Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,074 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 (11032 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

South Africa: 23% (12 votes)
Uraguay: 71% (37 votes)
Draw: 5% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by chamotex(m): 1:18am On Jun 17, 2010
sage:

No problems guy. Im sorry too if I came across the wrong way as my intention was not to insult. I am an Italian league fan and I know Massimo Bussacar is one of the best around. I had seen replays done to check for offside while watching the game and it was clear Suarez started his run in an on-side position and the goalkeeper had contact with Suarez hence penalty.

I cant believe you truly watch Italian football then mate.

Massimo Busacca is from Switzerland not Italy
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 4:45am On Jun 17, 2010
chamotex:

I cant believe you truly watch Italian football then mate.

Massimo Busacca is from Switzerland not Italy

Yeah mate. I am the biggest Milan fan on this site and those who have been members of this forums sports section from 2005 would remember that. Just not as active on this site as I used to be following Milan's recent decline cry. You dont feel like coming here to defend your team after a 4-0 trashing these days when it used to be the other way around grin. I ment to reference the games he officated over Milan. All the games Mr Busacca has officiated in for Milan including our hideous 4-0 trashing at the hands of Man U have been fair to me. He is not one of the refs Milan fans moan about and I think by and large he is a good ref. He is going to make mistakes but I think he is among the best.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by princekevo(m): 6:17am On Jun 17, 2010
Make una dey here dey argue abt S.A match and the officiating. You guys will not concentrate on Nigerians match today. Coz am sure you guys will expirience the worst officiating in the history of world cup today. Today Nigeria will feel the likeness from the world. Think about you own life before whining abt S.A match that already ended.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 6:20am On Jun 17, 2010
And no, it's not OFF-SIDE if the ball touches you behind the last defender - as long as you don't move behind the defence line BEFORE THE PASS

No.Totally wrong.

Pass by Forlan = Suarez starts run, onside

Cavani redirects ball = Suarez is offside

Cavani touch changed the direction of the ball and counts as a new pass. Hence OFFSIDE.

BTW: Today's ref for Nigeria is the guy that didn't give Eboue a penalty 4 years ago against Holland.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Mpele(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2010
It is so sad! As long as we have racist referees, Africa will never win the world cup!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by oisehumen(m): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2010
I can't imagine African teams given bad officiating on African soil.
Disaster!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Ralvy(m): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2010
Lol! I stopped watching the match after they scored the second goal (80+ mins), didn't know a 'third' goal was added shocked
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by oisehumen(m): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2010
Horrible play from South Africa.
Uruguay gave them man to man marking, but they just allowed them to have a field day.

Big big shame!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2010
Uruguay clearly deserved to win. . .  they were by far the better side!

So sad on such a special day in SA history too. . . .  In the first WC on African soil, for the very first time, the host nation will not progress beyond the group stage. . . So, so sad! sad
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2010
Don't jump the boat with RSA not advancing. Yes, it is unlikely, but if France and Mexico draw today it is reasonably possible. All (sic!) RSA would then have to do is win with France. If Mexico or France win than we can say it's a done deal, as South Africa would not only have to win, but win with a superior goal margin.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2010
Even at 0-1 Bafana Bafana never looked like they could come back; so bad officiating is not the issue here. . . .

Perreira shoulda played with 2 forwards outright cuz they were really flat-footed in attack & I have never quite liked the choice of Mphela upfront - Parker woulda been better suited, he is quicker, sharper, energetic & way livelier than Mphela; we saw a glimpse of his worth at the Confedie cup, wonder why they leave him out on the bench. . .  or at best, play both Mphela & Parker upfront.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2010
marutimon:

Don't jump the boat with RSA not advancing. Yes, it is unlikely, but if France and Mexico draw today it is reasonably possible. All (sic!) RSA would then have to do is win with France. If Mexico or France win than we can say it's a done deal, as South Africa would not only have to win, but win with a superior goal margin.

this is 1 boat i think i can jump fairly comfortably. . . . SA is out of this 1 4 sure!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2010
RuuDie: I have yet to see anyone on this forum who disputes Uruguay deserving the win. Refereeing aside the Uruguayans deserved 3 points and got three points.

Still - 1:0 is not 2:0 or 3:0 and that 3:0 may be key to South Africa's chances to progress from the group.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2010
South Africa is only out FOR SURE after the France game. Before that it's just speculation. If Mexico and France draw today than South Africa's chances of progressing are very much alive (given they play much better than yesterday).
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Kx: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2010
In SA against Uruguay, we witnessed the end of vuvuleza part 1.
In SA against France, we shall see the death of vuvuzela, part 2 as SA will go down 2 nil to France.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 8:37am On Jun 17, 2010
Lol, The vuvuzela may die, but it will resurrect in the very next game :-D

