Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty (6001 Views)

5 Best Mobile Phones To Present To Your Girlfriend / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! / How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if Tecno is aware of the outrageous billing for repairs by the guys at carlcare? The guys are just heartless and some of their engineers are incompetent.

I once shared a story of a friend who took a phone with a bad charging point to them and they asked him to bring 25k for a new panel. I was shocked to hear that because the phone has a separate charging dock that is linked to the panel with a flex. So why change the panel? I fixed the problem with just a soldering iron and a little led.

Recently, my friend's Tecno L9 plus fell down and the touchpad broke. The screen too was affected so she took it to carlcare for replacement and the Agent there billed her 25k. They later settled at 21k after much bargaining and she was told to drop the phone and come back in five days. Five days for something that can be fixed in 20 minutes.

She called me on her way home and I told her to go get the phone and send it to me so that I will get someone to fix it and return it to her the next day because the total cost for waybill to and fro, new complete screen and repair won't pass 15k but she talked about not wanting to void the warranty and all that so I let it slide.

She collected the phone five days later and discovered that the phone has been wiped. Who formats a phone to change the screen? Only folks at carlcare.

The sad side is that Tecno fans will tell you to patronize Tecno because they have repair centers here but those are not repair centers at all. The screen they replaced is fragile as a virgin's heart.

Carlcare is no reason to buy Tecno phones and I will prove it.

I have a Chinese phone that I have been using for about two years, Umi Super Euro Edition to be pricise. The digitizer broke sometime ago and I got the complete display[both screen and touchpad] from Aliexpress @$25. That is around N9400 @ N375/$. The screen arrived in 13days with free tools for dismantling the phone. I fixed it within 30 minutes.

You see? And Umi Super Euro Edition is superior to Tecno L9+ in all ramifications. In fact, Umi super was a premium device at its time and the price at lunch was almost twice the price of Tecno L9+ at lunch but the price of Tecno L9+ complete screen at carlcare is more than twice the price of Umi's complete screen so you can see that carlcare is rip off.

Tecno phones are good, I have no problem with them. My problem is carlcare and their dubious charges. Do not give them your faulty phone if the problem is not covered by warranty, they will defraud you. Take it to a good third party repairer
Oh! I forgot one thing, the price of the complete screen for Tecno L9+ in the market is below N10k.

cc Carlcaresophia
Ndissle
Chicowoman
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by adebayoggt(m): 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
You'll not see them responding. I have techno J8 BOOM .I took it to carlcare only to be told that the parts are no longer in stock. That I should be checking around. I am back to the phone I've abandoned for years and still working fine. TECNO is now a no no for me
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
adebayoggt:
You'll not see them responding. I have techno J8 BOOM .I took it to carlcare only to be told that the parts are no longer in stock. That I should be checking around. I am back to the phone I've abandoned for years and still working fine. TECNO is now a no no for me

