Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? (6963 Views)

Federal Ministry Of Labour Not Recruiting / Fcmb Or FINA TRUST Microfinancebank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by BIGERBOY1: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2010
Last time I posted that FCMB pays its contract staffs peanuts (25k) and yet they expect them to bring 5 million monthly, bear in mind that the bank does not provide transportation allowance or car, or even call cards to make calls.

That aside, after working for  full month and spending more than 25k a month on transport (we mostly use drops in abuja[b]), fcmb paid its contract staff 13,709[/b]!!!! claiming the offer letter was handed out 2 weeks after we started!!! (then why the hell did they ask us to start working the first day of the month).

Now we put that behind us, this month we were informed that any one who doesn't open up to 5 accounts will not be payed even the basic of 25k. note that this 25k is what we hope will recoup the money spent on transportation and phone calls which the bank doesn't provide. If the bank doesn't pay commission if you don't meet your target, that is justifiable. But sending people out to fend for themselves and not to even provide 4 transportation amounts to moral bankruptcy.

When working for a recharge card vendor in the past we were paid 15k basic, a 500 naira daily transportation allowance and a 10k recharge card monthly. Now what justification has a bank got not to treat its staffs better.

For my part I have an offer coming up soon somewhere.  But I feel its not right we keep quiet while these so called banks exploit our graduates. and even though I can do nothing I will speak out and hope those who can act hear our oppressed voice, and do something about it

And lest any quack banker come up here and tell us nonsense, we are all graduates not diploma holders and I even have a masters and am a CFA candidate.

God help us.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by kenny1st(m): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
This is not only happening in FCMB oo. Nowadays in the banking industry, whatever one bank starts, it cut accross to other banks and most of these things are ways to cut cost in order to make more profits at the detriment of innocent/poor applicants . I wonder what our representatives in the seat of power are doing about this ugly incidence, it is gradually becoming unbearable.

In skye bank, BSC with 2.1 are being employed now as OUTSORCE staff. I hate, with a passion this outsource thing. This is crazy method now in the industry to enslave people, by denying them their rights/entitlements. What the staff are paid at the end of the month is the basic (peanut) with no other additional penny, it is pathetic.

To the bank executives: WHAT ABOUT THE BANKERS' CREED that stated that your staff should be paid well ?
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by aieromon(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2010
Here we go again undecided
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by SirWelly: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2010
BiggerBoy, did i hear u say that [b]"we are all graduates not diploma holders" [/b] What are you trying to bring out in that? Are you better than Diploma Holders be it OND or HND with all the spelling/grammatical blunder committed in your story. GOD will help our "igbalode" nowadays graduates.

Please correct the following errors in red. Thank you.

"
Last time I posted that fcmb pays its contract staffs peanuts (25k) and yet they expect them to bring 5 million monthly, bear in mind that the bank does not provide transportation allowance or car, or even call cards to make calls.

That aside, after working for full month and spending more than 25k a month on transport (we mostly use drops in abuja), fcmb paid its contract staff 13,709!!!! claiming the offer letter was handed out 2 weeks after we started!!! (then why the hell did they ask us to start working the first day of the month).

Now we put that behind us, this month we were informed that any one who doesn't open up to 5 acounts will not be payed even the basic of 25k. note that this 25k is what we hope will recoup the money spent on transportation and phone calls which the bank doesn't provide. If the bank doesn't pay commission if u dont meet your target, that is justifiable. But sending pple out to fend for themselves and not to even provide 4 transportation amounts to moral bankrupcy.

When working 4 a racharge card vendor in the past we were paid 15k basic, a 500 naira daily transportation allowance and a 10k recharge card montly. Now what justification has a bank got not to treet its staffs better.

For my part I have an offer comming up soon somewhere. But I feel its not right we keep quite while these so called banks exploit our graduates. and even though i can do nothing i will speek out and hope those who can act hear our oppressed voice, and do something about it

And less any quacky banker come up here and tell us nonsence, we are all graduates not diploma holders and I even have a masters and am a CFA candidate.

God help us
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2010
Nigerians we can talk and do nothing we all know talk is cheap.someone is trying to bring to light the probs of labour laws in the society instead smeone else is highlighting the guys fault pls lets be focused a crime is happening how do we stp it?

