Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 (43268 Views)

Nigeria Vs Colombia: FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. Semi Finals (5 - 6) On Pens / Panama Vs Tunisia: World Cup (1- 2) On 28th June 2018 / England Vs Belgium: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Mayor555(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Africa is not a country, it's a continent.

And I'm of Africa continent.

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Andrez123(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
I hope Senegal goes on to qualify from this group, they have played better than Colombia in the 1st half and was denied an opportunity to score from the penalty spot by an incompetent referee.

4 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by livelymatilda: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
KevinDein:

It was penalty. Shouting and throwing lame insults doesn't stop it from being a penalty.
It wasn't a penalty.. Crying like a baby Upandan and displaying your lack of football knowledge doesnt change the fact that it is not a penalty..
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nbote:
Senegal playing really well and making sure quintero is silent in d middle... It's jus their final ball dat has been lacking..
asin they are just passing the ball to ospina.
They should have scored two now
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
waladis:

But if they win the cup Oyinbo will see it as if the whole Africa won the cup. The glory will come to all African country. When Cameroon got to the world cup quarter final in 1994, the glory was shared by all Africans . 1st African country to ever get to the world cup final stages

I don't share that hive mentality. Africa is not a country, rather, a continent that is filled with people of different race and culture. Senegal winning the world cup won't make an average Nigerian feel good because of the fact that Senegal is a different country to Nigeria with a completely different way of life. Then, the bragging rights. Senegal will always hold it over the rest of the continent as the first country from Africa to win the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by KevinDein: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
livelymatilda:

It wasn't a penalty.. Crying like a baby Upandan doesnt change the fact that it is not a penalty..
No one is crying.

Just telling you it's a penalty.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Btruth:
Senegal are playing as if they are charmed. Meanwhile, they need to win the match to qualify I think.
just a draw
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Westaslave2(f): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
luk at d rubbish senegal is player, screen shot my comment columbia wl win
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by blesoh(f): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
waladis:
Guys I beg what do the Senegalese need to qualify. A draw or win?
A draw
Japan 4
Senegal 4
Columbia 3
Poland 0

1 Like

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by livelymatilda: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
KevinDein:

No one is crying.

Just telling you it's a penalty.
Stop winning and crying.. It is not and can never be a penalty..

Hope you are listening to the half time analysis... OLODO
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by RexTramadol1: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
KevinDein:

You don't really understand the rules. Touching the ball does not stop it from being a penalty. He went through the player first.

It's the most clear penalty in this tournament and if it happened at the other end it would have stood.

Disgruntled people everywhere, so far he's touched the ball...... It can't be a penalty

Bfr u saw the match, ur mind was bent on......dem go do ojoro for Senegal

Hence u ain't watching the match with the better part of ur eyes.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Litmus: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
KevinDein:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, VAR is just an outlet for FIFA to determine who goes further in the World Cup. That's the most clear penalty you will see and red card of course (he's the last man). Sanchez knew it hence his disgust when the referee motioned that he was gonna check on VAR.

You may have a point there, i thought similarly when boxing headguards were brought into Olympics. The introduction of heardgaurds saw the fortunes of African boxers in the Olympics diminish. Before the introduction of headgaurds, the often more poorly trained African boxers stood the Punchers chance.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mayor555:

And I'm of Africa continent.
Sorry, you're not making any sense. If Senegal wins the world cup, it will go down in history book that Senegal won it, not Africa.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nbote(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Zceesneh:
that was a clear penalty

Listen to d analysts in d studio. Without VAR it would have been a penalty but VAR clearly shows d tackle so quite whining.. Oh dey are white and dey are also wrong I guess
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by KevinDein: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
livelymatilda:

Stop winning and crying.. It is not and can never be a penalty..

Hope you are listening to the half time analysis... OLODO
It's penalty.

What do you expect Europeans to say. Mumu, wawa.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by livelymatilda: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Disgruntled people everywhere, so far he's touched the ball...... It can't be a penalty

Bfr u saw the match, ur mind was bent on......dem go do ojoro for Senegal

Hence u ain't watching the match with the better part of ur eyes.
No mind them... Always playing the victim card .
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by livelymatilda: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
KevinDein:

It's penalty.

