Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? (2062 Views)

INEC Sacks Two For Denying Non-Indigenes PVC Collection In Lagos / Cameroonian Gendarmes Force Bakassi Indigenes To Leave Their Homeland / Bakassi Indigenes Reject Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
The militants tend to wear military uniforms in the camp and police uniforms with police bullet proof vest outside the camp for their normal operations. They carry AK47 assault riffles and perform drills each morning in the bush around the cell building- the so-called camp. All the boys spoke the local dialect- asa/ngwa version of igbo language. The chairman/leader of the group who authorized each release has facial tribal marks, speaks same dialect. It may not surprise me if he is a northerner and security personnel. It is impossible that the security agents do not know their position.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-453079.0.html

I extracted the story in the quote above from an actual kidnapping experience that took place along P.H-Aba expressway recently. Please note the bolded portion which I can summarize as follows:

1. The kidnappers spoke ngwa/ Asa dialect of Igbo
2. The leader of the kidnappers does not look like an Igbo

We also know from another story http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/26/514.html that a lot of non-indigenes live in Aba, including thousands of northerners. These people speak perfect Igbo (presumably of ngwa dialect).

Now who is the leader of the kidnappers mentioned in this story? Igbos do not bear tribal marks. Which northern groups have tribal marks? We also know that many fulani cattle rearers in the south are involved in armed robbery? Are nefarious elements of ngwa/asa origin allowing others use them to commit crimes in their land?
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2010
I think many of them are Ngwas but not all. Aba is relatively a cosmopolitan city due to it's commercial nature.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by ChinenyeN(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
I do not doubt that there would be Ngwa involvement (more especially some youth). That one seems rather obvious to me. I just am not convinced that the Ngwa are actually the ones responsible for every thing.

I have though wondered about two things. . .
1. How easy (or difficult) is it for the average Aba resident to get access to weapons such as those that the militants carry around?
2. How easy (or difficult) is it for the average Ngwa living in ala Ngwa (both in Aba and those living in rural areas) to get access to weapons such as those that the militants carry around?
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2010
these ngwa that keep getting the blame for everything - are they ibo or not?
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2010
oyb:

these ngwa that keep getting the blame for everything - are they ibo or not?
We are, but with the way people talk one would think that there is an Ikwere-Igbo situation afoot. Oh well *shrug*. .
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by AndreUweh(m): 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2010
oyb:

these ngwa that keep getting the blame for everything - are they IGBO or not?
Irrelevant and bullshit.
Ijebus that keep getting blamed for everything-are they Yoruba or not?.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by bkbabe97: 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Irrelevant and bullshit.
Ijebus that keep getting blamed for everything-are they Yoruba or not?.

Hahahahaha. lOl. Ibo inferiority complex at its best!!! Any Ibo problem; Solution? BLAME THE YORUBAS! Wut has the fact that Yall Ibo armed robbers is terrorizing they Kith and kin got to do with the Yoruba nation? Its well Known that Ibos are natural gun-slingers, dont try to blame anyone else! Now settle this between yall :Which Ibo sub-group got the most prolific Robbers and Kidnappers?! We already know what Ibo group holds the title as the "baddest" drug dealers, and which ones is the sleekest fraudsters. . . Just dont bring outsiders into yall crime activities! Crooks!
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by EzeUche(m): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
^^^^^

The more you talk on Igbo threads, the more I believe you are truly a Yoruba who wants to be Latino. Sad are you kissed by the sun Yoruba always try to lightening your skin, that you will eve go as far to be a Latino poster on Nigerian forum. Sad!!!
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Ibime(m): 10:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
When we were having kidnapping problem in Rivers State and we told em it was mostly our brothers in Aba state causing all the ruckus, they did not believe. I hope Aba boys no go blame Rivers boys this time around o!  grin grin
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by EzeUche(m): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ibime:

When we were having kidnapping problem in Rivers State and we told em it was mostly our brothers in Aba state causing all the ruckus, they did not believe. I hope Aba boys no go blame Rivers boys this time around o!  grin grin

Chai! grin

You are wrong for that.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by AndreUweh(m): 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ibime:

When we were having kidnapping problem in Rivers State and we told em it was mostly our brothers in Aba state causing all the ruckus, they did not believe. I hope Aba boys no go blame Rivers boys this time around o! grin grin
Those who kidnapped Elechi Amadi were his Ikwerre kinsmen. Kinsmen of anyone who is kidnapped are responsible for most kidnappings in Nigeria. As a consequence, count Aba boys out.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by bkbabe97: 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2010
EzeUche:

^^^^^

The more you talk on Igbo threads, the more I believe you are truly a Yoruba who wants to be Latino. Sad are you kissed by the sun Yoruba always try to lightening your skin, that you will eve go as far to be a Latino poster on Nigerian forum. Sad!!!

