there & check you will see that the people in said communities usually start it

Now some Hausa people are also planning reprisals because their people are being slaughtered on jos road, i just hope the police stop them before they complicate things anymore than necessary.

May the young man soul rest in peace. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by FriendNG: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:

No matter how you try to paint it the killer Herdmens are 100 percent responsible for his unfortunate death

Hahhaahah u can use the lagoon the thread said otherwise. Show of shame by the pigs. tongue tongue
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by passey: 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
[size=8pt][/size]
Omooba77:
Zayyan Gwandu, son of Haliru Gwandu Abubakar, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Anti-Robbery, has died.

Zayyan was one of the victims of reprisal attacks following the killings in three local government areas of Plateau State by suspected herdsmen.

Popular social commentator Gimba Kakanda shared the news of Zayyans death on Twitter, writing: “I’m devastated to learn about the killing of Zayyan Gwandu in the Plateau clash. He’s one of the travellers stopped and killed for sharing a religion or ethnicity with Fulani herdsmen. Killing fellow human beings for the wrong of people they don’t even know is savagery. Wow. RIP.”

Subsequently, Kakanda wrote on Facebook: “Citizens getting stopped and killed for sharing an ethnicity, religion or culture with criminals they don’t even know? Is this the overflowing anarchy we call a country? Of course I know what we have done wrong, Nigeria. Millions of things. We are here because we have been pretending that we don’t notice these killings and destructions until the victims begin to seek an illusion of justice in the wrong place.”

Although Kakanda refrained from revealing the identity of the deceased, SaharaReporters independently verified that he was CP Gwandu’s son.

“Yes, it is true that the CP’s son is no more,” a source very close to the Gwandu family told SaharaReporters, before asking to say no more as “this is a trying time for the CP’s family”.

Zayyan’s death marks an elongation of a very difficult period of time, personally and professionally, for CP Gwandu.

The SARS, which he oversees, has recently come under public scrutiny on account of the high-handedness and criminal activities of its officials. Following the relentlessness of the anti-SARS campaign, Gwandu was forced to announce a repositioning of the squad.

In December 2017, he announced that the Nigeria Police Force had begun the process of dissolving the federal and state SARS into one unit that would be under the supervision of the commissioners of police of each command. ‎

He said a lot of changes had taken place, and that there would be training and retraining of personnel of the unit to enhance efficiency. He explained that after the re-organisation, the unit would only concentrate on violent crimes such as murder, armed robbery and cultism. He also promised that at the completion of the ongoing re-organisation of the unit, extrajudicial killings by SARS would be a thing of the past.

Some months before then, Gwandu had been forced out of Edo State as the CP, following intense campaigns by citizens and a coalition of civil society groups over the rising crime rate in the state.

The reprisal that claimed his son was a reaction by Christians to killings of about 100 people by suspected Fulani herdsmen in many villages in Riyom, Barkin ladi and Jos South local government areas of Plateau.

Before the news of CP Gwandu’s son’s death filtered in, a source in Plateau had lamented the under-reported reprisals, telling SaharaReporters: “I lost four friends on the road; they were butchered. Birnin youth were killing all Muslims on the road. One of them clearly picked my friend’s phone and said to me, ‘We’ve killed him. Are they not the two Muslims in E-Class?’”
http://saharareporters.com/2018/06/25/police-commissioner-charge-sars-loses-son-reprisal-killings-after-plateau-%E2%80%98herdsmen%E2%80%99

Subsequently, Kakanda wrote on Facebook: “Citizens getting stopped and killed for sharing an ethnicity, religion or culture with criminals they don’t even know? Is this the overflowing anarchy we call a country? ****Of course I know what we have done wrong, Nigeria. Millions of things. We are here because we have been pretending that we don’t notice these killings and destructions until the victims begin to seek an illusion of justice in the wrong place.”******

UNFORTUNATELY, THAT UGLY MURIC DOG WITH NOSTRILS LIKE EXPLODED EXHAUST PIPES WAS SPEWING HATRED AND BIGOTRY RECENTLY... conveniently FANNING THE EMBERS OF DISCORD BY CLAIMING THAT HIS FELLOW MUSLIM HERDSMEN WERE TAKING VENGEANCE FOR CATTLE RUSTLED WHEN IN REALITY THE HERDSMEN USUALLY COME TO PEOPLE'S FARMS AND USED THE PRODUCE TO FEED THEIR CATTLE AND KILL ANY FARMERS THAT DISAGREE WITH THE DESTRUCTION OF HIS MEANS OF LIVELIHOOD...WITH PROTECTION FROM A SECURITY APPARATUS THAT IS SEEN AS PARTIAL AND TRIBAL!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by crafteck(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
buhariguy:
This is the problem I have with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra that anywhere you see Muslims kill they,
That is the end of the beginning of the division of Nigeria, and that is the aim of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra ethnic and religion propaganda through the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic party PDP to sponsor the attack on both Christian and Muslims

Wat is dis one saying

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by LZAA: 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
buhariguy:
This is the problem I have with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra that anywhere you see Muslims kill they,
That is the end of the beginning of the division of Nigeria, and that is the aim of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra ethnic and religion propaganda through the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic party PDP to sponsor the attack on both Christian and Muslims

5 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by FriendNG: 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
skales67:
Abeg make civil war kukuma breakout in Middlebelt and North Central let me watch them while eating my popcorn.

