Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

SHOCKING: Only 350 People Owe N4.3 Trillion Of Banking Debt In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SHOCKING: Only 350 People Owe N4.3 Trillion Of Banking Debt In Nigeria (443 Views)

The Risks Of Banking With Sterling Bank / How N4.3 Billion Utako District Hospital "Rots Away" More Than 17 Years After / FirstBank Fintech Summit 2.0 "The Future Of Banking-the Role Of A.I & Big Data". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Only 350 People Owe N4.3 Trillion Of Banking Debt In Nigeria by gididreams: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2018
By Pius Adesanmi

It is a pity that the bloodshed in the land is masking other issues that should get you thinking seriously about Nigeria. Many of you may have missed all the back and forth about AMCON's debt portfolio and what it means for you.

In Lamidi, the "forganaisa's" language, here is what AMCON is saying:

1. Only 350 Nigerians are responsible for 80% of AMCON's N5.4 trillion debt portfolio. Do you understand? 350 Nigerians owe N4.3 trillion.

2. There is more. In a country of 180 - 200 million people, only 100 BVNs own 60% of bank lendings. Let that also sink in. 60% of bank loans in Nigeria goes to 100 people.

When I mentioned Ben Murray-Bruce's AMCON debt recently, one oppressed idiot in the habit of defending his oppressors attacked me and asked when it has become a crime to take a loan to finance one's business?

I ignored him because he is stupid. In Nigeria, high- stakes bank loans are part of the architecture of corruption and crime. You do understand that bankers collude with less than 500 Nigerians for these loans that are going to be delinquent right?

When you enter into the category of those who borrow in billions in Nigeria, the understanding is that you are not going to pay. It will become a bad debt. You and the bankers will cash in and you don't have to worry about the politicians: you bankrolled their election. The Nigerian financial sector is thus a comprehensive crime scene.

You do understand that Lamidi, my forga, will never get a loan but his small deposit of N500 per month is part of what these 500 Nigerians are stealing disguised as loans, right?

You do understand that Forga's only hope is that these 500 people and their friends in government will periodically grow a conscience and "empower" him with a new Yamaha pumping machine and N10,000 in cash under some small scale enterprises empowerment scheme launched with fanfare by the wife of the state Governor, right?

You do understand that within the ranks of the 350 Nigerians owing 80% of AMCON's debt portfolio and the 100 BVNs controlling 60% of bank lending in Nigeria, there is no PDP, no APC, no Hausa, no Fulani, no Igbo, No Yoruba, no Ijaw, no Christian, no Muslim, right?

You do understand why you should close ranks at the bottom of the ladder and stop fighting and tearing at each other on account of these chaps, right.

You do understand why I listen to Bob Marley's "Real Situation" a lot these days, right?

Total destruction
Is the only solution...

A new Nigeria must grow on the ashes of this ugly, unjust, and malevolent contraption owned by 500 people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Sowore2019 #TakeItBack #GetYourPVC

#EndOfGodfathers #YouthRevolution #Activist #Politician #EndSARS #NoMoreExpensiveSenate #TagSomeone #Election2019 #TagABlog #EndOfOldThieves #OurMumuDonDo #OurtTmeIsNow #SaiBobo #ManOfThePeople #Naija 

Follow @sowore2019 on twitter and instagram for daily updates #MostTested #MostTrusted

Visit https://sowore2019.org for more info on Omoyele Sowore, Presidential Aspirant in 2019.

Re: SHOCKING: Only 350 People Owe N4.3 Trillion Of Banking Debt In Nigeria by CoolFreeday(m): 6:49am On Jun 29, 2018
That's the country we live in.

May God help us
Re: SHOCKING: Only 350 People Owe N4.3 Trillion Of Banking Debt In Nigeria by Nbote(m): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2018
Dey are d same ppl who run every govt... Dey are d cabal

(1) (Reply)

Transgender / The Magnificent Comedy Show 3 / Justice For John Otuechere, Taxify Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.