Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,782 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere (13881 Views)

FG Releases N6.25 Billion For Cattle Ranches In Katsina / Presidential Campaign: Buhari Deceiving Tinubu, Says Afenifere / FG To Build 94 Ranches In 10 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by lastempero: 11:34am On Jun 27, 2018
All the regions are waking up from their slumber apart from Tinubu and osinbanma that have sold their soul for riches n fame no other person is supporting this beast of a govt,the 5% saw all this while sitting down but the sophiscated couldn't fathom it while standing.

10 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by sunbilor(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2018
grin
Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by PVision2020(m): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:
Afenifere should realise this is a situation which nobody would win.

To think we can wish away this situation is naive.

Whether Buhari is in power or not this problem would persist.

The longer it lingers the more lives would be lost.

If the presence or absence of buhari doesn't change anything then why didn't he allow the clueless GEJ to still remain in power, since both of them are ineffective buffoon.
Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by ManTiger(m): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2018
There are cattle ranches already all around Awa town close to ijebu ode
Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 27, 2018
debaj10:
who una b?

is d land ur propati?!

sai baba jor!

angry
Sai baba, true... Apply to Mohammed Buhari to cede your land, and after some decades you'll live to tell the story ...sai BABA.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by SalamRushdie: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

Your brothers have been offered the whole of Falgore forest reserve in Kano which has enough vegetation and waterholes to support over 200 million cattles indefinitely and it's also tse tse fly free meaning your tryponosomiasis prone cattles would be safe ... Why are your people not exploring that option but rather want plateau and Benue Valley.

8 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by uncjay(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

Unlike you, I do not need any payment to do my civic or social duty.

Simple question....

How much were you paid

give them cattle ranches everywhere and see how they will one day slit your throats and take your land. kwara, Ilorin is an example.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by lagdmark(m): 11:43am On Jun 27, 2018
Crocky23:
But Tinubu says they can bring in as many cows as they want.
Tinubu's greedy godfather politics will destroy the yorubaland, but I trust the intelligent SW folks the moment they wake from sleep
they will challenge and defeat him, SW no be Abookis.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 27, 2018
I'll advice we shouldn't give them space... Cedeing lands to this ranchers.... The phase would be like this, cow=herdsmen= Fulani families= violent herdsmen = total annilhation of community.... These ranches won't be complete without peaceful herdsmen, and when the peaceful herdsmen are settled they'll bring the violent ones, and there's nothing you can do because it's been laid in the constitution, and you had accepted. These words are enough for the wise. Don't live to regret tommorw while you can make the correction today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by nony629(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2018
ipoblogic:

Pained? It is hard for me to believe the Yoruba is saying this..
This was exactly Odumegwu Ojukwu saw more than 50 years ago. And what did the Yoruba do?
Anyway, what can i say?
Good Morning, Yoruba

don't mind them. ...God bless ojukwu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by eagleeye3: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

The middle belt handle this situation with kids glove, today they have themselves to blame.
Let these herdsmen RANCH. Cattle rearing is a lucrative business, so why can't they pull resources together and ranch if doing it individually will be to much.
The era of grazing cattle on peoples farm is over and it's archaic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Lilimax(f): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2018
lagdmark:

Tinubu's greedy godfather politics will destroy the yorubaland, but I trust the intelligent SW folks the moment they wake from sleep
they will challenge and defeat him, SW no be Abookis.
Seems they usually sees the Abokis as their superiors may be due to Islam?
Afterall with all these senseless killings and no measure to curb it, how can somebody anoints this present leadership to continue>

Any way, we're all in it together! shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Billygee2u: 11:48am On Jun 27, 2018
nwakibie3:
The pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, has rejected Federal Government’s proposed cattle ranches in the six states of the Southwest and other Yoruba-speaking states.

It described the plan as an imperialist agenda to create Federal cattle territories across Nigeria.

At its monthly meeting yesterday at the home of its leader, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Afenifere cautioned the Federal Government against imposing any harsh policy on the nation.

In a communique issued at the end of the meeting and read by its National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, the organisation said cattle-rearing is a private business.

It insisted that the government had no business getting involved, if there was no sinister.

The group insisted that “no plot of land in Yoruba land will be available for such cattle ranch and no governor should cede any land for such”.

Afenifere said: “We are devastated by the genocide that took place in Plateau State on Sunday in which over 200 deaths occurred, by eyewitnesses accounts, but the police admitted 100.

“These wanton killings and official irresponsibility portrays Nigeria as a barbaric entity. We, the Yoruba, are pained living in the same space with the bestial elements who kill innocent people in cruel manner.

“The images of children killed mercilessly with open skulls make anyone with human blood flowing in his or her veins to shrink. We are further distressed that the response of President Muhammadu Buhari to the murder of hundreds of our citizens did not attract a word of sympathy or regret.