1 Like

Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by tuns10: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
i really wonder how the issue of grammatical error overrides the main topic.this guy is complaining about a sad situation and all u could do was to complain about his spellings shocked shocked shocked shocked,i guess this is a forum where one's expressions could be made in whichever and however way as long as the message is passed and understood

@poster dont worry the sun would soon shine on you in the right places,the reason fcmb is doing that is because they got cheap labour and labour laws are not strong enough,just try to intensify your job search and i hope u get a better offer.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by kissyspark(f): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2010
there u go again, stop lying, thats why u may never grow. the bank says if u dont open any account of atleast 50k no salary for u. so u dnt knw that u ve to work in order to make pay? tell the people hw it is. cos am a DSA and i tell ur mates in ABUJA are making 300k MONTHLY ure there misbehaving.
if ure a performer, they give u car, the only reason they dnt give u car is becos ue BM knows that u will burn her fuel and bring back nothing.
if you cant bring deposit, give loan and stop fooling around.
GET SERIOUS WITH YOUR LIFE
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Samrose: 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2010
May God have mercy on some our Bank Executives for dealing unfairly with our graduates. But do you blame them? when the government is not thinking of how to ensure reliable job creation mechanism that can drive our economic growth, what would you expect my brothers and sisters?
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by dexla(f): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
so sad, even government workers are earning more than u do
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by saintchux(m): 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
if you can not withstand the heat, do not go near fire.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by surugede(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2010
saintchux:

if you can not withstand the heat, do not go near fire.

this is the most stupid comment I have aver seen on NL. I dnt wont believe u r one of such earning 25k who has a trget of 5million and the only thing I can hear you say is, " if u cant stand the heat leave the fire" i am sorry for your soul
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by pappy2000: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2010
Na wa O.
You don't blame the banks,they need to survive
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by pappy2000: 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ kissspark

I know say your yansh don hot.
Fool.
How do you think it is easy to get that kind of money in this country.

Your location is port harcourt

I know that some of the ph boys go don use you tire.
Foool

1 Like

Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by sizzlers(m): 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2010
pappy2000:

@ kissspark

I know say your yansh don hot.
Fool.
How do you think it is easy to get that kind of money in this country.

Your location is port harcourt

I know that some of the ph boys go don use you tire.
Foool
O boy why u dey talk like this now! lets show some maturity here please
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by wazobiang: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2010
bigger boi, i tell u, i am not happy with the paltry salary paid to human beans in this country. but what can be done? i believe this problem is a phase, the bank's used to pay well before. in fact they used to be flambouyant. cars, fine chics with better weavon, guys trapped in the best suits.

but my guy some of the bank's lost up to 380 billion naira last year. if you lose that kind of money, you'll sack plenty staff and pursue anybody that complains of low salary with any readily available weapon until you have exerted you frustration on them.

don worry bigger bois, its just a phase. they're riding out a storm. some bank staff are thanking God that they were able to retain their jobs. Ok, i tell, do you know that some stock brokers, last year, worked for no salary.

go figure.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Olabrown: 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2010
May God help us all.Its a sorry case which is applicable to all concern,mind you FCMB would not just create policy that would affect their operations negatively so don't let us paint them black.If you can't beat them join them.cheers.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by pappy2000: 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ sizzlers
I am sorry but how can someone talk that way.

I am sure the girls can tell us what they undergo to meet this target
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by zobay(m): 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
@Biger boy, am so sorry for u bt never mind just do ur best n wat worth doin,  n intensify ur job search. I was once in that kind situation b4 ( i was earning 12.5k/month wif my certificate n grade) bt I thank God today.

@Sir wer**** or wale or werin be ur name sef we know ur type na complex they worry u. "Ki la gbe ki lonju"
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by PastorOla1: 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2010
haba!!!!!!! fcmb
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by osbar67: 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2010
@Sir Welly link
BiggerBoy, did i hear u say that [b]"we are all graduates not diploma holders" [/b] What are you trying to bring out in that? Are you better than Diploma Holders be it OND or HND with all the spelling/grammatical blunder committed in your story. GOD will help our "igbalode" nowadays graduates.

Don't be in a hurry to show your inferiority complex! The guy's just saying that nobody should come and start saying it's because he has this or that certificate that he's being treated that way.what's so hard to understand in that?Must u tell everybody that u have ND or HND that u're not satisfied with?

I did not remember him asking you to teach him English either.Infact, na which peson papa language be english 4 naija sef?
@poster
Na so banks dey use people here sha,the situation na if u no want am resign go stay house @ least they know say like 3 to 4 million people dey outside de wait 4 the job.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by mansmith(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2010
slave trade is back?
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by babaowo: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2010
nah wha oooo after many years of study
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2010
complain! complain! complain!

We will keep complaining until we learn to use our heads and device means of being self-employed. I was made to understand that's what saved Ghanaians before their government now wake up to work for the people.

We should remove the notion that until we have a million Naira before we can start up on our own. think up what u can start with 50k or less and u r heading to becoming a future employer.

God help us.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
complain! complain! complain!

We will keep complaining until we learn to use our heads and device means of being self-employed. I was made to understand that's what saved Ghanaians before their government now wake up to work for the people.

We should remove the notion that until we have a million Naira before we can start up on our own. think up what u can start with 50k or less and u r heading to becoming a future employer.

God help us.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Osama10(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
Thats naija for you.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2010
Sir Welly:

"
Last time I posted that fcmb pays its contract staffs peanuts (25k) and yet they expect them to bring 5 million monthly, bear in mind that the bank does not provide transportation allowance or car, or even call cards to make calls.

