Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? (4514 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2018
I believe naija has the best universities in the continent ,just that other countries bribe these agencies to lie as to embarrass Nigeria. Who really believes SA ,Ghana, Kenya, ordinary Uganda have better schools than us ? undecided. Can their graduates stand us ? . We can scam even the Americans left alone these stupid countries . Imagine the so called best university being cape town when we have sonyika and they have nothing . We have the best economy in the continent ,what do they have ? . Nonsense.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by orisa37: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2018
We lack the Initiative to improve on all they taught us.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 7:58am On Jun 29, 2018
orisa37:
The OP is a delusional being at best. He forgot these same foreigners recognized Soyinka as what we celebrate him to be. He is acting as if the Nigerian unis are even trying to improve when we know better. Stockholm syndrome is at work.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 7:58am On Jun 29, 2018
orisa37:

We lack nothing. Naija schools remain the best , the economy and giant status says it all. Don't be fooled.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 7:59am On Jun 29, 2018
HigherEd, theVictorious, and mods them don come again oh! !! !!!
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The OP is a delusional being at best. He forgot these same foreigners recognized Soyinka as what we celebrate him to be. He is acting as if the Nigerian unis are even trying to improve when we know better. Stockholm syndrome is at work.

What are you on about ? Is sonyika not the best ? . Why the he'll would his school be shaded by common cape town that produced nothing.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:06am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

What are you on about ? Is sonyika not the best ? . Why the he'll would his school be shaded by common cape town that produced nothing.
Are the ratings you are attacking based solely on the number of noble laurette produced? What about people who didn't attend a uni but contributed immensely to humanity as a whole?
Don't they use other criteria in rating unis? Keep supporting a evil system by equating one man who corners peoples intellect via spiritism to his uni. Even Adolf Hitler had loyalist in his prime so I understand your case.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:10am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Are the ratings you are attacking based solely on the number of noble laurette produced?
Don't they use other criteria? Keep supporting a evil system. Even Adolf Hitler had loyalist in his prime so I understand your case.

Shut up you know nothing. What have these so called good schools produced? Can their infrastructure stand ours ? Their syllabuses ? Their graduates ? Their professors ? How many of their graduates go abroad to do post grad like us ?
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:16am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

We lack nothing. Naija schools remain the best , the economy and giant status says it all. Don't be fooled.

So being a giant with many plague is now a measure of wellness?

Let me pose a subtle question to you.
Mr A has a wife and two kids and is earning #80,000 to average #20,000/person for upkeep in the family.

Mr B on the other hand has a wife and eigth kids but is earning #100,000 to average #10,000/person for upkeep in the family.
Which of these two families has better life and standard of living to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:19am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:

So being a giant with many plague is now a measure of wellness?

Let me pose a subtle question to you.
Mr A has a wife and two kids and is earning #80,000 to average #20,000/person for upkeep in the family.

Mr B on the other hand has a wife and eigth kids but is earning #100,000 to average #10,000/person for upkeep in the family.
Which of these two families has better life and standard of living to you?

You are saying SA is better than naija ? grin what are you smoking? . We might be going through a lot now, but no African country can match us in anything . Stop your self hate .
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:25am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

Shut up you know nothing. What have these so called good schools produced? Can their infrastructure stand ours ? Their syllabuses ? Their graduates ? Their professors ? How many of their graduates go abroad to do post grad like us ?
Do u even know the purpose of a uni?
If you claim Nigeria is better, why is a society saturated with our graduates the worse? You think questionable learning void of character is a virtue to parade. Keep at it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Do u even know the purpose of a uni?
If you claim Nigeria is so better, why is a society saturated with our graduates the worse? You think questionable learning void of character is a virtue to parade. Keep at it.

You are too stupid to understand that we are still way better than these yeye countries . Look at our GDP and our standard of living and infrastructure. Can they compare? Can SA graduates create a place like lekki? NO! . You have low self esteem.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You are saying SA is better than naija ? grin what are you smoking? . We might be going through a lot now, but no African country can match us in anything . Stop your self hate .
Nigeria is among the 10 worse nations. Stop equating quantity for quality. In national ratings quantity negates quality.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:33am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You are too stupid to understand that we are still way better than these yeye countries . Look at our GDP and our standard of living and infrastructure. Can they compare? Can SA graduates create a place like lekki? NO! . You have low self esteem.
Nigeria is among top 5 nation with worse standard of living.
Standard of living isn't about National budget size but what trickles down to each individual at the end of the day. Kenya, Ghana, and even Ethiopia are well ahead of us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

SA has better places than London. Which one has Nigeria got?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Nigeria is among the 10 worse nations. Stop equating quantity for quality. In national ratings quantity negates quality.

You are dumb. Can this nation with the so called best universities show us where they beat us ? cheesy. We are more populous , we have more entertainment awards, we have a bigger GDP, we have richer people, better standard of living, more cities than them, we have more people in America. So what is this "good" education doing for them ? grin.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:
I believe naija has the best universities in the continent ,just that other countries bribe these agencies to lie as to embarrass Nigeria. Who really believes SA ,Ghana, Kenya, ordinary Uganda have better schools than us ? undecided. Can their graduates stand us ? . We can scam even the Americans left alone these stupid countries . Imagine the so called best university being cape town when we have sonyika and they have nothing . We have the best economy in the continent ,what do they have ? . Nonsense.

I know how you feel. I work as a Higher Ed professional with a university that I won't mention and current job role. I am a member of Association of University Administrators (AUA) of UK.

No bragging please.

