Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr (30285 Views)

What Was The Problem With Rohr / Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Other Players Arrive Uyo After Nff’s Lament. Photos / PHOTOS: Super Eagles Defender, Tyronne Ebuehi Joins Benfica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 11:49am On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

you are dodging my question .....na lucky deep we wan use pick coach ? what has Amuneke done that makes you feel he can coach super Eagles?
bros na d same thing. As u feel say amuneke no get credentials na so me feel say rohr no get credentials
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
neyobills:

I KNEW it that u would refer to the penalty and u didn't disappoint,we can all agree that there has been so many controversial penalties and penalty denials in this ongoing WC and that was just one of them,if that subtle tackle can be a penalty then I think Senegal equally deserved a penalty against Colombia yesterday,compare it to Mandzukic penalty against King Kong and tell me who is more inexperienced,no player is immune to dribbles and u guys that dribbled Messi how many points did that fetch u,he was brought in at the beginning of the 2nd half and that's when things changed contrary to your he will do nada rants,if Rohr had made the right changes at the right time,the result might just have been different,only ignorant folks like u take everything Rohr says seriously,at least not anymore with present result.
Mr man, Ebuehi is there or not, we will still lose as long as we didn't take our chances, Ebuehi won't do anything in that match. Ignoramus like you will still blame Rohr for Ighalo and Ihenancho that were misfiring. You make me laugh. As if Ebuehi is the messiah of the team. If you know you aren't satisfied with Rohr you can take over his position.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by babytoun: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
lexy2014:

he won world footballer 5 times yet u said "i did not see much of Messi in that match". He won world footballer of d year 5times yet he needed 2b made 2 look ordinary b4 according 2u he needed 2do his homework. Messi's performance so far has been less than sterling. Football is no respecter of persons or title thats y Germany are out of d competition.

What am talking about here is tactics&d coach lacked it. If u watched d friendlies, u would have seen these errors but we all overlooked them cos they were friendlies. We played about 4 friendlies, Argentina played none. So our coach should have been better prepared.

If u saying am not being objective in my criticism of d coach cos I feel bad that Nigeria lost, then y are u criticising ighalo? Are u also being objective? Is he d defender that allowed messi & rojo 2 score?

I don't even know where to start .....

I mentioned he is a 5 time world footballer to highlight that normally he is a top quality player......and yes I repeat that I did not see much of him in the game expecially in the second half.....pleasr mention one notable thing he did in the second half.

You are faulting Rohr for the strategy but I am saying the strategy wasn't wrong but that in the course of execution Ighalo bungled it ... and everybody even Ighalo has confirmed that he messed up.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by lexy2014: 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
babytoun:

I don't even know where to start .....

I mentioned he is a 5 time world footballer to highlight that normally he is a top quality player......and yes I repeat that I did not see much of him in the game expecially in the second half.....pleasr mention one notable thing he did in the second half.

You are faulting Rohr for the strategy but I am saying the strategy wasn't wrong but that in the course of execution Ighalo bungled it ... and everybody even Ighalo has confirmed that he messed up.

Bros it's d same thing we are saying. Messi was a mess from their first game against Iceland. He was awful. Now as bad as he was, he scored against Nigeria which wasn't supposed 2b. That's my argument. If d tactics was right, messi who had nothing 2 offer in his first 2 games shouldn't b winning man of d match against Nigeria. And if that was d case, we wouldn't b talking about ighalo missing chances cos we have settled d game in d first half.

If u watch from our friendlies 2d last game, it was always 2nd half performance. Y? Who do u blame 4 that? Ighalo? Like I said earlier, I am not exonerating ighalo of any blame am only saying d general performance of d team was poor and its d responsibility of d coach not ighalo. D team had d potential 2do better than it did but d coach got it all wrong. U keep saying ighalo, ighalo...is it ighalo that caused rojo&messi 2 score? If ur striker isn't scoring, y would ur defence b conceding? Argentina went ahead twice...Y?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Afamed: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
ROSYL:

No they didn't try their best. Nigerians always settling for less, that's why you guys hail governors who build one flyover or one bus garage.
Our best wasn't enough. You said it all. In a loving footballing nation, Igalo and co should not have been invited into a team going to W/C.

