Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt (4002 Views)

Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police / Uniport Students Protest: Live Feeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by supereagle(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2010
Port Harcourt— Two students of University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, were killed on the school campus during a fight, with members of Man-O-War, following a disagreement over N100, to complete the full payment of a cell-phone allegedly sold to one of the students by a Man-O-War member.
Vanguard learnt that a member of the uniform organisation had sold a phone to the final year student, identified as Bassey on an agreed amount. The student was said to have had difficulties, completing the payment, which was remaining N100.
Angered by the seeming foot-dragging of Bassey over the remaining money, the uniform man accosted the student, which led to trading of words, and eventually resulted to a fight.
Bassey, was said to have been seriously beaten by other Man-O-War members, who joined in the fight, following which he slumped and died.
A friend of Bassey, also a student, who attempted to rescue him from the grip of the uniformed men, was equally beaten to death. Stunned by the development, other students re-grouped, chased and fought every available Man-O-War member on campus, setting their belongings ablaze.
When contacted, Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Dr. Rita Inoma-Abbey told Vanguard that she was aware of “only one student, who was killed by Man-O-War”, but did not know of a second student, said to be a police officer, who died in the fracas.
Although the Public Relations Officer, PRO of the institution could not be reached, it was learnt that students were orderedto vacate the campus.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/07/2-uniport-students-killed-over-n100-debt/
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by daylae(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
They should leave those man-o-war at the mercy of other students too,so they'll know how it feels to be beaten tn death. I just hate those cocky guys with uniforms.
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by imzy: 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
its so sad to know that it was because of N100 thats why two students were killed, @daylae i agree wit you,seriously those stupid Man-o-War guyz shuld be dealt wit,
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by topgear(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2010
i am a member of the man o war uniport command.the fact is some of our officers are fucking up big time.we carry out very strong anti-cult operations that secures the school at large.but peaple fail to recognise those aspects.man o war we are commited to the security of students and the school its just that now some officers are cult members but we are dissolving them.so if you have any information on any student who is a man o war member and a cultist.pls inform the cso uniport.
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by AnEnigma(m): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2010
topgear:

i am a member of the man o war uniport command.the fact is some of our officers are bleeping up big time.we carry out very strong anti-cult operations that secures the school at large.but peaple fail to recognise those aspects.man o war we are commited to the security of students and the school its just that now some officers are cult members but we are dissolving them.so if you have any information on any student who is a man o war member and a cultist.pls inform the cso uniport.
What do you take us for? a bunch of kids from kindergaten?
How can you beat somebody to death over 100 naira and you come here to defend your cretinous members?
With all due respect topgear SHUT THE HELL UP, your scooby doo missions to secure your theiving and oppressing behinds is all you carry out. You guys are a shame and a disgrace to Nigerian students as a whole, I schooled in Uniport for 5 whole years and I am sorry to say there is nothing remotely good about the Man O war.

You are all made up of power drunk cultists, and I only blame the past cultists for giving you guys so much power. Is there ever anytime that you do not beat students? and always for silly reasons. You better take yourself and join your friends, you guys are lucky some of us have left the system because you have no place in civilization.
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by daylae(m): 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^dont mind the mam-o-war guy,telling us jazz! I think the man-o-war thing should jusk be scraped,cus they've totally missed the essence of why it was established in the first place.
@imzy very unfortunate! I can't imagine how devastated their parents;killing their children cus of #100. Those guys must be thinking of graduating,and going for service,but some bastard just kill their dreams and efforts by taking their lives. Sad!
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by topgear(m): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2010
young men.what happened was unfortunate.but that was not what realy happened.thats the official story.you said you have stayed in uniport for five yrs.have you ever wondered why uniport has cooled down a little not like it was before.we are a very strong paramillitary organization.it is because of the strong agresiveness of some of our officers.peaple think its a cult related thing.we hate cultism.we fite cultist.because of some of our anti-cult operations it has led to some of our officers being gunned down by cultist.about 2 yrs ago,we lost 2 officers because information got to us about a particular cult group came to us that they were recruiting innocent people reading in classrooms.so we waged a war against them.and this led to the killing of two of our officers by cult members.we are not civilians.we trained security personels.i was in man o war for my seven yrs i spent in uniport readin medicine.i am now a colonel in the nigerian army. 4th battion.armed division 6.what happened was realy unfortunate.MAN O WAR AGILITY 4EVA
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by tchituz(m): 4:59am On Jun 21, 2010
@top gear no dey lie for nigerians.i jus finished 4rum upee,no body recruits nobody in nyt class.is it in choba or ofrima clasess.did i jus hear u say u fought.hahaha u make me laugh.shit lie.wen u dey prepare 4mbbs.man o war sucks.all tru ma stay in sch notin good culd b said of dem.u nid to c d brutality of these guys.shaa dem dey look face.dem wan run from mandela.weaklings,
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by johndavid1(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2010
may their souls rest in peace cry cry cry
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by mikuz(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
Topgear wit due respect - if it was ur relativ dat was involvd in dis wud u stil cme here 2 vomit dis rubish ? Man o war is a disgrace.PERIOD!
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by stynn: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2010
Its horrible when i read stories like this! And the shame is in when people like the guy who calls himself a general in the army and serving or ex manOwar stands up to defend their stupid act. I graduated from Uniport 6yrs ago, and of the four yrs i spent there, i hated the manOwar with a passion. They are just a bunch of ignorant folks who thrive in the weakness of poor students who they claim to protect. They head robbries, cult activities, rapping of girls and wat have u. Imagine the pain the family of those 2boys will be feeling now. The next thing will be to brand the dead boys cultists and that it was in the interest of security that it happened. I think it reflects where we are as a people and that in our country anything goes. I bet u this is totally unacceptable anywhere in the worl! Am so furious right now.
Re: 2 Uniport Students Killed Over N100 Debt by topgear(m): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
got more info on what realy happened.honestly speaking,its a realy sad story and the man owar bleeped up bigtime.wen i was in uniport it was`nt like this.i think man o war in that school is now forgeting thier mandate giving to them by the school which is to maintain peace and secure the lifes of thier fellow students.

(1) (Reply)

English Language Syllabus For JAMB 2018/2019 / Nairaland Interschool Debate: Winner:UNIBEN / JAMB Re-upload- All Candidates To Re-upload Their O’ Level Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.