Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway (33520 Views)

“Suspend Chicago University Too”– Atiku Reacts After Benin, Togo Cert Revocation / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) / Frame-up: Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo’s Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Trendirabingi: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
quote author=resurgent2019 post=68916448]

Abeg tell me na. We are all looking for a solution to the problem.[/quote]
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Trendirabingi:
quote author=resurgent2019 post=68916448]

Abeg tell me na. We are all looking for a solution to the problem.

I support your recommendations. We all know where the opposition to these demands is coming from. It is well.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Trendirabingi: 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Abeg tell me na. We are all looking for a solution to the problem.
split dis contraption, start by implementing aburi accord, strip d center full of mad dogs totally of its power, and give it to d people...let every region be monitored for self sustaining growth, and leave dem choice of chosing to remain, or not...give honor to those whom honor is due..respect d peoples voice, its d voice of God..break dis contraption from d grip of satan, whose agents in governtment bind murdurously in chains and claim unity they stand....let d truth and justice be respected...d appeasing might begin..
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
lexy2014:
u call Nigeria a pseudo federalism. Do d governors of d constituent parts that make up Nigeria report 2d president? Does buhari supervise d governors?

It is not about reporting or not. How powerful is a Nigerian governor compared to an American governor? What is on the state list? Can a Nigerian governor make laws related to the police?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Are you hausa cause a southerner can’t talk like this.

Please be honest in your response.

That is a honest response. Many of you cannot even successfully run a small business and yet want to downplay the efforts needed to run a country, especially a corrupt one like Nigeria with an explosive population and an overly tribalistic one prone to religious crisis, especially in the North.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mczeph: 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
Atiku is always the 1st to react.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nukualofa: 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

The question is: has it always been like this with Atiku? Was he this reactive and "sensitive" in 2015?

We all know he is doing this for the votes and it is pathetic to see how easily some of you are falling for it.
He has always shown concern so I don't know why you guys are reading meaning into it
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nukualofa:
He has always shown concern so I don't know why you guys are reading meaning into it

Since when exactly? Any screenshot of this in 2015 or even during the periods when Boko Haram were seriously killing people.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 11:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Ask a principal of a large school about how it feels to run a school. His experience will not even come close to how much it takes to run a country.

Just imagine the question you are asking. You think running a federation of states (36) is the same as running a provisions store. Even a provisions store manager cannot say that he does not have a lot on his hand at a time in a day.
D question I asked u is very straight forward and it has nothing 2do with a principal and a store manager. What I expected u 2 tell me is what d daily activities of d president are. What are those things he does that u say are a lot? Specifics pls
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

It is not about reporting or not. How powerful is a Nigerian governor compared to an American governor? What is on the state list? Can a Nigerian governor make laws related to the police?
first, it is about reporting. Cause u have 2b able 2 establish d people that are accountable 2d president. If u don't do that, how can u determine how busy he is or not? So just d way governors in nigeria arent supervised by d president of Nigeria, same way it is in d US.

Second, how does d fact that a Nigerian governor not having d powers 2 make laws 4 state police now make buhari busier that trump?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
lexy2014:
D question I asked u is very straight forward and it has nothing 2do with a principal and a store manager. What I expected u 2 tell me is what d daily activities of d president are. What are those things he does that u say are a lot? Specifics pls

And I gave a straightforward answer. The exact same thing a manager or a principal (overseer) does, only intensified because a president carries the burden of the whole country on his shoulders. I am sure the whole of his time would be taken listening to security chiefs and meeting stakeholders after stakeholders in his attempt to put an end to the mindless killings in some parts of Nigeria as soon as possible.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nukualofa: 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Since when exactly? Any screenshot of this in 2015 or even during the periods when Boko Haram were seriously killing people.
He wasn't on Twitter then but since he joined he has not stopped to use it as a medium to pass his message across.

Hope you know that he also has the legal right to aspire for any office so I don't know where your sentiments stems from
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nukualofa: 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

And I gave a straightforward answer. The exact same thing a manager or a principal (overseer) does, only intensified because a president carries the burden of the whole country on his shoulders. I am sure the whole of his time would be taken listening to security chiefs and meeting stakeholders after stakeholders in his attempt to put an end to the mindless killings in some parts of Nigeria as soon as possible.
You are now trying to tell us that because of those trifle things bihari do then he is the busiest President on earth
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 11:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
lexy2014:
first, it is about reporting. Cause u have 2b able 2 establish d people that are accountable 2d president. If u don't do that, how can u determine how busy he is or not? So just d way governors in nigeria arent supervised by d president of Nigeria, same way it is in d US.

