Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" (38256 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Toheeb Eniafe Shot Dead Over Argument At Petrol Station In Lagos / LASEMA Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Who Reported A Robbery Attack In His Area / Nigerian Guy Shares Video Of Men Committing Suicide In China After Losing Bets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by bigpicture001: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Every fuel attendant has the right to collect keg charges. How much is #50 or #100 that you can't overlook. Those people suffer to make sure you have fuel in your car, at the end of the month they are paid peanuts yet you can't appreciate them with a token?
...now I agree that some Nigerians are without a brain in thier head..ooohhkay.. I now understand from the name that he is you are from.anambra - the igbo state more famous for high rate of illiteracy among its male indegenes. even at that, didn't u go to skl at all. or uv never stayed where enlightened people communicated. plz try brother it will help ur I.Q.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by bracooloye(m): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
[quote author=ChiefAzubuike post=68951325] Every fuel attendant has the right to collect keg charges. How much is #50 or #100 that you can't overlook. Those people suffer to make sure you have fuel in your car, at the end of the month they are paid peanuts yet you can't appreciate them with a token.

it amaze me how you reason so are you trying to tell me you don't know the difference between appreciation and bribe to enlighten you appreciation comes from free will it is not enforced furthermore appreciation is optional
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Troublemaker007(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Every fuel attendant has the right to collect keg charges. How much is #50 or #100 that you can't overlook. Those people suffer to make sure you have fuel in your car, at the end of the month they are paid peanuts yet you can't appreciate them with a token?

That’s him and the two ediots who liked his comment...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Yomboy4ever(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nice one my guy, men like you who can stand for good thing are scare. Majority of them blame government for there poor Destiny and family problems. They will still call for UR head cos you didn't succumbed to what is not right. You are not like them, all they do is shouting on nairaland like baboon. Calling everything they see zoo. You deserve some Accolades for your action.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Smartademu(m): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Maybe you're a fuel attendant but I'd like to let you know that it is morally and legally wrong to compel customers to pay that N50 or N100 levy. I personally 'dash' them money especially at the end of the month when pocket is still heavy but to pay by force is out of the question for me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Maket: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
You fought with your HEAD and PEN and not with strength that could lead to destruction of properties and lost of lives.

Good fight, good victory, benefits of education un-like some set of illiterate people using weapons for fight.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Tareguu: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
If you want to beg for money , beg but don't make it by force
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by saintkash(m): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Just listen to urself or rather read ur post again and rate your senses

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Nwanna2588: 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
You are an epitome of what is wrong with this country.
ChiefAzubuike:
Your toxicity is what will take this country backward. Continue encouraging corruption.
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Jazmiynne: 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
correctbae:
Nigerian Guy, Favourite Onwuemene took to his Facebook page to narrates how he stopped a petrol station from collecting keg charges from people.

According to his post, he went to purchase fuel and saw how #50 was being collected from keg users, it got him pissed off and told the fuel Attendant not to try it with him but they refused, after much dragging with the management, he got threatened. He decided to write to the franchise owner of the petrol station who decided to take up the case and it got all staffs of that petrol station sacked.

His post:
For months the fuel station close to my house has been forcing anyone buying fuel in kegs to pay a minimum bribe of N50 depending on quantity.
I pleaded with the attendants not to try that nonsense with me, they refused. Thrice I asked to speak to the manager and he supported the attendants, saying all fuel stations do it.
About 3 weeks ago I went there to buy fuel, the attendants refused selling to me if I didn't pay them the bribe first. I told her I wasn't going to leave the station if she doesn't sell me fuel because it was discrimination and illegal to refuse me service in my Country.
While I was waiting a "big man" came in his expensive jeep to buy fuel and paid bribe of N100. Immediately he left the attendant turned to me and said if that man can pay for his keg, why will I, a small boy, refuse to pay? Calling me a kid pissed me off and I went in to see the manager. The manager supported his attendants and threatened he was going to call the cops on me and tell them I came to rob the station. That was the final straw.
I left, promising I was going to take legal action. They probably thought I was making empty threats.
That night I wrote to the fuel station franchise owners informing them of what had happened and that I intended to get justice. I thought it right to first inform them before proceeding with my plans, didn't think they were going to do anything, considering the manager already told me that the charge was authorised by management.
Next day I got a call from the regional manager of Lagos asking for more info and that I give them some time to investigate. After some days, I got another call asking me to point out all those involved. They all got fired. Right now that practice of paying bribe to buy fuel has stopped for everyone buying fuel there.
It cost me more, in time and money, to get redress, than I would have spent bribing those attendants for a year. But it was worth it, because if all Nigerians surrender to the abnormality of paying bribes for the most basic things, this Country will never get better.
We can all continue to blame the Presidency while we turn a blind eye, and even support the rot in our own backyard.

