Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr (30283 Views)

What Was The Problem With Rohr / Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Other Players Arrive Uyo After Nff’s Lament. Photos / PHOTOS: Super Eagles Defender, Tyronne Ebuehi Joins Benfica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2018
There was nothing wrong with the coach's strategy in that match whatever we say now is hindsight bias .

I like Ebuehi more than idowu because of his attacking ability and recovery speed....lets not forget however that ebuehi caused the penalty against Iceland...A coach that followed the path of caution in that tense match should not be blamed .

we lost because of ighalo ighalo ighalo and nothing more ....We were not under pressure in the second half...betwen the 76th and 83rd minute we had 3 clear chances to go ahead .

Rojo's goal in the 85th minute was Argentina's first shot on target in the second half so how can someone now come and blame the coach .

a coach can strategise and only pray that your good chances don't fall to an Ighalo
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by phase1: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Rhemmymatician:
1st this report was written by an Ebuehi fan.

2nd Ebuehi didn't say any if the rubbish in the above article.

3rd Messi didn't run Idowu ragged

4th Messi didn't score through Idowu's position, he scored through Omeruo's position (Left Central Defence)

5th Nigeria were not launching attacks at 1-1, we were counter attacking

And lastly you won't find this trash report in any credible tabloid

http://punchng.com/ebuehi-other-players-unhappy-with-rohr/amp/

https://www.nairaland.com/4588893/world-cup-ebuehi-other-players
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Carmal90(m): 9:59am On Jun 29, 2018
kjhova:

There is something called game management. It is an extensive school of thought and standard professional football clubs and football academies take considerable timeto train their playing staff on it. The Super Eagles had poor game management walahi!

83rd min on and match score was 1:1, we have our result while the Argies were chasing the game. We also had 2 subs to go. I'd take the slower striker, Ighalo, out and stick an extra DF like maybe Ogu in his place and move a faster poacher like Musa to central attack. Musa hugs the center circle in anticipation of a fast counter while everyone else wall of our 18yard.

88mins on, still 1:1, bring on an extra DF for one of your MF like maybe Mikel leaves for Abdulahi and waste some considerable time while doing that. Get a yellow in the process or something but ensure the match isn't active again until the 90th min.

90min+, still 1:1, all the players should become brittle bones and collapse upon all flimsy touches. Howl, wail, scream, cry...but plssss stay on the foickinndg floor!! We will get a yellow card or three but that game must never have been allowed to remain open as it was.

Is it the coach? Should the players have known this too and kick into the act? I really don't know. I guess Africa is still learning the finer points of the game.

It is the coach
Am not blaming any player,all blame should go to the coaching crew
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2018
Rekyz:
The coach was right with his decisions. We were a bit unlucky.
u create ur own luck. After watching how Iceland & Croatia almost ruined messi's career, what did d coach learn from that? Nothing. Playing against Argentina, he deployed tactics that gave d below average Argentine team all d room in d world 2 play, pass&shoot
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2018
jrusky:
Pls NFF let Roar or Raw be sack simple as that. This Ebuei came for Iceland match in a matter of a minute the whole game changed but this old lazy coach sat this boy on bench all through and other few players and Argentina ran wild to pushed us out.

Pls Roar must go Nigerians are tired of lazy coach that has no sense of the game of soccer.

We have loads of good players now but lazy dull coach. Before we use to have active coach but lazy players. Or did Roar or whatever got bribed

The game changed but he caused the penalty..if sigurdson scored his penalty ...there is no guarantee that we still would have won .

personally since Argentina succeeded in confining Moses to defensive duties only . which was a waste of attacking talent on our side ...i would have considered bringing in ebuehi as full back and push Moses upfront
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by charlesm91(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Sometimes I wondered during the game if the coach was a secret admirer of Messi and wished his progression just to see him win the ultimate. I see no reason not to use your subs in the game seeing the game was in its final phase. Argentina made changes and we did nothing to counter it. That's where I fault the coach with the rest of the blame falling on the players for not utilising their chances earlier on.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by phase1: 10:09am On Jun 29, 2018
The coach doesn't deserve to stay since he lacks confidence and hardly knows his players well.