. . . . And when ur done worrying yourself to death, send me a text!
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by DeepSoul(f): 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2010
Whether they are Ngwa or awgN, point is, they are igbo.
I find it very hard to believe that a Hausa man will have enough freedom to do that sort of thing in an Igbo land.
Regardless of the fact that Aba is relatively a cosmopolitan city due to its penchant for trading, it is also a very "indigenised" town.
That is, the "igboness" cannot be mistaken.
A Hausa man will find it almost impossible to "secure" a spot in an IGBO VILLAGE and be allowed to carry out these acts with the full support of the "host" villagers.

Anyone pointing to the fact that these animals may not be Igbo should think again!

The villagers around are all aware of what's going on and I can bet my last kobo that the community leaders are being "settled" by these bad boys.
So tell me how possible it is for these kidnappers to be non-Igbos. . .

When the Niger delta boys were on their kidnap spree in Portharcourt, we atleast had an idea of what to expect.
They had a target market. They werent this inhumane in their torturing.
But these igbos! Sheesh! They are so hungry they flag down public buses and kidnap everyone in it! How sick can that get!

I do not have anything against the igbos.
Infact my great-grandmother was Igbo! grin
But these boys need to get their acts together.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2010
Deepsoul

Do you know that fulani cattle rearers are involved in serious armed robbery in southern Nigeria? If you know this, what in your opinion, can stop an armed robber from being a kidnapper? Note that the story I quoted described the head of the kidnappers as a tribal-marked person that looked like a northerner. The person who was kidnapped is an adult Igbo that should know a non-Igbo when he sees one.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
Ibime,

There was no kidnapping in Abia until it was imported from Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta.

Even as we speak, the kidnapping that goes on in Edo is as bad as that in Abia. The one in Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta waned a bit due to the amnesty program that took the boys off the creeks. Now that Abia has been added to the amnesty program, let us wait for its effect in Abia.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by honeric01(m): 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
Deep Soul:

I find it very hard to believe that a Hausa man will have enough freedom to do that sort of thing in an Igbo land.
Regardless of the fact that Aba is relatively a cosmopolitan city due to its penchant for trading, it is also a very "indigenised" town.
A Hausa man will find it almost impossible to "secure" a spot in an IGBO VILLAGE and be allowed to carry out these acts with the full support of the "host" villagers.

Anyone pointing to the fact that these animals may not be Igbo should think again!

The villagers around are all aware of what's going on and I can bet my last kobo that the community leaders are being "settled" by these bad boys.

When the Niger delta boys were on their kidnap spree in Portharcourt, we atleast had an idea of what to expect.
But these igbos! Sheesh! They are so hungry they flag down public buses and kidnap everyone in it! How sick can that get!

Infact my great-grandmother was Igbo!  grin

wink
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I do not doubt that there would be Ngwa involvement (more especially some youth). That one seems rather obvious to me. I just am not convinced that the Ngwa are actually the ones responsible for every thing.

I have though wondered about two things. . .
1. How easy (or difficult) is it for the average Aba resident to get access to weapons such as those that the militants carry around?
2. How easy (or difficult) is it for the average Ngwa living in ala Ngwa (both in Aba and those living in rural areas) to get access to weapons such as those that the militants carry around?

It is very easy. There is an ngwa village called Abala where they manufacture guns as a matter of culture. The federal govt even wanted to formalize the gun-making industry there. I believe that topic was also discussed here on nairaland.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by DeepSoul(f): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2010
Nchara,

Armed robbery is different. It involves little or no interaction/collaboration with "settlers".
Kidnapping on the other hand involves setting up camps in collaboration with the villagers.
How can a Hausa group pull this off?