That aside, after working for full month and spending more than 25k a month on transport (we mostly use drops in abuja), fcmb paid its contract staff 13,709!!!! claiming the offer letter was handed out 2 weeks after we started!!! (then why the hell did they ask us to start working the first day of the month).

Now we put that behind us, this month we were informed that any one who doesn't open up to 5 acounts will not be payed even the basic of 25k. note that this 25k is what we hope will recoup the money spent on transportation and phone calls which the bank doesn't provide. If the bank doesn't pay commission if u dont meet your target, that is justifiable. But sending pple out to fend for themselves and not to even provide 4 transportation amounts to moral bankrupcy.

When working 4 a racharge card vendor in the past we were paid 15k basic, a 500 naira daily transportation allowance and a 10k recharge card montly. Now what justification has a bank got not to treet its staffs better.

For my part I have an offer comming up soon somewhere. But I feel its not right we keep quite while these so called banks exploit our graduates. and even though i can do nothing i will speek out and hope those who can act hear our oppressed voice, and do something about it

And less any quacky banker come up here and tell us nonsence, we are all graduates not diploma holders and I even have a masters and am a CFA candidate.

God help us
I Wonder what d OP WAS TRYING TO SAY. Are u better than the HND graduates with ur bsc cert. ? Or what re u trying to say?
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Doyin4real(m): 12:11am On Jun 09, 2010
@BIGGERBOY,
Your points are so clear and well understood by the nairalanders. And I personally could feel u as in been maltreated. But where u are missing it is by making mention that you are a graduate but not a Diploma holder. U are already discriminating. U shouldn't has brought this graduate and diploma of a thing into this. This will make some people react out of point to this issue.
Now back to the point. I really dont know why this FCMB has to treat you guys this way. It is unfair. But I know that GTBank pays her contract staff better. This I am sure of.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by stupor(m): 12:36am On Jun 09, 2010
FIRST OF ALL,IF I MUST MAKE COMMENT ON THIS,I'LL POINT MY FINGERS DIRECTLY TO THAT GUY,THAT MAINTAINS THE PROFILE NAME,SIR WELLY,SINCERELY, ARE U WELL AT ALL.WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GUY'S DICTION AND VOCAB.IS IT NOT THE MESSAGE BEING PASSED AND CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD THAT MATTERS TO US?

OLODO RABATA LIKE YOU.SO YOU DONT KNOW STAFFS IS THE PLURAL NOUN FOR A SINGULAR NOUN,STAFF.
SECONDLY,WHAT IS YOUR OWN DICTIONARY MEANING OF A BIGGER BOY,NUMB ?  

YOU ARE A BIG TIME SCHIZOPH.LOOKING FOR COMMITMENT.WHAT IS IGBALODE ? AN ANIMAL SPECIE NAME OF SORT ?

AND AM ALSO VERY SURE,PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE ONES THAT GET INTO POSITION OF AUTHORITY WITHOUT A VALID QUALIFICATION AND GO ABOUT INTIMIDATING INNOCENT AND FOCUSSED YOUNG PROFESSIONALS LIKE THE GUY THAT OPINED THIS THREAD.

A GUY WITH MASTERS AND SUITABLE Q AS A CFA DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING?

PLEASE GET OFF THIS THREAD MEN.DUMB.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by pku(f): 7:39am On Jun 09, 2010
Poster, I feel you alright; I once worked for FCMB and was the most miserable for the 2yrs I was there. But last year, I made a decision to end it all. I resigned even without getting another job. But to God be the glory, today, I work for an organisation that is humane in ALL things and I am a happier person. Just work harder on your job search and know that God is not asleep, at His own time He will crown your effort with success. Don't give up please. It is well.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by Exponental(m): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2010
this bank is training people to be fraudulent.
hw do they expect a such an amt to sustain a worker with such a nature of job.
na wa o. i will rather resign than work for 25k in a bank where i know, my dressing has to be cooperate and other expectatns.

when some banks pay their IT students 40k.
i'm disappointed in FCMB.
Re: FCMB Again! Where Are Our Labour Laws? by zobay(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
@Doyin4real, thank u for ur comment i think i need to xplain smthin here there was a thread b4 this where NL were askin which cert did d post has b4 complain
Last time I posted that FCMB pays its contract staffs peanuts (25k).
. lipsrsealed

@greateros, self employ na d koko- wake up like normal 'human being' nt like 'us', use ur energy to make money for ursef nt for som fat belly directors and so on the list is endless BUT - DOES UR ENVIRONMENT ACCOMMODATE SEF-EMPLOYD? IF U COME UP WITH A PROJECT, WHO IS GOING TO PROTECT UR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY? IS THERE MARKET OR FUND FOR ME IF I TAKE UP THIS?

(1) (2) (Reply)

INTERSOS Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Jobs At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (ikedc)–apply Now Before Deadline / Tasty United Beverages Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.