Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Is My Job A Scam!!!!? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is My Job A Scam!!!!? (15764 Views)

How I Nearly Lost My Job (A Lesson For Perverts) / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by samtin(m): 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
Be patient. This country is difficult. Don't lose what you have now. But be on the lookout for other opportunities.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by valnelly(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
It remains one test. HIV test. Take it now and the result comes out in 4 months time.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
Iseoluwani:
drop that job and go into rabbits farming 08143412574.

which kin kountry be this... why treat ourselves like this

How is Rabbit Farming different from Human Farming ? Earth is a Human Farm and the Gods are the Cosmic farmers. So, it is okay to play each other while the Head farmer looks away. grin

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Mikeross62: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
someone is difinitely eating it.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by fowlyansh181(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
thesicilian:
Demand to see her one on one for discussions. What kind of tests are you undergoing? When will it be over? If you're not satisfied with the answers, do not make your displeasure obvious. Just thank her for her time and go back to work. Then start applying for other jobs.
best advice

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by olagamalin(m): 7:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
LifeIsGuhd:
Ehya...

Lalasticlala maybe some lawyers can help

Lawyers are even placed on those conditions too.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by abbasajao(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
Wait for the 6 months. Most standard organisations self run 6 months probation.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by 91119111c(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

I was employed in a company on the 8th of January 2018, i was told by my employers that i will be on probation for 3months, and i will be receiving starting salary pending the time probation will end, then i will start receiving my normal salary.

My probation period ended 8th April 2018, but no appointment letter was issued to me and nothing was said about it, am still paid my starting salary instead of normal salary, I sent an email to my employer and she said the test isnt over yet, its the 6month now, pls guys what should I do

endure brother,n see the end, no job in Nigeria
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by thesicilian: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
olagamalin:

Lawyers are even placed on those conditions too.
Lol.
That's what most people don't know.
I know so many young lawyers who are experiencing the most unimaginable forms of job exploitation, from being grossly underpaid to even no pay at all.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Ayo081(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
Tunmise100:
I worked in an HMO as a Data management executive and was placed on probation for 3 months. Yet, i was paid. The organization is simply using you because they might have noticed how desperate you are in keeping the job or they believe they pitied you by offering you a job in the first place.

OP WAKE UP AND GERRAHOUT OF THERE MEHN!
I sent you an E-mail bro.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by olagamalin(m): 8:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
thesicilian:

Lol.
That's what most people don't know.
I know so many young lawyers who are experiencing the most unimaginable forms of job exploitation, from being grossly underpaid to even no pay at all.

Spot On. You hit the nail on the head. Young wigs experience modern-day slavery from the hands of principals, and they are always running helter-skelter to appear in court.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by bigpicture001: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
it's ok. u are worried..but u dent a mail nd was replied. that ir test ends in the 6th month. now ur in the 6th nd still asking wot to do,wen it is yet to finish. also ur not d only one in d firm. so ask others instead of us how they go about thier renumeration. com to think of u.ur mind is transfixed on "pay" are u good at ur job..?
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by miketayo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

I was employed in a company on the 8th of January 2018, i was told by my employers that i will be on probation for 3months, and i will be receiving starting salary pending the time probation will end, then i will start receiving my normal salary.

My probation period ended 8th April 2018, but no appointment letter was issued to me and nothing was said about it, am still paid my starting salary instead of normal salary, I sent an email to my employer and she said the test isnt over yet, its the 6month now, pls guys what should I do

It's a scam.. u should have signed a document with them.. it's not too late now anyways
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by systemz(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Maybe your performance is not satisfactory and, out of pity, they don't want to show you the door.
Still watching to see if you'll improve.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by madgoat(m): 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
Iseoluwani:
drop that job and go into rabbits farming 08143412574.

which kin kountry be this... why treat ourselves like this

See your miserable life. grin
Even if they are paying him 50k monthly, i can assure you that its way better than the peanuts you get from the so called farming. The problem with you is that you could not get a good white collar job and then decided to settle for farming. Meanwhile your dream is to land a good job out there. grin
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by jaxxy(m): 12:40am On Jul 01, 2018
eikechukwu8:
Hello Guys

1st probation period isn't just for formalities tho in sm well established or blue chip companies it is and ur confirmation is certain. Depending on ur coy there might be expections or a targets tied to ur advancement, try getting familiar with what is required of u and decide on how u can achieve it or hold on till when they feel u deserve to be confirmed.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by linearity: 5:45am On Jul 01, 2018
Some people can dey ask some kind question eh!

Dem dey ask person say rain dey fall again? OP reason the thing with common sense small na, dat thing legit 4 ur eyes?

Wich kind test dem wan rest run again?

You better start looking for another job, only hold on to this as long as you have not gotten something else, but don’t rely on this job and their ‘test’....

I always ask my interviewers questions especially about the reason for the new hire....if it was due to growth or if the position was occupied by someone else before and if if were, I prob them about what happened to the previous person, etc.

Most likely they were ‘test running’ the previous person past his or probation period and he had to leave or they fired him after using him and try to replay that scenario with you again...

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Brightgem(f): 7:26am On Jul 01, 2018
Yes ur Job is a scam, the poster above me has said all, employers in Nigeria take advantage of the unemployed... scam because they are not sticking to terms tabled before you. 3 months should be 3 months.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by Brightgem(f): 7:28am On Jul 01, 2018
dnawah:
wait till then,probation is 6 months in my company.
Modern slavery.
Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by dnawah(m): 7:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Brightgem:
Modern slavery.
not at all,they pay u as a staff.

1 Like

Re: Is My Job A Scam!!!!? by eikechukwu8(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2018
bigpicture001:
it's ok. u are worried..but u dent a mail nd was replied. that ir test ends in the 6th month. now ur in the 6th nd still asking wot to do,wen it is yet to finish. also ur not d only one in d firm. so ask others instead of us how they go about thier renumeration. com to think of u.ur mind is transfixed on "pay" are u good at ur job..?
i got a commendation twice within 6months, no worker in tge company has ever made that since the company's establishment, thats a prove that am good at my job

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oluwaseyi Shorinola, Emmanuel Balogun, Rufus Akinyemi Get $391500 Research Grant / What Are My Chances Of Making It As A Lawyer In Nigeria? / Inflation: Why Are Salary Earners The Hardest Hit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.