Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? (4515 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Just30: 9:52am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You are stupid to even compare all these second grade nations with Nigeria. You are brainshwashed by western hatred of the giant. Stay in your delusion .
People like you is the reason why Nigeria is not moving forward.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by orisa37: 9:53am On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The OP is a delusional being at best. He forgot these same foreigners recognized Soyinka as what we celebrate him to be. He is acting as if the Nigerian unis are even trying to improve when we know better. Stockholm syndrome is at work.

The Blind who says he is just sleeping is deceiving himself.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Just30:
People like you is the reason why Nigeria is not moving forward.

Shut up you fool, did I say anything wrong about those poor nations with no development to match us ?
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

So why compare a slum country standard of living with the giant of Africa? Are you ok?. What health care the one for whites they destroyed? Ours is now better.
As alleged by you you said SA is a slum yet many Nigerians are moving to that slum to make cool cash and live well. The place you call slum had good HDI. One of measurement of an economy is Human Development Index.
Human Development Index (HDI) is a standard way of measuring the well-being of the people of a country. It is a comparative measure of literacy, life expectancy and standard of living. HDI is used to measure the impact of the economic policies on the quality of life of its people.
At the moment SA ranked number 9 among the most developed countries in Africa.(http://www.africaranking.com/most-developed-african-countries/)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

So why compare a slum country standard of living with the giant of Africa? Are you ok?. What health care the one for whites they destroyed? Ours is now better.
As alleged by you you said SA is a slum yet many Nigerians are moving to that slum to make cool cash and live well. The place you call slum had good HDI index of 0.666 . One of measurement of an economy is Human Development Index.
Human Development Index (HDI) is a standard way of measuring the well-being of the people of a country. It is a comparative measure of literacy, life expectancy and standard of living. HDI is used to measure the impact of the economic policies on the quality of life of its people.
At the moment SA ranked number 9 among the most developed countries in Africa.(http://www.africaranking.com/most-developed-african-countries/)

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by orisa37: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

We can do better , but can't be compared to other stupid African schools.

Who is comparing?
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 10:07am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

As alleged by you you said SA is a slum yet many Nigerians are moving to that slum to make cool cash and live well. The place you call slum had good HDI. One of measurement of an economy is Human Development Index.

You are stupid to believe all these yeye ratings . Ever seen where Mandela lived? Is that what you mean by better grin. Stupid
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2018
orisa37:

Who is comparing?

There is no completion, naija better pass.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You are stupid to believe all these yeye ratings . Ever seen where Mandela lived? Is that what you mean by better grin. Stupid
You are so stupid to believe that ours are better off. I just gave you a tip of the academic research on what you raised. Many academicians can attest to the fact that we are not doing well at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You are so stupid to believe that ours are better off. I just gave you a tip of the academic research on what you raised. Many academicians can attest to the fact that we are not doing well at all.

You are stupid one. How dare you compare tiny unknown countries to our giant status .
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You are stupid one. How dare you compare tiny unknown countries to our giant status .
Giant indeed! We should be ashamed for claiming to be giant were smaller countries can boost of uninterrupted power supply, good educational facilities. Common boko haram they couldn't stop it yet they go out to fight for other African countries. Giant of African indeed yet she is one of the most poorest countries in the world. A country ranked as the most corrupt nation. Am sure Nigeria is the giant of corruption and Advance fee fraud also known as 419. An average Nigerian has this mentality of being corrupt. Inspite of the various religious centers around, corruption had increased from where it is now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Giant indeed! We should be ashamed for claiming to be giant were smaller countries can boost of uninterrupted power supply, good educational facilities. Common boko haram they couldn't stop it yet they go out to fight for other African countries. Giant of African indeed yet she is one of the most poorest countries in the world. A country ranked as the most corrupt nation. Am sure Nigeria is the giant of corruption and Advance fee fraud also known as 419. An average Nigerian has this mentality of being corrupt. Inspite of the various religious centers around, corruption had increased from where it is now.

Shut up, how dare you try and reduce our country to a criminal place. Do you know the crime of SA ? And the poverty there ? . Visit these places and you will be happy to be born in.naija.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by daveP(m): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

What are you on about ? Is sonyika not the best ? . Why the he'll would his school be shaded by common cape town that produced nothing.
the weed you smoke is the one maradona couldn't handle, I can see. delusional fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell(f): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2018
daveP:
the weed you smoke is the one maradona couldn't handle, I can see. delusional fellow.

None of you can prove me wrong. You are the low self esteem ones. Who hate naija and believe all these ratings by stupid and jealous South African.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by JARUSHUB: 11:20am On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

Shut up, how dare you try and reduce our country to a criminal place. Do you know the crime of SA ? And the poverty there ? . Visit these places and you will be happy to be born in.naija.
And you think I haven't visited there. That place is heaven on earth while Nigeria is the biblical hell fire. At least I wake up everyday to see electricity and have my tap running 24/7. I don't need to dig ground to sink my borehole. Nigeria is a slum take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2018
asuustrike2009:

And you think I haven't visited there. That place is heaven on earth while Nigeria is the biblical hell fire. At least I wake up everyday to see electricity and have my tap running 24/7. I don't need to dig ground to sink my borehole. Nigeria is a slum take it or leave it.

