Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria (13856 Views)

Saleem Rufai: First Person To Graduate With First Class In Business Admin, UDUS / Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / How To Graduate With First Class In Any Tertiary Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2018
MyVc:

Good Morning, Sir.

Please GrammarNazi1 send me a mail.

Email address; christo2012online@gmail.com.

Thank you.
I have sent you a mail. Notify me here when you reply.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2018
femi4:
you got an E. Why do I have feelings that you failed the course and you were probably given an E cos of your level (400) and GP. If you are sure of yourself, you can call for your papers

IN NIGERIA !!!!!!!

YOU THERE NOT BECAUSE THOSE lecturers WILL TAKE IT PERSONAL WITH YOU
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Chevrolet076(m): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
...most students love and spend...
ODE NI E... ojo wo loto fe gbon na?...
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
kam13:
Hello Fam!
I've been wondering why it is difficult to graduate with a first-class here in Nigeria (federal universities). I was on first-class from my 100 to 300 level. but coming to 400 level, I got an E in a four credit unit course which made me short of first-class slightly. i feel it was an intentional act by my department. why is it like that?
does anyone have such experience or probably heard of any?? pls share your experiences and views on this so we get comforted.

Punctuate properly. Is it so hard to begin your sentences with a capital letter after a full-stop? Your letter "I" should always be written in upper case.
You're welcome.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Sman37(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
kam13:
Hello Fam!
I've been wondering why it is difficult to graduate with a first-class here in Nigeria (federal universities). I was on first-class from my 100 to 300 level. but coming to 400 level, I got an E in a four credit unit course which made me short of first-class slightly. i feel it was an intentional act by my department. why is it like that?
does anyone have such experience or probably heard of any?? pls share your experiences and views on this so we get comforted.
Man its there evil intentions make it so but most lecturer are not as good to graduate with 1st class thus they don't want student's to also graduate but they can only stop that in school they cant stop u from getting a first class job!!
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
Tammygrace:

1 E can stop you from having a first class if the GP is hovering around the 4.5 mark. Secondly, my bro was a victim of this exact scenario. He was given a C to prevent him from having at least a 4.5. Fortunately he was friendly with a professor whom he complained to and the scripts of the whole class were retrieved from the course lecturer and remarked. He had an A and graduated with first class. The students the lecturer initially gave As to were D, E and F candidates and their real grades were reinstated.
I assumed he was in 400 level and he was doing a 5 year course.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by harriet412(f): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
Maj196:
You can as well buy it but fvck it who e epp. I rather polish up my skills in IT dan waste my time chasing First Class that might be useless to me in the long run.

You can as well chase that first class and polish up ur IT skills undecided
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by NnamdiEducamia(m): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
We are looking for creative minds and inventors you are pursuing first class CERTIFICATE.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by NnamdiEducamia(m): 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
SolutionMee:
Why will any reasonable student graduate with first class in the first place? It's a waste of one's precious time and effort as it doesn't guarantee any durable success in the long run

So third class is better? grin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by mryes11: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
That's correct bro. Just ask for God's blessing because it makes rich and no sorrow attached
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by jessyjames100(f): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
All those saying who first class help I know its because u did not graduate with one. just try and be well prepared becos its always hard to maintain it with a lot of side distractions u can still make it up wish u all d best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by jessyjames100(f): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
SolutionMee:
Why will any reasonable student graduate with first class in the first place? It's a waste of one's precious time and effort as it doesn't guarantee any durable success in the long run
u think it does not help on d long run try applying for MSC abroad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by teesaint22(m): 2:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
yeyerolling:
because the system is garbabe. In my 100l i was on 4.7. As soon as my dept pple got to know me, dat guy dat seats at d back, d one dat doesnt talk to pple, the one with funky dressing , d one who wears chain bla bla bla. Naso GPA begin cut like fufu. 58,59 and 68 bcame my normal score . i just weak
ds one strong ooo
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by teesaint22(m): 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
NnamdiEducamia:

So third class is better? grin
certificate of attendance is preferable. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by BlueRayDick: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2018
kalu61:
You should be ashamed with that comparison. You should be better than them.
In as much as I understand the frustration in the system.

What is this one saying angry
Ashamed of what comparison? That am doing better in life than some sadist who did some nasty things to me without hiding it?

Sorry I'm not not ashamed. Am the only one who knows what I passed tru. If some of them were gods, they definitely won't rain for years and when they do its best going to rain hot boiling water.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Maj196(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
harriet412:

You can as well chase that first class and polish up ur IT skills undecided
Whatever...
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
Change this article to why it is hard to get ist class in public universities because in private universities ist class is a normal like you wanna poo in the toilet.... There is nothing special in getting a ist class
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 5:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
BlueRayDick:

What is this one saying angry
Ashamed of what comparison? That am doing better in life than some sadist who did some nasty things to me without hiding it?