“It is very infuriating that the President’s response and that of Miyetti Allah appeared to have been authored from the same laptop. The Chairman of the North Central zone of Miyetti Allah, Danladi Ciroma, said the attacks were a retaliation for the loss of 300 cows…”

http://thenationonlineng.net/we-wont-tolerate-cattle-ranches-in-southwest-says-afenifere/
you guys should stop making empty noise and beating your flat chests.
Everyone knows that Afonjas can't refuse to carry their slave masters order.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Billygee2u: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2018
nwakibie3:
The pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, has rejected Federal Government’s proposed cattle ranches in the six states of the Southwest and other Yoruba-speaking states.

It described the plan as an imperialist agenda to create Federal cattle territories across Nigeria.

At its monthly meeting yesterday at the home of its leader, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Afenifere cautioned the Federal Government against imposing any harsh policy on the nation.

In a communique issued at the end of the meeting and read by its National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, the organisation said cattle-rearing is a private business.

It insisted that the government had no business getting involved, if there was no sinister.

The group insisted that “no plot of land in Yoruba land will be available for such cattle ranch and no governor should cede any land for such”.

Afenifere said: “We are devastated by the genocide that took place in Plateau State on Sunday in which over 200 deaths occurred, by eyewitnesses accounts, but the police admitted 100.

“These wanton killings and official irresponsibility portrays Nigeria as a barbaric entity. We, the Yoruba, are pained living in the same space with the bestial elements who kill innocent people in cruel manner.

“The images of children killed mercilessly with open skulls make anyone with human blood flowing in his or her veins to shrink. We are further distressed that the response of President Muhammadu Buhari to the murder of hundreds of our citizens did not attract a word of sympathy or regret.

“It is very infuriating that the President’s response and that of Miyetti Allah appeared to have been authored from the same laptop. The Chairman of the North Central zone of Miyetti Allah, Danladi Ciroma, said the attacks were a retaliation for the loss of 300 cows…”

http://thenationonlineng.net/we-wont-tolerate-cattle-ranches-in-southwest-says-afenifere/
you guys should stop making empty noise and beating your flat chests.
Everyone knows that Afonjas can't refuse to carry their slave masters orders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by blackaxe78: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2018
Crocky23:

Dont you consume beef?

Its a fact a tribe controls that trade and we must face facts instead of Ethno-religious excuses.

Proffer solutions and not just rejecting.

In as much you try to shy away from the fact staring at you, you wont still be able to give better solutions other than ranching.

Please dont tell me we start putting beef on railines from the North to other parts of the country, Or your people have enough cattle to invest in. And dont tell me you can boycott beef.

Give solutions that will be gain to everybody.

If you want to discuss logically, am with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Paperwhite(m): 11:51am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:
Afenifere should realise this is a situation which nobody would win. To think we can wish away this situation is naive.
Whether Buhari is in power or not this problem would persist.The longer it lingers the more lives would be lost.
Gov.Ganduje of Kano invited the fulanis to come over as his state have a vast expanse of lush grassland to accommodate them but they refused but instead opted for the Benue valley & other parts of the middle belt.
You can cede your family/community to them for all we care or alternatively advice the killer fulanis to head for Sambisa forest.What nonsense! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by kennykg(m): 11:52am On Jun 27, 2018
Who's we
How can some group of selfish greedy men say they are speaking for us.
Am a Yoruba and I don't know them neither can I say they asked for my option before coming out to make a statement

Did they make any statement when Lagos land use tax was increased by 400,%?

Did they make any statement when badoo was terrorizing yorubas (Nigerians ) in ikorodu,Lagos ?

Did they make any statements when Lagos was filled with refuses ?

Did they make any statements when Yorubas( Nigerian's) workers are still been owed salaries from months ?

Did they make any statements when Yoruba (Nigerians ) pensioners die while fighting ,protesting, parading courts to get their entitled pensions?

Did they make any statements to urge or condem any your Yoruba state governor for not providing basic amenities to its citizens ?

Now they are coming out to say what ?

I just hope Nigerians soon realized this people don't speak for us but themselves.

We need to speak for ourselves, follow what's right ,act the right way,elect the right people and talk more of peace, development and solutions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by statusquoante: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

There is enough land in the north for grazing reserves/cattle ranches/cattle colonies.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by GavelSlam: 11:53am On Jun 27, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Your brothers have been offered the whole of Falgore forest reserve in Kano which has enough vegetation and waterholes to support over 200 million cattles indefinitely and it's also tse tse fly free meaning your tryponosomiasis prone cattles would be safe ... Why are your people not exploring that option but rather want plateau and Benue Valley.

I don't know much about what has been offered to the Fulani people.

I would carry out research in this area.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by bimgo: 11:53am On Jun 27, 2018
Omo odu toda iwa---omo oduduwa, let's wake up and resist this. Buhari is a terrorist.
Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Billygee2u: 11:54am On Jun 27, 2018
irepnaija4eva:
We on other side of the Niger (ipob yoots and Niger delta) support you on this...
Honestly I really pity the NothernChristians.