Just hope RSA will have a team to cheer for in the later stages and won't become disinterested with the cup.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Bawses(m): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2010
This is just a conspiracy against African football. Yes the Uruguayian were by far the better team of the night, so also was Italy against the Koreans in 2002, but we all so what happened. When Forlan made the pass, saurez was onside, but as a result of the deflection from Cavani which is now regarded as a new pass, because the direction of the ball changed, it thereby put Suarez on an offside position. Against Italy, the Koreans were highly favoured because they where on home soil.
If south Africa exit at the 1st round, it will affect the crowd capacity in subsequent matches thereby giving the opportunity to lebel the 1st world cup in Africa a Flop in terms of match attendance which will affect any other African bid in the future.
Why wasn't the conspiracy used to enable the Koreans last longer in the 2002 not applied for the south africans( mind u politics exist everywhere, like it or not). IS IT REALLY AFRICA'S TIME TO SHINE?
My two pence.

GO FOR GOAL SUPER EAGLES!!!!!
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2010
South Africa is OUT. . . .anybody wan bet? grin grin  I nor mind make I hammer some small change o. . . tongue
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by otokx(m): 9:18am On Jun 17, 2010
There is no doubt in my mind that South Africa is out; hope Nigeria follows them today.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 9jarian: 9:31am On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

There is no doubt in my mind that South Africa is out; hope Nigeria follows them today.

That is such a pessimist view. Go for goal Nigeria Super Eagles, NaijaBet ting all the way. grin gonna make some quid off this one.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by gentlegg(m): 9:32am On Jun 17, 2010
I didn't watch the game, but I've watched the clip posted by Marutimon over & over now. It's crystal clear that the Uruguay's player was 100% offside. It was the last guy that touched the ball that actually passed the ball. I can't understand why the linesman didn't flag offside for that.

But as for the penalty and the red card. To me, the thing was actually a penalty because, though the keeper actually went for the ball but he didn't make contact with the ball, hence he just fell the player down. According to Fifa rule, any tackle against an opponent with ball that u couldn't make contact with the ball itself is assumed to be a foul. The keepers leg fell down the guy without touching the ball, so to me is a foul. But I don't think that deserves a red card because 1. the keeper didn't fell/tackle the player from the back but tackle in front of the player. 2. the keeper was the last man left, so obviously he must make an attempt to stop the guy from scoring.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by djcrucifix(m): 10:05am On Jun 17, 2010
i guess southafrica will be the first hosting nation in history to crash out from the preliminary stages cos i don't see them beating france.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 17, 2010
mama-gee:

South Africa sucked throughout the whole match and it looked like the referee was against them.

The players were scared of taking shots or something plus they didn't dribble throughout the whole match.

They didn't even make an attempt to score. . .

I even foresaw the penalty against them.

Did u watch the match at all? SAs played brilliantly and the only pyoblem they had was the Tshabalala guy taking Okocha-like shots. Plus their clear desperation in the second half caused them to make silly mistakes!

But even as good as they were, they are not match for the Ura's anytime anyday.

I bet the Uraguay team would have given Nig. 10-0!  undecided
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by malaika(f): 10:41am On Jun 17, 2010
::
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 14(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2010
The South American are good in fooling the referee, they dive all over the park looking for penalty. It was not a surprised when the guy from Uruguay just kicked the goal keeper and fell. You could see that the guy was falling before he was even kicked. and he stretched his leg outward so to reach Kune's leg for him to make a contact. It was very clever move, in a situation like this and the referee is by no means nutral, it was clear that he was going to give them a penalty.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RuuDie(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2010
marutimon:

RuuDie: I have yet to see anyone on this forum who disputes Uruguay deserving the win. Refereeing aside the Uruguayans deserved 3 points and got three points.

Still - 1:0 is not 2:0 or 3:0 and that 3:0 may be key to South Africa's chances to progress from the group.

the scoreline is irrelevant; the south africans could afford anything but a loss in this game. even if the french/mexicans draw again today, qualification is still not assured for south africa.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 14(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
True, miracles have to happen to find ourselves in the next round. But the possibility is still there.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dustydee: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
really disappointed
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by 14(m): 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
Four countries dissapointing in AFRICA: RSA, Nigeria, Cameroon and Algeria. Nigeria has to do us proud this afternoon. I think there is just too much pressure on African teams to do well on this first African World Cup
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by RSA(m): 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
YAH,disapointing indeed.We where never really in the game,and deserve to loose.although the second goal was an offside,we where still going to loose.Our boys where not playing,slow,loosing possesion.And the coach was not helping the cause,he was like a captain who was watching his ship sinking without doing anything to save it.After halftime Bernard Parker should have replaced Teko Modise and Novethe for Tshabalala.

But like any South African I say hope is not all lost,there are possibilties and at the moment we can only hope and pray.

I wish Naija all the best against Greece,and they must remember that a loose for them today means ticket to Abuja.So make us proud.We need that first goal and first win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Man Utd Don't Sign African Players / Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 / EFL Cup: How Nigerian Players Fared For Their Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.