The truth is that our university system is dysfunctional in terms of research and implementation of research works due to misgovernance and corruption on all fronts.

The entire world has moved to transformative education that is, student centred but we are stucked with lecturer centred.

How many mechanical engineering students can go practical...how many economics students are talking economic policy on-line. Students are reflection of their teachers. It is not about First Class. It is about being able to internalise and practicalize what have been learned. Our graduates are accustomed to read, cram and download to pass. No room for inductive thinking that lead to making sense of learning.

What am I even saying?

Everything balls down to leadership problem on all fronts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
SA has better places than London. Which one has Nigeria got?

You lie . Better place than London? grin. Nigeria is way better than a country where 95% live in slums, with no amenities yet claim better schools grin. Our airports , schools stadiums are not up to what London have but they rule Africa. And you are here comparing to yeye SA ? You are a slow self esteem person.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by CodeTemplar: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You lie . Better place than London? grin. Nigeria is way better than a country where 95% live in slums, with no amenities yet claim better schools grin. Our airports , schools stadiums are not up to what London have but they rule Africa. And you are here comparing to yeye SA ? You are a slow self esteem person.
What are you smoking? I want to test it on elephants.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 8:43am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Nigeria is among top 5 nation with worse standard of living.
Standard of living isn't about National budget size but what trickles down to each individual at the end of the day. Kenya, Ghana, and even Ethiopia a well ahead of us.

You are stupid to even compare all these second grade nations with Nigeria. You are brainshwashed by western hatred of the giant. Stay in your delusion .
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:08am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What are you smoking? I want to test it on elephants.

The question should be directed to you . How dare you compare any African nation to us. If not bad leadership , would SA, Kenya and Ghana even talk to us ,?.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:10am On Jun 29, 2018
koropon:

I know how you feel. I work as a Higher Ed professional with a university that I won't mention and current job role. I am a member of Association of University Administrators (AUA) of UK.

No bragging please.

The truth is that our university system is dysfunctional in terms of research and implementation of research works due to misgovernance and corruption on all fronts.

The entire world has moved to transformative education that is, student centred but we are stucked with lecturer centred.

How many mechanical engineering students can go practical...how many economics students are talking economic policy on-line. Students are reflection of their teachers. It is not about First Class. It is about being able to internalise and practicalize what have been learned. Our graduates are accustomed to read, cram and download to pass. No room for inductive thinking that lead to making sense of learning.

What am I even saying?

Everything balls down to leadership problem on all fronts

The point is not to compare ourselves to UK, they are ahead of us. But yeye SA ? Now that's stupid.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

We are worst off. How come many Nigerians travel out to study for their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees?. We have more Nigerians visiting foreign schools than foreigners visit ours, was it so from the beginning?. Even university of Ghana is better that our so called prestigious universities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

GDP is never a good measurement of GDP. A country's GDP may be robust but it doesn't translate to economic development. Our standard of living is poor stop sugar coating it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by DrayZee: 9:18am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

Madam, what infrastructure are you talking about here? All Nigeria has are poorly funded universities.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

We are worst off. How come many Nigerians travel out to study for their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees?. We have more Nigerians visiting foreign schools than foreigners visit ours, was it so from the beginning?. Even university of Ghana is better that our so called prestigious universities in Nigeria

We don't need foreiners to dominate education in Africa, we can do that on our own and we are doing it. They need us more .
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2018
DrayZee:

Madam, what infrastructure are you talking about here? All Nigeria has are poorly funded universities.

Stop insulting your nation for foreigners you fool. I asked , can any of these yeye African schools compare our university infrustuter to theirs ? I know you are comparing us to London and America but we are talking Africa here. Stop self hate and be proud of your home.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

GDP is never a good measurement of GDP. A country's GDP may be robust but it doesn't translate to economic development. Our standard of living is poor stop sugar coating it.

Our GDP tells a good story about us hence SA is jealous. Do you even know 95 % of that country is slum ? Yet they claim better education . If not for naijas and our teachers , that country would collapse.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

Our GDP tells a good story about us hence SA is jealous. Do you even know 95 % of that country is slum ? Yet they claim better education . If not for naijas and our teachers , that country would collapse.
Yes SA might be a slum country as alleged but their standard of living, health facility and education are better off than ours. Now tell me if our health facility can match their or that we have good health insurance policy. Over there if am not mistaken, public hospitals strive more than private. It is rare to see private hospitals working in full capacity like public. Is it their universities? Research are carried more than ours that is why they are ranked ahead of us. Over there many of their lectures impact knowledge on their students but ours don't. All we know is to crammar and pour back

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Yes SA might be a slum country as alleged but their standard of living, health facility and education are better off than ours. Now tell me if our health facility can match their or that we have good health insurance policy. Over there if am not mistaken, public hospitals strive more than private. It is rare to see private hospitals working in full capacity like public. Is it their universities? Research are carried more than ours that is why they are ranked ahead of us. Over there many of their lectures impact knowledge on their students but ours don't. All we know is to crammar and pour back

So why compare a slum country standard of living with the giant of Africa? Are you ok?. What health care the one for whites they destroyed? Ours is now better.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by orisa37: 9:47am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

That's to say no reason to complain.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2018
orisa37:

That's to say no reason to complain.

We can do better , but can't be compared to other stupid African schools.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Shape Has Nairaland In Mind, Check Your Thinking Ability (mr Shape) / Crisis In Lautech, Ogbomosho. Now On Strike! / As A U.I Student,how Can I Check My 100l Results On The Net?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.