Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. (13754 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Pataricatering(f): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
Once you are nasty , unforgiving, hypocritical and believe in Christ - you are born-again !
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by duality(m): 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pneumonoultra:

Lots of people take God's grace for granted. No doubt!
They know it's wrong but they don't mind.
It's about time we teach about our righteousness in Christ. And not to stir up sin consciousness amongst ourselves.

What do you even mean by sin consciousness.

Do you think this portion of the Bible is a lie?

Ezekiel 33:12-13 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his [righteousness] in the day that he sinneth. When I shall say to the righteous, [that] he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Please let's be careful. Does God now condone iniquity?... Those twisted interpretation of Grace, it's aimed at the present church, not concerned about their purity and stand towards God.

Soon, Sin will never be mentioned in church gatherings anymore. It's the enemy at work.

Let me challenge you. Be very honest.

When last was this scripture read in your church or any church around you.

Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Be wise
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by phemmyfour: 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Austema:
There is nothing like ''truly'' there, is either you are born again or not. But do note that born again is different from being save.
You can listen to koinonia message titled: ''discusion of the kingdom truth'' for more clarification
Stop confusing yourself

Being Born again = being Save

2. Are you truly born again is another way of asking you if you sure about your salvation i.e Are you sure that you are save

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by 36STATES: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
If you are single and still virgin at 35.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by phemmyfour: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pataricatering:
Once you are nasty , unforgiving, hypocritical and believe in Christ - you are born-again !
you can't be born again and produce fruits like unforgiveness, backbiting etc. If you do, its either you ve backslidden or your salvation is questionable

1 Like

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by keko14: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
els0nm0rali:

Really? That's not what the Bible says.

The only time the word " born again" was mentioned in the Bible, it was used in concert with BAPTISM.

You are born again if you are baptized.
read your bible well.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by chairman00100: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
Toks2008:

Heaven bound,tongues speaking confirmed believer in christ and redeemed by the precious blood of the lamb.

So let me also ask you..."Are you born again yourself?"

bros, speaking in tongues is not a sign of a born again Christian, the born again Christian is the one that hear the word of GOD, repent and is baptized and receive the baptism of the holy spirit, what the baptism of the holy spirit will do to that one is that sin will be irritating to such one. the moment sin irritate you and you will never have have a rest of mind after committing any form of sin until you make peace with God is the time you are heaven bound, Remain blessed

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

You need deliverance. Are you a spirit, robot or alien? grin, i still find somethings mysterious on nairaland. Nairaland is a real weirdo site where you see a lot perverts, fanatics, aethists, cultists, sadists, tribalsitic bigots and yet also, mysterious people like you.
You need greater deliverance from the monitoring spirit you are suffering from.
Keep.getting confused on someone who doesn't know you exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
post=69192502:

You need greater deliverance from the monitoring spirit you are suffering from.
Keep.getting confused on someone who doesn't know you exist.
Don't give yourself high bp son, my comment is just on a light/jovial mode, no one is fighting you boy. Many people on NL, no one knows anyone exist here except few minutes just to check fp topics and then vanish out again let alone monitoring u. You could also learn to be mature and take things easy instead getting unnecessarily offended about small things.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by els0nm0rali(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
keko14:

read your bible well.

Lol. What does your bible say?

Maybe you should ignore what your pastor has been telling you for just one minute and look at what Jesus told Nicodemus about being born again because that's the only place in the Bible you'll see the phrase born again.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Don't give yourself high bp son, my comment is just on a light/jovial mode, no one is fighting you boy. Many people on NL, no one knows anyone exist here except few minutes just to check fp topics and then vanish out again let alone monitoring u. You could also learn to be mature and take things easy instead getting unnecessarily offended about small things.
Monitoring spirit, I cast and bind you at this moment.
Get thee behind us with your hate speech

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by NittyR(f): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pneumonoultra:

Have you personally seen anyone who says he or she sins because of the grace of God ?

See, grace is the reason why sin shall not have dominion over us.

I know many of them; always saying Grace got them
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by leirbagz: 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

els0nm0rali:

Lol. What does your bible say?

Maybe you should ignore what your pastor has been telling you for just one minute and look at what Jesus told Nicodemus about being born again because that's the only place in the Bible you'll see the phrase born again.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by eniorisha(m): 7:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
honestivo:
Is when you're only move by the words of God .

One of d best replies. I'll add that one's truly born again when most of Jesus' attributes are found in him.

Humility, selfless love, sacrifices for brethren, contentment, compassion, 'greedless' life, respectful, and so on.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Olumyco(m): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
Toks2008:

Heaven bound,tongues speaking confirmed believer in christ and redeemed by the precious blood of the lamb.

