Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) (10625 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:48pm On May 20, 2010
The nominees in that Best Movie category are quite amusing. cheesy grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by Rocktation(f): 2:42am On May 22, 2010
Ridiculous as a matter of fact. To moi, the lot is silly.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 7:44am On May 22, 2010
It's the MTV awards. . . What do you expect?!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 7:51am On May 22, 2010
Megan Fox? Meg. . .Oh you mean the Poor Man's Angelina Jolie.

Meh, she's a'ight. . . I guess but she needs to do something about those lips. If she keeps pumping them up like that, I swear she's gonna start floating.

Re: her getting fired from the Franchise. . .guess that's what you get for flapping your plump lips about your boss.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2010
Sisi Kill. . .na wa for you oo. I don email tire.

We need to talk. . .which email address I wonder this time.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 1:09pm On May 22, 2010
But. . .but. . . I emailed you back from the usual.

Check it.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2010
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by justkunmi(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2010
Offtopic
Pls were did the movie club thread vanish to
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2010
justkunmi:

Offtopic
Pls were did the movie club thread vanish to
Mehn! I search for the topic I no see am. It has suddenly disappeared. shocked

@doyin13
I can play the role of "Militia" very well. grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 12:52am On May 23, 2010
Lol. Puff-puff girls. Spikie will double as both. tongue Gayin, mebbe you should send it to Femi Elufowoju at Tiata Fahodzi. They're into Nigerian plays.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 6:10am On May 23, 2010
Mad_Max:

Lol. Puff-puff girls. Spikie will double as both. tongue Gayin, mebbe you should send it to Femi Elufowoju at Tiata Fahodzi. They're into Nigerian plays.

lol. . .You truly are aware of Spikey's talents.

Will surely check out Tiata Fahodzi.
I am trying to tie up all the loose ends.
Make the thing look professional and less
of a farce. Thanks sha.

@Obinna

Are you trying to say you have a very
rotund belle. The person wey I base am
on is errr shall we say expansive at the
edges.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by justkunmi(m): 8:32am On May 23, 2010
Is there anyone in charge to get the thread back on?
How can a whole thread just vanish!?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by doyin13(m): 9:53am On May 23, 2010
justkunmi:

Is there anyone in charge to get the thread back on?
How can a whole thread just vanish!?

petition seun. . . .he will be able to get it back
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2010
The 2010 MTV Movie Awards will be held on June 6 2010. Aziz Ansari will be the host.
Here are some of the nominees:

BEST MOVIE
- Alice in Wonderland (2010)
- The Hangover
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon

BEST VILLIAN
Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds
Helena Bonham Carter in Alice in Wonderland
Ken Jeong in The Hangover
Stephen Lang in Avatar
Tom Felton in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The Last Song was initially one of the nominees in the Best Movie category. But it was later removed. I thank God for that.  kiss
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 4:13pm On May 25, 2010
TRUE BLOOD (TV SERIAL)

I knew the gifted Alan Ball created this series, but didn't give it a chance last year. I was disgusted by the sin, snakes and deep South religious motifs in its theme visuals and stopped watching after a few minutes. Caught someone watching it recently and voiced a snooty protest. He pointed to something I'd missed: a vampire at the end of the theme visuals. Everything shown is the South from the perspective of the vampire! Creepy. And brilliant. Decided to watch the series. Paquin is great as Sookie. Her brother's a dumbass. The gay black cook- no gay guy is that campy lol. Bill's Hawt. Ah like ahll thah unrequited lawve jes flyin' around. The race politics, vampire blood as an illegal narcotic, human-vampire relations: I did myself wrong not watching this last year. I'm a convert now. Ride awn, TB.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:16am On May 26, 2010
Whats the point of living now that Lost is over?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by SisiKill1: 8:25am On May 26, 2010
Awwwww Karma! Don't be like that. There will always be other shows. . .Trust me. I felt like that after X-files ended, thought I'd give up TV entirely after Sopranos, I hid in my room for days weeping my eyes when Pushing Daisies was cancelled (crap like two and the half men is on TV and they cancel PD!!! The injustice) I was almost committed when Arrested Development got the shaft (again crap like Two and the Half men is on TV and they cancel AD?? Gosh! I hate people!)

Anyway, the point is, I forget my point.