You took a useless Ighalo who scored a measly 4 goals in 21 matches and gave him the No 9 jersy. How can a buffoon like Ighalo be the best striker in a country of 200 million people and tens of thousands of hungry footballers?

How can you not appreciate that your team was tired under-talented against the Argies and pack the bus when they were at stalemate at 1-1 which was in your favour? Even if it means having all 11 players in the 18 yards box behind the ball.

The loss is not the painful thing, it is way the loss happened, it is the fact that we saw the mistake beforehand and warned Rohr that wasteful, fat-buttocks and unfit Ighalo had no business playing in a match of that tempo. What was Ebuehi doing on the bench in a high tempo match as that?

Check my post history, immediately I saw Ighalo come in at half time, I switched of my TV as I knew Rohr have blown it. Rohr was simply experimenting, he does not know his players and even though we showed him the light, he refused to see.

I have a feeling his moneybag players have an undue influence on him instead of the other way round.

Ighalo have gone the way of sani keita and yakubu. Even if he scores one million goals in china, he will remain a bad dream everyone wants to forget.

1 Like

Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by zudozz: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2018
[b]from d comments here..I ll comment my reserve..Lol.. Becos its obvious that Nigerians observed n know what actually happened.
We played one of the best teams on planet earth n d best player in d world in Lionel Messi but becos they drew with Iceland we forgot that and were already talking abt 2nd round.

The coach did nt do well by not bringing in fresh legs from 80th minutes when the scoreline was 1-1..Idowu should have made way for Eboehi n Mikel for John Ogu Musa for Iwobi.. The team could have even scored rather than defend and defend..Also till tomorrow that hand ball was a penalty..the whole world know the referee n VAR denied us.

In all the team played very well..Just that they played against a better side n also lacked luck which they needed. Not forgetting d fact that we did nt ve a lethal striker.. Like yekini Aghahowa even Martins. This strikerd would have scored at least one of those goals Ighalo missed.

But in all d team did their best only their best was nt good enough..If we keep crying what do you say abt Senegal?? Their team is better than ours. The group tighter n stronger but they were eliminated due to yellow card fair play rule.[/b]
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:
There was nothing wrong with the coach's strategy in that match whatever we say now is hindsight bias .

I like Ebuehi more than idowu because of his attacking ability and recovery speed....lets not forget however that ebuehi caused the penalty against Iceland...A coach that followed the path of caution in that tense match should not be blamed .

we lost because of ighalo ighalo ighalo and nothing more ....We were not under pressure in the second half...betwen the 76th and 83rd minute we had 3 clear chances to go ahead .

Rojo's goal in the 85th minute was Argentina's first shot on target in the second half so how can someone now come and blame the coach .

a coach can strategise and only pray that your good chances don't fall to an Ighalo
u right ighalo should have taken his chances but d game should have been done&dusted b4 ighalo came in.After watching how Iceland & Croatia almost ruined messi's career, what did d coach learn from that? Nothing. Playing against Argentina, he deployed tactics that gave d below average Argentine team all d room in d world 2 play, pass&shoot

Truth is that d coach has been deficient tactically & he never seemed enthusiastic about taking d team beyond d group stage from his utterances.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by zudozz: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2018
[b]from d comments here..I ll comment my reserve..Lol.. Becos its obvious that Nigerians observed n know what actually happened.
We played one of the best teams on planet earth n d best player in d world in Lionel Messi but becos they drew with Iceland we forgot that and were already talking abt 2nd round.

The coach did nt do well by not bringing in fresh legs from 80th minutes when the scoreline was 1-1..Idowu should have made way for Eboehi n Mikel for John Ogu Musa for Iwobi.. The team could have even scored rather than defend and defend..Also till tomorrow that hand ball was a penalty..the whole world know the referee n VAR denied us.

In all the team played very well..Just that they played against a better side n also lacked luck which they needed. Not forgetting d fact that we did nt ve a lethal striker.. Like yekini Aghahowa even Martins. This strikerd would have scored at least one of those goals Ighalo missed.

