Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

How To Fix An Oversalted Meal - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Fix An Oversalted Meal (38110 Views)

Meal On A Budget For Now Till Salary Enters. Turned Out Just D Way I Like It. / Bayelsa Man Prepares Meal With Alligator Meat (Photos) / Hot Lady's Weird Meal Combo Sparks Outrage Online (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Sikay19(m): 6:18am On Jun 30, 2018
KingLennon:
Did u realise how our mothers cook? They don't need to measure the salt, they just scoop it on their palms and apply it. And if u taste it, it will be okay. Our Indomie generation wives don't know that secret grin
This is nothing but the truth cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by deedondavi(m): 6:40am On Jun 30, 2018
Lolzzzz...
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by alenwup(m): 6:41am On Jun 30, 2018
As if potato is easily found. OK, I carry milk and pour it in over salted egusi soup right?

1 Like

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by bobnatlo(m): 6:45am On Jun 30, 2018
What kind of potatoes, Irish or sweet?
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2018
You haven't cook oversalted beans before? Try it today and see that, there is nothing you add that can change it. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by BenzEne1(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2018
ceejay80s:
this thread is for women na!!!

Really? Is cooking gender specific?
Abeg let us single boys learn in peace ohh.

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Tonimordred(m): 7:00am On Jun 30, 2018
Major are just hapi 4 d thread cos its all abt dem....indomie generations
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by brainhgeek(m): 7:04am On Jun 30, 2018
Add sugar. It works like magic.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by QuietHammer(m): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2018
weyreypey:

Is that your sister?
Don't tell me you don't know she's your sister
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by dabiton: 7:18am On Jun 30, 2018
Yam works to de-salt food as well. You can use it the way that potato was recommended.
Cooking is a beautiful art but sometimes we make mistakes.

To avoid excess salt, put as little as possible, after all salt is not very healthy to the body.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by demmymol: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2018
wink2015:
Nice write up!

But the best solutions is to avoid getting a meal oversalted.

Does this solutions for oversalted meal apply to over pepperish meal?

There are some of us that prepare YORUBA stew or soup which is known for TOO MUCH PEPPER

How do one deppepperize it? Ignore my english

Palmoil can help tame the hotness of the pepper. That why Yoruba's use more vegetable oil for our stew
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by druxy(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2018
Orokita:
Best solution is putting the theory of osmosis and diffusion into use..... Wait for it...... tongue grin

Put water in a bigger bowl and sit the salty pot of food in the water for 10-15minutes...... Ensure the pot is still hot. Thank me later
lol....shey pot na semipermeable nih

1 Like

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Just2endowed2(m): 8:11am On Jun 30, 2018
druxy:
lol....shey pot na semipermeable nih

I wonder
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by GrammarCheck: 8:13am On Jun 30, 2018
Add yam

Osmosis will occur; the spontaneous net movement of solvent molecules through a selectively permeable membrane into a region of higher solute concentration, in the direction that tends to equalize the solute concentrations on the two sides to a region of lower concentration, thereby reducing the salt content in the food and increasing the salt content in the yam.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Lastanza: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2018
KingLennon:
Did u realise how our mothers cook? They don't need to measure the salt, they just scoop it on their palms and apply it. And if u taste it, it will be okay. Our Indomie generation wives don't know that secret grin
It's all mastery over a long period of time. I can't also remember the last time I over salted my food. And I don't taste the saltiness while cooking. I just scoop the quantity I know is OK and dats all
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by ceejay80s(m): 8:19am On Jun 30, 2018
alenwup:
As if potato is easily found. OK, I carry milk and pour it in over salted egusi soup right?
funny way to cook, pouring milk into okro soup cos its oversalted,
Catherine practical Fuji house of commotion
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Zoe99(f): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2018
CChillz:
3rd FTC in a day.
I tried the "addition of milk" my brother the food caused constipation o" ma belle big small, but I've handled it. I'm a guy and I love cooking like crazy, it doesn't hurt to try out things like this because you stand to gain more knowledge and insight
I thought milk was a laxative.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by lonelydora: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2018
post=68948241:
To the poster above... if you don't jump behind him on every thread, I wonder how you know, ubiquitous fellow!

