Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,927 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions (65462 Views)

Nigerians React To Ighalo's Missed Chances During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by oshe11: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2018
Kennyideal:
So are u saying a player can score with dia hands... If the ball touches the head before the hand then into the net

Cos u ar talkin like mumu!

Lol......

This loss pain una ooooo

Its well sha.....

Everybody na mate for football and thats the beauty of the game

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by princeade86(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2018
stop misleading people. ronaldo scored with head against Morocco and is not yesterday. and d game Portugal played against Iran,penalty of handball was awarded to Iran against Portugal

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by peacengine(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2018
CeeKay17:

Africa is simply not good enough. You all should stop playing the victim card all the time it's getting boring

Nonsense, Africa is good enough, although I agree that it wasn't a penalty, the boys played well. Ghana, Senegal and Nigeria have reached quarterfinal. Nigeria has won Olympic gold, we are good at under aged toutnaments, Aftica is good, our problem is "football age" Iheanacho is already weak because of fake age.

Senegal is still in the game, all never spoil
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by austyn0(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

You are rather being emotional than factual.

You think football decisions are made like your monkey goal post five-aside soccer.

Rojo did not commit any penalty.
Go and read FIFA rules concerning hadlng balls that can result in a penalty.

Your blame should rightly go to Ighalo and the lack of concentration and focus from your team in the dying minutes.
Wtach the way the Iceland and Coratians players hande the Argentines and compare that to Nigeria.

They tried but luck and lack of focus was not on their side.
How I so much wish we can have people that reason like you all over the world...
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Maxcollins042(m): 9:05am On Jun 27, 2018
Kennyideal:
So are u saying a player can score with dia hands... If the ball touches the head before the hand then into the net

Cos u ar talkin like mumu!

This is a ludicrous trait of an average Nigerian. You must not insult someone to make your opinion known. He made a reasonable point and that is true.

FIFA's rule states that if a ball inadvertently hits a player on the hand in his/her own half, it's not ruled a penalty. Having said this did the ball advertently or inadvertently hit Rojo's hand?

You conspiracy theorists should continue wailing while the milk has been spilled by our own players.

3 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by unmask: 9:05am On Jun 27, 2018
mobolaji234:
Can we just face the facts already! The rule as I see it states that it's meant to be a foul since his hand was stretched out.
Sentiments aside, it should have been a penalty. Even non-Nigerians are even complaining self.
then you need to open Ur eyes.....there is no way he would have jumped there without him having his arm out.....the distance from his head to his arm can be considered a point blank range from which he can't pull his arm out

So your argument is baseless and that cannot be a penalty with the current FIFA rules. If it had been awarded, then that would have been a great fraud
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Jay4joy: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2018
Similar penalty given in a match Portugal vs Iran
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by TheHottestGuy: 9:09am On Jun 27, 2018
aroundnaija:

Who be this thing? undecided
Guy wetin u dey talk self. I think u r being emotional too n u r allowing sentiments to be-cloud your judgement. Go and watch that handball again when u r less emotional and u will see it for yourself. IT WASN'T DELIBERATE, SO IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by OrireSA(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2018
Why does FIFA even invite African teams to the world cup if they gonna rob us? First it was Morocco and now its Nigeria, I'm from South Africa and I'm actually happy Bafana Bafana failed to go to this racist tournament even though they were gonna embarrass the whole f'ing nation and these white men are probably gonna rob Senegal too no matter how well they may or may not play. FIFA can keep their world cup foolish federation

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by kenex4ever(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Same thing. I felt irritated watching Ighalo and Mikel protest a clearly accidental hand ball. Rojo headed the ball to his arm. What could me more accidental than that?
the annoying part is they are now calling d very fair official a racist.

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2018
swiz123:
Was the first awarded penalty really a penalty
very clean penalty. it was awarded for croatia against nigeria, mandzukic allow ekong to pull him down

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by jogojogo: 9:13am On Jun 27, 2018
priceaction:
Nigeria exit world cup since their first match. I have said it severally, if you want to progress in world cup, rule number one: never loose your first match. Never!. If we have at least a point from day one, we won't mind what we play much yesterday.
Nigeria lost long time ago. Make una go rest and cool down.