Second, how does d fact that a Nigerian governor not having d powers 2 make laws 4 state police now make buhari busier that trump?

My friend, leave me alone abeg. I am sure you can't run a secondary school properly. Don't undermine the responsibilities of running a country. And the fact that Trump is the POTUS does not make him busier than Buhari or a president of even a small nation like Eritrea. I am sure you feel Trump is busier than Buhari. However, that is your opinion. I read Obama's schedule and there was nothing special about it.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by oyetpel(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
First responders?
This guy have been reading Donald Trump tweets.
A Nigeria politician is also using the word first responders.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nukualofa:
You are now trying to tell us that because of those trifle things bihari do then he is the busiest President on earth

When did I say that Buhari was the busiest president on earth? It is your opinion if you think Buhari does trifle things. The fact remains that his actions affect even your grandparents. He is the president and that is what matters.

I refuse to agree that Trump is busier than Buhari unless you can make evidences other than mere speculation.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nukualofa: 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

When did I say that Buhari was the busiest president on earth? It is your opinion if you think Buhari does trifle things. The fact remains that his actions affect even your grandparents. He is the president and that is what matters.

I refuse to agree that Trump is busier than Buhari unless you can make evidences other than mere speculation.
If you believe Buhari is busier than Trump then I don't think I can join you in this back and forth because you are still far from getting an Atlas to know the size and population of US and other important decisions Trump has to make for the US and the World in general
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
You guys should ignore that Buhari apologist who compares that Daura relic with Donald.J. Trump.

No wonder Nigeria is in a messed up state. Comparing the leader of the free world with a Fulani herdsman from a backward tribe in a failed African nation. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nukualofa:
If you believe Buhari is busier than Trump then I don't think I can join you in this back and forth because you are still far from getting an Atlas to know the size and population of US and other important decisions Trump has to make for the US and the World in general

Na you get time to dey follow am argue na. Immediately I noticed that he wasn’t a serious person, I stopped responding to his post.

Please, leave let the guy be jooor. He is wat beneath you.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Dollabiz: 1:36am On Jun 29, 2018
hmmm
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by bimbotua(f): 3:43am On Jun 29, 2018
This is so sad!
may God console their families... RIP to them
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ebenice(m): 4:21am On Jun 29, 2018
Newbiee:
PLATEAU AND PDP'S CROCODILE TEARS – PRESIDENCY

The sad and unfortunate killings in Plateau State over the weekend have been turned to opportunity to once again play irresponsible politics, particularly by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which says it is declaring seven days of mourning.

These are dolorous times that call for deep introspection on how cheap human lives have become, and the proffering of actionable ideas on how to get out of the bind. But the PDP would rather dance on the graves of the dead, playing cheap, infantile politics.

The comatose and prostrate party is declaring seven days of mourning, during which flags in its offices would be flown at half mast nationwide. But unknown to the party, those flags had been forcefully lowered since its 2015 loss at the polls, and may remain so for a long time to come, because Nigerians are politically discerning, and cannot be hoodwinked by cheap antics.

A quick checklist of some savage and brutal killings in Nigeria during PDP rule, between 1999 and 2015, for which no national mourning was declared:

- November 20, 1999. Odi, in Bayelsa State, was invaded on orders of a PDP President. About 2,500 people killed. No national mourning.

- Between February and May, 2000, about 5,000 people were killed during riots over Sharia law in different parts of the North. No national mourning.

- In 2001, hundreds of people, including the old, infirm, women and children were killed in Zaki Biam. No crocodile tears.

- Between September 7-12, 2001, Jos, Plateau State, erupted in internecine killings. Between 500 and 1,000 people were killed. Flags were not flown at half mast.

- In February, 2004, at least 975 people were killed in Yelwa-Shendam, Plateau State. No mourning by the then ruling PDP.

- Between November 28 and 29, 2008, Jos was in flames again, with 381 deaths.
No mourning.

- In 2010, 992 people killed in Jos. Mum was the word.

- In 2014 alone, according to Global Terrorism Index, at least 1,229 people were killed in the Middle Belt. No mourning.

- Boko Haram killings in PDP years were over 10,000. PDP flags were still fluttering proudly in the sky.