So let me also ask you..."Are you born again yourself?"

Being born again or being saved does not mean speaking in tongues. Infact this tin called speaking in tongues is full of deception because many of it are not genuine.

The obvious and capital evidence of salvation is Victory over Sin.

Any body still committing sin is not saved.

A sinner who repents and gets saved experiences joy, peace etc and the climax of it is that he continues to live above sin.

The identity of a born again Christian is the kind of life he or she lives... is the person living a righteous life, is he living an unquestionable life?

See that one speaks in tongues, fasts, prays, pays tithes, attends Church services regularly, gives alms etc does not mean the person is saved. Sinners can do all these. What differentiate a saved soul from an unsaved soul is fruit. By their fruits we shall know them. Many church goers and tongue speakers womanizes, gives bribes etc.

A genuinely saved soul lives a sinless life. That's it.

Please we must be careful of this Christ righteousness tin that is on the rampage in this 21st century that people hides under to commit sin. There is no sinning Christian. Its either you are a Sinner or a Christian.

*A SINLESS CHRISTIAN LIFE*

Bible References

2 Corinthians 5 : 17 - New Creature Old tins passed away. Lying, fornication passed away

Colossians 3 : 9 - Lie not, old man has been put off

Romans 6 : 4 - 11 -- He that is dead is free from Sin.. Walks in newness of life

1 Peter 4 : 1 - 2 --- Christ suffered and he that has suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

Galatians 5 : 16 - Walk in the Spirit to avoid fulfilling the lust of the flesh

Romans 13 : 14 -- To avoid lust of the flesh

Ephesians 4 : 24 -- Put on the new man which = Righteousness + true Holiness

Colossians 3 : 10 --- New Man

1 John 5 : 18 --- "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not"

Romans 6 : 6 -- "Knowing this that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin"

Galatians 2 : 20 -- Christ lives in us

Galatians 2 : 18 -- "For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor"

1 Peter 1 : 13 - 16 -- Be ye holy in all manner of conversation

2 Timothy 2 : 19 --- "... Let everyone that nameth thr name of Christ depart from iniquity"

Hebrews 10 : 26 -- "For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remain no more sacrifice for sins"

1 John 3 : 4 - 9 ---
"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not"

"He that committeth sin is of the devil"

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin"

2 Peter 1: 8 - 10 --- "if we add the virtues we will never fall into sin"

Jude 24 --- "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and tp present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy"

*Please study these Bible references to understand what it means to be genuinely saved*
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by els0nm0rali(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
leirbagz:
1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Probably not the only place in the Bible then.

But the only place Jesus actually explained what it means to be born again.

John 3:1-5.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by akeensbussy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Religion is a Scam....

The bible says men fall into sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit....Anybody born after that were born sinners.

Why is it that when Jesus Christ was crucify for the sin men, anybody born after that were not saint? if the death of Jesus Christ is for remission of sin..then automatically, everybody on earth today should be saint... not sinner again.

if all of us are still born sinner, what it is the purpose of the death of Jesus to appeal God?

Religion is a scam indeed.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Makschinchin: 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
Toks2008:

I remember a pastor who told a lady he was committing adultery with that he has a special grace.

Yes no one says he/she sins because there is grace but it is a subliminal thought that creeps in...as believers in Christ we know there is a special grace that covers any yet to commit sin but some people just take it for granted.

We are not perfect and we all sin from time to time but GOD sees our minds and we also know when we are taking GOD's grace for granted.

@bolden, what do you mean by any yet to commit sin When the Bible says that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. And if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us...
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Makschinchin: 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
akeensbussy:
Religion is a Scam....

The bible says men fall into sin when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit....Anybody born after that were born sinners.

Why is it that when Jesus Christ was crucify for the sin men, anybody born after that were not saint? if the death of Jesus Christ is for remission of sin..then automatically, everybody on earth today should be saint... not sinner again.

if all of us are still born sinner, what it is the purpose of the death of Jesus to appeal God?

Religion is a scam indeed.

Thank you for asking sir. But I'll like you to give us any New Testament verse that says that we were born sinners. I will take it from there.

Thank you.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Makschinchin: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pataricatering:

You are wrong ma'am. A nasty, unforgiving, hypocrite who claims to believe in Christ is not a born again!!
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Makschinchin: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
NittyR:

I know many of them; always saying Grace got them

Are you for real?? Do you mean you know some who sin intentionally and claim that they're covered by grace??