1 Like

Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by melomelo: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
Let bygone be bygone pleeaaseee!
Go back to the drawing board as usual!!
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Scout60(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2018
9japarrot:
Yes like I said the coach is clueless and not worthy of being our coach,you field players due to their big names and not how inform they were currently.

This ebuehi guy was just too good to be benched, because in modern football your wing must be attack minded to assist the forward players.
when you are facing a team with the best attack, you prefer an offensive right back to defensive right back.
guy u are clueless not the coach
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by 9japarrot: 9:06am On Jun 30, 2018
Scout60:

when you are facing a team with the best attack, you prefer an offensive right back to defensive right back.
guy u are clueless not the coach

You dont know football guy..

both left&right wing back in modern football should be attack minded and able to defend at the same time..

1 Like

Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Rossikki: 11:04am On Jun 30, 2018
kjhova:

We are not ready for Nigerian managers, never mind great or weak! We suffer serious National Inferiority Complex and I'll itemise my reasons for this opinion:

1) When we employ a European, he is a "technical Adviser" (which is even incorrect as the proper English word should be Advisor) however when we employ a Nigerian, he is only a "Head Coach" despite that the jobs are exactly the same.

2) In pay terms, the contracts we give European managers are often 5 to 10 times higher than the package for the Nigerian manager with extra perks to add...all for the same job!

3) When a European manager fails...whimper/dead silence is all you get. When a Nigerian manager fails, words like Tactical/Deficient/Technical/Inexperience etc are screamed all over radio, TV, Newspaper stands all over the place!
It really is shameful. We need spiritual deliverance. We act like a cursed people.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Scout60(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2018
9japarrot:

You dont know football guy..

both left&right wing back in modern football should be attack minded and able to defend at the same time..

that means u didn't read the write up
what the coach wanted was right back who is defensive minded. Idowu is better than Ebuehi for defence while ebuehi is better at attack. For a team like Argentina which have strong attackers, a coach should go for defensive right back that is why he chose idowu
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by 9japarrot: 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Scout60:

that means u didn't read the write up
what the coach wanted was right back who is defensive minded. Idowu is better than Ebuehi for defence while ebuehi is better at attack. For a team like Argentina which have strong attackers, a coach should go for defensive right back that is why he chose idowu

And did it work out for him? Cause the both goals came from that wing..
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Scout60(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2018
9japarrot:

And did it work out for him? Cause the both goals came from that wing..
What would have happened if Idowu was not there because the guy really hold messi down forcing messi to switch wing
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by Dedetwo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
KakiP:
I understand ebuehi grievance and I rate him highly but the formation we played robbed him from featuring in the games.

Keep your head up.

Most Nigerians are full of it. Why an idiotic formation would bar a coach from fielding his or her best or one of the best players on a team?
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by KakiP(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Dedetwo:

Most Nigerians are full of it. Why an idiotic formation would bar a coach from fielding his or her best or one of the best players on a team?

Personally I think Ebuehi should have started the first game over Shehu, after the loss to Croatia we had to switch to a more conservative formation, three at the back with Moses and Idowu at the flanks, and there’s no way Ebuehi will replace Moses at RWB in the lineup hence denying him the chance to feature.
Re: Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr by kjhova(m): 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Rossikki:
It really is shameful. We need spiritual deliverance. We act like a cursed people.

Naaaa, it ain't nothing to do with spirits and we are not cursed.

It is ignorance and low information affecting the majority due to our poor education and colonial history.

Some day, maybe not in my lifetime, Africans will shed ignorance and thread the part of knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President / Juventus Troll Barcelona Over GOAT Tweet / Pharaohs Afraid Of ‘Black Magic' Ahead Of Eagles Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.