Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos (13066 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Reps Accuse AGF Malami Of ‘receiving’ Funds From Recovered Loot / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by Toks2008(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Fabjulia:
Hello guys!

My name is juliana orji. I'm an aspiring 3D animator. I've also being involved with web design and programming.
I participated in the tecno #lightupyourdream2018 contest and I've been nominated to win 1 million naira to kick start my business idea.

My dream is to create an animation studio that will gather young aspiring 3D animators around the country to achieve a common goal. I want to turn this dream into a reality and I am calling on each on of us on this community to help me win the required funds.

You can simply do this by following this link below and commenting my name 'Juliana princess orji' on the post. Thanks guys as you help me win this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkiFUY8hpeA/

https://mobile.twitter.com/TECNOMobileNG/status/1011988285563068416

Done and I wish you success.
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by ccruns: 11:27am On Jun 28, 2018
I never knew that someone or some people are just as dismayed as myself over the issue of estimated billing. Indeed, the greaest fraud in Nigeria today is the extortion by DISCOS in the name of estimation of billings.
That simply explain why we have never improved in Power generation capacity.
Thanks to God that our honourable members have identify seriously with us on this suffering and smiling dilemma.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by positivethought: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2018
OgaGist:
GistMore.com

GIST BY GISTMORE : http://www.gistmore.com/estimated-billing-youre-fraudsters-reps-accuse-discos
The issue of arbitrary estimated billing can still be corrected with the use of the old meters, it's just a question of encasing the meter with strong metal sheets with locks, a small glass space for reading,the whole construction should be in a way that will make it impossible for disconnection n reconnection of the feeder cables from outside simple, the problem had been the issue of illegal connection by passing the meter, we are just creating avenues for exploitation with all these unnecessary attempt to mordenise when a very simple technical idea would have been effective.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2018
LET US GO BACK TO NEPA Chikena, PHCN, DISCO, IBEDC, ETC ARE ALL FAILURES
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by rejoice4eva(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2018
Kylekent59:
shocked
This is what I wonna see on FP. They are stealing from us through estimation of bill.

There is this my friend that live in a self con, his billing exceeded the previous amount last month. He was billed 20,000 naira, can you imagine shocked.

The governments should look into the power sector and fish out those evil monsters there.

It exasperates me seeing that people are being cheated and rob off their hard earned money. I was resented and told my friend to write a letter and forward it to EKED.
This act is very abysmal and needs to be looked into.

More so, Buhari should use this opportunity to fight those corrupt managers in the power sector if at all he wonna win the peoples heart.#strategy for setting another record or if at all first president to file a case against the power sector.
Are you sure? even now they are not shouting 'change' but progress?
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by mikeuz(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2018
This is a petition, against estimated bill.just sign it, it’s not too late. This reps can talk, and soon forget this, we must put pressure on them. You can’t keep complaining and do nothing.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-estimated-power-bill-in-nigeria.html
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by deolu2000(m): 11:50am On Jun 28, 2018
If only we can progress beyond the Era of mere talking and no action then we shall see results but the DISCOs know that NERC and FMPWH are mere toothless lions so they won't even bother themselves after all money has changed hands and the COYS are owned by the cronies of these top guys in government . so it is a long and complicated issue
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by sekzy99(m): 11:51am On Jun 28, 2018
Bollocks
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by HoodBillionaire: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2018
my bill now is 55k
i use 1hp ac
i must write these emails down
im tired of d fraud
from 3k to 28k monthly bill
johnime:
A thread on why PREPAID METER being distributed TO ALL may never be achieved in Nigeria.
After the Nigerian Police, Nigerian Electricity distribution companies are next on the list when it comes to corruption. This has been in existence from time immemorial, just like barracks, many government have come and gone but the deep rooted corruption in the system remains

In April 2016, I moved in to my current apartment. The apartment was still connected to an old meter and there was an outstanding payment of about N385,000.00 to be paid. This wasn't revealed to me before I made payment for the rent, as usual (that's how they all do).This became a worry and an absolute headache. I asked the landlord why it was so and she made me understand that the apartment was not in use for 5years.I asked how come it wasn't reported to NEPA so they'd stop the billing, she gave me a copy of the letter she wrote to them. So I took the matter up, wrote several mails to Eko electricity company and the matter was on for 11months, note that in the space of this 11 months, I never got a monthly bill lesser than 24,000.00. You want to ask if I have a factory in my apartment? No I don't. So it extended from wanting the company to zerorize the ridiculous outstanding balance in the billing account to fighting and contesting the outrageous billing system which do not in any way represent my true electricity consumption and wanting a Prepaid Meter

The battle began.
After several exchange of mails betweens myself and Eko Electric and no solution was forthcoming, I moved the matter to NERC, the regulatory body for all electricity distribution companies in Nigeria. I filed a petition against Ekedp and the undertaking in charge of my area.