Please, when next you see such, remind them of what Apostle Paul said in Romans 6:1, Shall we continue to live in sin that grace may abound? God forbid.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Pneumonoultra(m): 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2018
duality:

What do you even mean by sin consciousness.

Do you think this portion of the Bible is a lie?

Ezekiel 33:12-13 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his [righteousness] in the day that he sinneth. When I shall say to the righteous, [that] he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

Please let's be careful. Does God now condone iniquity?... Those twisted interpretation of Grace, it's aimed at the present church, not concerned about their purity and stand towards God.

Soon, Sin will never be mentioned in church gatherings anymore. It's the enemy at work.

Let me challenge you. Be very honest.

When last was this scripture read in your church or any church around you.

Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Be wise

The scripture you quoted was about a person's righteousness by his own works.

We don't live in such desperation.
Jesus became sin so that we will become the righteousness of God.

Talking about sin doesn't solve the problem of the believer sinner. Letting him or her know who he or she is, that's the solution.

Don't forget God said their sins and lawless deeds I'll remember no more.
Or that's not in your Bible ?

Grace Is the reason we can live above sin.
By grace, we get to know that we are righteous (have a righteous nature, we are God's prove of His righteousness and we have right standing with God.

Shalom
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by duality(m): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
Pneumonoultra:

The scripture you quoted was about a person's righteousness by his own works.

We don't live in such desperation.
Jesus became sin so that we will become the righteousness of God.

Talking about sin doesn't solve the problem of the believer sinner. Letting him or her know who he or she is, that's the solution.

Don't forget God said their sins and lawless deeds I'll remember no more.
Or that's not in your Bible ?

Grace Is the reason we can live above sin.
By grace, we get to know that we are righteous (have a righteous nature, we are God's prove of His righteousness and we have right standing with God.

Shalom

Righteousness, repentance forgiveness are tangible and not a believed imagination.

That's why, Jesus stressed in Luke 13:3 (KJV) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

The scripture also says in Isaiah 55:7 (KJV) Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

1 John 2: 1-6 is instructive.. (6) says : He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

That means it's very tangible. You can't claim to have righteousness without the fruits of righteousness. (phil 1:10-11). These fruits are tangible.

Indeed it's by grace we live above sin, here is what Titus 2:11-12 says:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Living righteously is a conscious thing.

We can't keep breeding Christians who have no goodly sorrow towards sin. Christians who never repented but claim to be saved. Even when they grieve the spirit of God, they carry on, without repentance, claiming they are under grace. That's because the enemy of their soul, wants them not to be conscious about their stand towards God.

They claim not to want to be sin conscious, but their hearts are far from God. Christians compromising everyday, many are now comfortable with spiritual filth... Christians now, call others, "HOLY HOLY"

Same people will claim to have the righteousness of God... Yet no fruit of righteousness.

Christianity is a conscious thing.
Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by Pneumonoultra(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
duality:

Righteousness, repentance forgiveness are tangible and not a believed imagination.

That's why, Jesus stressed in Luke 13:3 (KJV) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

The scripture also says in Isaiah 55:7 (KJV) Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

1 John 2: 1-6 is instructive.. (6) says : He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

That means it's very tangible. You can't claim to have righteousness without the fruits of righteousness. (phil 1:10-11). These fruits are tangible.

Indeed it's by grace we live above sin, here is what Titus 2:11-12 says:
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Living righteously is a conscious thing.

We can't keep breeding Christians who have no goodly sorrow towards sin. Christians who never repented but claim to be saved. Even when they grieve the spirit of God, they carry on, without repentance, claiming they are under grace. That's because the enemy of their soul, wants them not to be conscious about their stand towards God.

They claim not to want to be sin conscious, but their hearts are far from God. Christians compromising everyday, many are now comfortable with spiritual filth... Christians now, call others, "HOLY HOLY"

Same people will claim to have the righteousness of God... Yet no fruit of righteousness.

Christianity is a conscious thing.
Good
So the solution is take make him or her conscious of who he or her is.
Teaching them that they are the very righteousness of God and that it is illegal for them to walk in sin.

No amount of warning will change them.
I repeat, no amount of warning.
They'll be scared today then tomorrow sin is cool again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know If You Are Truly Born Again. by akeensbussy(m): 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
Makschinchin:

Thank you for asking sir. But I'll like you to give us any New Testament verse that says that we were born sinners. I will take it from there.

Thank you.

if it is not in the New testament, what is the purpose of Evangelism embarked upon by the so called disciples...because the death of Jesus Christ would have turned all to saint... And there would be no need for the Gospel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cain And Abel Nature In Every Human Being / Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism / Help Me Complete And Translate This Hausa Song.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.