Anyways,
We only reply business oriented mentions and sensible quotes.
So bye!

This una grill wey i go soon come taste. I swallow saliva everytime i read your comment
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by CChillz: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2018
Zoe99:
I thought milk was a laxative.
Hot milk is actually a laxative but i think it worked otherwise because of the different mixture of ingredients in the "over salted" meal I prepared. Every individual has unique body systems sha

1 Like

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2018
lonelydora:

This una grill wey i go soon come taste. I swallow saliva everytime i read your comment
You are welcome anytime sis.
We are always at your service.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead.
Hugs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Jessyjack(f): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2018
one of the best methods is adding sugar to it.... yes it works very well...!!! Some days ago, hubby asked me to prepare vegetable soup for him... I was already tired when he came and I complained a little but later decided to help... then I added salt and Maggie and before I said jack, salt don catch am... I began to sweat because he will think I deliberately did it because I reluctantly agreed to cook.. ran to my neighbor's house for potato and couldn't get any... then I remembered reading about sugar.. I quickly googled it and decided to give it a try and voilĂ !!! the taste balanced immediately...!
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by KingLennon(m): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2018
Lastanza:

It's all mastery over a long period of time. I can't also remember the last time I over salted my food. And I don't taste the saltiness while cooking. I just scoop the quantity I know is OK and dats all
Datz very qud
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2018
Add plum tomatoes if possible
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by TissuePaper: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2018
Arondizuogu:

I don't think he sleeps. Just like Onila and one other girl like that.. those two rarely sleep or leave nairaland then
INTROVERT right... I think it's joblessness sha
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Slimsly100(f): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2018
Kelamma:
Why will you even over salt my food in the first place? angry
Didn't your mama teach you how to cook?
No no no! I don't take nonsense..so don't tell me that mistakes can happen!

Are you perfect? Don't you make mistakes at times
And why will you drag somebody's mama into this?

Oro re su mi jare!!!
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:47am On Jun 30, 2018
QuietHammer:

This is how this nigga jumps into all threads grin

How's life my man?

You should be rechristened "ViciousHammer" grin
The chap is a pest.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:51am On Jun 30, 2018
Jessyjack:
one of the best methods is adding sugar to it.... yes it works very well...!!! Some days ago, hubby asked me to prepare vegetable soup for him... I was already tired when he came and I complained a little but later decided to help... then I added salt and Maggie and before I said jack, salt don catch am... I began to sweat because he will think I deliberately did it because I reluctantly agreed to cook.. ran to my neighbor's house for potato and couldn't get any... then I remembered reading about sugar.. I quickly googled it and decided to give it a try and voilĂ !!! the taste balanced immediately...!

Maggi contains insanely high and unhealthy amounts of salt. If you use it, avoid adding extra salt.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2018
lol. but u can't fix some... it will be better to just waste it. for instance it will require 4eggs to fix 2egg try it and confirm.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Franky826: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
CChillz:
3rd FTC in a day.
I tried the "addition of milk" my brother the food caused constipation o" ma belle big small, but I've handled it. I'm a guy and I love cooking like crazy, it doesn't hurt to try out things like this because you stand to gain more knowledge and insight

Next time just add leaf vegetables.
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by Shukran(f): 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
Add sugar. The Oyinbos add sugar to most of their meals.
I had an experience, I made Turkey, potato corn soup for a friend and it was salt, I decided to add soup and it was very good and he really enjoyed it. tongue tongue
Re: How To Fix An Oversalted Meal by CChillz: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
Franky826:

Next time just add leaf vegetables.

Tried this last year, I added as much as I can but it didn't kill the salty taste. The pumpkin leafs ended up tasting saltier at the end

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Whatsapp Group For Chefs (already In The Industry Or Intending To) / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) / A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.