Lo and behold, after three days from the petition submission to NERC, I got a call from the marketing manager for my area pleading for me to make myself available to allow them come to my house and take inventory of the electrical appliances I use.

NERC is working yeah? Right. A staff of the Ekedp came to take the inventory and at the end of the computations, we calculated and multiplied each appliance by the estimated units they consume per day and multiplied by 31days.

Recall I said I never got a bill less than 24k in a month?Then we arrived at a figure that even the Eko electric staff who came to take the inventory opened his mouth and couldn't close it. What I should be billed based on having 24hour light per day(which is not even possible) in 31 days was 4,800.00. I almost ran mad. I took a copy of the report, scanned it and attached it to my next petition to NERC.
At this point, the marketing manager attached to my undertaking had started calling and begging me to stop the petitions. That they could all get sacked if matters gets escalated further.Then in September 2017, after all the troubles and how I never got tired if pursuing the issue, I got a mail from Eko electricity to come with some required documents in order to fill a form for a PREPAID METER.

I went there and did as they requested.
At Last, on 27 November 2017, I was on leave.
I was at my gate then this Alfa looking guy was parading and trying to see house number on the fence. My instinct told me to ask if he was asking for Ayo, then he said yes. He was the prepaid meter installer, he was with my new prepaid meter. I also recall that before the whole issue started, I was discouraged severally that I can never be given prepaid meter due to the outstanding balance on the billing account, I paid no mind to all the people that said that and went ahead with my case.
I got the Prepaid meter for FREE. After a week, bill was brought and boom, outstanding balance has been cleared from 385,000.00 to zero balance.
How did I achieve this? I mean I didn't pay a dime to anyone and I never for once bribed my way in all my dealings.I achieved this simply because;

1. I knew my right.
2. I wouldn't settle for mediocrity
3. I never stopped pushing even after several months and it seemed unachievable
4. I was ready to take the matter up anywhere
5. I was informed.

Now imagine how many people are out there who don't even know how to go about such tedious and draining process. I learnt that a lot of people even paid as much as 40k to get the prepaid meter. Something that's supposed to be free. Since the prepaid meter was installed in November 27 2017, I have not exhausted the 303 units that came with it which is calculated to be 7,200.00

And I still have 140units left to use. That's over four (4) months now
Do you now see why these people will never allow dream of every homes having a prepaid meter become a reality?
Because such development will block all holes where the electricity distribution corrupt members of staff perpetrate their fraudulent activities and corruption from.

They know that they will be forced to give light more in order to generate revenue and will not be able to charge people outrageously as they are currently doing and remitting the proceeds of their criminal act to their pockets.

Stand up and Fight for what is your right. Prepaid meter is your right, fight for it to the latter. If you believe that your monthly electricity bill do not represent your consumption, make a case.If you're in Lagos, Ikeja Electricity company and Eko electricity company are there for you. If they fail, involve NERC.
That will be all, for now.

Due to popular demand, these are the email addresses you can forward your complaints to -
Ikeja Electricity Distribution - customercare@ikejaelectric.com
Eko Electricity Distribution - customercare@ekedp.com
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission - complaints@nerc.gov.ng
Twitter: @CPCng
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by forgiveness: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
johnime:
A thread on why PREPAID METER being distributed TO ALL may never be achieved in Nigeria.
After the Nigerian Police, Nigerian Electricity distribution companies are next on the list when it comes to corruption. This has been in existence from time immemorial, just like barracks, many government have come and gone but the deep rooted corruption in the system remains

In April 2016, I moved in to my current apartment. The apartment was still connected to an old meter and there was an outstanding payment of about N385,000.00 to be paid. This wasn't revealed to me before I made payment for the rent, as usual (that's how they all do).This became a worry and an absolute headache. I asked the landlord why it was so and she made me understand that the apartment was not in use for 5years.I asked how come it wasn't reported to NEPA so they'd stop the billing, she gave me a copy of the letter she wrote to them. So I took the matter up, wrote several mails to Eko electricity company and the matter was on for 11months, note that in the space of this 11 months, I never got a monthly bill lesser than 24,000.00. You want to ask if I have a factory in my apartment? No I don't. So it extended from wanting the company to zerorize the ridiculous outstanding balance in the billing account to fighting and contesting the outrageous billing system which do not in any way represent my true electricity consumption and wanting a Prepaid Meter

The battle began.
After several exchange of mails betweens myself and Eko Electric and no solution was forthcoming, I moved the matter to NERC, the regulatory body for all electricity distribution companies in Nigeria. I filed a petition against Ekedp and the undertaking in charge of my area.

