Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Iphone 4 Finally Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 4 Finally Out (6501 Views)

Wow Innjoo Inote Is Finally Out #low Price Superb Features / Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline / Unlock Your Iphone 4/5/5C And 5S Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2010
After all the rumours, leaks and speculations, Apple has finally released d iphone 4. Its really fantastic & other manufacturers have work on their hands

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/apple-announces-new-iphone-4-694707
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1284731/Apple-unveils-new-iPhone-4.html
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
guide from gizmodo
http://gizmodo.com/5557101/iphone-4-the-definitive-guide?skyline=true&s=i
so there are physical volume controls
front camera
5MP camera, with 326 ppi(pixels per inch)
Face Time Video
New OS offcourse, iOS4
New design
24% thinner body
plus many others

By d way, usually i am not a big fan of Apple
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by leuelliot(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2010
good for them. this will come with a very very big price tag
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
Trust Apple, they know they av still got a lot of customers and loyalists who are willing 2 pay.
But details of their price is still not clear enough 2 me.
$199 for 16GB and $299 for 32 GB. I guess you would still pay a considerably large sum for d contract. We dont know d price 4 outside America yet
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by moonraker(m): 5:21am On Jun 08, 2010
abt 90,000 naira for 16GB

and 140,000 naira for 32GB (Going by what i have seen in the past)

ofcourse, you also have the 3GS in 8GB models. the 16 & 32GB versions have been scrapped,

Sure , the the version 4 hardware is tight but if you wanna be economical, i sugest you just buy a

3GS from stores who have the old model and the upgrade the software to IOSX, i dont think that

3GS owners would really be missing out,
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by zaibatsu(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2010
It just keeps getting better and better, amazing!
Bet the guys at Nokia (and their garishly designed N8) wish Apple would just self-destruct.

Jobs, you've redeemed yourself and I hereby rest the issue of the Newton grin
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by zaibatsu(m): 8:02am On Jun 08, 2010
Image Source: Engadget

Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2010
If u compare the Iphone 4 with d N8. The N8 is still very fantastic. If I should change my fone, it should be an N8
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by zaibatsu(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2010
toladop:

If u compare the Iphone 4 with d N8. The N8 is still very fantastic. If I should change my fone, it should be an N8

The N8 does have a droolworthy spec-sheet but I think the design is a bit garish. Maybe they should have taken the minimalist design route (my opinion).
Symbian has a got a whole lot of new gloss splashed on it in the form of Symbian^3. Yet, massage it all you want, the OS is showing its age and should be retired. Look at what Samsung have done with the Bada OS in such a short time and you'll know Nokia's just playing catchup.

After all's said and done, the much abused cliche is still true; "one man's meat, ".
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2010
i hear u
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by oludy: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
Can't wait to get tis monster.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2010
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by semid4lyfe(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2010
violent:

After watching this, i'm forced to change my view on Apple's products!

I'm glad i haven't bought the blackberry even at its highest hype!

[flash=434,324]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dBvci1ke2A&hl=en_US&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
I might get this in August, when Upgrade my contract cheesy
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by semid4lyfe(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
Comments imported from the duplicate thread smiley

tboy1:

wow just when i was saying my HTC Desire is the best phone this pops up shocked shocked shocked shocked
But honestly the only thing im so impressed with is the video calling which might be a problem because not everyone will have the iphone 4. For now i'll just have to do with my HTC smiley

Shock:

now who will buy the new Nokia series after watching all the amazing things that can be done with the iphone 4 g tongue
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by moonraker(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
definitely get a piece of this action
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by leuelliot(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2010
two words N8 but dont get me wrong i love iphones in fact i am getting a 3gs nxt week.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
@Semid4lyfe
I could not modify my post or add a poll. Could u put d youtube video on my first post?
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by semid4lyfe(m): 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2010
toladop:

@Semid4lyfe
I could not modify my post or add a poll. Could u put d youtube video on my first post?
Sorry, posts in this section are irrevocable and cannot be modified undecided
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by rubaslipa: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2010
So you still want to go back to that stuff? You don't even understand that I actually gave you a free pass there.