Source: https://correct.com.ng/nigerian-guy-narrates-how-he-stopped-petrol-station-in-his-area-from-collecting-keg-charges-from-people/

Can someone also help us inform this guy that the petrol station should in fact be sanction for selling to Kegs. Since he is seeking social media popularity, he should also release the name of the station make DPR guys also join in the celebration of not turning the blind eye.

#JustSaying sad
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by omogidi234(m): 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

There's a difference between appreciation and forcing money out of people's pocket. What those attendants do is to force money out of your pockets. One even poured out my fuel when I refused to pay charges on keg.

Look if I ask you to please give me money, you will weigh your options but if I threatened you with dangerous weapons, you won't weigh your options, the latter is what every fuel attendant that collects charges on keg does.
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by sigiyaya(m): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
You are very Stup!d!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by AustineJidenna: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
You are mad for doing that.... you too are you not corrupt where you working....let your mind judge you....idiot
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by showafrica(m): 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
Throwback:
Good patriotic deed.

Some insane minds who claim things are not working in Nigeria as they are in foreign countries, would still be the same corruption enablers who would criticise the efforts of this young man, claiming he took food out of the mouth of average Nigerians while the politicians are stealing billions.

Corruption is evil regardless of the amount involved or the social status of those who attempt to establish it as a way of life.

I tell you, but before you can eliminate this in Nigeria, it's almost impossible. Even when you are been truthful Nigerians think you are lying. It has become a way of life. I hate it when I know my children children will suffer to get things fixed because, we have failed to fix it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by moorevic(m): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
You area bloody slowpoke
[quote author=ChiefAzubuike post=68951325] Every fuel attendant has the right to collect keg charges. How much is #50 or #100 that you can't overlook. Those people suffer to make sure you have fuel in your car, at the end of the month they are paid peanuts yet you can't appreciate them with a token?[/qu
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by kollinpowel(m): 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Get this as a fact this so called petrol Attendant are richer than people that comes to patronize them .
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by JustCallMeTimmy(m): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

What "RIGHT" do they have to collect #50 for being an attendant? Don't they receive their pay at the end of the month?

And please, how do they suffer to make sure we have fuel in our cars?

You better don't start what you can't finish!

If you call that #50 or #100 their "RIGHT" then you simply do not know what the word means.. Go back to your English note or textbook!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by showafrica(m): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Well done, Sir. If only quarter of Nigerians can emulate such bravery act....

Don't hail him oo, if you try this at the top, you will be eliminated. Nigeria needs factory settings, we need to start afresh.
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by amaks: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

It's your type of thinking we should try to correct. It's with this thinking from little things like this that it continues and goes ahead to justify large scale corruption in the higher places.

The attendants are being payed salaries for their service and it is not we the public that should bear the consequences if their salaries are poor. We can't even negotiate for them. They should channel their complaints to their management.

If any buyer wants to give them appreciation it shouldn't be mandated on him/her, it's not compulsory. Its by choice and not a right. The attendant shouldn't force it. I give them tips too sometimes if I want when they beg nicely, by my choice and not compulsory or as a condition before sale of products.
Change your thinking, as little and insignificant as the incident may seem, this type of thinking can have graver consequences.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Ayus34(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
correctbae:
Nigerian Guy, Favourite Onwuemene took to his Facebook page to narrates how he stopped a petrol station from collecting keg charges from people.

According to his post, he went to purchase fuel and saw how #50 was being collected from keg users, it got him pissed off and told the fuel Attendant not to try it with him but they refused, after much dragging with the management, he got threatened. He decided to write to the franchise owner of the petrol station who decided to take up the case and it got all staffs of that petrol station sacked.