Spain lost her first game and went on to win the world cup. What about that?
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by invincible007(m): 9:15am On Jun 27, 2018
Idoko619:

If u don't knw d rules ntin stop u frm bin quiet,
Do u jump wt ur hand?
Take dat anywhr it was a penalty.
Saying d first fowl wasn't a penalty already show u r a novice in ds area.

It pays to listen
You did not watch the match at all. It wasn't an intentional Handball since he nodded the ball but the ball brushed his hand a little also it did not stop and attempt to score. Professionally, IT IS NOT A PENALTY. Case Closed!
Now back matter for Nigeria, how can we remove the CinC

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by jogojogo: 9:16am On Jun 27, 2018
unmask:
then you need to open Ur eyes.....there is no way he would have jumped there without him having his arm out.....the distance from his head to his arm can be considered a point blank range from which he can't pull his arm out

So your argument is baseless and that cannot be a penalty with the current FIFA rules. If it had been awarded, then that would have been a great fraud

Once your hands are stretch away from your body, its a clear penalty. Exception is if the player is on the floor. Rojo head that ball but discovered the ball was heading towards Ighalo and he tried to obstruct that. It was intentional and even if not, there is no rule that it must be intentional before its awarded as a penalty

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
i am talking about naija. those ones can tactically adjust because of good skills, but here in naija you loose your first match, permutations and calculations follow. Even you can see that we are playing rubbish in our first match with our coach still thinking we are playing friendlies.
jogojogo:

Spain lost her first game and went on to win the world cup. What about that?

UncleJudax:

You must be a tennis fan

Many teams have performed well after losing their first game at the world cup.
Spain even won it at SA 2010, after losing their first match.

You have no clue about football grin
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
EbukaHades10:
VAR? More like VIR(Video Influencing Referee)
VAR- video argentina refree

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Donpoker9(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
EbukaHades10:
VAR? More like VIR(Video Influencing Referee)

I swear! No provoke me with this your useless question...cos I fit Nack u pin from here undecided
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
kenex4ever:
the annoying part is they are now calling d very fair official a racist.

It is sad. The referee shocked me with the guts he took to give us a penalty. He was fair and deserves praise than criticism.

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Harrison4adam(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
Any Nigerians who idolizes Messi and Maradona ought to be shot dead
oshe11:
Honestly that wasnt a Penalty, he headed the ball to his hand, not like his hand went up to block the ball......

Moreover Ighalo only protested after missing

If MESSI was a COUNTRY, I'd be a MESSICAN

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by UncleJudax(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
priceaction:
Nigeria exit world cup since their first match. I have said it severally, if you want to progress in world cup, rule number one: never loose your first match. Never!. If we have at least a point from day one, we won't mind what we play much yesterday.
Nigeria lost long time ago. Make una go rest and cool down.
You must be a tennis fan

Many teams have performed well after losing their first game at the world cup.
Spain even won it at SA 2010, after losing their first match.

You have no clue about football grin

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by oshe11: 9:21am On Jun 27, 2018
Harrison4adam:
Any Nigerians who idolizes Messi and Maradona ought to be shot dead
k
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by OrireSA(m): 9:24am On Jun 27, 2018
I understand the difference between hand ball and ball to hand and last night Nigeria was clearly robbed of a penalty, last nights game touched me because I love Nigeria and its people even more than I love my own country I even learned to talk yobura and my heart really broke when Nigeria were denied that penalty because I can bet any amount of money a European team would have got that penalty

3 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Herkim(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2018
Bros Are you just watching football matches not to know that any foul committed inside 18-yard box is a penalty. This is total conspiracy against Africa continent not only Nigeria.

Thank you.

oshe11:
Honestly that wasnt a Penalty, he headed the ball to his hand, not like his hand went up to block the ball......

Moreover Ighalo only protested after missing

If MESSI was a COUNTRY, I'd be a MESSICAN

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by OneJ: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2018
Abjay97:
Tweets below and many more not here, have shown why the VAR might be Rascist after all...