Don't blame tecno blame Carlcare
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by oxygenlove(m): 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
I get the part where you gat to change ur screen only to discover ur phone have been wiped (a friend l9+). And To Tecno Doing Crap Phones Upandan. Two K7, A 1gb Nd 2gb Ram Hang Like S'hi-t with little apps installed. >>laments 4rm friends too<<. one navigation button aint working anymore too, he just use the T~Point Stuf To Use d Fone . WTF is wrong with doz mtk slave d;ck.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Aayourmi9(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
Just last week I took my infinix s2 to carlcare office at opebi....went there to fix my phone speaker,they collected my phone n noticed the screen is broken (a very small something)the told me to bring 13k...that if they must fix my speaker they have to change the screen too...can uu imagine?Can anyone recommend a very good phone engineer around Ikeja pls
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by saxby(f): 12:34am On Jul 01, 2018
why are you guys complaining like this? you bring an issue and they discover not just one problem they have to fix it all now, i think carl care are really doing a good job o, how many of these brand have centers where you can run to when ever your devices have issues.?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by datyorubaboy: 2:06am On Jul 01, 2018
You can take it there but be able to pay for the fixing
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by omoalajah(m): 2:27am On Jul 01, 2018
LOL, u to change the screen nau . grin
Aayourmi9:
Just last week I took my infinix s2 to carlcare office at opebi....went there to fix my phone speaker,they collected my phone n noticed the screen is broken (a very small something)the told me to bring 13k...that if they must fix my speaker they have to change the screen too...can uu imagine?Can anyone recommend a very good phone engineer around Ikeja pls
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2018
oxygenlove:
I get the part where you gat to change ur screen only to discover ur phone have been wiped (a friend l9+). And To Tecno Doing Crap Phones Upandan. Two K7, A 1gb Nd 2gb Ram Hang Like S'hi-t with little apps installed. >>laments 4rm friends too<<. one navigation button aint working anymore too, he just use the T~Point Stuf To Use d Fone . WTF is wrong with doz mtk slave d;ck.
The annoying part is that whoever speaks out is labelled a Tecno hater.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2018
Aayourmi9:
Just enter there and go to those that have office. Don't give your phone to those on the road side, most of them are quack.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2018
saxby:
why are you guys complaining like this? you bring an issue and they discover not just one problem they have to fix it all now, i think carl care are really doing a good job o, how many of these brand have centers where you can run to when ever your devices have issues.?
Are you sure you read everything? Lemme break it down a bit, Umi doesn't have any office or repair center in Africa but I used just N9400 to change the screen of their phone that is twice better than Tecno L9+.
Tecno have offices in Nigeria but a friend paid 21k for the screen of Tecno L9+. And the price of Tecno L9+ screen is just N6500 in the market.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Rubiesangel: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2018
Tallesty1:
The annoying part is that whoever speaks out is labelled a Tecno hater.
Tecno is a solid brand, doing for Nigerians what others can't do.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2018
Rubiesangel:
Tecno is a solid brand, doing for Nigerians what others can't do.
The issue here is the outrageous billing for repairs by the guys at carlcare not Tecno and what they do for Nigerians
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Darkseid(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2018
My Friend bought the Tecno Phonepad 2, after few months of use, half of the screen stopped working. He took the phone to Carlcare since it was still under warranty but they kept telling him to check back later because the parts weren't available. This continued till the phone went of warranty and they asked him to pay 23k to fix just the digitizer. It was finally fixed by a road side technician for just 3k.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Rubiesangel: 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Tallesty1:
The issue here is the outrageous billing for repairs by the guys at carlcare not Tecno and what they do for Nigerians
What do you have to say about the outrageous cost of replacing a samsung screens? have you replaced a samsung screen before? is the cost anything close to that of tecno? in my opinion, its more affordable maintaining a tecno phone than other brands, and i think theyve been cool.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
Rubiesangel:
What do you have to say about the outrageous cost of replacing a samsung screens?
Samsung screens are expensive but it is not more expensive at Samsung repair centers.
Rubiesangel:
Have you replaced a samsung screen before? is the cost anything close to that of tecno?
Samsung phones and Tecno phones are not in the same class to begin with and I think you're just beating around the bush on purpose.
Rubiesangel:
in my opinion, its more affordable maintaining a tecno phone than other brands
False. Umi super price 95k. Tecno L9+ price 60k. Price of Umi super screen replacement, N9400. Price of Tecno L9+ screen replacement at carlcare 25k. Do the maths
Rubiesangel:
and i think theyve been cool.
For the last time. This isn't about Tecno being cool or not, it is about Carlcare and their billing.
Tecno L9+ screen replacement at carlcare 25k.
The price from third party repairers N6.5k

Does it make any sense?

Somebody up there was billed 23k at carlcare for a touch pad but he fixed it somewhere with just 3k.
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
Darkseid:
My Friend bought the Tecno Phonepad 2, after few months of use, half of the screen stopped working. He took the phone to Carlcare since it was still under warranty but they kept telling him to check back later because the parts weren't available. This continued till the phone went of warranty and they asked him to pay 23k to fix just the digitizer. It was finally fixed by a road side technician for just 3k.
So the extra 20k na for wetin?
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by missslimzy(f): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
This post got me laughing . if you take a phone's fault that isnt covered by warranty, you should be ready to pay to have it fixed by qualified engineers not just road side engineers
Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Tallesty1(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
missslimzy:
This post got me laughing . if you take a phone's fault that isnt covered by warranty, you should be ready to pay to have it fixed by qualified engineers not just road side engineers
The price of Tecno L9+ complete screen is 6.5k. The highest amount qualified engineers will charge to have it changed is 12k but Carlcare[Tecno's repair center which is supposed to be more affordable] charges 25k for the same screen. Where's the sense in it?

1 Like

Re: Do Not Take Tecno Phones To Carlcare If The Fault Is Not Covered By Warranty by Behankey(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
I think the reason why it seems Carlcare charge a lot is because they detect more faults after diagnosis. It is ideal for the customer to tell them what he/she wants.

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix Note 5 After Falling Down / I Need To Track An Airtel Line Urgently / How Many Days Does Your Phone Battery Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.