Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones (33076 Views)

OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market / Are The Mid-range Smartphones Getting Closer To Flagships? / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by alertness(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2018
lilbest4:
lol.
Some of them do borrow.
One girl in my lodge used to come and collect mine, after some minutes I'll start seeing the pics on her whatsapp status. Me wey get phone, most of my contacts don't even know the phone I'm using.
It's poor mentality if you ask me
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 30, 2018
UrbanExotica:
only for the rich.

it wasn't made so brokeasses like you can run them out of business.
says a bi.tch who uses a bathing soap until it becomes the size of a sim card. Ain't you broke yourself? ... Mtcheeeeeeeww.

2 Likes

Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
When they launch phone of 50k, please tell me. undecided

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
no be apple mess up una economy...
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
Iphones are meant for people who are one of three things: very rich, very stupid, or both.
tell that to the average students in the US and Canada...your pathetic government has made even basic and affordable commodities look like luxury in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by loswhite(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2018
somito121:
Apple is already on a free fall. By this time next year you will see more downward trend except they slash their price. Ever wonder why Samsung, huwaii and tecno brands still maintain profits in the mobile industry..
and iPhone make losses in the industry right?
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
LordReed:

This is untrue. There have been several teardowns of iPhones to see how much the components cost and the price is usually between $150-$200, how does this justify a $600-$1000 price tag? IPhone X teardown deduced the parts cost less than $400 still $1000 is a significant markup.

Apple have succeeded in marketing their brand as premium quality and the price reflects it, the price does not reflect the real cost of the phone components.
Exactly, what I wanted to say. A lot of Nigerians don't know things about mobile phones. If many want to know about secrets about all these products, they should always watch Mobile phone summits in Barcelona. Iphones would be relegated behind Samsung and Xiaomi.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
vertueptime:

Abi o, if u ask them how much is apple screen and battry compared to samsung or geonie, the ans will tell u wch one is a rip off
That is why most Iphone users don't like to use Samsung phones. Samsung components are expensive.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
TechCapon:
cost of apple components $150- $200? I need to see that video
Iphone X costs $357.50 to make. Apple made 64% profit on each Iphone X sold.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by NickMark1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
you're correct bro.....made for the rich,with the rich and for the rich only...
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by cluewebhost(m): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2018
Beginning of the end
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Peter5694(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
money for Land...who knows in 3-5yrz the land fit even appreciate to 10milli tops..mtsww
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by samzzycash(m): 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

tell that to the average students in the US and Canada...your pathetic government has made even basic and affordable commodities look like luxury in Nigeria.
is that why the average US and Canadian students are complaining about $1000 price tag or you think because this post is on nairaland we are the only ones affected. You also forget to say those Us and Canadian students can use a year to pay for a phone.. Affordable commodities indeed.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by MobileGees: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
what is apple??
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
samzzycash:
is that why the average US and Canadian students are complaining about $1000 price tag or you think because this post is on nairaland we are the only ones affected. You also forget to say those Us and Canadian students can use a year to pay for a phone.. Affordable commodities indeed.
the bottom line is that US and Canadian students use iphones a lot..whether they pay outright or in installments isn't the point...make no mistake, even a phone of 50k here in Nigeria is NOT CHEAP for a country were 80% of it's citizens live below a dollar daily..
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Curry30: 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
It's too cheap. I'm waiting for the $5,000 iPhone. If not I'm not buying grin
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Emisco1:
was expecting to see 50-70k or maybe 100k.

so $700 is cheap abi, over 200k.

@op..... it is still for the rich

shift ma pass
Na wa o. You want them to make phones for IDP Campers?
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
EtherealAnn:
250k for a phone mmmm
See weytin you dey talk. And you get Toto? You no know the power of that thing ni?
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Decale: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Iphone X costs $357.50 to make. Apple made 64% profit on each Iphone X sold.

64% of profit??

And costs of adverts, research and development, salaries, incentives tax, bills, shipping and promos go into where? Blood bank, abi?
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by hertz9te(m): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
Emisco1:

shift ma pass
Do that same dollar conversion with dollar
Rate during gej regime,,,now blame accordingly.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Decale:

64% of profit

And costs of adverts, research and development, salaries, incentives tax, bills, shipping and promos go into where? Blood bank, abi?
Companies like Samsung that produces cheaper phones tha Apple don't do R & D and all the things you listed. Apple just overhyped her products, still Samsung produces quality gadgets.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by newjosboy: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
TechCapon:
funny. Compared to the $1000 price tag on the iPhone X it's a little cheaper. That's almost $300 price slash

Still expensive jare
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Decale: 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Companies like Samsung that produces cheaper phones tha Apple don't do R & D and all the things you listed

Lol...

It's obvious I'm talking to a noob. Even a company as small as Techno does R& D

And Samsung doesn't only produce cheaper phones, they also make $1000 smartphones.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
Decale:

Lol...

It's obvious I'm talking to a noob. Even a company as small as Techno does R& D

And Samsung doesn't only produce cheaper phones, they also make $1000 smartphones.
Funny right, calling me a noob. Please, tell me the expensive phones samsung produces that the price is higher than Apple's products. I am not talking about customised phones.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Decale: 5:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Funny right, calling me a noob. Please, tell me the expensive phones samsung produces that the price is higher than Apple's products. I am not talking about customised phones.

Lol....

Samsung w2018 costs about $2500

Samsung s9 and s9 plus cost more than iPhone 8 and 8 plus respectively while the note 8 had a starting price of $950, almost as IPhone X. If that price isn't Apple-esque, then this discussion is over...
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by ollah2: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Decale:

Lol....

Samsung w2018 costs about $2500

Samsung s9 and s9 plus cost more than iPhone 8 and 8 plus respectively while the note 8 had a starting price of $950, almost as IPhone X. If that price isn't Apple-esque, then this discussion is over...

Apple generally prices their phones much higher than Samsung.
Samsung S9 series are months older than iPhone 8 series so it's imminent for it to be more expensive but iPhone X is costlier despite having cheaper hardware and just slightly more expensive than Samsung S8.

W2018 is a niche phone
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Ihatelove(f): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
Still expensive
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Myphonearena: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Emisco1:

shift ma pass
lol. Thought it was going to cost $300 when I saw $300 on the post. Apple we not kee somebody with price ah swear.
Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by Decale: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
ollah2:

Apple generally prices their phones much higher than Samsung.
Samsung S9 series are months older than iPhone 8 series so it's imminent for it to be more expensive but iPhone X is costlier despite having cheaper hardware and just slightly more expensive than Samsung S8.

W2018 is a niche phone

Lol. Bros

IPhone 8 starting price was $700 while s9 was $720, iPhone 8 plus was $800 while s9 plus was $840. I'm not talking about current prices...

W2018, niche phone is an overpriced piece of junk. $2500 for what exactly? Lol. Note 8 and iPhone X still crossed the $1000 mark after tax at a point.

The point of this discussion wasn't about Apple vs Samsung, which you always get a hardon for; but about them being priced similarly. Both are expensive except when the deflation rate comes into play, then Apple holds their prices more over time than the Samsungs...

3 Likes

Re: Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones by saxby(f): 12:58am On Jul 01, 2018
300 dollar cheaper makes it 700 dollars, and you call that cheap? thats over 200k o,hmm i think when it comes to being budget friendly tecno mobile is the best choice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro / How To Deactivate Airtel Unlimited Whatsapp / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.