Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From (2388 Views)

Is It Actually Safe To Host Your Domain In Nigeria / After Hosting Your Domain What Next?? / Registering Your Domain Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by daretechy: 7:08am On Jun 30, 2018
IMPORTANCE OF DOMAIN NAMES

Purchasing and booking domain names also has it's importance to your website. The importance is as follows;

1. Originality And Branding
Thinking about some of the big tech brands that exist today, like Google or Yahoo. Want to know why those names fit their brands so well? It's because those words exists naturally. Our minds didn't really have a concept of what these names meant before we ever heard them, so the companies behind them could easily create the image of what they meant to us from scratch. The name Google has since then become a verb.
There are a lot of elements that go into finding the perfect domain name, the process of booking domain names can even determine the name of your business. Have fun, get creative, and also remember that the domain you pick today doesn't have to be the one you stick with forever.

2. Domain Names Increases Your Web Presence

A domain name adds mobility to your Internet presence. Owning your own domain name lets you take that name with you even when you change Web hosts or switch to your own in-house server. If you don’t own your domain name, you’ll have to take a new URL, which will destroy the branding that you built up with your first address.

3. Makes People Take You Serious

A domain name says you’re forward-thinking. Having your own domain name indicates you’re part of the Digital Revolution, and it implies that you’re up-to-date on emerging technologies. Whether this is true or not, having your own domain name might just put you ahead of your competitors and will make people take you serious and not for granted.

WEBSITES FOR PURCHASING DOMAIN NAMES

Here are list of domain booking websites.

1. GoDaddy
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of May 2017, GoDaddy has approximately 17 million customers and over 6,000 employees worldwide.
GoDaddy as they say on their about us page powers the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work.

2. NameCheap
NameCheap is another domain booking website to try out. Namecheap, Inc. is an ICANN-accredited registrar, which provide services on domain name registration, and offer for sale domain names that are registered to third parties. It is also a web hosting company, based in Phoenix, Arizona. On NameCheap, they make registering, hosting, and managing domains for yourself or others easy and affordable, because the internet needs people.

3. DomainKing
Among websites for booking domain names,
DomainKing is worthy of mentions. DomainKing is a Global Domain Registrar accredited with many Asian & African Registries. Their services includes registering Domain Names, Web Hosting to complete Websites & tools that help your business grow . They provide quality Web Services & Tools that help every Business , Developer & Blogger succeed online in their ventures. You can register on DomainKing and try out their flexibility.

cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Source: http://www.daretechy.com.ng
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by Clone2020(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2018
I've got so many .com and the more expensive .nyc domains for over 3 years now... I don tire to dey pay godaddy fees every month, how can I go about selling them? I don't even generate any income from them.
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by daretechy: 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2018
Clone2020:
I've got so many .com and the more expensive .nyc domains for over 3 years now... I don tire to dey pay godaddy fees every month, how can I go about selling them? I don't even generate any income from them.
Can't you just try making unique articles and apply for AdSense with it? That way you won't be at a heavy loss
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by Clone2020(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2018
daretechy:

Can't you just try making unique articles and apply for AdSense with it? That way you won't be at a heavy loss
I don't know how to do any of that. I got carried away buying silly domains to flip, just haven't had time to learn the gig. But i'm open to learn.
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by daretechy: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2018
Clone2020:

I don't know how to do any of that. I got carried away buying silly domains to flip, just haven't had time to learn the gig. But i'm open to learn.

OK this is Your Perfect Guide On How To Join Google Adsense As A Beginner
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by hostkobo(m): 8:10am On Jul 03, 2018
Clone2020:

Hi there,

PM me / chat me up on whatsapp, details below.

if your names are good, I can buy them.

regards
HK
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by fjlinks(m): 11:34pm On May 17, 2019
daretechy:
IMPORTANCE OF DOMAIN NAMES

Purchasing and booking domain names also has it's importance to your website. The importance is as follows;

1. Originality And Branding
Thinking about some of the big tech brands that exist today, like Google or Yahoo. Want to know why those names fit their brands so well? It's because those words exists naturally. Our minds didn't really have a concept of what these names meant before we ever heard them, so the companies behind them could easily create the image of what they meant to us from scratch. The name Google has since then become a verb.
There are a lot of elements that go into finding the perfect domain name, the process of booking domain names can even determine the name of your business. Have fun, get creative, and also remember that the domain you pick today doesn't have to be the one you stick with forever.

2. Domain Names Increases Your Web Presence

A domain name adds mobility to your Internet presence. Owning your own domain name lets you take that name with you even when you change Web hosts or switch to your own in-house server. If you don’t own your domain name, you’ll have to take a new URL, which will destroy the branding that you built up with your first address.

3. Makes People Take You Serious

A domain name says you’re forward-thinking. Having your own domain name indicates you’re part of the Digital Revolution, and it implies that you’re up-to-date on emerging technologies. Whether this is true or not, having your own domain name might just put you ahead of your competitors and will make people take you serious and not for granted.

WEBSITES FOR PURCHASING DOMAIN NAMES

Here are list of domain booking websites.

1. GoDaddy
GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company. As of May 2017, GoDaddy has approximately 17 million customers and over 6,000 employees worldwide.
GoDaddy as they say on their about us page powers the world’s largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work.

2. NameCheap
NameCheap is another domain booking website to try out. Namecheap, Inc. is an ICANN-accredited registrar, which provide services on domain name registration, and offer for sale domain names that are registered to third parties. It is also a web hosting company, based in Phoenix, Arizona. On NameCheap, they make registering, hosting, and managing domains for yourself or others easy and affordable, because the internet needs people.

3. DomainKing
Among websites for booking domain names,
DomainKing is worthy of mentions. DomainKing is a Global Domain Registrar accredited with many Asian & African Registries. Their services includes registering Domain Names, Web Hosting to complete Websites & tools that help your business grow . They provide quality Web Services & Tools that help every Business , Developer & Blogger succeed online in their ventures. You can register on DomainKing and try out their flexibility.

cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Source: http://www.daretechy.com.ng

DomainKing is the only favorite in this list, however, for more, check the top domain registration companies in Nigeria By ShopOnlineG
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by trueevan: 9:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hey, thanks for this information. Really important!
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by WooodSI: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Having a domain name is really very important. This is your face and thanks to your name people will appreciate your services. You know we really have such people who are judging because of the cover and even don't want to look inside. This is why a name has to be the most original and that will promise a lot of good things. I think that this site can help you with that https://handydomain.com. You know when my friend was looking for the name I thought that he is not serious to take this as a priority problem, but how wrong I was. I thank now my friend for sharing this with me, only know I understood how hard is to find a name and how lucky we were using this site.
Re: Top Websites To Purchase Your Domain Name From by Goors1n: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2020
WooodSI:
Having a domain name is really very important. This is your face and thanks to your name people will appreciate your services. You know we really have such people who are judging because of the cover and even don't want to look inside. This is why a name has to be the most original and that will promise a lot of good things. I think that this site can help you with that https://handydomain.com. You know when my friend was looking for the name I thought that he is not serious to take this as a priority problem, but how wrong I was. I thank now my friend for sharing this with me, only know I understood how hard is to find a name and how lucky we were using this site.
Sounds very nice. I'll use this site for my business that I would start soon. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Best Web Hosting Service For You / How To Enable Direct Bank Transfer For Adsense Payment In Nigeria / For sale; 17k Facebook Page, App, Instant Articles Enabled And $0.5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.