But in all d team did their best only their best was nt good enough..If we keep crying what do you say abt Senegal?? Their team is better than ours. The group tighter n stronger but they were eliminated due to yellow card fair play rule[/b]
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2018
lets not make the mistake of sacking Rohr ....a coach whose second half is always better than what the opponents offer is one that really reads the game
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by neyobills: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

If he had started Ebuehi, I swear to God Argentina will score more than 2 goals, that guy is not good defensively. The coach knows better than us. Despite not using Ebuehi we had more chances, we should blame Ighalo and Ihenacho that never utilised their chances.

Who cares whatever daddy in the sky u want to swear to,I guess u folks like to mention the word in the most petty things imaginable,all that matters here is the stats,compare the stats in the first half vs ISL to the second half and u will know he is damn defensive,the coach should have brought him in immediate after we scored the penalty if not for his pace at least to kill time,besides we obviously needed fresh legs cos fatigue was already setting in,I wouldn't blame anyone as it is what it is,but Ebeuehi would have sure made a lot if difference as well as a few other fresh legs in the last 25 mins of the match at least.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by pelezico: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2018
Yep your 100% right but i will add that this started after the Argentine friendly game. As much as I want continuity and do not want Nigeria to stuff up players like Ebuehi by leaving them in the wilderness of international football i really beleive Rorh has to go - we need change and i my suggestion would be to use Emmanuel Amuneke
hisgrace090:
Rohr seems to have suffered stage fright which make him unable to make good decisions during the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:14am On Jun 29, 2018
pelezico:
Yep your 100% right but i will add that this started after the Argentine friendly game. As much as I want continuity and do not want Nigeria to stuff up players like Ebuehi by leaving them in the wilderness of international football i really beleive Rorh has to go - we need change and i my suggestion would be to use Emmanuel Amuneke

Amu. wetin?

don't even go there
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:
u right ighalo should have taken his chances but d game should have been done&dusted b4 ighalo came in.After watching how Iceland & Croatia almost ruined messi's career, what did d coach learn from that? Nothing. Playing against Argentina, he deployed tactics that gave d below average Argentine team all d room in d world 2 play, pass&shoot

Truth is that d coach has been deficient tactically & he never seemed enthusiastic about taking d team beyond d group stage from his utterances.

Ighalo started the second half.

Technically how can an Argentine coach who could not formulate a strategy to register a single shot on target in the second half until 85th minute in a must win match be rated higher than a coach whose team needed a draw but had created 3 clear chances .

Summary of the match ...Ighalo wasted our chances ...Argentina got lucky and scored at a time when we had little time to respond ...lets not give any useless praise to sampaoli

let's not make the mistake of sacking Rohr..
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by phase1: 10:21am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:
lets not make the mistake of sacking Rohr ....a coach whose second half is always better than what the opponents offer is one that really reads the game

The commentators calls the team a 'Second half team'. It is not flattering, infact it is derogatory. It means when other are waking up to fight you are still slumbering. What if you are killed of in your sleep in the first half with 3-0 or 4-0?

The team is not a comeback team, how many times have they comeback for 2 goals down to fight and win in a competitive match? What is essence of waking up in the second half when all the damage have been done in first half.

A proper team goes into the first half playing as if they are 2 or 3 goals down. Ighalo and co go into the match to see their faces and permed hair on the TV screens in the stadium.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2018
neyobills:

Who cares whatever daddy in the sky u want to swear to,I guess u folks like to mention the word in the most petty things imaginable,all that matters here is the stats,compare the stats in the first half vs ISL to the second half and u will know he is damn defensive,the coach should have brought him in immediate after we scored the penalty if not for his pace at least to kill time,besides we obviously needed fresh legs cos fatigue was already setting in,I wouldn't blame anyone as it is what it is,but Ebeuehi would have sure made a lot if difference as well as a few other fresh legs in the last 25 mins of the match at least.
If you don't believe in God that is your problem, moreover God is not my daddy. Back to the issue ,he(Ebuehi) won't do anything, I repeat it. Messi and the likes will dribble his life, the same Ebuehi that caused the penalty against Iceland. Even before Ebuehi was introduced against Iceland, the gamed had already changed, our attackers were already having an attempt on goals not like the first half that was dry. Had it been Sigurdsson had scored the penalty that Ebuehi caused with his inexperience, you won't be making this comment. We always want to look for who to blame, Argentina dominated the game, we had our own chances that would have sealed the game and fire us to the next round. I repeat Ebuehi won't do nada. Rohr has said it all, he is young he needs more experience that is what would make him a better player.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2018
I agree he needs to improve on his pre match scouting opponents so that our first half is better ...but in the qualifiers our first half wasn't bad

