Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,359 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach (18581 Views)

Should Gernot Rohr Continue As Super Eagles Coach? / Maduka Okoye : Continue As Nigeria's Goalkeeper? / Why I Will Not Marry Nigerian Woman – Super Eagles’ Coach, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by blimeyVic(m): 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2018

JAY JAY OKOCHA FOR THE JOB.
THANK YOU GERNOT.

Zidane for France. Jay Jay for Nigeria.

#Skilled recognises and appreciates Skilled.
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by bbey(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by WizzPoll: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Gernot Rohr is a stubborn man who does not know what he is doing

he is also not looking inward enough. there is no way Bryan Idowu is our best left back when we have Ikouwem Udoh, Ebube Duru or Chima Akas.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by shegie(m): 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
very nice
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
iyke926:
Continue wetin? Fantastic team? sad embarassed

You better go back to your country Germany and coach the Bavarians that couldn't beat common South Korea sad

The NFF should call back Sunday Oliseh
Sunday oliseh, that one were like quarrel pass fight.
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by MrMacinterchi1: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
ShakurM:
Rohr did a good job but I want a Nigerian coach next. No more foreign faces             

Can u please suggest one u would like to take over?
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by goodvision12(m): 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
mayboi45:
I am fully in support of this coach... He has done a great job... Expect more players in to the supper eagles.. kudos to you sir.
True talk i concur
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by ShakurM(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
MrMacinterchi1:

Can u please suggest one u would like to take over?
I don't know them by their first name but I'm sure the manner at which they chose Nigerian coaches for the u17 they can choose for the super eagles too. That's the NFF's job.
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Rossikki: 7:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
YouareaBITCH:
Rohr's greatest mistake, IGHALO.

Don't know what he sees in ighalo, About 32 appearances just 4 goals. Yet u carried him to Russia like he's ur gay partner abi addiction.

We would have managed Obafemi Martins���

grin

It wasn't a mistake. He must have known Ighalo would struggle.
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
ANOWEDGREAT:

Let him continue for continuity sake Rome wasn't built in a day if you employ a Nigerian coach tribal sentiments will set in.
Oga nothing special in a foreign coach...wat tribal sentiment are u saying wen players are selected on form nd performance for clubs
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
okitiomas:
We need to keep this coach for once i actually believed we could go far in the tournament all thanks to Gernot Rohr he made some mistakes yes i agree but with time i know our national team will improve and he will surely be watching our local talents
watch talents make we kuku Tel am to coach under 17 nd 20 join... National team job is one to select the best of players from clubs home or abroad...unfortunately our league is not set up to reveal d best of our players....thats yy wen u move to Europe u become a sure bet...any player based in Nigeria no try ur luck to pick am...if our indigenous coaches get d needed support rohr is getting he would do well
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by AlPeter: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
shurlermoz:

Which great job?

Team selection 0
Game management 0
Technical input 0
Grip on the team 0

Nigerian coach is our true and only route to success, to Rohr its just another job.
We might not get it right immediately with a Nigerian coach but with time we will get it super right.

Most top countries use a coach from their country, you think they dont know what they are doing?

Foreign based have always played for Nigeria before Rohr and they will play even without Rohr.

Rohr is a scam, a total disaster.
your ramblings are due to the loss. Nigerian coach? you obviously don't know what you are saying? is it the same ones that can't get to quarter final of CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? or those that have been struggling to qualify for CAN? it's not your fault nah Ighalo cause all these yarn, after a perfect tactical display by Rohr Ighalo went and squander two great chances like a silly he- goat and please don't bring the stupid Iwobi argument here Iwobi is not a striker we needed a goal to bury the game.
if your brain serves you well you'll remember we had the better chance in second half even their goal was an half chance. blame the players not the coach. note the Argentine coach is a disaster.
Rohr has done a great job. do have an idea how many new players that have featured for SE since he came. look beyond your tears bro.

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Patrinus:
Continue to do what? Tarnish our football image home and abroad?

We lost against Argentina because:

1) He refused to make timely substitution. In that match, the Argentines had their 3 substitutes in the game as at 65th minute, that is how you know a serious coach, hungry for goals. Rohr will not make substitute untill 80th minute, who does that

2) He can't read games. A good coach would've brought in an Iwobi and Ebuehi as Brian Idowu seems to be lacking pace.