What do you expect Europeans to say. Mumu, wawa.
It is now about Europeans and not FIFA abi?Better go and get glasses for better view or ask your neighbors to help you review it..
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Philinho(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
This VAR is fucking against African teams
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Litmus: 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Senegal needs to progress to the next round if Africa are to maintain pressure on FIFA to increase Africa representation in the World Cup.

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Koolking(m): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Senegal will undoubtedly qualify in the group. Looks like they are the only country in Africa who were ready for the world cup.

Nigeria only went there to showcase their branded Jersey and Asoebi.

3 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by KevinDein: 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Sorry, you're not making any sense. If Senegal wins the world cup, it will go down in history book that Senegal won it, not Africa.
Success of any African country benefits the entire continent. At the beginning, only one African country represented the continent at the World Cup. Successes of Cameroon (1990), Nigeria (1994) etc mandated FIFA to increase the African slots to five (more than Asia and North America)

It's not out of place for an African to root for another African country. Respect people outlook and let them be.

5 Likes

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Billygee2u: 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
Senegal may you reach where Nigeria can't reach in world cup,since Nigeria is divided by politicians and Buhari the Terrorist. Amen.
May the blood of innocent people massacred in Nigeria never allow Nigeria to Excel again in any world competetion , until all join hands together and remove Buhari the tyrant Terrorist dictator from Aso Rock. Amen
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by KevinDein: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
livelymatilda:

It is now about Europeans and not FIFA abi?Better go and get glasses for better view or ask your neighbors to help you review it..
It's a penalty and bias analysis from Europeans won't change my mind.

We will be at this all day.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Andrez123(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
peacengine:

You are not watching the ball, the defender touched the ball first. The referee had already blown whistle for penalty but after watching again, it was clear that it was a false call.
Go and read fifa rules on what is a tackle and a foul. touched the ball first doesn't make an action a good tackle and not a foul. There's been plenty of occasions when a player touched the ball first but the follow through, two footed tackles with the studs showing, a very high boot, pulling or using any other part of the body as an obstruction to endanger the safety of your opponent are all fouls even if the ball was touched first.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mayor555:

Smiles, we are not deluded...
Senegal is Africa , I'm an African

Call me selfish but I don't give a f**k about Senegal. Senegal winning doesn't have a feel good effect on me. I just feel like I would if a rival wins something Nigeria should be winning. It pisses me off.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by lalasticlala(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
2nd Half
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Mayor555(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

We are not seeing it from the same perspective..
I'm supporting Senegal that's an African country to win because I'm an African. I'm not saying they're winning for Nigeria.

A quick example, if there should be a national competition, and a local government in your state happens to be soaring high, when your local government had lost..
Won't you unconsciously root for that other local government to win?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
KevinDein:

Success of any African country benefits the entire continent. At the beginning, only one African country represented the continent at the World Cup. Successes of Cameroon (1990), Nigeria (1994) etc mandated FIFA to increase the African slots to five (more than Asia and North America)

It's not out of place for an African to root for another African country. Respect people outlook and let them be.

The bolded is very ironic.

1 Like

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Billygee2u: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Call me selfish but I don't give a f**k about Senegal. Senegal winning doesn't have a feel good effect on me. I just feel like I would if a rival wins something Nigeria should be winning. It pisses me off.
Nigeria will never go to world cup again until Nigerians join hands together and remove the Terrorist tyrant dictator bloody Buhari.
Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Litmus: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
Billygee2u:
Senegal may you reach where Nigeria can't reach in world cup,since Nigeria is divided by politicians and Buhari the Terrorist.
May the blood of innocent people massacred in Nigeria never allow Nigeria to Excel again in any world competetion , until all join hands together and remove Buhari the tyrant Terrorist dictator from Aso Rock. Amen

This type of prayer will only make Nigeria stronger. Could be that Nigeria even survives today because so many in and out of Africa hate and wish Nigeria ill.

1 Like

Re: Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 by Horus(m): 4:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
Go Senegal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Emiliano Sala:- Cushions 'From Missing Plane' Found / Chichi Igbo Threatens To Snatch Boyfriends From Sexy Ladies (video) / Different Nigerians' Reactions To Nigeria 4: 0 Win Over Libya (Memes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.