Stop lying you have never been there or else you would be a corpse by now. You are stupid , standing up for a country that is jealous of you.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by DrayZee: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

Stop insulting your nation for foreigners you fool. I asked , can any of these yeye African schools compare our university infrustuter to theirs ? I know you are comparing us to London and America but we are talking Africa here. Stop self hate and be proud of your home.
Stating facts is now insulting the nation. Don't mention me again if you can't pass your point across without insults. Troll.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 11:59am On Jun 29, 2018
DrayZee:

Stating facts is now insulting the nation. Don't mention me again if you can't pass your point across without insults.

Is SA better than naija? In what? No had clarrifired cus I know we beat them in everything.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nukilia: 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The OP is a delusional being at best. He forgot these same foreigners recognized Soyinka as what we celebrate him to be. He is acting as if the Nigerian unis are even trying to improve when we know better. Stockholm syndrome is at work.

grin grin grin The Op is just another example of a dysfunctional system

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nukilia:

grin grin grin The Op is just another example of a dysfunctional system

You have a low self esteem if you think this way .
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by dayowunmi(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

You are too stupid to understand that we are still way better than these yeye countries . Look at our GDP and our standard of living and infrastructure. Can they compare? Can SA graduates create a place like lekki? NO! . You have low self esteem.
Lol, you are funny. What standard of living are you talking about? When close to half of the population leave below the poverty line? Can South Africa create a place like lekki? SA is finer than Nigeria! What is in lekki, i guess u referring to the land reclamation. That is not a unique idea, it has been practiced for decades
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 1:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
dayowunmi:

Lol, you are funny. What standard of living are you talking about? When close to half of the population leave below the poverty line? Can South Africa create a place like lekki? SA is finer than Nigeria! What is in lekki, i guess u referring to the land reclamation. That is not a unique idea, it has been practiced for decades

You are too stupid and unpatriotic. How dare you compare s tiny country with us ? . Have you ever been to Soweto? You know nothing, naija better pass their cities even with their lies of better schools, it can never be well with them.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

The point is not to compare ourselves to UK, they are ahead of us. But yeye SA ? Now that's stupid.

I quite agree with you but would still maintain that our university system is not there. There are a number of parameters to use:

1. Quality of research works

2. Numbers of research works per school

3. Aggregate of years of research works

4. Glocalisation(not global) e.g global + local. If the research is of global standard and can solve local problems

5. Number of international students ( last year less than 200 international students were attracted by admission into Nigerian university system. Do you know how many international students on the enrolment of Cape Town from Nigeria alone. There are more than 1,000 Nigerians within Ghana University system alone

6. Curriculum implementation/ Forward - looking Academic Plan

7. Physical Development Plan ( look at our hostel facilities, lecture facilities, transport system, staff quatres. University system is a community. How many staff would like to live on campus today?)

I can go on and on on this.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
koropon:

I quite agree with you but would still maintain that our university system is not there. There are a number of parameters to use:

1. Quality of research works

2. Numbers of research works per school

3. Aggregate of years of research works

4. Glocalisation(not global) e.g global + local. If the research is of global standard and can solve local problems

5. Number of international students ( last year less than 200 international students were attracted by admission into Nigerian university system. Do you know how many international students on the enrolment of Cape Town from Nigeria alone. There are more than 1,000 Nigerians within Ghana University system alone

6. Curriculum implementation/ Forward - looking Academic Plan

7. Physical Development Plan ( look at our hostel facilities, lecture facilities, transport system, staff quatres. University system is a community. How many staff would like to live on campus today?)

I can go on and on on this.

That still doesn't make them better than ours . Naija still rules , we don't need foreigners they do cus they stupid.
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Just30: 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell:

Shut up you fool, did I say anything wrong about those poor nations with no development to match us ?
so why does all the records prove that you're way m.ore poorer than them .
Ignoramus
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Just30: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell2:

That still doesn't make them better than ours . Naija still rules , we don't need foreigners they do cus they stupid.
wow
You're exceptionally dumb
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Just30:
wow
You're exceptionally dumb

You must be a South African lizard to say this. Remember without us your economy and the little infrastructure you have would be no more like the charcoal Ghananians
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 3:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
Just30:
so why does all the records prove that you're way m.ore poorer than them .
Ignoramus

What records ? Records made by jealous and lazy South Africans? Don't make me puke
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Just30: 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell2:

What records ? Records made by jealous and lazy South Africans? Don't make me puke
among all the countries you're trying to compare yourself with.
Your country have the most backward infrastructure
Education
Health
Electricity generation
Poverty reduction
And everything single development index
You're behind .
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Just30: 3:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
Timewilltell2:

You must be a South African lizard to say this. Remember without us your economy and the little infrastructure you have would be no more like the charcoal Ghananians

I'm actually Ghanaian
And you really should stop being dumb
Running your mouth like that elsewhere we will deport 2million Nigerians who have overstayed their 90 days ecowas mandatory stay
Re: Why Are We Allowing Foreigners To Tell Us Our Universities Are Bad? by Timewilltell2(f): 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2018
Just30:
among all the countries you're trying to compare yourself with.
Your country have the most backward infrastructure
Education
Health
Electricity generation
Poverty reduction
And everything single development index
You're behind .

Haha haha keep on deceiving yourself you ugly SA . You can compare yourselves with Kenyans and ghananians not us and Egypt, moroco and others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Futo Pre-degree Result List Is Out. Admission List Out Soon / UNIUYO 2016/2017 Admission Thread For Guard And Info. / Top 10 Human Body Parts Displayed In Museums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.