Those who take pleasure in twisting statements from the Presidency may claim we are saying that many more people were killed under PDP than under President Muhammadu Buhari. It would be unconscionable to do so. The intendment of this statement is to show that wanton killings had been with us for awhile; this government is working towards enduring solutions; and should be given the opportunity to do so.

Even a single soul is precious, and no man should take a life, which he cannot create. But when tragic situations as had happened in Plateau State occur, such should never be used to play crude politics. Those who are wont to do so should have change of hearts, or lose their very humanity.

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
June 28, 2018
are u a new recruit??
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by izzyboi(m): 4:52am On Jun 29, 2018
May their souls rest in peace.

You can't afford to miss this if you're a student https://didyouknowthesefacts./2018/06/28/how-to-study-effectively/
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Born2Breed(f): 5:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Black June

Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Shosvegas(m): 5:20am On Jun 29, 2018
PearlStreet:

This is Lagos, we don't need your Atiku/Buhari madness here.

There's a time for politics and a time to keep shut if you have nothing sensible to say.
These people don't even know when to play politics
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 6:14am On Jun 29, 2018
BluntBoy:

I asked u about d functions of d president of Nigeria and i asked 4 specifics but u are talking about principal & store manager. How are those relevant 2 what I asked?

D president has 24 federal ministries under his watch but u are saying this

BluntBoy:

I am sure the whole of his time would be taken listening to security chiefs and meeting stakeholders after stakeholders in his attempt to put an end to the mindless killings in some parts of Nigeria as soon as possible.

So if this what he does with his whole time, then obviously he isn't as busy as u want us 2 believe. That means he doesn't even make time out 4 his 24 ministries&d extra one which he is d minister of petroleum. At least, u have ended up telling us y d country isnt moving forward
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 6:21am On Jun 29, 2018
BluntBoy:

My friend, leave me alone abeg. I am sure you can't run a secondary school properly. Don't undermine the responsibilities of running a country. And the fact that Trump is the POTUS does not make him busier than Buhari or a president of even a small nation like Eritrea. I am sure you feel Trump is busier than Buhari. However, that is your opinion. I read Obama's schedule and there was nothing special about it.
sweetheart, am not holding u. Am only responding 2 ur assertion that buhari is busier than trump. Whether I can run a secondary school property or not, has nothing 2do with d discussion. If u want 2 have that discussion, feel free 2 open another thread on that, and I will gladly engage u. But 4 now, kindly provide ur facts 2 support ur claim that buhari is busier than trump.

Its good u say u have read Obama's schedule . I will b glad if u can share what u read
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 6:22am On Jun 29, 2018
ebenice:
are u a new recruit??
don't u c his name is "Newbie"
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by duerap: 6:28am On Jun 29, 2018
tayo4ng:
Ok, where and when did we got it wrong in these nation, why is lives so cheap in Nigeria, tears rolling out of my eyes. This is really sad.

1st October 1960.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by teepain: 7:11am On Jun 29, 2018
PearlStreet:

This is Lagos, we don't need your Atiku/Buhari madness here.

There's a time for politics and a time to keep shut if you have nothing sensible to say.

Thanks for saying my mind. Only idiots play politics with the death of innocent people.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ebenice(m): 8:06am On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:
don't u c his name is "Newbie"
oh! thanks for noticing..i thought as much
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:
sweetheart, am not holding u. Am only responding 2 ur assertion that buhari is busier than trump. Whether I can run a secondary school property or not, has nothing 2do with d discussion. If u want 2 have that discussion, feel free 2 open another thread on that, and I will gladly engage u. But 4 now, kindly provide ur facts 2 support ur claim that buhari is busier than trump.

Its good u say u have read Obama's schedule . I will b glad if u can share what u read

I am not under any obligation to answer you.

However, I have provided facts. Trump has less legislative duties to deal with than Buhari. Trump's dealings are mostly external and the others, he has to share with the governors. Moreover, a true federalism would run easier than a pseudo federalism. There is also the functionings. The US has a better political structure but our political structure is messed up and overly corrupt and can be enough to frustrate anyone in the helms of affairs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faces Of Boko Haram Sponsors – Pointblank News / Photos: See What Gov.Kashim Shettima Did To Control Hunger And Poverty in Borno / photo: Nigerian Voters Usin Stones And Bottles To Keep Space Ahead Of Votin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.