Sorry I'm not not ashamed. Am the only one who knows what I passed tru. If some of them were gods, they definitely won't rain for years and when they do its best going to rain hot boiling water.
l understand but comparing yourself to them is not good. That's my opinion though. Everything you passed through brought you to where you are. And they are part of it. What if they have given you a free ride and you ended with first class and be looking for job like many other out there.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by tzoracle: 12:11am On Jul 01, 2018
First class is overrated
currently on first class but work for a guy in my level who is on 2.2 to make ends meet. The guy is a tech genius, taught himself programming and is a five star seller making loads of cash off fiverr. Paper cert is worthless, develop yourself outside the classroom.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:22am On Jul 01, 2018
tzoracle:
First class is overrated
currently on first class but work for a guy in my level who is on 2.2 to make ends meet. The guy is a tech genius, taught himself programming and is a five star seller making loads of cash off fiverr. Paper cert is worthless, develop yourself outside the classroom.

Who is this guy? ThankGod? Or Fabulous?
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by baum1: 5:12am On Jul 01, 2018
tzoracle:
First class is overrated

I disagree with you, young man. Yes, it is a must to develop yourself and all, but paper certificate is NOT worthless anywhere in the world. I have seen enough from ALL sides of life to know that you are WRONG on this. I cannot begin to tell you the number of excellent students whose grades gave them an edge and who went on to do great things. If it is monetary matters you are talking about, there are many first class people who are doing well. That grade alone opens doors for people. Yes, it still does..Thank God I am anonymous here, so I can say things. By meeting people here who graduated with first class degrees, I have picked an interest in them and guided them to get full scholarships abroad, all things fully paid. And I met these people on nairaland and became interested in them because they are bright and have grades to prove it. I didn't know them before.

I know several first class people in Nigeria earning 50+ million naira per year from their jobs 13 years after leaving school. I know of first class people here whose total compensation runs near 300K dollars per annum...Several others in Nigeria and elsewhere who have even started their own gig and were able to do this because they were good AND their top grades opened doors for them earlier in their career. I also know of a number of people who were really good, but got bad grades. You know what? Their bad grades worked against them. Yes, they did.

Congrats in advance for your first class. Try to maintain it and graduate with it. Don't deceive yourself. But, yes, develop yourself heavily in other marketable areas..

I've taken time to type you this so you don't go and nogere and deceive yourself and join the bandwagon of "first class is useless". No, it is not. Get it and see, put yourself out there and you will see what will happen to you. Of course, good grades are not a sufficient condition for success in life, just as bad grades are not a sufficient condition for failure in life. However, it is always important to note that whatever is worth doing is worth doing excellently well.

I leave you now..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by MyVc: 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
I have sent you a mail. Notify me here when you reply.

I have done that.
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by tzoracle: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
baum1:

I disagree with you, young man. Yes, it is a must to develop yourself and all, but paper certificate is NOT worthless anywhere in the world. I have seen enough from ALL sides of life to know that you are WRONG on this. I cannot begin to tell you the number of excellent students whose grades gave them an edge and who went on to do great things. If it is monetary matters you are talking about, there are many first class people who are doing well. That grade alone opens doors for people. Yes, it still does..Thank God I am anonymous here, so I can say things. By meeting people here who graduated with first class degrees, I have picked an interest in them and guided them to get full scholarships abroad, all things fully paid. And I met these people on nairaland and became interested in them because they are bright and have grades to prove it. I didn't know them before.

I know several first class people in Nigeria earning 50+ million naira per year from their jobs 13 years after leaving school. I know of first class people here whose total compensation runs near 300K dollars per annum...Several others in Nigeria and elsewhere who have even started their own gig and were able to do this because they were good AND their top grades opened doors for them earlier in their career. I also know of a number of people who were really good, but got bad grades. You know what? Their bad grades worked against them. Yes, they did.

Congrats in advance for your first class. Try to maintain it and graduate with it. Don't deceive yourself. But, yes, develop yourself heavily in other marketable areas..

I've taken time to type you this so you don't go and nogere and deceive yourself and join the bandwagon of "first class is useless". No, it is not. Get it and see, put yourself out there and you will see what will happen to you. Of course, good grades are not a sufficient condition for success in life, just as bad grades are not a sufficient condition for failure in life. However, it is always important to note that whatever is worth doing is worth doing excellently well.

I leave you now..

Ok, thanks
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by tzoracle: 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
Gerrard59:

Who is this guy? ThankGod? Or Fabulous?

none of the above, a geoscientist
Re: Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 02, 2018
I'm really grateful for your response guys! one love

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwarapoly Nabs Cybercafe Owner For Helping Students Forge Certificates / Osun State University 2012/2013 Admission / UNILORIN Post UTME Form 2019/2020 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.