The hand ball by Marcus Rojo who later turned out to be a hero for the Argentines was similar to the handball awarded to Portugal yesterday against Morocco an African team...

A lot of Africans and even Europeans are not happy with the decision of the VAR.

This same referee disallowed Neymars's goal against for Barcelona against Juventus (2015 UCL final, Barca won 3-1), because Neymar headed the ball towards his hand to score.
Messi & Ronaldo are FIFA's hottest selling brand product. Why did VAR & the referee allow Mascherano to stay on the pitch with his bloody,bleeding face. Na FIFA rule be that? Dem kick Iheanacho face for 18 yard box but referee & him VAR gang come get eye problem dem no see am. FIFA politics caused Nigeria's ouster from World cup.

2 Likes

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Sadiyaene(f): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2018
Caseless:
shocked sad undecided cry

U be buhari member bah undecided
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Jaqenhghar: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2018
aroundnaija:

Receive sense mugun and stop giving shiit about those who doesn't give shii about u or ur country odee..

Tell me the time a referee was called by the VAR referee (in this ongoing world cup) and a penalty wasn't awarded?

Truth is no one gives a shìt about this shithole not even the president. Even you kuli kuli patriot this is as far as your patriotism goes cheering a lacklustre team so let people be abeg
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by oshe11: 9:29am On Jun 27, 2018
Herkim:
Bros Are you just watching football matches not to know that any foul committed inside 18-yard box is a penalty. This is total conspiracy against Africa continent not only Nigeria.

Thank you.

Hahahhaahahahaaha

U people will not kill me with your ignorance
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Azola(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2018
the first one and the second one is penalty.

1 Like

Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by gentlegenius(m): 9:30am On Jun 27, 2018
Gucciboss:

Lol. See comment. So Brazil is also a small team. Iran that got penalty through VAR is a big team abi what of Peru tha was awarded a penalty in the first match through VAR(which they missed anyway), are they also a big team? I fear Nigerians and their way of reasoning mehn.
You may be right that sometimes, it also favour the small teams but it mostly favour the big teams when their chances of survival in the tournament is being threatened.
Anyway, you will remember what I said here by the time we get to the knock out stages.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 27, 2018
peacengine:

Nonsense, Africa is good enough, although I agree that it wasn't a penalty, the boys played well. Ghana, Senegal and Nigeria have reached quarterfinal. Nigeria has won Olympic gold, we are good at under aged toutnaments, Aftica is good, our problem is "football age" Iheanacho is already weak because of fake age.

Senegal is still in the game, all never spoil
Nigeria has never reached the 1/4 finals of the worldcup...Senegal Ghana and Cameron I know
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by OneJ: 9:32am On Jun 27, 2018
Abjay97:
Tweets below and many more not here, have shown why the VAR might be Rascist after all...

The hand ball by Marcus Rojo who later turned out to be a hero for the Argentines was similar to the handball awarded to Portugal yesterday against Morocco an African team...

A lot of Africans and even Europeans are not happy with the decision of the VAR.

This same referee disallowed Neymars's goal for Barcelona against Juventus (2015 UCL final, Barca won 3-1), because Neymar headed the ball which deflected on his hand to score against Buffon.
Messi & Ronaldo are FIFA's hottest selling brand product. Why did VAR & the referee allow Mascherano to stay on the pitch with his bloody,bleeding face. Na FIFA rule be that? Dem kick Iheanacho face for 18 yard box but referee & him VAR gang come get eye problem dem no see am. ( Argentina & Iwuruwuru for world cup na siamese twins. Maradona even confess say him & his team mates take performance enhancing drugs wey make them beat Australia for USA '94 world cup qualifying play off. ) FIFA politics caused Nigeria's ouster from World cup.
Re: VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions by giftedben: 9:33am On Jun 27, 2018
swiz123:
Was the first awarded penalty really a penalty
Yes it was, the ball was coming towards balogun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa / Lionel Messi And Antonella Roccuzzo's Wedding Photos / Lionel Messi Shows Off Customized Adidas Game Of Thrones Trainers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.