I hope it will start by attacking traveler (your family and some of ur relatives) coming from your village to Abuja or to other states for business/ other activities.
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by crafteck(m): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2018
Bari22:
All this southern/christian/pdp guys, i dont know what is happening to u guys. There is ethnic crisis and u are very quick to term it "killing christians" and as it stands now, the number of muslims killed is thrice the number of christians killed in the crisis but u all claiming that it is only christians that are victim of crisis using ur fake websites
Its not part of christians to kill, look at adeboye.. Etc, they only deceive and accumulate wealth... Its religiin of peace that kills... Is it jumia or juhad or jimad den de call am
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by skales67(m): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

I hope it will start by attacking traveler (your family and some of ur relatives) coming from your village to Abuja or to other states for business/ other activities.

If you quote me again to say rubbish, you will not wake up from your sleep tonight angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by FriendNG: 12:07am On Jun 26, 2018
skales67:

If you quote me again to say rubbish, you will not wake up from your sleep tonight angry

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH So you want some people to die in crises but not your family members. grin grin grin grin
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 26, 2018
FriendNG:

Yes suspected Fulani herdsmen. It is simply because you guys are pathetic liars. This man was killed by Birom christian but the title said he was killed by herdsmen. if not for me raising alarm it would have been left as such.
Do i know u... Why are u calling me a liar & who are the "you guys" ur grouping me with... Are u sure ur well in the head?

7 Likes

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by princetboy(m): 12:27am On Jun 26, 2018
My PVC is with me oooh, are you with yours
Our HERO told us earlier about this fulani herdsmen, may their souls rest in peace and may God give their families,the fortitude to bear the loss of their beloved one's [plateau state]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Antoeni(m): 12:30am On Jun 26, 2018
Sins of the Father
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Susu888(m): 12:32am On Jun 26, 2018
doeeyed:

But you have to wonder as to why little has been said of the rustlers

Yes, There may be poor media coverage of the attacks on the Fulani's but where is the evidence, pictures, credible eye witness accounts?? It's largely hearsay with no significant collaboration. In today's social media-crazed world, pictures would have been on all platforms available, after all there's no govt censorship regarding that narrative!!

However, it is apparent for all observers that the marauders have attacked disproportionately a greater number of people- entire villages, men, women, children, even unborn children been torn out of their mothers' bellies: communities have been decimated, wiped out, totally eliminated: that is totally gruesome.!

Different groups accepting responsibility for these horrid atrocities whether rightfully so or not have not been warned to desist from their criminal acts or even brought to justice. That in itself gives a wrong signal: that some people are above the law despite attesting to committing wanton criminality descending to harrowing depths of depravity??

There are pictures, eye witness accounts, incessant calls to authorities and the powers that be, to speedily intervene under the cloak of our collective humanity!!! But

NOTHING credible appears to have been done till close relatives are affected....

The narrative of poorly constructed confabulations continue from the government..

Why must more blood be shed before the government or those in authority do what's right and humane

Why ??

Nd do u expect a fulani herder to be carrying a phone around? They only know how to rear cattle. U think they r educated? They don’t hv access to social media to complain or say much! Nd the media is biased nd only reports the reprisals on the youth of those communities who in the first place provoked the fulani people. All these ones shouting fulani are barbaric don’t know anything about them probably never even seen a fulani man! They hv been painted as monsters but they r very simple nd peaceful people.... unless u mess with there cattle then u r inviting trouble. Middle belt tribes like the tivs nd berom r the ones looking for trouble nd don’t want peace.... they think they can kill nd steal willingly bcuz the fulani’s r isolated from the media nd later on they garmer sympathy by telling onesided stories nd covering their evil acts nd monstrosities. They started this genocide.

With all that said there r multiple dimensions to this clashes btwn farmers nd herders. Its mostly political then tribal nd at the end religious. People should pls go nd do there own research , u can’t expect the truth from the media they r always lying!! But they usually leave loose ends that get u thinking out of the box they zoned u in. There is always more to a story than wht is being told by the media.... its up to u to dig it urself or stay blinded to the truth whtever u choose its up to u but pls stop misleading people with ur unsubstantiated speculations acting like ur fully aware of wht is happening. U know nothing!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:
So it's a Fulani man that is inchage of SARS ..Now its all making sense to me ...SMH

he was killed because he was a muslim. Since its believed fulani are muslims too thats why he was killed. Same thing happend in makurdi, when the youths attacked the hausa community in respiral of the attack on their kinsmen.

the truth of the matter is that the killings must stop. Whether muslim or christains. We are one before God.
we are all his children.

we can do this by spreading the word of peace and tolerance.

but sadly social media aint helping at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by searchlight: 1:08am On Jun 26, 2018
As far as the killing remain up north I'm cool. After all in 1966-1970 the North didn't know that their compatriots were dying down east. Christians killed 300 cows, Fulani/ Muslims killed 200 people, Christians killed 2persons.
Total killings by Christian=302.
Total killings by Fulani/Muslims=200.
Christians leading by 102 persons.
Fulani/Muslims should swing into action asap to equate the equation in not more than 2days.
Note: cows=human beings. Chai Spain just teared my bet9ja ticket that one hurt me pass the killing news self.
Re: Police In Charge Of SARS Loses Son To Reprisal Killings In Plateau S’ Attacks by Josh1000: 1:14am On Jun 26, 2018
buhariguy:

Distasteful Religious Bigot. Get a life outside Nairaland

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"The Nigerian Marked In This Photos Wasn't Part Of The Cambodia Drug Deal" / Nigerian Man Arrested In South Africa For Alleged Possession Of Drugs (photos) / Reps To IGP: Don’t Allow Chidinma Ojukwu To Die In Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.