Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters (18705 Views)

According To Google, Nigeria Is Dangerous Country... (PICTURES) / Nigeria Declared Third Most Dangerous Country In The World / Nigeria Ranked As The Number One Country To Do Business In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by 6Ebisco: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nigeria has been named the ninth most dangerous country for women in the latest report released by Thomson Reuters Foundation, yesterday.

Nigeria made the list alongside India, which tops the list, DR Congo, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and Somalia.

“NIGERIA – Ranked as ninth, with human rights groups accusing the country’s military of torture, rape and killing civilians during a nine-year fight against Boko Haram militants. Nigeria was named fourth most dangerous country along with Russia when it came to human trafficking. It listed sixth worst on the risks women face from traditional practices,” the report stated.

Other countries polled to have bad records in the treatment of women included the United States of America, which came last on the list, Syria, Pakistan, and Yemen. Between March 26 and May 4, 2018, the Thomson Reuters Foundation said it surveyed 548 experts on women’s issues across the globe, including academics, health workers, policymakers, and NGO workers.

The respondents were reportedly asked to consider the following parameters: healthcare, cultural practices, discrimination, sexual violence, non-sexual violence, and human trafficking. While Nigeria didn’t rank in healthcare, discrimination, and non-sexual violence, Nigeria ranked sixth for (cultural) practices that are harmful to women, like acid attacks, female genital mutilation, child marriage, forced marriage, stoning, physical abuse or mutilation as a form of punishment/retribution and female infanticide.

In cases of sexual violence, Nigeria is ranked fourth on the poll, with examples of rape as a weapon of war, domestic rape, rape by a stranger, lack of access to justice in rape cases.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/breaking-nigeria-ranked-as-9th-most.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Sai Barbarian....!!!
All hail the Beast of Daura....!!
Anything Evil is Possible with TerroristBubu...!!

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Don4eva(m): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Some of our brothers from one region will marry 11year old girl [color=#990000][/color] cry
This Nigeria no go beta again, Ayam going back to my village sad Ondo local government lipsrsealed

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Ganiyat72(f): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Curse be buhari and the he was born embarassed embarassed

38 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Ellixlimswag(m): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
Chimamanda over to you

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Pubichairs(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
angry Nobody should insult Buhari 'cos that's Animal Cruelty, go get your PVC to send that punk back to his base

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by project4OO: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
..too many negative reports/findings about Nigeria.

NB
Are you a data analyst? Can you analyse data (econometrics) & interpret results in 24hrs or less? Your service is urgently needed (today).

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Bossontop(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
undecided
Only women??.....abeg naija na dangerous place to live for everybody oo

114 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by samtee37(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
Seconded.
With this high rate at which the females are been raped and all this underage marriage that is been practiced by some sect, which might caused the girl a permanent emotional trauma.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by hushshinani(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nigerian is difficult for anybody, animal, place or things. simple defination....

41 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by loadedvibes: 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nigeria is dangerous for everybody male or female animal or plant.

34 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by ejihand(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
the picture accompany this hard truth is not only touching but saddening. I weep for this country.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Paperwhite(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
And the APC-led government of Nigeria have broken another bad record.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Mylove55(f): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
Why are they not first.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by alphaconde(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
which one be women.... is it safe for me?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by drpips1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Correction Reuters.... not only women, Kids and Men also

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by theunnamed: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Total rubbish!! angry angry
Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by FluidQueen(f): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin
Why am I not suprised?
Domestic Violence against women.
Rape.
Child abuse.
Child marriage.
Widows are treated awfully. Shaved head. Corpse water drinking.
Single mothers are treated like shit.
Women are coerced into being door mats with No opinions whatsoever.
When a woman strives hard to be successful, she must be sucking diick.
Bride price has now transformed into price tags on women. Awon "I paid[Insert Amount] on your head, you must worship me".

I'm shocked we didn't make NO1.

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Miles300: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Buhari breaking records steadily and some people will say he deserves a 2nd term

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by LordIsaac(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Sexists research. It is the most dangerous country for every soul living in it. Infact, an objective and unbiased research would show more deaths of men and children than women. Rubbish !

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by lilfreezy: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
All thank to APC

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by pocohantas(f): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by alphaconde(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
nigerian is the worst place anybody can be.

i see pictures from poor nations but on the faces of its citizens i see content

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by SniperSmurf(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
This is the case, when you voted Buhari what do you expect? Women will be treated better? angry

Buhari needs to go.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by FluidQueen(f): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
pocohantas:

grin grin
But they're not wrong sha. gringrin

Soon, we'd be endangered species. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by flex04(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Almunjid(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Sai Barbarian....!!! All hail the Beast of Daura....!! Anything Evil is Possible with TerroristBubu...!!
If the beast catch u, my hand no dey 0Oo

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Olujoe1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Blaim it all on bubu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Folashade2016(f): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
I have been saying it all this while and some boys will think I am been too harsh on the opposite sex.
The rate at which they abuse females in this part of the world is very worrisome..
They abuse, maltreat, rape, molest, beat, batter etc. God will save us from this specie of hono sapiens.

check my SIGNATURE shaaa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by calddon(m): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
FluidQueen:
But they're not wrong sha. gringrin

Soon, we'd be endangered species. cheesy
Endangered species ke?
Women that are 4 times the population of men in Nigeria
Its their fellow women that made the country dangerous for them lipsrsealed

But on a serious note, the report is true. So many rape cases go unreported. Girls being traumatized from early on. . . Very sad.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by 9japarrot: 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Good... Let me know when we top the list as number one..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranked As The 9th Most Dangerous Country For Women By Thomson Reuters by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin...... Na lie grin grin angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce / Fire Pantami Now - The Nation's Editorial / 40 Days Fidau Of Isiaka Adeleke (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.