However the ability to look at the first half and determine what you need to do to contain the opponents effectively and create chances for your team is one skill that is premium in coaching
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Rigel95(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Babysho:

Yeah good call. We were able to defend without conceding a goal...oh wait! tongue

Fear Fear Nigeria. Croatia beat Argentina 3-0. Must we defend?
weak attempt at sarcasm.

Even Croatia did not go all gung'ho full attack on them. Two of their goals were from counter attacks while the third was from a goalkeeper's error.

The difference between us and Croatia is they had 3shots and scored 3 goals. we had more but scored only one.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Rigel95:

weak attempt at sarcasm.

Even Croatia did not go all gung'ho full attack on them. Two of their goals were from counter attacks while the third was from a goalkeeper's error.

The difference between us and Croatia is they had 3shots and scored 3 goals. we had more but scored only one.

Excellent.

We just have to pray that tournament defining chances don't fall to an "Ighalo" in future
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Certitude(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2018
Rhemmymatician:
1st this report was written by an Ebuehi fan.

2nd Ebuehi didn't say any if the rubbish in the above article.

3rd Messi didn't run Idowu ragged

4th Messi didn't score through Idowu's position, he scored through Omeruo's position (Left Central Defence)

5th Nigeria were not launching attacks at 1-1, we were counter attacking

And lastly you won't find this trash report in any credible tabloid
Thanks sir for this. I wonder how Messi ran Idowu ragged.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 10:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Certitude:

Thanks sir for this. I wonder how Messi ran Idowu ragged.

Idowu had the highest rating in our defence that day
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Certitude(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

Idowu had the highest rating in our defence that day
Fact. I love Ebuehi, so also Idowu. Idowu was really great at the WC.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

Ighalo started the second half.

Technically how can an Argentine coach who could not formulate a strategy to register a single shot on target in the second half until 85th minute in a must win match be rated higher than a coach whose team needed a draw but had created 3 clear chances .

Summary of the match ...Ighalo wasted our chances ...Argentina got lucky and scored at a time when we had little time to respond ...lets not give any useless praise to sampaoli

let's not make the mistake of sacking Rohr..
ighalo started d 2nd half but what business did messi have scoring within 15minutes, d same messi that couldn't even trap ball against Iceland & Croatia? D key was 2 take messi out d game but d coach allowed him & his team mates 2c d ball& play.

Am not absolving ighalo but d coach got it wrong right from d blast of d whistle. Again, if ur striker isn't scoring, y will u concede? Doesn't make sense.

babytoun:

Technically how can an Argentine coach who could not formulate a strategy to register a single shot on target in the second half until 85th minute in a must win match be rated higher than a coach whose team needed a draw but had created 3 clear chances
Simply because football is about results. Sampaoli won d game so he is better, fair&square.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

Amu. wetin?

don't even go there

what's wrong with amunike?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Samuel6962: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Vex and die..

I have nothing else to say
idiot
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 11:21am On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:
ighalo started d 2nd half but what business did messi have scoring within 15minutes, d same messi that couldn't even trap ball against Iceland & Croatia? D key was 2 take messi out d game but d coach allowed him & his team mates 2c d ball& play.

Am not absolving ighalo but d coach got it wrong right from d blast of d whistle. Again, if ur striker isn't scoring, y will u concede? Doesn't make sense.

Simply because football is about results. Sampaoli won d game so he is better, fair&square.