I can't shout, that old man should go back home.
Everybody in Nigeria is a coach. Shior
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by shurlermoz(m): 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
AlPeter:
your ramblings are due to the loss. Nigerian coach? you obviously don't know what you are saying? is it the same ones that can't get to quarter final of CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? or those that have been struggling to qualify for CAN? it's not your fault nah Ighalo cause all these yarn, after a perfect tactical display by Rohr Ighalo went and squander two great chances like a silly he- goat and please don't bring the stupid Iwobi argument here Iwobi is not a striker we needed a goal to bury the game.
if your brain serves you well you'll remember we had the better chance in second half even their goal was an half chance. blame the players not the coach. note the Argentine coach is a disaster.
Rohr has done a great job. do have an idea how many new players that have featured for SE since he came. look beyond your tears bro.
Na ball dey watch this one, he just dey deceive himself say he Dey watch ball.
What tactical display Biko, playing 3 men at the back till 90mins when all you need is a draw against Arg, playing 4-5-1 against Croatia when they are obviously afraid of us and even when we need goals, not knowing where to play Mikel, Iwobi, Eteboh until the media outcry?
Forget the loss, when was the last time we had a good game, we Wld have lost against Poland if we used VAR, it's obvious the team structure is poor and Rohr had all the time to tweak it but his head is empty just like yours.
You are asking if brain serve me right when you don't have brain at all, na sawdust full your head.
Misses are part of any match, it happens everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. It's the coach's job to manage whatever we have, we were in an excellent till the 85th minute....... Remove Moses and Idowu and bring on Ogu and Ebuehi, change formation to 5-4-1. Argentina brought on Pavon when they saw that Idowu was tired but what was Rohr's response.
U should stick to watching Cricket.
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by DateMynd44(m): 3:47am On Jun 29, 2018
iluvdonjazzy:
shey the phone wear pant no?
my bloda the thing weak me ehn

1 Like

Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by AlPeter: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
shurlermoz:

Na ball dey watch this one, he just dey deceive himself say he Dey watch ball.
What tactical display Biko, playing 3 men at the back till 90mins when all you need is a draw against Arg, playing 4-5-1 against Croatia when they are obviously afraid of us and even when we need goals, not knowing where to play Mikel, Iwobi, Eteboh until the media outcry?
Forget the loss, when was the last time we had a good game, we Wld have lost against Poland if we used VAR, it's obvious the team structure is poor and Rohr had all the time to tweak it but his head is empty just like yours.
You are asking if brain serve me right when you don't have brain at all, na sawdust full your head.
Misses are part of any match, it happens everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. It's the coach's job to manage whatever we have, dwe were in an excellent till the 85th minute....... Remove Moses and Idowu and bring on Ogu and Ebuehi, change formation to 5-4-1. Argentina brought on Pavon when they saw that Idowu was tired but what was Rohr's response.
U should stick to watching Cricket.
your analysis is so poor it's beyond foolish. I don't need to point out all these errors. Poland? Ogu? seriouusly in defense? misses are part of football? not at this level? does not make you miss glaring chan ces? BTW if misses are part of football then why blame the coach?
Germany were wasteful in front of goal what happened to them? they're punished. Peru? Egypt? No matter how good your tactics are if your strikers don't score you lose! and it's not because the coach is bad?
if there were no chances created I would've understand you pain but this is just silly, grow up.
like I told you before Argentina's goal was an Half chance. Rohr won the tactical battle but lost because his players fail him.
We need better players. And Rohr has been giving us that. Did you think Nigeria would've qualified for the World Cup if not for him? do you remember how terrible or defence was before him? Imagine having to play with dead weights like Ambrose, Echi ejile in defense. Do you think we would've qualified? Nigeria had one of the youngest squad in the world cup and the coach is still not finished with the team. change to 5 4 1? Why change the formation while you are having all the chances and your opponents are just passing the ball around cluelessly? yes I agree maybe he should have brought in Ebuehi but it's like telling Mourinho to substitute Young for Shaw when all he needs is a draw and the match is in the 80s already. Shaw is better offensively not defensively. same with Brown and Ebuehi.
Finally, you are like the Man U fans calling for Mourinho's sack. it's senseless the team is growing and it can only get better. if only that clown Tammy had accepted his call up. peace out.
Re: Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach by WizzPoll: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
does anyone know if Gernot Rohr has won anything anywhere

Such a man who I so slow can not win a tournament or inspire his players

he spent all summer telling everyone that his team is hopeless because they are 47 in the world

Nigeria has reached second round 3 times including once with a local coach but Rohr failed to at least reach this never mind surpassing it

he should go, we need a new coach. Finidi George has coaching licence from Spain let him try

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panathinaikos Vs Olympiakos Abandoned After Fans Attack Players (Photos, Video) / Segun Bello: How Wheelchair Basketball Star Survived 'Killer' Injection / Fifa Paid Ireland To Stop Legal Action Over Henry’s World Cup Handball - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.