Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers (23289 Views)

6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death / Tonto Dikeh Receives 2 Car Gifts On Her 35th Birthday / DJ Olu And Chime Found Dead In Their Car (Davido's Friends) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by autojosh: 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
Indeed, buying choice cars for one’s love interest is by no means a new trend.

However, in very recent times, especially due to the leverage that social media gives, we have witnessed sensations created by some celebrities when they bestowed car gifts upon their romantic interests.

In Nigerian, the beneficiaries are typically women. Nigerian men rarely enjoy this sort of largess. Perhaps, champions of feminism and gender equality need to work hard at changing this trend.

Also, and interestingly too, another group of people that do not seem to benefit from car largess also caught our attention. They are the growing legion of individuals popularly referred to as “Baby Mamas”.

Our research revealed no record of unmarried mothers of children of celebrities being bestowed with car gifts by their "baby daddies".

Anyways, Autojosh.com presents some celebrities who caused major sensations by their car gifts to their love interests.

Oladunni Churchill

Shortly after their August 29, 2015 marriage ceremony Oladunni Churchill bought his wife, Tontoh Dikeh, a brand new 2016 Toyota Prado SUV. According to him, it was a Christmas gift to her.

On October 2016, and while his wife was yet to get over the excitement of receiving such a lavish Christmas gift, her husband, again, surprised her with another car gift: a 2017 Lexus LX 570. This particular model is regarded as one of the flagship of the Lexus brand in its SUV lineup.

The cost of this lavish Sport Utility Vehicle was put at N47millions. The car is designed for the super-rich, as it breathes class, luxury, functionality, reliability and confidence.

The 2017 Lexus LX 570 has undeniable niche appeal and that explains why it is one of the fastest selling SUVs, in spite of its high price tag.

The news of the car gift became an instant sensation when the excited wife, Tontoh Dikeh, took to her Instagram account to announce her newest gift from her husband.

On the Instagram post she wrote:

I am indeed speechless by YOUR love for me.. Everyday I APPLAUD MYSELF FOR MARRYING such an awesome husband as YOU…Thank u My DEAREST husband for gifting me such a wonderful gift as dis cuties (LEXUS LX 570 2017).

May God bless and enrich u dearly for me. Uou SHALL KNOW NOT LACK. Your Love has made me a better woman and I am grateful to God for letting our paths cross. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. #PAPAKING#MYKINGKONG#LOVERS#GIFT#PRAYINGWIFE#SANTA CAME EARLY#PRADO2016#LEXUS2017@LEXUSUSA

Comedian AY Makun

On December 2012, Ayo Makun, the comedian better known as AY, made a post on twitter to announce his car gift to his wife, Mabel.

The comedian tweeted a picture of the 2012 Acura-ZDX car that he got for his wife as an anniversary and Christmas gift with the following words – “Wifey this is my anniversary/Xmas gift to U, 4 being a friend, Sister, wife & Mother. I love u.”

The car was reported to have cost the ace show promoter about N10 million.

However, the tweet did not generate the type of reaction that he anticipated.

Instead, the tweet generated a good number of criticisms from fans who believed that AY tweeting about the lavish car gift to his wife was an attempt by him at showing off.

AY later tweeted an apology.

But things got messier.

The sensation later generated to a feud between AY and his colleague in the comedy business, Basketmouth.

AY, via a tweet, claimed that Basketmouth created a fake twitter handle to join his angry fans to criticize and ridicule him.

In the tweet, AY said:

“Golden225 (Sky High’s twitter handle) Basketmouth, you obviously created this twitter account for this mission. when you are done, let me know. I wish you all the best,”.

Seyi Law

In December, 2015, popular Nigerian comedian, Seyi Law, got his wife a brand new Honda Crosstour as a Christmas gift.

The gift enjoyed popular attention when the comedian took to his Instagram page to announce the gift.

He wrote:

No wonder, God made it clear in His words, that when they say there is a casting down, we will say there is a lifting up.I just hope this is a perfect gift for the most beautiful woman in the world, my wife and confidant, Ebere Stacy @hautestacy. Thanks for standing with and by me in my trying time. Thank God for the grace to do this now.Merry Christmas my love

The Honda Crosstour is worth approximately N7million.

Davido

Nigerian music superstar, Davido, stirred up one of the biggest car-gift sensation ever witnessed in Nigeria.

This happened when he surprised his girlfriend of 5 years, Chioma Avril, with a N45m Porsche Cayenne at a birthday party held for her.

The BET Award winner had earlier dropped a song titled ‘Assurance’ a few days ahead of Chioma’s birthday.

The car came with a plate number that reads ‘Assurance’.

The Porsche gift to Chioma turned out to become an intense national talking point.

Davido did little to douse the hoopla as he publicly declared his love for her, saying, “I’m in love o.”

The singer also took a swipe at “So many niggas” who “are in love but they scared to show it.”

He then went on to register his wish – with a promise: “Happy birthday Baby girl! Today and 2MORO gonna be amazing.”

Femi Gbajabiamila

Femi Gbajabiamila, the Majority leader of the House of Representatives, unwittingly triggered a barrage of attacks to himself after he surprised his wife, Yemisi, with a gift of a Mercedes G-Wagon.

The car gift was to commemorate the wife’s 50th birthday.

The SUV costs between N85million.

The car came with a plate number that reads ‘Assurance’.