Lo and behold, after three days from the petition submission to NERC, I got a call from the marketing manager for my area pleading for me to make myself available to allow them come to my house and take inventory of the electrical appliances I use.

NERC is working yeah? Right. A staff of the Ekedp came to take the inventory and at the end of the computations, we calculated and multiplied each appliance by the estimated units they consume per day and multiplied by 31days.

Recall I said I never got a bill less than 24k in a month?Then we arrived at a figure that even the Eko electric staff who came to take the inventory opened his mouth and couldn't close it. What I should be billed based on having 24hour light per day(which is not even possible) in 31 days was 4,800.00. I almost ran mad. I took a copy of the report, scanned it and attached it to my next petition to NERC.
At this point, the marketing manager attached to my undertaking had started calling and begging me to stop the petitions. That they could all get sacked if matters gets escalated further.Then in September 2017, after all the troubles and how I never got tired if pursuing the issue, I got a mail from Eko electricity to come with some required documents in order to fill a form for a PREPAID METER.

I was at my gate then this Alfa looking guy was parading and trying to see house number on the fence. My instinct told me to ask if he was asking for Ayo, then he said yes. He was the prepaid meter installer, he was with my new prepaid meter. I also recall that before the whole issue started, I was discouraged severally that I can never be given prepaid meter due to the outstanding balance on the billing account, I paid no mind to all the people that said that and went ahead with my case.
I got the Prepaid meter for FREE. After a week, bill was brought and boom, outstanding balance has been cleared from 385,000.00 to zero balance.
How did I achieve this? I mean I didn't pay a dime to anyone and I never for once bribed my way in all my dealings.I achieved this simply because;

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

Now imagine how many people are out there who don't even know how to go about such tedious and draining process. I learnt that a lot of people even paid as much as 40k to get the prepaid meter. Something that's supposed to be free. Since the prepaid meter was installed in November 27 2017, I have not exhausted the 303 units that came with it which is calculated to be 7,200.00

Do you now see why these people will never allow dream of every homes having a prepaid meter become a reality?
Because such development will block all holes where the electricity distribution corrupt members of staff perpetrate their fraudulent activities and corruption from.

They know that they will be forced to give light more in order to generate revenue and will not be able to charge people outrageously as they are currently doing and remitting the proceeds of their criminal act to their pockets.

Stand up and Fight for what is your right. Prepaid meter is your right, fight for it to the latter. If you believe that your monthly electricity bill do not represent your consumption, make a case.If you're in Lagos, Ikeja Electricity company and Eko electricity company are there for you. If they fail, involve NERC.

Due to popular demand, these are the email addresses you can forward your complaints to -

Copy
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
Estimated billings that will rake in Billions for the "fraudulent Discos" and NERC get's paltry N134.1m as fines...who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by 1stdammy: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
johnime:

The battle began.

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

Hmm, this is so inspiring, wish I can get a drafted format of how your petitions look like. I have a similar case... I reside in Oyo State though. my email: jacobdamilola4@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by don4real18(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
Till date, NERC hasn't replied my email on the estimated billing

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by tempest01(m): 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
The government handed over a fraudulent company to them. Can the Reps just pass the laws without name calling and much noise?
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by 9gerian: 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
I commend this house committee on a good job so far. This shows we do have some intelligent minds in authority.

NERC?! They are complicit and a big joke.

How much is the fine of N134.1m compared to billions in fraudulent bills passed on customers for little to no supply of electricity.

Do the math.

If a disco receives a monthly electricity power of 1 billion, and rejects the rest citing mundane reasons of lack of capacity, but goes ahead to use half of that for black market supplies paid for by some industrial areas for an undocumented premium, which the industrial areas are too happy to pay to cut their diesel expense so that they at least make some profit.

The remaining half is rationed amongst the regular domestic customers say at an average of 2-3 hours cumulative supply per day interchangeably (15 mins here, 5 mins there, 45 mins here etc). Then this same customers get billed for using from 500 to 5,000% of their maximum consumption of uninterrupted power supply.