If kidnapping was imported from Rivers and Bayelsa, where were ritual killings and 419 imported from?
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 12:11am On Jun 08, 2010
Deep soul read my first post. It says that the head of the group looked like a northerner. Of course, no northerner can do kidnapping in Igboland without the Igbo indigenes helping. That much is clear in my posts.

And when you talk about ritualism and 419, was there anything like 419 in Nigeria before? Everything was imported from somewhere. Ritualism in all likelihood came from Yorubaland (gbomogbomo which has been in existence for 100s of years) because it was not known in Igboland from adam.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 12:18am On Jun 08, 2010
If it takes the creation of an Aba state to delineate the bad guys of Abia, then state creation may not be bad afterall grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That way, EzeUche and Yarodin can, for sure, settle their blames and counter-blames.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:19am On Jun 08, 2010
Nchara:

It is very easy. There is an ngwa village called Abala where they manufacture guns as a matter of culture. The federal govt even wanted to formalize the gun-making industry there. I believe that topic was also discussed here on nairaland.
Ok. Thanks for the response. I think I am in agreement with that decision to formalize the gun-making culture of Abala.

As for the creation of Aba state, I welcome such.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by AndreUweh(m): 12:20am On Jun 08, 2010
Deep Soul:

Infact my great-grandmother was Igbo! grin

[/quote
This is nonsensical.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 12:21am On Jun 08, 2010
Deep Soul:

Nchara,

Armed robbery is different. It involves little or no interaction/collaboration with "settlers".
Kidnapping on the other hand involves setting up camps in collaboration with the villagers.
How can a Hausa group pull this off?

If kidnapping was imported from Rivers and Bayelsa, where were ritual killings and 419 imported from?

Just as an example of what goes on elsewhere.

Man, 30, nabbed with human parts in Lagos
By Evelyn Usman | VANGUARD
Monday, June 07, 2010

Emotions ran high Monday at the Oduduwa, Ikeja office of the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Frank Mba, following startling revelations of how the dismembered remains of a teenager was exhumed from Era cemetery in Ijaniki area of Lagos, 12 hours after it was interred.

The dismembered human parts included a fresh head, which still had long braids, indicating it was that of a female, two severed hands and legs and intestines.

The human parts were recovered from a 30-year-old man last week at Ijaniki area of Lagos by policemen attached to Ojo division.

The suspect, identified as Femi Ade, during interrogation by Policemen, confessed to have worked at the cemetery as a security man.

Surprisingly, the human parts were identified as that of a teenager simply identified as Seki. Ironically, the bereaved family were reportedly taken to the cemetery by the suspect, who unknown to them, had a sinister motive.

Explaining the circumstance that led to his arrest, Frank Mba said: “At about 11.30 a.m, police operatives attached to Ojo Division while on a routine stop and search on June 3, 2010, sighted a man on an unregistered Suzuki motorcycle, with a black nylon bag tied on the carrier.

“Acting on reasonable suspicion, the policemen flagged down the motorcycle to conduct a search where the items inside the nylon were discovered to be suspected human parts. During interrogation, the suspect confessed that they were exhumed from a cemetery in Ijaniki area.

“To ascertain his claim, he was taken to the cemetery where it was discovered that the grave of the deceased has been massively tampered with. He even demonstrated to the policemen how he usually open the grave and carry out this horrible operation.”

Before being whisked to the station, the suspect, it was gathered, offered the policemen N50,000 as bribe to facilitate his release but it was reportedly turned down.

On his part, Femi claimed the human parts were given to him by a staff at the cemetery to take to a herbal mixture seller he identified as Lanre, at Ojo market.

Although he claimed not to know the whereabout of the staff whom he simply identified as Baba he said he was to get N1500 from the errand.

Other items recovered at the Ogun State-born suspect’s home, according to the police, were dried human bones and teeth. These items, Femi explained, were usually exhumed to allow for space to bury fresh dead bodies. The items, he claimed, were used by herbalists to prepare concoctions for those looking for employment.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 12:23am On Jun 08, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Ok. Thanks for the response. I think I am in agreement with that decision to formalize the gun-making culture of Abala.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200912110157.html
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by DeepSoul(f): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2010
Nchara:

Deep soul read my first post. It says that the head of the group looked like a northerner. Of course, no northerner can do kidnapping in Igboland without the Igbo indigenes helping. That much is clear in my posts.
I agree with the boldened part. Now, the question is, would the average Igbo community help a northerner perpetuate evil in his own land??
If yes, what are the possible rational reasons?