I would rather buy tboy1's HTC Desire. Iphone 4 is over-hyped and over-priced. Small time now, they go find bug inside the OS, and they wan charge you for fix am. Don't care about video phoning, as it has been around for yeaRs in US and Europe, and nobody has time for it. And the cost for videocall again! I guess I mise too much to pay Jobs through my nose for the latest Iphone.  grin

Blackberry is not in the same class, but the avantage that HTC Desire has is that the Android system is much more free than Apple's system, so you can add this and that software, add any music you feel like, give out that music to your friends, in fact, make the phone do anything you want - very unlike Iphone. I'm a hacker, so that's what I like. cheesy
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by toladop(m): 3:14am On Jun 09, 2010
The most outstanding quality of the iPhone is its stability
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by moonraker(m): 4:53am On Jun 09, 2010
On a second thought, The iphone 4 is nice and all with good features

but i think i prefer the old design that came with the 3g and 3gs respectively,
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by texazzpete(m): 8:18am On Jun 09, 2010
ruba_slipa:

So you still want to go back to that stuff? You don't even understand that I actually gave you a free pass there.

I would rather buy tboy1's HTC Desire. Iphone 4 is over-hyped and over-priced. Small time now, they go find bug inside the OS, and they wan charge you for fix am. Don't care about video phoning, as it has been around for yeaRs in US and Europe, and nobody has time for it. And the cost for videocall again! I guess I mise too much to pay Jobs through my nose for the latest Iphone.  grin

Blackberry is not in the same class, but the avantage that HTC Desire has is that the Android system is much more free than Apple's system, so you can add this and that software, add any music you feel like, give out that music to your friends, in fact, make the phone do anything you want - very unlike Iphone. I'm a hacker, so that's what I like. cheesy

FUD, my friend.
Video calling is over WiFi and is carrier independent. In plain speak, that means it's completely free.

ruba_slipa:

Iphone 4 is over-hyped and over-priced.

Over priced?! please tell us how much the Evo 4G is on sale for in the US. The Palm Pre launched at the same $199 price point (after a $100 mail in rebate for that matter). The 16GB iPhone 4 pricing is consistent with any high-end smartphone launched in the US in recent times.

ruba_slipa:

Small time now, they go find bug inside the OS, and they wan charge you for fix am.

Apple doesn't charge for OS updates for the iPhone, sorry. And they actually support their product with meaningful updates more than most other manufacturer.

ruba_slipa:

Being 'free' is somewhat overrated on the Android side. Apart from the simple truth that the iphone's appstore easily has more than three times the number of apps available to Android, the jailbreak community generates homebrew apps that rival and in most cases betters that seen on Android. SNES emulators? Already on iPhone. N64 emus? Solely on iPhone. WiFi hotspot apps? Also on iPhone.

Specs wise, the Desire is no match for the iPhone 4, look more towards the Evo 4G for a decent alternative. But at the moment, in terms of user experience, UI intuitiveness and sheer build quality, the iPhone 4 triumphs over most if not all of the Android phones on the market.

is the iPhone perfect? hell no! But the pros far outweigh the cons. Simple as that.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by maileby(m): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2010
Naija, Apple Iphone is old in Assie here. When Apple has even launched Ipad here.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by Homonide: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2010
Good for them.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by tboy1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2010
ruba_slipa:

Good point and this is what apple does every single time - ipod,apple tv, iphones and now Ipad
I'll advice anyone thinking of getting this product to wait till most of the bugs has been reported and fixed then if you still want to go ahead , its your choice. So far i prefer the HTC Desire and i'll advice anyone thinking which one to get should go for the HTC. Some of the best features of the HTC : Free SatNav, Imaging - 5MP(same as iphone 4) , Same Battery [/b]life with the Iphone4 (Battery iPhone4 7 hours 3G calling 300 hours standby / HTC Desire 6.5 hours 3G calling, 360 hours standby) , [b]Storage [/b]HTC DESIRE 32GB microSD + 512MB / iPHONE 4 32GB and finally & most important [b]Price - iPhone4 is wayyyyyy overpriced
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by tboy1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
ruba_slipa:

