Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions (65465 Views)

Nigerians React To Ighalo's Missed Chances During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by dejavuh0007(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
3coins:

Stop saying what you don't know
u just shot ursef in d leg. was rojo's arm above his head or was it outstretched? well English is not for everybody. let me make it authoritatively clear that var and d ref made d right decision cox sometimes 'intent' is considered in these type of cases. take for example umtiti and Suarez's handball. both players raised their hand above deir head with the intent of stopping a goal from going in and both players eventually handled the ball with their hands. now let me burst ur brain, even if d ball did not later land on both umtiti and Suarez's hand, a penalty wud still av bin awarded because both players had d intention of blocking the ball by raising their hands. which in any case, same cant be said for rojo. rojo headed the ball to his hand and not that he headed the ball and "raised" or "stretch" his hand to stop d ball from falling to ighalo. so channel all ur anger and frustration to ighalo who squandered two clear chances to send us tru. football is a game of chance, if u don't take it u get punished.

5 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by richmond695: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Are you familiar with cryptocurrencies, do you want to earn tokens and bitcoins for free ? If yes, Then join my WhatsApp group chat for updates and more info
https:///H8mCbTeC5GlHstgfRWi4Zp
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Nwanna2588: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
No matter how you look at it, the referee will have his conscience pricking him for not awarding that penalty. The question I have for all those supporting the referee's decision is should it have been so if a Nigerian player was the one that is involved.
Any cursory observation of the referee's decision will demonstrate that he'd have not wasted time to award a penalty if the Argentine's were the ones complaining. If you endeavour to conceal the evidence of your crime, you will look even guiltier.
What about the Iheanacho's scenario in the first half. Even as he started to writhe on the ground, the referee refused to do the needful. Was it not the remote cause of the penalty he awarded to us in the second half?
While I accept that our players missed some of their chances, dishonesty in officiating is one foible I cannot tolerate. I have watched matches on many occasions and I have seen similar scenario that earned some teams penalty. Not visiting the VAR room would have vindicated him but going there to see it has exposed him.

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by sKeetz(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
tgmservice:
Forget reflex did u see the handball penalty given against portugal vs iran did the player do it intentionally

Don't use a different match to judge another match cause it suits you. You know the rules of football so go with it. If the ref is bias like you claim, he wouldn't call the first penalty cause the events that lead to the penalty is very arguable.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by gentlegenius(m): 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Abjay97:
Tweets below and many more not here, have shown why the VAR might be Rascist after all...

The hand ball by Marcus Rojo who later turned out to be a hero for the Argentines was similar to the handball awarded to Portugal yesterday against Morocco an African team...

A lot of Africans and even Europeans are not happy with the decision of the VAR.

If you check from the beginning of this year's world Cup, VAR decisions has never favoured the small teams.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Caseless: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Sadiyaene:
Mad pepo everywhere utering nonsense undecided undecided let no nigga quote me wrongly or else I will crush ur dick with ma pussy
shocked sad undecided cry

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2018
oshe11:
Honestly that wasnt a Penalty, he headed the ball to his hand, not like his hand went up to block the ball......

Moreover Ighalo only protested after missing

If MESSI was a COUNTRY, I'd be a MESSICAN

wetin this one dey talk...so if you head ball to your hand either mistake or not, ref will not blow abi? what happen to iran and Portugal. .....

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by decub: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2018
Let's be sincere here, if Ighalo had missed that ball as a result of the deflection, he would have awarded the penalty!
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 27, 2018
oshe11:
Honestly that wasnt a Penalty, he headed the ball to his hand, not like his hand went up to block the ball......

bastard children of Somalian father! Omo Iran Kiran! Messi ko favour no
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by CeeKay17: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2018
mobolaji234:
Can we just face the facts already! The rule as I see it states that it's meant to be a foul since his hand was stretched out.
Sentiments aside, it should have been a penalty. Even non-Nigerians are even complaining self.
Is he supposed to jump with his hands in his pocket? If he was standing and the ball touched his hand, then maybe it's a penalty. No way was this a penalty. The 1st penalty the ref gave, nobody even saw it or appealed for it, yet he gave it to us.

3 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by mavinc4u(f): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2018
Caseless:
it comes with a consolation when events are analysed and grey areas identified.

Do those guys really need consolation after what they played? They only accompanied others to world cup.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Gucciboss: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2018
lordpherow98:

Receive sense and stop talking just because u want to talk
no penalty was given to brazil against costa rica after Neymar fell down in the 18yard box

Exactly, that was the match that I was trying to recall. Thanks for helping me out. I know that the guy only watches Nigerian match, that is why he made that conclusion with pride grin
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by 3coins(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2018
dejavuh0007:

u just shot ursef in d leg. was rojo's arm above his head or was it outstretched? well English is not for everybody. let me make it authoritatively clear that var and d ref made d right decision cox sometimes 'intent' is considered in these type of cases. take for example umtiti and Suarez's handball. both players raised their hand above deir head with the intent of stopping a goal from going in and both players eventually handled the ball with their hands. now let me burst ur brain, even if d ball did not later land on both umtiti and Suarez's hand, a penalty wud still av bin awarded because both players had d intention of blocking the ball by raising their hands. which in any case, same cant be said for rojo. rojo headed the ball to his hand and not that he headed the ball and "raised" or "stretch" his hand to stop d ball from falling to ighalo. so channel all ur anger and frustration to ighalo who squandered two clear chances to send us tru. football is a game of chance, if u don't take it u get punished.
Lol... See who is talking about English.... It is either you don't know the meaning of outstretched or didn't watch the match at all.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2018
EbukaHades10:
VAR? More like VIR(Video Influencing Referee)
It was a penalty. The scenario is similar to Croatia vs Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by bigpicture001: 8:51am On Jun 27, 2018
oshe11:

