Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,070 members, 7,953,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:18 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? (502 Views)

Miracles Are Fake, Christians Lie And Deceive Themselves About Miracles / Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Miracle? Share Your Experience(s) / You Are In A Computer - Everything You Know Is A Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by HappyPagan: 1:23am On Jun 30, 2018
A miracle is a lie told in church.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 30, 2018
HappyPagan:
A miracle is a lie told in church.

Is that what you think?

What if that's a lie too?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by HappyPagan: 3:33am On Jun 30, 2018
alignacademy:

Is that what you think?
Na, I don't think so. I opened this thread to post your thoughts.

alignacademy:

What if that's a lie too?
I might be wrong. Maybe miracles are just false truths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 30, 2018
HappyPagan:

Na, I don't think so. I opened this thread to post your thoughts.

I might be wrong. Maybe miracles are just false truths.

LOL

A lot depends on the definition

How do you define a LIE?

How do you define a MIRACLE?

The simple dictionary definitions are:

LIE:
an intentionally false statement

MIRACLE:
an extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency.

Won't you agree they are A BIT different?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by paxonel(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2018
Any miracle done in a midst of christians or the church is a lie and fake!

Miracles were supposed to carried our in the midst of non Christians such as places like mosques in order to attract Muslims into christianity, or in any gathering of non Christians such as atheists, buddhists, Jews, etc.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by HappyPagan: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2018
alignacademy:

How do you define a LIE?
Purposely passing off false information as truth. This definition is simple enough.

alignacademy:

How do you define a MIRACLE?
In the Pentecostal context, a reason to give testimonies that give honor and glory to God, and offering to the man of God.

alignacademy:

The simple dictionary definitions are:

LIE:
an intentionally false statement
Ah, my definition was close.

alignacademy:

MIRACLE:
an extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore attributed to a divine agency
Ah, the dictionary sometimes gets in the way of a good argument.

Anyways, consider context. I mean 'miracle' in the Pentecostal sense.

Miracle - God has placed me from armed robbery. 7 people died, but God saved me.

Miracle - God blessed me with a new car and promotion, even when I had no qualifications. God's grace.

MEracle - God always working for my good.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Lie and a Miracle? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
HappyPagan:

Purposely passing off false information as truth. This definition is simple enough.

In the Pentecostal context, a reason to give testimonies that give honor and glory to God, and offering to the man of God.

Ah, my definition was close.

Ah, the dictionary sometimes gets in the way of a good argument.

Anyways, consider context. I mean 'miracle' in the Pentecostal sense.

Miracle - God has placed me from armed robbery. 7 people died, but God saved me.

Miracle - God blessed me with a new car and promotion, even when I had no qualifications. God's grace.

MEracle - God always working for my good.

LOL @ how the dictionary can get in the way of a good argument!

Are you really looking for an argument or a discussion?

Arguments to me (at least in the general sense) faintly suggest intolerance; y'know, the idea that ONLY my point of view is the right one and any other view must NOT be tolerated.

I see intolerance as Terrorism 101

I prefer REASONING together.

Anyway, back to your comments

It seems your issue is really with the TESTIMONIES, the MEracle aspect.

What's really your issue with the testimonies?

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Daily Open Heaven Devotionals And Weekly Sunday School Manuals / What Does It Mean That Jesus Is Creator? / Check Out What Happens To You When You Bleep Someone Wether Married Or Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.