Gah! Now I'm depressed. sad
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:39am On May 26, 2010
I won't ask where you've been. Where ya been? Dexter's still there. I hear Flashforward isn't bad. I don't like Mad Men but some do. We all miss Lost but life must go on sniff sniff.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:59pm On May 26, 2010
^ What do you have against MadMen?

Sisi Im like huh wtf. life doesnt make sense anymore!!!

*sighs* I need to catch up with Dexter.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 1:16pm On May 28, 2010
"Alice in Wonderland (2010)" has made $1 billion worldwide and its currently the 6th highest selling film of all-time.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 10:17am On May 31, 2010
Mad Men seems to be all flash and no substance. It gets the period look nicely, but has no soul. January Jones' insipid doll-like smiling and mien drives me nuts. And the protagonist isn't interesting beyond the first season. He sleeps around, and comes up with the best Ads. That's all he does.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:56pm On May 31, 2010
You watched the other seasons?

I love January! I mean she's pretty much being true to how the women were at that time.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:57pm On May 31, 2010
I dont know what to watch cry

*sighs at Lost leaving her empty*

Maybe I should finally get into Breaking Bad.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 3:09pm On May 31, 2010
Seems the really great ones don't overstay their welcome. Battlestar, Lost, The Sopranos. I almost finished Mad Men season 2 before I got fed up. Jones seems the same smiley dollie everywhere I see her, from American Wedding to Bandits to Love Actually. And the great big secret past the guy was hiding was merely a change of identity. His brother kills himself. What for? No close childhood relationship between them was explored. There are few great serials left now, but some are still going strong, like Dexter and The Mentalist.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 11:29am On Jun 03, 2010
Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith - Never Say Never (soundtrack for "The Karate Kid"wink

"THE KARATE KID" (2010) hits theaters June 11, 2010.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5-P9v3F8w[/flash]
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
SPARTACUS BLOOD AND SAND

And I thought True Blood had excessive se.x scenes. It's child's play compared to this series. Any reason will do for s.hagging in Blood and Sand. The sky is blue? S.hag s.hag s.hag. Newton discovered laws of inertia? S.hag s.hag. Grass is green? You don't say. S.HAG!

Weave the historical story of Spartacus loosely around '300' film effects, virtual soft p.orn and graphic violence, and you're home! The acting and writing isn't mind-blowing , the plot is a little thin and predictable, but they compensate for that with goryness, the sh.ag, the whole sh.ag and nothing but the sh.ag so help them Starz. Nice to see Lucy Lawless again after her stint as Xena and a reporter on Battlestar Galactica.  

It's based on the historical Spartacus, who led a slave rebellion into Rome, was crushed and crucified, but who taught them a thing or two before that happened. The series doesn't much aim for historical accuracy, but there were some nice audience belly-rubbing moments, like when the widow had the brat who had her husband killed entrusted to her and out comes her knife. And the bully hitting on the poor guy whose lover had been killed? He, er, jumped to a conclusion.

It won't win The Greatest Series Ever, but it's far better than the really terrible Legend of the Seeker.

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Mad_Max
I hope it doesn't get canceled after 2 seasons.

The way TV shows are being canceled nowadays is quite appalling. "Heroes" and "FlashForward" are the two most recent shows that has been canceled and "Legend of the Seeker" might join them soon.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
Flashforward's been cancelled? Heroes I stopped watching after season1. Legend of the Seeker should have long been cancelled. It's terrible.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by obinna5000(m): 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2010
"The Tyra Banks Show" has come to an end after 5 seasons.
The popular talk show aired its last episode on May 28, 2010.

"Ugly Betty" has ended after 4 seasons. "Scrubs" has been canceled since March 2010.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
This thread will be split in a bit.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by MadMax1(f): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
I can't find the old thread anywhere. There are threads with longer pages than that, why split it? What's happened to all the posts in the old thread? And Doyin13, it isn't your thread, you're the newest contributor to it, how and why did you appropriate it? It's NOT right. Any of the old posters would be fine. You, very unseemly. What's going on here?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) by spikedcylinder: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2010
Max, any thread longer than 100 pages has to be split. I questioned the OP being doyin13 too but I was told the only way it can be split is from the first poster after the 100th page and that happened to be Doyin.
No vex. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wanted: Great Scripts And Stories For Movie Production / Genevieve, Funke , Mercy Johnson Nominated For AfricaMagic Viewers Awards / Startimes Bouquet Adjustment And New Channels Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.