The resultant effect is that such a disco is able to issue a bill worth 5 billion Naira for the 1 billion Naira supply it received. Yeah! People will complain and approach the discos for rectification but they have a system in place to wear out the complainants and force them to pay something. Last last, they would have generated at least 2.5 billion in actual received cash revenue, and still have the helpless customers owing them grin for later payments. Cool

So if you are this sharp businessman and the system allows you to do this to its people, will you issue prepaid meters?! Your guess is as good as mine.

If I tell you my story with Ikeja Disco, then you would understand how far I had to research before I was able to understand their racket. Big fraud!!!

OgaGist:
GistMore.com

GIST BY GISTMORE : http://www.gistmore.com/estimated-billing-youre-fraudsters-reps-accuse-discos

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
johnime:

The battle began.

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

Just imagine how Nigeria will look like if 10% of its citizens are as dedicated as you are towards ensuring that the right thing is done as well as going the extra mile just like you did.

I am a huge fan of determined and dedicated fellas like you and the reason why the thieves in Nigeria known as leaders keep messing around with Nigerians is because they know that most Nigerians are endemically docile by nature and don't hold them accountable for anything, they take advantage of their docility.

The criminal political elites in Nigeria along with their chronies in every sector will keep on defrauding Nigerians as long as Nigerians continue to accept all the craps thrown at them by these devil incarnates parading as leaders.

Reading your piece made my day.

3 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by 9gerian: 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Kudos!!!

A good template for dealing with the discos people.

However, most people lack the capacity to pursue their case this steadfastly.

For those of us that can; UREKA!!!

johnime:

The battle began.

1. I knew my right.
5. I was informed.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by freeze001(f): 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
BlackMbakara1:
Estimated billings that will rake in Billions for the "fraudulent Discos" and NERC get's paltry N134.1m as fines...who is fooling who?

After the paltry sum in fines, it is not refunded to the citizens that the DISCOS stole from in the first place so there's still no justice. End users/electricity customers are left cheated still. Besides is that really a fine or bribe for them to close their eyes?

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by precious1967(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
They are armed bandits.
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by wirinet(m): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
9gerian:
I commend this house committee on a good job so far. This shows we do have some intelligent minds in authority.

NERC?! They are complicit and a big joke.

How much is the fine of N134.1m compared to billions in fraudulent bills passed on customers for little to no supply of electricity.

Do the math.

If a disco receives a monthly electricity power of 1 billion, and rejects the rest citing mundane reasons of lack of capacity, but goes ahead to use half of that for black market supplies paid for by some industrial areas for an undocumented premium, which the industrial areas are too happy to pay to cut their diesel expense so that they at least make some profit.

The remaining half is rationed amongst the regular domestic customers say at an average of 2-3 hours cumulative supply per day interchangeably (15 mins here, 5 mins there, 45 mins here etc). Then this same customers get billed for using from 500 to 5,000% of their maximum consumption of uninterrupted power supply.

The resultant effect is that such a disco is able to issue a bill worth 5 billion Naira for the 1 billion Naira supply it received. Yeah! People will complain and approach the discos for rectification but they have a system in place to wear out the complainants and force them to pay something. Last last, they would have generated at least 2.5 billion in actual received cash revenue, and still have the helpless customers owing them grin for later payments. Cool

So if you are this sharp businessman and the system allows you to do this to its people, will you issue prepaid meters?! Your guess is as good as mine.

If I tell you my story with Ikeja Disco, then you would understand how far I had to research before I was able to understand their racket. Big fraud!!!

I really appreciate your analysis and I suspects that is why the Discos are vehemently opposed to pre paid meters and are ready to die for estimated billing system, but the question is IS IT LEGAL?

Is it legal to bill transformers and then spreading the cost among everybody connected to that transformer? This is the explanation I get from Ikeja Distribution for justifying the estimated billing. It is like MTN billing a particular mast and spreading the cost on everyone making calls from that mast.

I suggest electricity consumers should come together and challenge the legality of estimated billing. Since the executive and legislative are complicit in the scam called estimated billing, we should try and get reprieve from the judiciary.

It seems discos are in business solely because of estimated billing.
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by johnime: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
Google
1stdammy:
Hmm, this is so inspiring, wish I can get a drafted format of how your petitions look like. I have a similar case... I reside in Oyo State though. my email: jacobdamilola4@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by anigold(m): 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
OgaGist:
GistMore.com

so you mean after stealing hundred of billions from Nigerians
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by Charly68: 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Pass the law on time I beg,even when they have meters, they won't give it out until they collect bribes ..very stinking organization..the privatization did not yield any positive result as expected..they sold NEPA to clueless buyers ..no feasible improvement since ..they prefer to be issuing ghost bills to customers whether they supply energy or not ..