Nchara:

And when you talk about ritualism and 419, was there anything like 419 in Nigeria before? Everything was imported from somewhere. Ritualism in all likelihood came from Yorubaland (gbomogbomo which has been in existence for 100s of years) because it was not known in Igboland from adam.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]So, before kidnapping got to Rivers, Bayelsa etc, it existed elsewhere, yes?? So we can say it's a cycle. . .maybe.
But my point is, the Igbos have a way of taking things to the extreme.
You claim ritualism might have come from Yoruba land. Maybe.
But the Igbos took it and brutally redefined it. Now they are doing the same with kidapping.[/font]
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by EzeUche(m): 12:37am On Jun 08, 2010
^^^^^

Do we kill in the extreme? undecided

Do we cut open pregnant women?

Sorry but Igbos do not do such things in the extreme.

Typical minority mindset. Blame the Igbo first.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:39am On Jun 08, 2010
Yes. I am in agreement. I don't mind such, so long as it is not strictly regulated by the federal gov't. That is, if the weapons-manufacturing culture can be formalized and set up in such a way that it works like a "weapons/defense contractor/company".
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by DeepSoul(f): 12:52am On Jun 08, 2010
Killing in itself is extreme. So why ask me if Igbos kill in extreme.
Cutting open pregnant women. . .where's that coming from?? Is that a regular occurence?
We are talking about kidnapping and the alarming frequency of its occurence
!!

EzeUche:

^^^^^
Typical minority mindset. Blame the Igbo first.

Minority or majority. I don't see the relvance of that to this topic.
Even when Ijaw boys were blowing up creeks and doing all sorts, I was strongly against it.
I voiced my displeasure as much as I am doing now, or even more.
And I am Ijaw. So pls take the "Everybody-hates-Igbos" arguments elsewhere
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Onlytruth(m): 1:01am On Jun 08, 2010
Deep Soul:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]So, before kidnapping got to Rivers, Bayelsa etc, it existed elsewhere, yes?? So we can say it's a cycle. . .maybe.
But my point is, the Igbos have a way of taking things to the extreme.
You claim ritualism might have come from Yoruba land. Maybe.
But the Igbos took it and brutally redefined it. Now they are doing the same with kidapping.[/font]

You can't even hide your bias! undecided
How did Igbos redefine rituals? As we speak now, can you in all honesty say that Igbos do the worst or most rituals in Nigeria today?

You are entitled to your opinions but try to at least be fair minded.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 1:06am On Jun 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

You can't even hide your bias! undecided
How did Igbos redefine rituals? As we speak now, can you in all honesty say that Igbos do the worst or most rituals in Nigeria today?

You are entitled to your opinions but try to at least be fair minded.

Please disregard deepsoul and her warped anlysis. The point is that due to their forlon locations and minority status, many of Nigeria's ethnic groups are not covered enough by the press. That is why more than 90% of the daily news you get in Nigeria is all about Igbo/hausa/Yoruba. I can wager that more devilish things take place in these minority group areas, but low press coverage helps to cover their arses. Ijaw only came to limelight due to Jonathan and the kidnapping for ransome which they introduced. It is only in the core Niger Delta that parents kill their chiildren as suspected witches.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by mamagee3(f): 1:07am On Jun 08, 2010
Of Course, they are not all from Aba.

Some are strangers from other states, it doesn't necessarily mean they are from Abia State.
Re: Aba Kidnappers- Are They All Indigenes? by Nchara: 1:11am On Jun 08, 2010
We know that some of the robbers in Lagos are not Yoruba
We know that a cultist and a human ritualists of Yoruba origin have been arrested in port harcourt
We know that some Igbo kidnappers were arrested in northern Nigeria
We know that northern robbers operate in the south and vice versa

It is up to the police to prevent crimes, but they seem incapable of doing so or are actually part and parcel of the criminal  gangs. Most policemen that operate in Igboland are Yoruba and hausa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Prince Abubakar Audu? / Have The North Really Contributed To The Image Of Nigeria Abroad? / Three Gay Teenagers Caught In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.