....ur a folly for messi whose country hated black

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by hollah123: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2018
rex444:
there is no where in FIFA football where you are allowed to play the ball with your hand. It's called football not handball once your hand leaves certain areas like your groin for protection,its foul
my brother though I understand your point but some are exceptional,we have ball to hand n that's the case in this scenario because the ball hit his head b4 hitting his hand so it's obvious it's ball to hand n besides can u jump n still but your hands behind u? impossible.so my brother removing emotions from it,its not a penalty
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Harrynight(m): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2018
sad

WHAT!!! Over 3000 people are currently viewing this thread!
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by CeeKay17: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2018
kollinpowel:
I think it's time for Africa to Boycott all Future world cups since we are not wanted there.
Africa is simply not good enough. You all should stop playing the victim card all the time it's getting boring

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2018
kenex4ever:
Africans can shout racism where there Is non. The rule is very clear on this. The Iranian player headed d ball to d Portuguese' hand, that's a clear penalty because d hands was not hidden on his body.

For the case of Nigeria, Igalo did not head d ball but rojo did. So it's not and can never be a penalty.
All d people saying it was a penalty are not football lovers. People dat are always watching football knows dat dat can never be a penalty.

I was so disgusted by mikel n igalo for arguing with d ref about dat being a penalty when they both know within them dat it wasn't.

Same thing. I felt irritated watching Ighalo and Mikel protest a clearly accidental hand ball. Rojo headed the ball to his arm. What could me more accidental than that?

3 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Gucciboss: 8:55am On Jun 27, 2018
gentlegenius:

If you check from the beginning of this year's world Cup, VAR decisions has never favoured the small teams.
Lol. See comment. So Brazil is also a small team. Iran that got penalty through VAR is a big team abi what of Peru tha was awarded a penalty in the first match through VAR(which they missed anyway), are they also a big team? I fear Nigerians and their way of reasoning mehn.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by encryptjay(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
The ref was hesitant in making some decisions throughout the match. Players will beat VAR in the future.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Kennyideal(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
So are u saying a player can score with dia hands... If the ball touches the head before the hand then into the net

Cos u ar talkin like mumu!

oshe11:

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
Rojo nodded the ball and he hit his arm by accident. No way a penalty. Let us give this a rest.

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by encryptjay(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
The ref was hesitant in making some decisions throughout the match. Players will beat VAR in the future.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by johnmattew: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
mobolaji234:
Can we just face the facts already! The rule as I see it states that it's meant to be a foul since his hand was stretched out.
Sentiments aside, it should have been a penalty. Even non-Nigerians are even complaining self.
use Ur head na...if u are jumping,is Ur hand expected to folded or glued to yr body?. his hand wasn't even above his head. and he never extended his hand to direct the ball away

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Maxcollins042(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
In as much as we are entitled to our opinions, we should stop giving irritable excuses for our loss last night especially the Rojo's seeming handball.

Going with FIFA's standard it's not a penalty. We should stop conjuring conspiracy theories when we should seek for ways to improve the team quality. Nigerian failed to play well and they lost because of it simple. The referee and his colleagues did a marvelous work last night.

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Harrynight(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2018
CeeKay17:

Is he supposed to jump with his hands in his pocket? If he was standing and the ball touched his hand, then maybe it's a penalty. No way was this a penalty. The 1st penalty the ref gave, nobody even saw it or appealed for it, yet he gave it to us.

Don't even go there cos the 1st penalty was similar to the scenario ref awarded penalty against Ekong in our 1st match
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by dejavuh0007(m): 9:01am On Jun 27, 2018
3coins:

Lol... See who is talking about English.... It is either you don't know the meaning of outstretched or didn't watch the match at all.
so u mean to say rojo's arm that was folded at the elbow was outstretched? lol. guess u watched ur own match on NTA.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:01am On Jun 27, 2018
CeeKay17:

because he wanted to make up for the one he denied iheanacho. it is as simple as that
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by oshe11: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2018
last35:
bastard children of Somalian father! Omo Iran Kiran! Messi ko favour no
YOU are a LADY, pls ACT as ONE
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by princeade86(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2018
Abjay97:
Tweets below and many more not here, have shown why the VAR might be Rascist after all...

The hand ball by Marcus Rojo who later turned out to be a hero for the Argentines was similar to the handball awarded to Portugal yesterday against Morocco an African team...

A lot of Africans and even Europeans are not happy with the decision of the VAR.

stop misleading people. ronaldo scored with head against Morocco and is not yesterday. and d game Portugal played against Iran,penalty of handball was awarded to Iran against Portugal
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by frankwyte: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2018
What's all this medicine after death for? Ighalo had two chances and squandered them. So what is the fucking problem buddy. Why will the team go visit PMB after all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa / Lionel Messi And Antonella Roccuzzo's Wedding Photos / Lionel Messi Shows Off Customized Adidas Game Of Thrones Trainers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.