I would rather buy tboy1's HTC Desire. Iphone 4 is over-hyped and over-priced. Small time now, they go find bug inside the OS, and they wan charge you for fix am. Don't care about video phoning, as it has been around for yeaRs in US and Europe, and nobody has time for it. And the cost for videocall again! I guess I mise too much to pay Jobs through my nose for the latest Iphone. grin

Good point and this is what apple does every single time - ipod,apple tv, iphones and now Ipad
I'll advise anyone thinking of getting this product to wait till most of the bugs has been reported and fixed then if you still want to go ahead , its your choice. So far i prefer the HTC Desire and i'll advise anyone thinking which one to get should go for the HTC. Some of the best features of the HTC : Free SatNav, Imaging - 5MP(same as iphone 4) , Same Battery [/b]life with the Iphone4 (Battery iPhone4 7 hours 3G calling 300 hours standby / HTC Desire 6.5 hours 3G calling, 360 hours standby) , [b]Storage [/b]HTC DESIRE 32GB microSD + 512MB / iPHONE 4 32GB and finally & most important [b]Price - iPhone4 is wayyyyyy overpriced
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by cooltobex(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2010
What makes iPhone different from other phones with similar features and functions? Nothing absolutely!
It just has all the buzz and hypes! Besides its a woman's dream to have a BF with such a beauty.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by sley4life(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
i like iphones but its dare
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by texazzpete(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
tboy1:

I'll advise anyone thinking of getting this product to wait till most of the bugs has been reported and fixed then if you still want to go ahead , its your choice. So far i prefer the HTC Desire and i'll advise anyone thinking which one to get should go for the HTC. Some of the best features of the HTC : Free SatNav, Imaging - 5MP(same as iphone 4) , Same Battery [/b]life with the Iphone4 (Battery iPhone4 7 hours 3G calling 300 hours standby / HTC Desire 6.5 hours 3G calling, 360 hours standby) , [b]Storage [/b]HTC DESIRE 32GB microSD + 512MB / iPHONE 4 32GB and finally & most important [b]Price - iPhone4 is wayyyyyy overpriced

There are far fewer bugs in the Apple iPhone OS than in Android - and the OS is far more complete and intuitive than what you're rocking on your Desire.
Over priced?! please tell us how much the Evo 4G is on sale for in the US. The Palm Pre launched at the same $199 price point (after a $100 mail in rebate for that matter). The 16GB iPhone 4 pricing is consistent with any high-end smartphone launched in the US and the UK in recent times.

Please read any review of the HTC Desire's camera - the camera is not top-of-the-range. Equating megapixel count to image quality is just plain silly. And naturally, the iPhone 4 screen is still miles better than that in the Nexus one/Desire.
Re: Iphone 4 Finally Out by texazzpete(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
cool-tobex:

What makes iPhone different from other phones with similar features and functions? Nothing absolutely!
It just has all the buzz and hypes! Besides its a woman's dream to have a BF with such a beauty.

Please mention any other phone in the world that has similar 'features and functions'.

At the end of the day, what you guys fail to realise is that specs matter little - it's the ultimate user experience that wins overall. The Nokia N97 is loaded to the hilt with all the bells and whistles. Guess what? it's a thoroughly mediocre phone that even Nokia have gone on record to express grave disappointment with the finished product. The N96 had better specs than the N95 in almost every way. It sucked.
The ultimate reason why Apple sells so many iPhone is that the overall user experience is top notch in every way. From the build quality to the OS, to the plethora of available apps, it just feels complete.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months / Kindly Suggest A Phone Of 70k For Me / Set Full Size Image On Whatsapp As Profile Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.