The reaction to the car gifts were varied. For instance, a certain Marufh Bello, on Facebook, posted thus:

“Bad! How can you do that in such a country where people find it difficult to eat and pay bills? I’m sure there are people in his extended family who need help… Insensitivity, selfishness and ostentation. Shit!”.

A Julius Ogunro also posted thus:

“The question is: where did he get the money from? Is it his legitimate earnings? Or did he ‘scheme’ the system? Whatever the answer, it is very bad, and sad that a public official without any other legitimate earnings can afford such luxury. God help us!”

However, in a move that appeared as damage control, the law maker representing Surulere, Lagos, made a public statement where he admitted that he saved up for years in order to be able to afford the car gift.

Part of the statement read thus:

“My attention has been drawn to the extensive reports especially on social media regarding the presentation of a gift to my wife and best friend in celebration of her 50th birthday anniversary.

“Naturally I had anticipated this occasion for quite a while and prepared by saving up for it in the last couple of years. I took the decision far back to present her with a significant gift, she was totally unaware of, to convey in part, the debt of my gratitude to her for standing by me through ‘thick and thin’.

Femi Gbajiamila is a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Peter Okoye (Mr. P)

Peter Okoye, also known by the stage-name, Mr. P, is one half of the defunct music duo, P Square.

On Thursday, June 21, 2018, the music star created a massive buzz when he took to his Instagram page to post the photo of a brand new Range Rover Sport. The vehicle was intended as a gift for his wife, Lola Omotayo-Okoye.

The Instagram post was captioned thus:

“I told you every day is Valentine’s Day with you so here’s today’s gift. Guys, help me Tag and tell my Wife to hurry home (if Lagos traffic will allow her) to unwrap this gift ,”

The car is reportedly to be worth about N55million.

https://autojosh.com/checkout-6-nigerian-celebrities-that-caused-sensations-with-their-car-gifts-to-their-love-interests/
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by autojosh: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by ChiefAzubuike(f): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
Waste of money. Do you think these women love you? No they don't , they only love your pocket.

8 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by delugajackson: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
Money answereth all things, and women will always top the list of all the things you can get.

But I'd be more intrigued if this post was about women who bought such exotic cars for their partners.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
if marriage wasn't a different ball games, what's different from cars their husband owned if not automatically hers, once you married a woman and you have more than two cars, except their isn't a true union, the cars are also hers, they shouldn't over hype this

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by moneyok(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
Money answereth all
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by rozayx5(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
Well cr7

700kusd

Engagement ring costs more than all of them

Next topic undecided

6 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Ayoswit(f): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
K
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by analryder: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
I think these people could do all these things for their love ones privately if they truly value them...you do not express love to a love one and at the same exploit it for fame.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Ivanmykel(f): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
Love in Tokyo
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
Oya create the list of women gifting their husband cars grin

Haters will say we don't give,
We only collect angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Bustincole(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
is gbajabiamila a celebrity

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by flames01: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
Throw tackles ko, catch tackles in
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
Politicians are millionaires in Nigeria, but ordinary civil servants in saner climes. Which way Naija?
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by GreatOlu1: 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
It's okay, I wish them well.
But all na for show, doesn't define and guarantee everlasting love.

#GodBlessTheirHome
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by midehi2(f): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
Mine is loading grin
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
angry
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Sijo01(f): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
We'll get there by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
Tonto sha. grin. After all those car gifts from Churchill,, she still claims the guy is broke.

Wait, Abi na she buy the cars for herself?

Tonto's case reminds me of how some ladies behave., when the going is sweet.., you will be her darling darling. Once it turns sour, you will be broke broke man to them.

Anyway, Every Good woman deserves to be pampered and appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by MaziEDOZIE(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
OK me too wan buy old-school Volkswagen beetle for my Girlfriend by next week as her Birthday gift, so make una still put name for there too kos e no easy.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by newsynews: 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
I really enjoyed Mr P's Range Rover presentation. Everything went well and real.

You can watch the video below. Very Interesting and shows how sweet true love is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ELy6kpp0
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Ellabae(f): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
If u can afford it, why not? Mrcock come nd see o
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by gudnex22(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Waste of money. Do you think these women love you? No they don't , they only love your pocket.

Is it your pocket? I bind that spirit of poverty that is talking through you.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by xoxocandy(f): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
I'll buy mine one day

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Emmy9ite(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Currently warming up for Naija match.

Like for Naija, share for Naija!!

Check my signature for the cheapest job test questions and answer ever liveth..

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
xoxocandy:
I'll buy mine one day

God bless you for this.

Dumb bitches be waiting a nigga for a ride
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2018
But Tonto said she bought herself that car. grin I believe her 100% 'cause some girls would buy phones and what-not for themselves and claim their guy did it to make their friends envy them.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by davillian(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nigerian women hardly gift their man /husband anything. The only thing they know how to gift is birthday sex.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by Ellabae(f): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
If u can afford it. Y not? Mrcock come nd see real men.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities That Made A Buzz With Their Car Gifts To Their Lovers by labisibrass(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
Momma just continue the prayer, i must buy you a car, you deserve more than it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comedian AY's Eid-il-fitri Outfit / Dokta Frabz's Death: 7 Times The Beat Architect Amazed Us With His Beats / DJ Cuppy Shows Off Her Dancing Skills: Performs The Tshwala Bam Dance (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.