His post:
For months the fuel station close to my house has been forcing anyone buying fuel in kegs to pay a minimum bribe of N50 depending on quantity.
I pleaded with the attendants not to try that nonsense with me, they refused. Thrice I asked to speak to the manager and he supported the attendants, saying all fuel stations do it.
About 3 weeks ago I went there to buy fuel, the attendants refused selling to me if I didn't pay them the bribe first. I told her I wasn't going to leave the station if she doesn't sell me fuel because it was discrimination and illegal to refuse me service in my Country.
While I was waiting a "big man" came in his expensive jeep to buy fuel and paid bribe of N100. Immediately he left the attendant turned to me and said if that man can pay for his keg, why will I, a small boy, refuse to pay? Calling me a kid pissed me off and I went in to see the manager. The manager supported his attendants and threatened he was going to call the cops on me and tell them I came to rob the station. That was the final straw.
I left, promising I was going to take legal action. They probably thought I was making empty threats.
That night I wrote to the fuel station franchise owners informing them of what had happened and that I intended to get justice. I thought it right to first inform them before proceeding with my plans, didn't think they were going to do anything, considering the manager already told me that the charge was authorised by management.
Next day I got a call from the regional manager of Lagos asking for more info and that I give them some time to investigate. After some days, I got another call asking me to point out all those involved. They all got fired. Right now that practice of paying bribe to buy fuel has stopped for everyone buying fuel there.
It cost me more, in time and money, to get redress, than I would have spent bribing those attendants for a year. But it was worth it, because if all Nigerians surrender to the abnormality of paying bribes for the most basic things, this Country will never get better.
We can all continue to blame the Presidency while we turn a blind eye, and even support the rot in our own backyard.

Source: https://correct.com.ng/nigerian-guy-narrates-how-he-stopped-petrol-station-in-his-area-from-collecting-keg-charges-from-people/
Bravo!
One will wonder who legalized extra keg charge,that almost all Nigeria fuel stations re now seeing the abnormally as normal.
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
tuoyoojo:
the problem with most of us is that we do not know how to enforce our rights

during the fuel scarcity, I was in one of the mega stations after spending over 6 hours queuing.

for reasons best known to them, they switch off their lights and said they were not selling again.

all pleads with them fell on deaf ears

quickly I called their customers care and explained to them. after a few minutes someone called me apologising and give me assurance they would start selling

not long, I saw the attendants running out as though they were being chased.

that was how they started selling fuel again

I felt so good that day that despite how bad things are in Nigeria, some things still work

Well done.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Ikpongiton: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
[quote author=srclark post=68960541] can 12k fend for a baby for a month ?talkless of a full grown adult sometimes these things are irritating but it is better to give them before they go the other way with the way the economy is tips and all that is allowed and selling fuel in kegs I think it is not proper so oga wey dey form right if they decide not to sell to you cause you came with a keg won't you use that 50 naira or more to go elsewhere to get or would you prefer to carry your heavy generator on your head and you still foolishly came online to post this rubbish and also included your picture very smart of you ,you dey joke with your life and those of your loved ones not everybody out there is mentally okay ode .In this hard times you think it is proper to get people not even one person fired from where they get their daily bread I see how kind you are and sensible you are rada rada ,just keep praying never to find yourself doing something like this you must think they are so happy with their jobs and do
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
JustCallMeTimmy:

What "RIGHT" do they have to collect #50 for being an attendant? Don't they receive their pay at the end of the month?

And please, how do they suffer to make sure we have fuel in our cars?

You better don't start what you can't finish!

If you call that #50 or #100 their "RIGHT" then you simply do not know what the word means.. Go back to your English note or textbook!

Too brutal!
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by WhiskeyTangoFox: 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Please, how exactly is it their right? Enter transportation and tell d driver or conductor to forget #50/100, let us see if you won't get molested. With people like you and your mentality, we can kiss good bye to a better Nigeria. cry OP.....kudos for such selfless act smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Nukualofa: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
michoim:

Your statements are nothing but copyright. Try to be original.
Wow I'm copying myself then
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
see dem. Cause of our problem in Nigeria. Tolerators

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
meezynetwork:
Kudos to you but u should be careful dealing with ur fellow Nigerians. They can plot evil for you especially if u stop where they corruptly get their daily bread. Nigeria is just a contraption
coward
It's like you enjoy the suffering
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Stycon(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2018
As in!! angry