Modified... Where the hell is Gowon angry angry
Where is Danjuma..I just hope they've begged for forgiveness cos this calamity they brought on their people will continue to hurt them even to the grave.
It will even get worst as the year goes by.
Damn..they are even on the brink of extinction.
Why the bare silence of Paul unogo Has he lost his voice?

You see brethren one thing with kamar is that...
It NEVER FORGETS..
Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by chloride6: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2018
blackaxe78:

Dont you consume beef?

Its a fact a tribe controls that trade and we must face facts instead of Ethno-religious excuses.

Proffer solutions and not just rejecting.

In as much you try to shy away from the fact staring at you, you wont still be able to give better solutions other than ranching.

Please dont tell me we start putting beef on railines from the North to other parts of the country, Or your people have enough cattle to invest in. And dont tell me you can boycott beef.

Give solutions that will be gain to everybody.

If you want to discuss logically, am with you

Dont you use a TV in your home too?

Is the TV produced in Nigeria?

Let the Fulani ranch in the North and move the cows by road here.

NOBODY likes the Fulani.

How long will it take you people to understand that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Westaslave2(f): 11:56am On Jun 27, 2018
but sophiscated moo said dat yinka odumakin is ipob

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Nukualofa: 11:57am On Jun 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

Shut up OGA. take them to Itsekiri land to graze your papa compound

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by bart10: 11:58am On Jun 27, 2018
Crocky23:

Who’s Tinubu? This game is beyond him right now. We’re talking about human lives and not some cheap politics. angry

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by GavelSlam: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2018
Nukualofa:
Shut up OGA. take them to Itsekiri land to graze your papa compound

Whatever solution that would lead to long lasting peace is welcomed by me.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by BiafraIShere(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ndi Igbo ibem, orukwaala nu o. Asi na agha eyiri eyi anaghi eri ngworo. Ukpana okpoko buuru, nti chiri ya. Ndi ugwu naha akwadokwala maka ogu. Biko, ndibeanyi ndi no na north, bidokwanu ugbua bulatawa ihe ndi unu nwere ike ibulata ma obu ree nke unu n'agaghi ebunwu. Things have really gone from bad to terrible in Nigeria today. I have a sickening feeling that this is Deja vu once again. When you carefully study the events happening in quick succession; Buhari's attitude and body language, T.Y Danjuma's alarm, the genocide sweeping across the middle belt, the audacious acts and utterances of the fulanis etc then nobody needs a wizard to tell him that sh!t is about to hit the fan. What is going on in Nigeria today are exactly similar to what happened in 1966 Nigeria, Rwanda and Bosnia before hell was let loose. I wont be surprised if the American embassy, the British embassy and others are already making contingency plans on how to evacuate their staff and families when things go out of hand. The SE and SS must unite now and be prepared for any eventuality, I'm only happy that we are a bit psychologically prepared at least relative to our SW counterparts who are yet to smell the coffee, and still believes in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by resurgent2019: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
kennykg:
Who's we
How can some group of selfish greedy men say they are speaking for us.
Am a Yoruba and I don't know them neither can I say they asked for my option before coming out to make a statement

Did they make any statement when Lagos land use tax was increased by 400,%?

Did they make any statement when badoo was terrorizing yorubas (Nigerians ) in ikorodu,Lagos ?

Did they make any statements when Lagos was filled with refuses ?

Did they make any statements when Yorubas( Nigerian's) workers are still been owed salaries from months ?

Did they make any statements when Yoruba (Nigerians ) pensioners die while fighting ,protesting, parading courts to get their entitled pensions?

Did they make any statements to urge or condem any your Yoruba state governor for not providing basic amenities to its citizens ?

Now they are coming out to say what ?

I just hope Nigerians soon realized this people don't speak for us but themselves.

We need to speak for ourselves, follow what's right ,act the right way,elect the right people and talk more of peace, development and solutions

I am a Yoruba man and afenifere speaks for me and millions of Yorubas. Do you want the Fulanis to claim our lands and kill us like they are doing in the middle belt?

Kilo ma’n se eyin imale yii gan sef? Wahala yin ti poju jareeee. You are a disgrace if you are really yoruba.

Omo ako igba!

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Billygee2u: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Lilimax:

Seems they usually sees the Abokis as their superiors may be due to Islam?
Afterall with all these senseless killings and no measure to curb it, how can somebody anoints this present leadership to continue>

Any way, we're all in it together! shocked
Re: We Won’t Tolerate Cattle Ranches In Southwest, Says Afenifere by Billygee2u: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
eagleeye3:

The middle belt handle this situation with kids glove, today they have themselves to blame.
Let these herdsmen RANCH. Cattle rearing is a lucrative business, so why can't they pull resources together and ranch if doing it individually will be to much.
The era of grazing cattle on peoples farm is over and it's archaic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Denied Foreign Loans Over Herdsmen/farmers’ Clashes – Lai Mohammed / Fuel Scarcity Throttles Abuja Residents, Business, Government Silent / 2019: Middle Belt Will Slug It Out With Far North —Hon Bitrus Kaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.