You think Messi has been world best for 5 times for nothing ? you think teams don't plan to shut him out of matches ...you think after the Iceland and Croatia match he would not have gone to do some home work...messi"s goal was omeruo's personal error for giving him space for a split second . Iceland did not register a single attempt at goal in the second half against Argentina because everybody was defending just nfroont of their 18.

Aside the goal by Messi and the free kick that the keeper paried I did not see much of Messi in that match

When you playva team like Argentina you cant deny them completely of creating chances ...what you work towards is to limit their chances and also try to create your own with the aim of being clinical in front of goal ...when you miss your chances...it does not mean I will miss mine . Rohr said before the match that our attackers must be very clinical.......no coach expects a striker to miss from 7 yards unpresaured like ighalo did

I disagree that Rohr strategy was wrong from the start of the match .....lets not allow our pain blind objectivity
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 11:22am On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:
what's wrong with amunike?

coach super Eagles with what coaching credential?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 11:26am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

coach super Eagles with what coaching credential?
what was rohrs coaching credential?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:
what was rohrs coaching credential?

you are dodging my question .....na lucky deep we wan use pick coach ? what has Amuneke done that makes you feel he can coach super Eagles?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 11:45am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

You think Messi has been world best for 5 times for nothing ? you think teams don't plan to shut him out of matches ...you think after the Iceland and Croatia match he would not have gone to do some home work...messi"s goal was omeruo's personal error for giving him space for a split second . Iceland did not register a single attempt at goal in the second half against Argentina because everybody was defending just nfroont of their 18.

Aside the goal by Messi and the free kick that the keeper paried I did not see much of Messi in that match

When you playva team like Argentina you cant deny them completely of creating chances ...what you work towards is to limit their chances and also try to create your own with the aim of being clinical in front of goal ...when you miss your chances...it does not mean I will miss mine . Rohr said before the match that our attackers must be very clinical.......no coach expects a striker to miss from 7 yards unpresaured like ighalo did

I disagree that Rohr strategy was wrong from the start of the match .....lets not allow our pain blind objectivity

he won world footballer 5 times yet u said "i did not see much of Messi in that match". He won world footballer of d year 5times yet he needed 2b made 2 look ordinary b4 according 2u he needed 2do his homework. Messi's performance so far has been less than sterling. Football is no respecter of persons or title thats y Germany are out of d competition.

What am talking about here is tactics&d coach lacked it. If u watched d friendlies, u would have seen these errors but we all overlooked them cos they were friendlies. We played about 4 friendlies, Argentina played none. So our coach should have been better prepared.

If u saying am not being objective in my criticism of d coach cos I feel bad that Nigeria lost, then y are u criticising ighalo? Are u also being objective? Is he d defender that allowed messi & rojo 2 score?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by neyobills: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

If you don't believe in God that is your problem, moreover God is not my daddy. Back to the issue ,he(Ebuehi) won't do anything, I repeat it. Messi and the likes will dribble his life, the same Ebuehi that caused the penalty against Iceland. Even before Ebuehi was introduced against Iceland, the gamed had already changed, our attackers were already having an attempt on goals not like the first half that was dry. Had it been Sigurdsson had scored the penalty that Ebuehi caused with his inexperience, you won't be making this comment. We always want to look for who to blame, Argentina dominated the game, we had our own chances that would have sealed the game and fire us to the next round. I repeat Ebuehi won't do nada. Rohr has said it all, he is young he needs more experience that is what would make him a better player.

I KNEW it that u would refer to the penalty and u didn't disappoint,we can all agree that there has been so many controversial penalties and penalty denials in this ongoing WC and that was just one of them,if that subtle tackle can be a penalty then I think Senegal equally deserved a penalty against Colombia yesterday,compare it to Mandzukic penalty against King Kong and tell me who is more inexperienced,no player is immune to dribbles and u guys that dribbled Messi how many points did that fetch u,he was brought in at the beginning of the 2nd half and that's when things changed contrary to your he will do nada rants,if Rohr had made the right changes at the right time,the result might just have been different,only ignorant folks like u take everything Rohr says seriously,at least not anymore with present result.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President / Juventus Troll Barcelona Over GOAT Tweet / Pharaohs Afraid Of ‘Black Magic' Ahead Of Eagles Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.