Same thing is happening at Mobil here, on Kudirat Abiola Way close to Alausa bus stop, Ikeja
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
srclark:
can 12k fend for a baby for a month ?talkless of a full grown adult sometimes these things are irritating but it is better to give them before they go the other way with the way the economy is tips and all that is allowed and selling fuel in kegs I think it is not proper so oga wey dey form right if they decide not to sell to you cause you came with a keg won't you use that 50 naira or more to go elsewhere to get or would you prefer to carry your heavy generator on your head and you still foolishly came online to post this rubbish and also included your picture very smart of you ,you dey joke with your life and those of your loved ones not everybody out there is mentally okay ode .In this hard times you think it is proper to get people not even one person fired from where they get their daily bread I see how kind you are and sensible you are rada rada ,just keep praying never to find yourself doing something like this you must think they are so happy with their jobs and doing all this things it is people like this that will go and buy whisky that is 5k at 50k in clubs and won't complain pennywise pound foolish .Be careful the way you treat people many kill for no reason talkless of rendering more than 10 people jobless later you will start shouting your village people are after you village people that dont know you even exist or that have not finished with their farm work not knowing you are the architect of your problems and I hope you live your life rightly ,cause I would like to know who in Nigeria rich or poor that does not cut corners to make extra bucks .And for the stupid oil company that gave them franchise na them stupid pass instead of checking if the renumerstions are right and okay they went on a firing spree I don't see why anyone that is well paid will stoop so low to ask people for 50 naira .Personally I respect people that employ people and use their conscience to pay them something meaningful people that pay drivers as much as 80k cause they know it is impossible to survive in 20k
Mehn! This is deep!
Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by willibounce1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
srclark:
can 12k fend for a baby for a month ?talkless of a full grown adult sometimes these things are irritating but it is better to give them before they go the other way with the way the economy is tips and all that is allowed and selling fuel in kegs I think it is not proper so oga wey dey form right if they decide not to sell to you cause you came with a keg won't you use that 50 naira or more to go elsewhere to get or would you prefer to carry your heavy generator on your head and you still foolishly came online to post this rubbish and also included your picture very smart of you ,you dey joke with your life and those of your loved ones not everybody out there is mentally okay ode .In this hard times you think it is proper to get people not even one person fired from where they get their daily bread I see how kind you are and sensible you are rada rada ,just keep praying never to find yourself doing something like this you must think they are so happy with their jobs and doing all this things it is people like this that will go and buy whisky that is 5k at 50k in clubs and won't complain pennywise pound foolish .Be careful the way you treat people many kill for no reason talkless of rendering more than 10 people jobless later you will start shouting your village people are after you village people that dont know you even exist or that have not finished with their farm work not knowing you are the architect of your problems and I hope you live your life rightly ,cause I would like to know who in Nigeria rich or poor that does not cut corners to make extra bucks .And for the stupid oil company that gave them franchise na them stupid pass instead of checking if the renumerstions are right and okay they went on a firing spree I don't see why anyone that is well paid will stoop so low to ask people for 50 naira .Personally I respect people that employ people and use their conscience to pay them something meaningful people that pay drivers as much as 80k cause they know it is impossible to survive in 20k

You are nothing but an illiterate and a potential thief/scammer that's if you are not already one. So in other words the police and SARS all you are making noise about are right to rip money off people because their salary is small? If you start up a business and employ someone to monitor it and he or she rips customers off or even shortchange you because he/she feels you are not paying them well, you will be ok with that? The jobs of attendants at petrol station is not a high paying job. If you go for the job and you are not ok with the salary, you can look for something else to do. If they won't sell in kegs. I will remove the tank of my generator and get fuel at the filling station, so that your stupi.d and daft excuse for stealing doesn't work. the fact that you are used to the corrupt way of doing things doesn't mean everyother person does. there are lots of Nigerians who don't cut corners. They have learnt to live within their means and be contended with what they have. It is greedy people like you who want to live above their means that would look for every possible way to cheat and steal. If you work in a petrol station and you want to beg customers for 50naira which is wrong though, you can beg but do not give a condition that you won't sell if the customer doesn't add 50naira for keg. And please quit thinking like a cave man... I wonder where you come from.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by Stycon(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

If such attendant needs money, he should ask directly and not exploit customers. Right ko left ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" by sexdoll: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
nigeria needs more of people like this.

once people know there are consequences for engaging in corrupt acts, they will ALWAYS think twice.

the rich man that paid 100 is a typical example of what is wrong with this country.

people wey suppose put mouth for issues troubling allman will be busy forming "i-don't-care"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boy Shot By His Gang Members At Ijora Badia, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Shi’ites, Police Officers Clash Again At Federal Secretariat Abuja (Photos) / White Woman Shoots Man Who Tried To Rob Her In South Africa (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.