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by godquality: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
NERC defense is lame. You fined the discos 134m and we all know that they will end up transferring that to the consumers in form of further estimated billings.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by EvilMetahuman: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
It is simple

Pass a law that says no one should pay for electricity until they are properly metered. And no one is allowed to disconnect the power.

Let's see if they won't do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by 9gerian: 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
Truth be told, the problem is almost endemic in nature.

With discos being allowed to do estimated billing, there can never be stable power supply because there is too much incentive from the govt to the discos.

The problem became clearer after reports emerged that discos were actually rejecting supplies gencos citing lack of capacity of te transmission lines. But turn around to bill the people for supplies that can only be utilized if Nigeria generated about 100 times of what is being generated currently. Or how can continual increase in tarrifs and bills be justified in the face of worsening supplies?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/poor-electricity-supply-may-persist-as-discos-reject-1000mw-daily/amp

Then and there it became obvious that the discos had colluded with the regulators to quietly defraud the people.

A mere audit would reveal that the discos were billing the people for what Nigeria could never generate, and still go ahead to reject most of the little that was actually generated.

In a country like China, some top men would actually get a death sentence or severe jail terms for such monumental fraud, criminal negligence, collusion and sabotage of government efforts at economic reforms. Without uninterrupted power supply, economic reforms are just academic exercises.

The discos will stop at nothing to continue reaping from their cash cow (estimated billing) by frustrating every attempt at improved power supply in Nigeria.

The Nigerian leaders are too busy consolidating their hold on political power, while the hapless citizens are too busy dividing their selves along ethnic and religious lines; hence they continue being the losers- big time!

The rest of us continue to educate the people about who the true enemies are!!!

Something drastic needs to happen for Nigeria to cross this man made hurdle!!!

wirinet:

I really appreciate your analysis and I suspects that is why the Discos are vehemently opposed to pre paid meters and are ready to die for estimated billing system, but the question is IS IT LEGAL?

Is it legal to bill transformers and then spreading the cost among everybody connected to that transformer? This is the explanation I get from Ikeja Distribution for justifying the estimated billing. It is like MTN billing a particular mast and spreading the cost on everyone making calls from that mast.

I suggest electricity consumers should come together and challenge the legality of estimated billing. Since the executive and legislative are complicit in the scam called estimated billing, we should try and get reprieve from the judiciary.

It seems discos are in business solely because of estimated billing.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by Bhol28: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
Good that you know but we need action,order them to stop issuing those crazy bills with immediate effect and if they don't comply,sanction them.
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by wirinet(m): 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Bhol28:
Good that you know but we need action,order them to stop issuing those crazy bills with immediate effect and if they don't comply,sanction them.

Ordering them is not the problem, enforcing the real koko. How many times have government or NERC given orders and the disco simply ignore the order. Do you know that the discos was given order not to disconnect any customer without due process, but still the disco official carry ladder up and down at the middle of every month disconnecting people without notice.

The government must be willing to enforce their orders or laws before the discos will sit up.
Re: Estimated Billing: You’re Fraudsters, Reps Accuse Discos by Demrich(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
Kylekent59:
shocked
This is what I wonna see on FP. They are stealing from us through estimation of bill.

There is this my friend that live in a self con, his billing exceeded the previous amount last month. He was billed 20,000 naira, can you imagine shocked.

The governments should look into the power sector and fish out those evil monsters there.

It exasperates me seeing that people are being cheated and rob off their hard earned money. I was resented and told my friend to write a letter and forward it to EKED.
This act is very abysmal and needs to be looked into.

More so, Buhari should use this opportunity to fight those corrupt managers in the power sector if at all he wonna win the peoples heart.#strategy for setting another record or if at all first president to file a case against the power sector.
2015 to 2018 nothing has really improved about electricity. Estimated billing is the only problem in the power sector, it is a form of institutionalised corruption. Hence it can be said that this government is fighting corruption in the wrong places. The power industry is the only one that concerns all nigerians. Therefore there is need to be proactive, liberalise the sales of prepaid meters like GSM or better still the process can be subsidized with Abacha loots rather than sharing it among ghost citizens. Haba!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former President Buhari Expresses Happiness At Election Petitions Ruling / Boko Haram: Cameroon Deports 450 Nigerians / Obasanjo Backs Sale Of National Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.